Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by Simenon »

Replacement is in the works...

You know, when mods add your to their lists, they expect you to actually bother to play the game.

Vote Count

Avinyl (2)- Mach-Mafia, charter
afatchic (2)- Jdodge, Vi
Vi (1)- Moospiker
No Vote- Avinyl, afatchic,
SEND THE VECTOIDS
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by afatchic »

Vi really don't see how you can use that as a vase against me since for the better part of the game it has been me, charter, and moo the only ones participating. The case was already up about moo, i haven't really seen much wrong with charters play, which is why i haven't put many cases together. if you want to vote me at least make a decent reason i might can defend against.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Vi »

One could still say there's a tremendous fluff/stuff imbalance in your posts, but if you want to disregard that, try this.

You're
still
not scumhunting even now, and as you can see there is a larger and different cast of players to look at as of the last few pages. Not only are you not voting for anyone, it doesn't look like you're trying to find anyone to affix that vote to. You defend yourself when necessary, you agree with other people or make small talk about theory otherwise, and that's about it.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by afatchic »

like i already said i haven't been doing much now due to school. if you wanna think thats a lie you are welcome to look in all my other games and see that i am falling behind int hem as well.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:26 am

Post by Vi »

afatchic wrote:like i already said i haven't been doing much now due to school. if you wanna think thats a lie you are welcome to look in all my other games and see that i am falling behind int hem as well.
Your schoolwork hasn't stopped you from posting at all. I'd rather you post less frequently if it means you start investigating people.

Where is everyone else?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:13 am

Post by charter »

Vi wrote:Where is everyone else?
Waiting for avinyl to get lynched.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Simenon »

eldarad replaces Avinyl
SEND THE VECTOIDS
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:44 am

Post by eldarad »

Not impressed with KR's early postings. Some comments made me shake my head sadly.
Moo's claim or die post in #61 is surprising. I wonder whether he plays mafia elsewhere?
afatchic's posts 25 and 41 do appear to just be generic comments on game theory with nothing that is specific to this *actual* game.
Post 66 is also a general commentary on game theory.
KR, post 67 wrote:I explained that I was ready to unvote if a bandwagon should form, indicating that I was pressure voting, not lynch voting.
It is not apparent to me how a vote is effective pressure if you state upfront that the vote is not intended to lynch.
I anticipated post 70 coming, like, a page ago.
Ooh. Post 71 is interesting too.
afatchic, post 82 wrote:im still unsure about him but in the opposite way, his remarks just sound like an agrevated newb scum to me.
afatchic, post 86 wrote:charter i agree, i don't like it when people use the excuse that im new and im just now learning. while it may be true, its a terrible excuse because it can't be proven or countered. my suspicion is def. on moospiker, and if his play doesn't start acting more like a townie to me then i may very well put him at L-1.
afatchic, how do you reconcile these two statements?
afatchic, post 92 wrote:the difference is that i was at a newbie game, where i should be if i am going to play the newb card, you are at a mini game and being a "mafia scum" i have a hard time believing the newbie card.
So, you're saying that the newbie card is a valid defence in newbie games? I bet if we asked every IC on this site, 100% would disagree with you.

Post 114 is another generic commentary on game theory by afatchic
mod wrote:Vi replaces KrisReizer
Oh, that's really annoying...

Moo claims cop.
MM replaces in.
charter, if you don't buy the cop claim, why unvote?
Moo, post 166 wrote:Erm... is this me, or does afatchic say the same thing, just in different wording.
But he tries to make it sound as if it's not an agreement
, as if he's trying to come across townish by adding fake stuff to the discussion.
I thought exactly the same thing. His words very closely echoed JD's which I found odd.
afatchic wrote:i was answering a question, while giving my own opinions. if everyone seems to think this, maybe its the truth. have you ever thought about that?
You were answering a question, using someone else's words as your own.
Given that you have given very few opinions on *this actual game* - the fact that you have used someone elses opinion to validate your own ("I think you're scum. Look, JD thinks so too!") does not impress me.
charter wrote:I also figured out a pretty damn good reason to not believe Moo's claim, Anyone think it's odd that he asks for a claim when he himself claims to be a powerrole? What was he hoping to hear? Oh, I'm the doc? Not protown in the least to out the doc. Possible there's a slim chance it's a second cop, but like I said, very slim.
My gut reaction was that Moo plays mafia elsewhere and he was following whatever the meta there is. A second plausible reason would be that he wanted to catch the scum out in a fake-claim.
I would like Moo to comment further on this.
MM wrote:On the other hand, my top suspicion is still Avinyl. Mod: is Avinyl getting replaced?
Yes, Avinyl has been replaced. Are you still suspicious? How is Avinyl's absence a scumtell now that I have replaced him?
charter wrote:Waiting for avinyl to get lynched.
I hope you have a good explanation for this.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:45 am

Post by eldarad »

Also, hi everyone. I'm replacing Avinyl.

Kinda forgot that bit...
Moospiker
Moospiker
Goon
Moospiker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Moospiker »

eldarad wrote:Moo's claim or die post in #61 is surprising. I wonder whether he plays mafia elsewhere?
In my first newbie game, there was a lynch on page 3. I was incidently away then, and had nothing to do with it. The reasoning behind it was 'you confirmed late'. It just never occured to me that when someone is at L-1 they should not claim, however early into the game it is.
Click.

Please, no double capitals.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:45 am

Post by eldarad »

So you've never played mafia elsewhere?
Moospiker
Moospiker
Goon
Moospiker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Moospiker »

Yes, in real life.
Click.

Please, no double capitals.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by Vi »

charter 205 wrote:
[Where is everyone else?]
Waiting for avinyl to get lynched.
You're not "everyone else" :P
Even so, you have no comment on my line of thought vs. afatchic?
eldarad 207 wrote:Not impressed with KR's early postings. Some comments made me shake my head sadly.
(I know the feeling.)
eldarad 207 wrote:How is Avinyl's absence a scumtell now that I have replaced him?
I really, really don't like this. M-M never said that Avinyl's absence was a scumtell.
Meanwhile, why not turn the general question around - What is your opinion on me, since I replaced KrisReizer?
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by afatchic »

Elerad can you please tell me your thoughts to the answer to that question, cuz i really don't see another answer legit answer to that question.

and no i don't mean that the newbie card is a good defense in a newbie game, however its better used in a newbie game that here. by the time you play a mini you shouldn't have to be using that defense. i used it in a newbie game, but im still getting lynched, and i agree with the lynch, its the best move possible. so its never a good defense, but better served in a newbie game.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by eldarad »

afatchic wrote:Elerad can you please tell me your thoughts to the answer to that question, cuz i really don't see another answer legit answer to that question.
I certainly will, although that will involve another discussion on game theory. Perhaps you would like to address the points I made relating to this specific game?

In a newbie game, everyone is new so the newbie card is useless - it's already a given. That's why you're in a newbie game...
Whereas there are no requirements to join a mini normal so people with absolutely no mafia experience can and do play. Even someone who has played a newbie game will notice a big difference in the level of play. I have more sympathy for someone playing the newbie card in one of the first minis than in a newbie game...although I still don't rate it as a defence.
Vi wrote:I really, really don't like this. M-M never said that Avinyl's absence was a scumtell.
Meanwhile, why not turn the general question around - What is your opinion on me, since I replaced KrisReizer?
I would like MM to answer please. I note your desire to answer on his behalf.
It's not a general question though (
"what do you think about replacements in general?"
) - it's specific (
"what makes Avinyl scummy, given that his absence is caused by flaking rather than lurking?"
)
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:46 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

eldarad wrote:Yes, Avinyl has been replaced. Are you still suspicious? How is Avinyl's absence a scumtell now that I have replaced him?
I've illustrated my reasons for suspicions of avinyl in my first post after replacing, which have been reiterated by others as well. I never considered the absense a scumtell, but rather something that is not helping him bring down my level of suspicion of him. That was why I reiterated that Avinyl was my top suspect.

@afatchic: I count 5 posts since you used "school is rough" excuse. Don't you think you could have used the time for that 5 posts on the reread you promised?
The end justifies the means.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:49 am

Post by Vi »

eldarad wrote:I would like MM to answer please. I note your desire to answer on his behalf.
I note your desire to misrepresent people's positions and ignore my question ;)
Meanwhile, why not turn the general
spirit of the
question around - What is your opinion on me, since I replaced KrisReizer?
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:20 am

Post by eldarad »

Vi wrote:I note your desire to misrepresent people's positions and ignore my question
How did I misrepresent you? I asked MM a question and you answered it for him. Or do you deny this? And, in addition, you attempted to immediately change the subject before the original question had even been answered by MM.
Can you explain why you did that?
MM wrote:I've illustrated my reasons for suspicions of avinyl in my first post after replacing, which have been reiterated by others as well. I never considered the absense a scumtell, but rather something that is not helping him bring down my level of suspicion of him. That was why I reiterated that Avinyl was my top suspect.
My understanding - and it isn't just MM who articulated this - is that Avinyl's failure to respond to questions (although I don't actually see many questions unanswered - at least partly because he hasn't been posting recently so there is nothing for people to ask about) is making him look scummy.
Perhaps charter or Vi would like to comment more on that point.
eldarad wrote:
afatchic, post 82 wrote:im still unsure about him but in the opposite way, his remarks just sound like an agrevated newb scum to me.
afatchic, post 86 wrote:charter i agree, i don't like it when people use the excuse that im new and im just now learning. while it may be true, its a terrible excuse because it can't be proven or countered. my suspicion is def. on moospiker, and if his play doesn't start acting more like a townie to me then i may very well put him at L-1.
afatchic, how do you reconcile these two statements?
afatchic, I would like an answer please.

~~~
KR didn't really strike me as scummy, but as a newbie with a lot of preconceived ideas. Like, logic is the only way to find scum, and an argument that lynches a townie must be flawed in some way.
I have sympathy with JDodge during the KR-JD exchange.

Vi:
I'm surprised you had a positive read on afatchic initially. What made you mildly positive about him?
Your response to Moo's claim is a bit odd.
Vi wrote:Thus, I don't know what to do with Avinyl - he could show up and explain himself, and that would take care of a lot of the suspicion in my eyes.
Does this still hold true for you now?

I agree with your comments about afatchic. I'm not entirely convinced that there is as strong a afatchic-charter link as you suggest, but it is interesting that charter has tried pretty hard to lynch Avynil and has done very little in the way of scrutinising afatchic.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:51 am

Post by charter »

eld wrote:charter, if you don't buy the cop claim, why unvote?
Not interested in lynching a claimed cop day one. This is the fourth time I've said that I believe.
eldarad wrote:
charter wrote:I also figured out a pretty damn good reason to not believe Moo's claim, Anyone think it's odd that he asks for a claim when he himself claims to be a powerrole? What was he hoping to hear? Oh, I'm the doc? Not protown in the least to out the doc. Possible there's a slim chance it's a second cop, but like I said, very slim.
My gut reaction was that Moo plays mafia elsewhere and he was following whatever the meta there is. A second plausible reason would be that he wanted to catch the scum out in a fake-claim.
I would like Moo to comment further on this.
You think scum would counterclaim someone they know isn't scum and is claiming cop?
eldarad wrote:
charter wrote:Waiting for avinyl to get lynched.
I hope you have a good explanation for this.
Post 162. Your opening post didn't help your case either.
Vi wrote:Even so, you have no comment on my line of thought vs. afatchic?
Still haven't read it yet, will shortly though.

Still think avinyl/eldarad is scum.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Vi »

eldarad 217 wrote:How did I misrepresent you? I asked MM a question and you answered it for him. Or do you deny this? And, in addition, you attempted to immediately change the subject before the original question had even been answered by MM.
Can you explain why you did that?
I did not answer the question. You asked how Avinyl's absence was a scumtell. I noted that M-M never said that in the first place; and if I have to explain technically where the logical flaw is, that means you strawmanned M-M quite blatantly. Way to go!

I also don't understand how you dismissed my rather innocuous question - "what do you think of me, since I replaced the person you hated in your read" - as trying to "change the subject" as if it was impossible for M-M to respond to the question you posed to him.
eldarad 217 wrote:My understanding - and it isn't just MM who articulated this - is that Avinyl's failure to respond to questions (although I don't actually see many questions unanswered - at least partly because he hasn't been posting recently so there is nothing for people to ask about) is making him look scummy.
Avinyl's failure to respond to questions was not the ONLY thing making him look scummy. If you think that was the only reason Avinyl is under suspicion, you are mistaken.
eldarad 217 wrote:I'm surprised you had a positive read on afatchic initially. What made you mildly positive about him?
I didn't see anything obviously scummy in his posts. When I started seeing afatchic in action, I noticed why - there was nothing to see.
eldarad 217 wrote:Does this still hold true for you now?
Right now, the point is moot. You're not leaving many positive impressions in my book as his replacement, to be sure.
charter 218 wrote:Still think avinyl/eldarad is scum.
I'm leaning this way as well, but--
eldarad 217 wrote:I'm not entirely convinced that there is as strong a afatchic-charter link as you suggest, but it is interesting that charter has tried pretty hard to lynch Avynil and has done very little in the way of scrutinising afatchic.
--this is a good point when met with--
charter 218 wrote:Still haven't read it
[the talk against afatchic]
yet, will shortly though.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by charter »

Vi, sorry, I kept forgetting to reread. I don't think there's a whole lot to your afatchic following me theory, though I'm obviously biased.

Your first one, my post 111, I saw his actions as bad because he did not immediately do it. I don't think that it was me specifically he was waiting for, but just someone's opinion. I just happened to be the first one to do so.

I don't really think 123 is a solid one either. I just don't see any motive behind him as scum doing that. No town motive either.

136 is the one I think has merit. I don't think the bad part of this post is so much 'following' me as it is him voting Moospiker for absolutely no reason (other than to spice up the game and my declaration of him being scum)

141 I think is also bad for him. If he actually feels the same was as I do, I think he would have posted it himself rather than just piggy backing on me.

As a whole, I don't think there's really an 'afatchic is following charter' case, I'd say it's more of an 'afatchic is following everyone' case. However, you did have good points, and while I'd prefer an avinyl lynch, I wouldn't be opposed to an afatchic one.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:43 am

elderad wrote:My understanding - and it isn't just MM who articulated this - is that Avinyl's failure to respond to questions (although I don't actually see many questions unanswered - at least partly because he hasn't been posting recently so there is nothing for people to ask about) is making him look scummy.
I illustrated things that make Avynil look scummy below:
MM wrote:Avynil – Lurker-hunting in Post 69 when he isn’t that active himself. Quickly spread suspicion on 3 players (KR/Vi, afatchic, JD) seemingly trying to find what sticks. Did some flip flopping(Posts 81,100,120) on KR/Vi. Most scumtells out of everyone so far.
Currently like elderad and JDodge as the scumpair.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:14 am

Post by charter »

Why JDodge?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Vi »

charter wrote:As a whole, I don't think there's really an 'afatchic is following charter' case, I'd say it's more of an 'afatchic is following everyone' case.
I agree; that fits the data better.

Mod: What is the prod status on JDodge?
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:19 am

charter wrote:Why JDodge?
Combination of things I have said before:
MM wrote:only worrisome thing is generally brash statements at ends of a couple long posts.
MM wrote:JDodge is being bumped up on my list because he recently made another rather rash statement about afatchic (Post 155), and then misrepresented afatchic (Post 160) while totally avoiding afatchic's question of "how i am obv. scum?" (Post 157).
and the fact that I have more positive read on you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”