charlemagne
charlemagne
Townie
charlemagne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:41 am

Post by charlemagne »

In post 90, innocentvillager wrote:a note about flashwagons while it's on my mind, no idea if this is insightful or not, feel free to disagree ofc

im kind of scared about leaving people at L-2 even in this game; i think when someone gets to L-2 there's a huge incentive for scum to just go in and hammer/build up the wagon/hope another townie joins, etc. Like let's say two wagons are developing on X and B and X, Y, Z are the scumteam. If X dies then mafia insta lose but if even in the absolute worst case if Y scumclaims and hammers B then X, Y will get blown up and Z at least still has a fighting chance. Like even if associatives get really really bad scum will do anything to make sure the wagon goes to someone else because horrible associatives > instaloss is my point. So as town our job is to not let these sort of situations get even close to happening by making sure wagons don't go to like 5 votes easily without strong reasoning/deadline scramble.

as far as an overall game strat take

i kind of just like the idea of drawing out/playing the Day 1 phase as opposed to keeping it contentless and purely memey (no offense to the memers y'all great too). I just remember as scum being really scared that town would elongate Day 1 and try to scumhunt, etc., while we were all in limbo of just not knowing if town would converge on one of us on D1, which is why we went for the meme-flashwagon strategy. Obviously at this point it doesn't look like scum is going to take that approach and that this game already looks different, etc., etc. but i think it may be helpful to keep in mind that scum are under a lot more pressure than us on D1 which is an advantage we lose the moment we end this phase - scum have a lot more to lose than us.

this is all maybe kind of obvious but for me at least worth keeping and mind and verbalizing
leantown on iv for basically this post alone, i remember them tryharding and analyzing on town in a way that i haven't seen them do as scum. obviously a light read because rvs
as for the actual analysis, hm. i agree with both where iv is coming from and the second part of the post; i'd argue that the meme flashwagon strategy in the last game was largely perpetuated by the town for funsies, because this IS something of a meme game, but i am in strong agreement that scum will have stronger tells and associatives this dayphase because of how badly a d1 elim screws them over. i am uncomfortable with precommitting to be careful putting people on l-2/l-1, because i think that the point of quick wagons for pressure is that they actually have teeth. every vote can and should be able to lead to an elimination, and i think that that pressure is the biggest way we discern town from scum in any +rand way this day phase. scum is gonna take the chances that come their way but outing a large part of the scumteam to eliminate townie x is probably a bad idea from their perspective when town is already more likely to be elimed.

also pagetop
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:46 am

Post by cowsloveSushirolls »

In post 98, charlemagne wrote:serious vote,
not a single post in this game has pinged me more than cow's entire iso
, this post especially is +scum
this sounds like you have problems with the fundamentals of my play, which is actually pretty cool i haven't been dunked on this early

for example, yeah the post you quoted is textbook scum, the context was that it was a chainsaw defense of clemency that i continued because t3 voted someone who i thought was a lurker
when it turned out that they weren't actually lurking i unvoted t3 because their votes weren't as godawful as i thought

do my readlist be bangin tho?
selling fuit gummy at an affordable price
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 1.02
Pavowski (1)-
T3
schadd_ (0)-

T3 (1)-
StrangeMatter
innocentvillager (0)-

charlemagne (0)-

cowsloveSushirolls (3)-
schadd_, charlemagne, PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear (0)-

Enchant (1)-
clemency
numberQ (1)-
Almost50
StrangeMatter (0)-

Almost50 (0)-

Clemency (2)-
numberQ, Pavowski

Not Voting (3)-
innocentvillager, Enchant, cowsloveSushirolls

With
alive, it takes
to instantly eliminate.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2021-10-30 21:00:00)
- Oct 30th 21:00 GMT
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Clemency »

i will play seriously because im terrified of upsetting people but i will be upset myself if i dont get to
explode:
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 89, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 46, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 26, Almost50 wrote:I'm too sleepy to actually play, but I confirm being in this game.

I somehow believe IV's claim (to have finally rolled Town). #Q gives me scum vibes.

VOTE: numberQ
why do you believe my claim?
In post 47, innocentvillager wrote:
rvs or did something about my entrance ping you?
i think im still interested in answers to these questions if either of u get around to it
I did answer in

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 90, innocentvillager wrote:a note about flashwagons while it's on my mind, no idea if this is insightful or not, feel free to disagree ofc

im kind of scared about leaving people at L-2 even in this game; i think when someone gets to L-2 there's a huge incentive for scum to just go in and hammer/build up the wagon/hope another townie joins, etc. Like let's say two wagons are developing on X and B and X, Y, Z are the scumteam. If X dies then mafia insta lose but if even in the absolute worst case if Y scumclaims and hammers B then X, Y will get blown up and Z at least still has a fighting chance. Like even if associatives get really really bad scum will do anything to make sure the wagon goes to someone else because horrible associatives > instaloss is my point. So as town our job is to not let these sort of situations get even close to happening by making sure wagons don't go to like 5 votes easily without strong reasoning/deadline scramble.

as far as an overall game strat take

i kind of just like the idea of drawing out/playing the Day 1 phase as opposed to keeping it contentless and purely memey (no offense to the memers y'all great too). I just remember as scum being really scared that town would elongate Day 1 and try to scumhunt, etc., while we were all in limbo of just not knowing if town would converge on one of us on D1, which is why we went for the meme-flashwagon strategy. Obviously at this point it doesn't look like scum is going to take that approach and that this game already looks different, etc., etc. but i think it may be helpful to keep in mind that scum are under a lot more pressure than us on D1 which is an advantage we lose the moment we end this phase - scum have a lot more to lose than us.

this is all maybe kind of obvious but for me at least worth keeping and mind and verbalizing
And you ask why I TR this?? COME ON!

Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:22 am

Post by Clemency »

idc what anyone reads me as i just want you to know that i will be your bomb d2 if i live till then
think of me as an elim and vote
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

I will grant you your wish provided you promise not to decide the target on your own. I think we should collectively decide who will target whom (basically making the scummiest players eliminate each other). Unless -of course- there are
good
scum that can appear Town all the time.

Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Clemency »

yeah im giving away the autonomy of my explode and turning it into an orthodox vote process
right now it doesnt mean much but what i'm thinking is if i continue with the same idea d2 it'll locktown me because scum would not and should not ever do this
obviously dont take it into consideration yet because day 1 i can say that just to prevent dying as scum and losing the game
correct me if my logic is wrong
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Clemency »

i came up with most of this logic just now and i posted it too early (d1), so i'm sorry about that part, but just to elaborate;
the idea is that making this post and committing to it day2 onwards makes me fully locktown, literally IC
if i'm town and i do it, all goes as planned
if im scum and i do it, it would be stupid because i'd never wanna go 1 for 1
if im scum and i back out, i get exploded on instantly
if im town and i back out, im an idiot and should be banned for gamethrowing
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Clemency »

if you see a flaw in my logic i want you to tell me immediately so i can cry about embarassing myself by being too energetic
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Clemency »

im sorry i got really excited
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 108, Clemency wrote:yeah im giving away the autonomy of my explode and turning it into an orthodox vote process
right now it doesnt mean much but what i'm thinking is if i continue with the same idea d2 it'll locktown me because scum would not and should not ever do this
obviously dont take it into consideration yet because day 1 i can say that just to prevent dying as scum and losing the game
Mate, Scum won't explode against Townies. You're either GOOD Town who will keep your word, BAD Town who will still explode in whomever you want, or SCUM who won't explode willingly at all.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:36 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 111, Clemency wrote:im sorry i got really excited
I'd suggest you stop watching Playboy & Penthouse channels, but I doubt you'd listen. :lol:

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:37 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 100, charlemagne wrote:i'd argue that the meme flashwagon strategy in the last game was largely perpetuated by the town for funsies, because this IS something of a meme game
this is just incorrect because the 3/4 of the first votes on the flashwagon (post 6,7,14) in that game were literally planned scum votes

I remember you hammered eventually saying a random flashwagon was more likely to hit scum than trying D1, but the point is, it literally wasn’t random, it was just our scum strategy to vibe the game into lol flashwagoning a confirmed town
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:45 am

In post 100, charlemagne wrote:i am uncomfortable with precommitting to be careful putting people on l-2/l-1, because i think that the point of quick wagons for pressure is that they actually have teeth. every vote can and should be able to lead to an elimination, and i think that that pressure is the biggest way we discern town from scum in any +rand way this day phase.

scum is gonna take the chances that come their way but outing a large part of the scumteam to eliminate townie x is probably a bad idea from their perspective when town is already more likely to be elimed.
I get where you’re coming from in the first part I think. You’re saying it’s only pressure if it’s actually real pressure I think. So to me it’s just going to be a tradeoff that in mafia normally we can basically ignore the quickhammer side because scum don’t want to 1 for 1 like almost ever but now that it is very possible we should be a little bit more cautious than normal. So I don’t want to just do business as normal. I would personally advocate “spiritual votes” when someone is at 4 or 5 votes max and no E1s allowed until we come to a consensus that we are okay ending the day. I still think there’s a crazy amount of pressure on scum this way, and we don’t have to risk the lolquickhammer to end the day.

Your second part I agree theyre probably not going to go crazy like sacrifice two members completely (my example maybe have been a bit extreme) but I still think if we run townie X up to E1 just so our wagon has “teeth” a lot of times maybe a scumread scum is going to hammer them/at least they have the option to because the townie starts townspewing. That way they have one member who looks kinda scummy and two people who are still completely undercover and that’s the only price they pay for avoiding ínstaloss on D1
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:45 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 112, Almost50 wrote:
In post 108, Clemency wrote:yeah im giving away the autonomy of my explode and turning it into an orthodox vote process
Mate, Scum won't explode against Townies. You're either GOOD Town who will keep your word, BAD Town who will still explode in whomever you want, or SCUM who won't explode willingly at all.
but that's the thing right? i have no motivation to go back on my word as town
and if i refuse to explode i'll immediately be exploded on
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Clemency »

i'd become a living elim and the "night kill" of the nightless game
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Clemency »

anyways my melatonin's kicking in and there's still 12 days to try and sus out a scum on day 1
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:50 am

Post by T3 »

In post 79, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:i was completely unaware pavowski had posted and i suddenly have much better feelings for t3

UNVOTE: t3
VOTE: cows
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:50 am

Post by T3 »

In post 98, charlemagne wrote:
In post 79, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:i was completely unaware pavowski had posted and i suddenly have much better feelings for t3

UNVOTE: t3
VOTE: cow

serious vote, not a single post in this game has pinged me more than cow's entire iso, this post especially is +scum
In post 99, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: cooooows
MINDS
MELD
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:51 am

you want us to accept that you are functionally an IC for proposing this strategy and still decide to blow you up? how does that work, exactly, I’m confused

we either accept that you are too crazy to propose this as scum

Or we are paranoid that you could suggest this for towncred and treat you as IC, so we accept your plan and follow it through to the end anyway
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:52 am

t3 why did you mindmeld with that post - what about cows post is scummy?
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Clemency »

well no the idea is there is absolutely 0 motivation for me to not go through with it if im town
and if im scum and dont commit you have 100% reason to blow me up right then and there
i just find super fascinating the idea that this setup might make for a post that scum would literally never make y'feel
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Clemency is proposing to be directed by the majority to explode unto someone. He wants to use his explode.

Return to “Completed Open Games”