Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:15 am

Post by SocioPath »

ooba wrote:
ooba wrote:
SocioPath wrote:As opposed to providing anything real and useful?
You accused me of being indecisive. So don't you consider my replies to those accusations as real and useful?

No, I don't. Why? Because you haven't really replied.

You just keep beating around the bush.

Your tactic of asking questions, and then asking the same questions stated later in different ways, and then later quoting earlier questions, is just a simple tactic of trying to keep the pressure off of yourself and onto the other person.

It is just a ploy to look like you are contributing, when in reality your responces have been thin and clouded by you questioning everything else...other than the 'example' you gave for why you weren't indecisive.

In fact, in my eyes, that has become the scummiest thing about you now.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:29 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day One Vote Count #8

6 charter (Yaw, forbiddanlight, Caboose, ooba, MafiaSSK, Electra)
4 ooba (wolframnhart, SocioPath, charter, Seraphim)
2 Natirasha (Natirasha, SensFan)
1 Yaw (RandomGem)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to No-Lynch. Deadline October 22, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 1 – ShadowGirl
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Caboose »

Natirasha wrote:Did I ever say "There's no urgency to post". This game is boring. I don't pay as much attention to boring games.
That post pisses me off.
I also find it interesting that the charter bandwagon lost steam very quickly - while I'd like MafiaSSK to be more specific, I think there's some value to whatever meta he's seen. I also think that charter's posts, especially the one of being sure that SensFan is town, is scummy.
I, too, would like to see MafiaSSK be more specific in his meta.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Yaw »

Caboose wrote:
Natirasha wrote:Did I ever say "There's no urgency to post". This game is boring. I don't pay as much attention to boring games.

That post pisses me off.
Join the club. If we agree on nothing else for a lynch today, I'm not averse to putting Natirasha out of his misery. Gets rid of a lurker, and I don't like that he's so blatant about not being willing to live up to the basic commitment of contributing to the games he's signed up for.

(And really, boring? Natirasha, you haven't in any way tried to make things more interesting for yourself. It's one thing to not be able to do it alone. It's quite another not to even make the attempt, and then blame everyone else. You're doing the latter.)
Success breeds suspicion
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by ooba »

SocioPath wrote:
ooba wrote:You accused me of being indecisive. So don't you consider my replies to those accusations as real and useful?
No, I don't. Why? Because you haven't really replied.

You just keep beating around the bush.
You made Post 175
I replied in Post 176
If you really thought I had not replied, you would have mentioned the fact when you posted the next time in post 196
FoS: SocioPath

SocioPath wrote:Your tactic of asking questions, and then asking the same questions stated later in different ways, and then later quoting earlier questions, is just a simple tactic of trying to keep the pressure off of yourself and onto the other person.
Just remember that
a) Asking questions is a playstyle - nothing inherently scummy in that
b) If you do not answer the questions I asked the first time, I will quote them again
SocioPath wrote:It is just a ploy to look like you are contributing, when in reality your responces have been thin and clouded by you questioning everything else...other than the 'example' you gave for why you weren't indecisive.

In fact, in my eyes, that has become the scummiest thing about you now.
If there's something particularly scummy or something which i think needs questioning, then i will question it. For example, If I think an attack on me is vague, then I will get clarifications. If you think clarifications are my way of pushing the limelight away from me and that makes me scum - you really have to rethink your simplistic approach to the game.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

ooba's posts have been not anti-town to me, in fact he has defended himself very well and for now i am going to
unvote ooba

I am still not sold on the charter wagon right now, in fact I am not really liking Electra's vote on charter.
Electra wrote:Okay, I promise to post more from now on, if I can remember this forum.

But anyway, I don't find ooba suspicious right now, as he started the game by saying that he didn't want to random vote, which I don't think scum would have done. It's too unnecessary when scum can just vote and blend in.

I also find it interesting that the charter bandwagon lost steam very quickly - while I'd like MafiaSSK to be more specific, I think there's some value to whatever meta he's seen. I also think that charter's posts, especially the one of being sure that SensFan is town, is scummy.

So
unvote, vote: charter
For her third post of the game (one which she apparently can't even remember) she jumps onto the biggest wagon, and with little reasoning. She says "some value to
whatever
meta he's (mafiassk) seen." Whatever meta doesn't sound to me like she has read it, understood it, and completely agrees with it. This seems more like a "Oh crap i am active lurking/not paying attention. Um Um let's see... charter has alot of votes on him, i'll just go with that."

FoS Electra
until I get better clarification of her post.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Electra »

wolframnhart wrote:ooba's posts have been not anti-town to me, in fact he has defended himself very well and for now i am going to
unvote ooba

I am still not sold on the charter wagon right now, in fact I am not really liking Electra's vote on charter.
Electra wrote:Okay, I promise to post more from now on, if I can remember this forum.

But anyway, I don't find ooba suspicious right now, as he started the game by saying that he didn't want to random vote, which I don't think scum would have done. It's too unnecessary when scum can just vote and blend in.

So
unvote, vote: charter
For her third post of the game (one which she apparently can't even remember) she jumps onto the biggest wagon, and with little reasoning. She says "some value to
whatever
meta he's (mafiassk) seen." Whatever meta doesn't sound to me like she has read it, understood it, and completely agrees with it. This seems more like a "Oh crap i am active lurking/not paying attention. Um Um let's see... charter has alot of votes on him, i'll just go with that."

FoS Electra
until I get better clarification of her post.
I don't really get your complaint, I reread the thread and found charter to be most suspicious currently. So did other people, apparently, that's why he has a bandwagon on him. Also, ooba has a lot of votes on him as well, and I specifically said that I didn't find him suspicious.

In terms of the meta statement, I think that there is some value to meta, and I would like him to be more specific, but it's not the main justification behind my vote. The point is that because I think there's some value to it, SSK should elaborate on it.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:50 am

Post by wolframnhart »

It's not so much a complaint. You barely even remember this thread is here, and on your third post you went on the biggest bandwagon, and before that you didn't really do anything but comment on how you couldn't remember about this game. And it doesn't even sound like you read anything about Mafiassk's meta he has against charter because you said "whatever meta." Yet some how you saw enough of the "meta" to say it is a good enough case against charter to vote him, when you are also saying you want clarification on the meta, it just doesn't make sense to me.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Posty lot, aren't ye *sarcasm*. If I were here, we'd totally be on page 15 by now. But, we have some content. I think that the supposed attack on Nat for "no urgency to post" is bull. I haven't seen anything from charter trying to defend himself, which is odd. Did I miss a post or something? ooba has been fairly townie as wolf said. My brain is still fried and I reserve the right to change my mind. Tomorrow I'll have a more solid read. (10 hours of sleep since Thursday)
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Caboose »

FL wrote:I think that the supposed attack on Nat for "no urgency to post" is bull.
I didn't say that I think Nat was scummy for saying that, I just said that it pissed me off.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:50 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I didn't say that I think Nat was scummy for saying that, I just said that it pissed me off.
Interesting defensiveness.

Especially since I meant the original attack, not your attack. Someone used that term first.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Caboose »

FL wrote:Especially since I meant the original attack, not your attack. Someone used that term first.
That wasn't clear from your first post.
FL wrote:Interesting defensiveness.
Of course I'm going to defend what I said earlier when you called it "bull". Why is that being defensive?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Because you weren't called into question, that's all. It's interesting to note, I thought. I'm not starting a crusade based on it, since I can understand the misunderstanding. I just thought it was clear.
-StrangerCoug

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:01 am

Post by charter »

forbiddanlight wrote:I haven't seen anything from charter trying to defend himself, which is odd. Did I miss a post or something?
post 130

Electra, answer my questions.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Seraphim »

Unvote

As I look on, the case for ooba gets weaker. And weaker. And weaker. I can see some benefit to continuing on with it, but way less than I previously thought. I really still want to hear more of that meta before voting for Charter. *kicks MafiaSSK* Get moving!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

post 130
Oh your deflection. Yeah, no.

Vote stands.
-StrangerCoug

Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Yaw »

forbiddanlight wrote:I think that the supposed attack on Nat for "no urgency to post" is bull.
I meant this less as an attack, and more as motivation to try to get Natirasha to actually post content. Right now I'm more in the Caboose camp of just being really pissed off at Natirasha's behaviour. I don't think it's necessarily indicative of scum. I
do
think it's indicative of someone who is wasting a spot that would be better used by someone who intends to play the games they sign up for.
Success breeds suspicion
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:40 am

Post by charter »

forbiddanlight wrote:

post 130
Oh your deflection. Yeah, no.

Vote stands.
Did you read my post? I'll go ahead and quote for you my defense.
charter wrote:The reason why I think Sens is town is the way he's arguing about completely pointless things (in my opinion) which he did against scum in another game I was in with him.
That's the reason I said what I said. I don't understand what else anyone is looking for.

If you mean why I haven't defended against MafiaSSK's 'case', what is there to defend? He has an airtight case of how I played as town in two games. I play differently in all my games.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:41 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Then make it interesting by participating, or replace out. :/

Been semi-busy this thanksgiving weekend. I'll look back a few pages to see why charter is at L-2. All I can remember is him saying Sens is most likely pro-town? But isn't that almost the same as SSK saying that charter is scum due to meta?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:49 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Actually, your defense is fine. It's that lovely part where you randomly throw the ball to ooba with minimal explanation. And that's now why I'm voting you.
-StrangerCoug

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:10 am

Post by charter »

How did I "randomly" do anything? I haven't done anything random this game. I said I voted ooba for wagon hopping. It lets him use whatever reason for voting he pleases after he sees people's reactions to his vote. Sociopath had a good post in 171 showing this. I don't think it's protown to do this.

Since my vote he hasn't done much to lift suspicion. I think SocioPath's orginal questioning of ooba was really good, and ooba weaseled his way out of it when SP got confused by ooba's hypethetical and by some poor wording by SP.
Seraphim wrote:
Unvote

As I look on, the case for ooba gets weaker. And weaker. And weaker. I can see some benefit to continuing on with it, but way less than I previously thought. I really still want to hear more of that meta before voting for Charter. *kicks MafiaSSK* Get moving!
Already decided you're going to vote for me, so why do you need to wait for SSK?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Seraphim »

Actually, I haven't decided if I'm going to vote for you yet. The case for you is rather weak, but unfortunately it's the best case we have at this point. Also, if I were to vote you, that would put you at L-1, meaning that anyone could hammer you.

The case against you is the strongest we have, but it's still not enough for a lynch. Therefore, I want to see MafiaSSK's supposed meta before even considering voting for you.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Really not liking how MafiaSSK basically brought up the meta thing against charter, then all his posts have been one liners (mostly) just saying things like "he played more agressive" "This game is the one" etc. then he has not really said a word.

RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:29 am

Post by RandomGem »

Holy ****, I missed out on a bunch... Must attempt to read...
This is a sig. It has nothing funny or witty in it.
RandomGem
RandomGem
Goon
RandomGem
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:36 am

Post by RandomGem »

Shoot, have to go... I'll try to post again in about an hour.
This is a sig. It has nothing funny or witty in it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”