Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

farside22 wrote:Funny you didn't fight or really push on these 3 till Imagine's plan happened.
I was really
really
sure about Azimuth, and I don't just keep rolling, I had to reconsider my ideas, or is that not OK?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
farside22 wrote:Funny you didn't fight or really push on these 3 till Imagine's plan happened.
I was really
really
sure about Azimuth, and I don't just keep rolling, I had to reconsider my ideas, or is that not OK?
I don't like the fact you bring up only the 3 of them after Imagine brings a plan into this. Also why is it wrong for the town to use their PR's to find scum. If you are town you win. If your scum you have a reason to panic.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by imaginality »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Well PF, I'm sure that, at this point, the town is going to lynch one of Muerrto and I, and I don't think Muerrto is scum, so I will not vote for him. If that's not the case, tell me.
Whether or not you're fairly sure that Muerrto is town doesn't matter - since you're 100% sure that
you
are town. If you are. So voting yourself is illogical.

The only way self-voting makes sense is if you do want us to go ahead with my plan and don't think we'll reach a lynch of you or Muerrto before deadline unless you vote for yourself.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

farside22 wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
I was really
really
I don't like the fact you bring up only the 3 of them after Imagine brings a plan into this. Also why is it wrong for the town to use their PR's to find scum. If you are town you win. If your scum you have a reason to panic.
Sigh, why are you whining, I'm voting myself, I don't see what you stand to gain by saying I'm panicking, except maybe try to hurry up the process.
imaginality wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:Well PF, I'm sure that, at this point, the town is going to lynch one of Muerrto and I, and I don't think Muerrto is scum, so I will not vote for him. If that's not the case, tell me.
Whether or not you're fairly sure that Muerrto is town doesn't matter - since you're 100% sure that
you
are town. If you are. So voting yourself is illogical.

The only way self-voting makes sense is if you do want us to go ahead with my plan and don't think we'll reach a lynch of you or Muerrto before deadline unless you vote for yourself.
As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather be lynched, than lynch someone I think is town. That's how
I
play, how about you?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by imaginality »

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather be lynched, than lynch someone I think is town.
You'd rather lynch someone you know is town (you) than someone you think is town?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

imaginality wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather be lynched, than lynch someone I think is town.
You'd rather lynch someone you know is town (you) than someone you think is town?
Yes. I don't like lynching people I don't think are scum, I'd rather I die.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well picking between Gurgi and Muerto is rough. These are shaft.ed deadlines lynch rules so it almost doesn't matter at this point.
shaft.ed wrote:
General Game Rules:

The Rules (borrowed from vollkan, JordanA24, Wizardcat & Stoofer with some alterations):
15: If a majority is not reached by deadline, the person with the highest number of votes
as long as it is more than one
will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the first person to reach that number of votes will be lynched. The person who would be lynched if deadline were to reach with no changes will be indicated in votecounts with
red font
I do this now to symbolize I have doubts about Muerto being the tobacconist. Some of you out there might think I'm just sore. Some of you might think I'm being too careful about a door I left open. But truth is if he is lieing he can be scum since I still have some doubts. Elvis could only win if she killed Farside? Part of that must have a been a lie since if we lynched Farside or she was killed by scum would Elvis auto loose while remain alive and in the game? That don't make sence unless Farside has stuff she ain't saying. And I'm pretty sure she's town and ain't. Me winning and Muerto not, don't add up either. At the very least I would expect something to have happened to him.

Maybe I should blame myself for all this with how I treated my role so openly in this game. That's something I've never done before. But then the golden rule of Mafia is always seek to fufill your win condition or else you ain't really playing. And maybe I should blame myself for asking for a massclaim. But I always do that when necessary. Its a legimatly helpful strategy for either saide, Lord knows how many times I have exploited it as town and as scum. If I can't play like myself what's the point of playing at all.

Maybe I should have just commited to one win condition instead of trying to do them both at the same time. Or done the tobaconist thing first and then just helped the town after. I thought I could do both and it was so much fun. And look where i am now. I don't even know who's scum anymore. Maybe Strappado had a point about me spending to much time on it. Well either way i am just going to keep moving on. You fall down you got to get back up. To give up completly is never an option for someone like me.

Vote: Muerto

K7 sends PokerFace after Muerto
tonight if Gurgi is lynched. Maybe I'll change my mind after that. Don't know if I'll bother sending myself at Muerto or not since it will unlikly make me win or solve anything by itself. But what else is there for me to do really? I guess i'll flip a coin about it tomorrow or something pending on if I get other ideas to be useful or not.

This game was the funest thing on earth. But with this lack luster lynching and perhaps own general failure, I am not sure what I'll end up calling it at the end. I won't blame Shaft.ed or Muerto if he is telling the truth. This game kicks ass and if I can turn things arround for and by myself it will kick more ass. So i'll keep going no matter what. Perhaps I'll end up pulling another Ace out of my sleve before its all over.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Lol never seen someone so hung up on their win condition. When a lyncher watches their target get night killed they don't give up =p
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

Lynchers usually revert to being town after that and Elvis didn't say nothing about that so when I look back and compare me to her and you to what I think of farside it doesn't add up.

Tobaconist, scum, cult or a combination of the above, take your pick. I am not ruling any out at this time since there are enough unanswered questions. Though it looks like some of those things need not apply or the extravegent methods to deal with them. Call me paranoid, over zealous, unorthodox, or even sore if that makes you feel better. Eventually all things will be answered so let's enjoy what becomes a part of the show.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Prod K-7 again.

I have a funny feeling and I'm happy with an LG lynch right now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:37 am

Post by shaft.ed »

sorry to leave you hanging, been a busy day

the colonel wrote: Now, it seems this plaid clad fellow has lost the will to live. Now, that's rather silly isn't it. Allright on the X with you then ten, nine, eight and all that.
Lord Gurgi calmly walks over to the crimson stained X on the floor. You hear the now familiar gears ratcheting in the background. As Gurgi sits on down on the floor he pouts "I just wanted to be a lumberjack."

The weight slams down liquifying and splattering his red plaid shirt across the spectators. You check his pockets for his Union Identification card but all you can find are a novella about rugged gay woodsman frolicking about the forests of British Columbia, and a pamphlet entitled "How to Kill People."

Lord Gurgi -
The Lumberjack,
Serial Killer
has been lynched.

Final Day 5 Vote Count:

Lord Gurgi
(4) imaginality, farside22, strappado, Lord Gurgi

Not Voting: killa seven, The Internet, Muerrto, Pokerface

Get you're night actions to me in a timely manner Night deadline will be Monday afternoon unless I state otherwise in thread.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:01 am

Post by shaft.ed »

You didn't sleep well last night. There was an awful racket coming from the set. It sounded like someone beating the crap out of a toaster oven with a dish rack or something slightly similar. When the colonel calls you out of bed you oblige. Hopefully this day will be as promising as the last. As usual you start out the day with a hunt for corpses. However, this time you only find a pile of machine parts strewn about. There are the remnants of a power cord hanging from the wall socket.
You flip over the warning are surprised to see a Union Identification card. It reads:
The Internet, Machine That Goes Bing-Doctor member of the Character's Union.
Strangely enough, or perhaps not strange at all, The Internet was a machine, important however is the past tense. He has been smashed with a dish rack in the night.

the colonel wrote:Now, the six of you remaining better figure out what's going on here. Now, we've still got a sketch to film. So alright then hurry up ten, nine, eight and all that.
With six alive it takes four to lynch or three to no lynch.

Deadline is 18 days from this post.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I love you all.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:03 am

Post by imaginality »

Knew I was onto something with Gurgi.

Strappado, who did you see visiting The Internet?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

Son of a bitch that was ridiculous. I almost wish shaft.ed's deadline rules were different. No lynch on he with most votes. Because that had been the only thing left that could have made me a part of the gurgi lynch. I knew something was up with his PR on day 3 but I brushed it off because of his overall play. Part of me didn't want to lynch Gurgi back then because he was rather town so perhaps thats why I foolishly dropped it and chose to believe I had just made a mistake. When he later self voted and posted without out intense actions on his suspects I thought something was up. But I brushed that off too because he potentially offered an answer to my constant quandry. It seems I still alot to learn when it comes will to lynch my friends.

Meanwhile I'm feeling pretty good today. Day 5 setting up a plan on peoples night actions and grapling with my own personal desputes felt like I was going to a
Dentist office.
That is pretty close to apropriate especially with what went on last night.
K7 sent me after Muerto and i saw him target the internet.
Strappado you were told to watch the internet I assume you saw Muerto's real role. If he were a tobacconist that lost his powers then he would have gone nowhere. Strappado please post with your info cause it be looking like Tobacconist is his safe claim. there is something going on here! He is "Lemming of the BDA" I swear it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iHO6B33_eA

That video is an odd joke uniquely apropriate for this situation. Bearing what strappado says Let's lynch Muerto. I knew he was full of it and you guys should have believed me earlier on Muerto and I should have believed myself on Gurgi day3.

I also used my own action on Muerto last night I'll translate it in a bit and let you guys know what was said. After Strappado says what she saw I encourage others to join this wagon.

Vote: Muerto
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

ok I translated it.

the mother there is more lax than one five year old's you will

Damn this phrasebook nonsence is confusing
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:49 am

Post by strappado »

the Black Knight visited the Internet
http://strappado.mybrute.com
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:56 am

Post by strappado »

Not interested in quick lynching muerrto - need more time to mull this over. I'm just not sure that it makes sense for the scum to target exactly who we were hoping they'd target. Seems to easy - only way it makes sense to me is if there was no other good choice for a nightkill (which doesn't ring true, I think I'd be a pretty decent choice for a NK, haven't been particularly scummy, etc) OR, if the scum isn't Muerrto and thought they could easily frame him.

Dont want to rush into things, we have time to talk this through, I want to hear from everybody.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

strappado wrote:the Black Knight visited the Internet
Holy crap! I just got an idea.

What did Chenshi fake claim and no one counter claim? He claimed black knight with the power to survive kills.
This is hillarious Chenshi who was scum claimed the role of a real scum buddy of his. He claimed Muerto's real role and that's why muerto really survived kills earlier. That is some bad luck there for muerto.

I don't think there was any framing strap. I never actually seen a role that could frame tracker resultes in play. Muerto as the last scum had only one option and that was to hit the doc and hope someone's action failed. Or at least thats what i think.

Imaginality either use the Tiger on Muerto or everybody get on the wagon! Oh yeah!
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:32 am

Post by imaginality »

I'm reluctant to use the tiger already because I agree with strappado that there's no need to rush, even though everything's pointing at Muerrto being scum. Especially since we have two witnesses not just one.

That black knight theory of yours makes much sense, PF.

Muerrto, want to come clean? We promise to lynch you swiftly and painlessly if you do. That's gotta be better than being mauled to death by a tiger. :D

Vote: Muerrto
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by killa seven »

Waiting to hear from muerrto.. what was his claim again?
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Muerrto »

My claim was and is the tobacconist. I already explained why I wasn't killed.

As for PF, all I can say is

Vote: PF

obviously. I didn't target the Internet. You gunned for me yesterday then with the plan in place you set me up for a mislynch. Nicely done and appears to be working.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by strappado »

Wow...I believe Muerrto. Maybe 'cuz I just dont like pokerface, I think he's cockey and arrogant and either just naturally insincere or a bad actor.
He's been shitty to me and tried to make me look scummy for stupid reasons and when I called him out on it, he backed down and made some of the most insincere apologies. And the "OMG, I just thought of something! <gasp> what did chenhsi claim?!?!?!?" just seems like bad acting and a bad soap opera plot - his response seemed kinda rehearsed. It's possible he's just a naturally insincere person, so I wont discount that.
This was imaginalities plan though, right? If Muerrto is innocent, does that mean that imaginality is scum with PF?

Ugh...

is farside still alive?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Man this is actually kinda funny now. I suppose I have taken quite a few things you have done the wrong way and vice versa Strappado. There was a point where we were at each others throats if such a thing can be said in forum mafia. I guess my old IRC buddies White and Flat Luigi were right about some players naturally have conflicting playstyles. When this game is over I probably will owe you an apoligy. Maybe we'll be able to join another game sometime so that things don't end on a bad note but at any rate let's see if i can convince you that i'm telling the truth and Muerto is scum.

I assume Muerto is really the Black Knight and that Chenshi made the moronic move of claiming a scum buddies role. Chenshi effectivly ruined his own side chance of winning doing that. I hope I'm never scum with him pulling that kinda junk. I admit the idea Muerto is Black Knight is somewhat specualative on what Chenshi may have done but it fits better with Muerto's ability to survive kills. But if that don't convince you let's do some math

1) Strappado you know what you are. You are the Bishop
2) Internet, Imaginality, Elvis, all confirmed my action and that makes me the hungarian tourist.
3) Farside is confirmed as the being the Wedding Party you saw her earlier with Gurgi, and Elvis confirmed her.
4) K7's role was confirmed by internet and myself. Black Knight couldn't be tracker sender. That'd be just as moronic as you being a character watcher and the Black Knight
5) Imaginality's role is fruit trainer, i have confirmed this. And pending who imaginality targeted someone else can confirm him now.
@Imaginality,
who did you target last night?

Since there is only 6 players that leaves only Muerto. So from your point of view Strappado who is the only person unaccounted for who can be the Black Knight? Its Muerto of course. Assuming you truly saw the Black Knight he is the only person that can be that role.

@Strappado,
you saw only one role, the Black Knight correct?

Now you are worrying about Imaginality and myself being scum. I just about laughed my socks off to that one. Well imaginality supposedly has a day kill. I ain't run the numbers but supposing Muerto can't survive those kind of kills too, imaginality can kill Muerto. And if Muerto don't flip scum then that would mean only one thing. That would mean I am a lying no good piece of scum and should be lynched in a heart beat.

Me lying at this moment would effectivly make me gain nothing. you could lynch me and any fabled partners you think I may have the very next day. I effectivly have nothing to gain trying to get Muerto lynched right now because I would be gauranteeing my own loss if I was lying. I would be virtually shooting myself in my own foot. Me lying right now would be absolutly foolish. I say we lynch and or have muerto daykilled and end this game.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by imaginality »

I trained Muerrto to defend himself against kiwifruit-brandishing villains. (Muerrto, care to confirm this?)

It's pretty simple now, Muerrto is saying he didn't visit The Internet, PokerFace is saying he did. We lynch Muerrto and if he comes up town then PokerFace is lying scum. Very unlikely - PF's analysis just above pretty much sums it up for me too - but hey, we still win either way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”