Open 828 | The Brethren Coalition | Game Over!

Hakai
Hakai
Townie
Hakai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Hakai »

In post 449, Nathann wrote:
In post 427, Pavowski wrote:
In post 406, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:If Pavowski and Cyrus can agree on a 5 that does not include Nathann I'll sheep it
I've been noodling on this all day, and I just don't think scum goes so hard against a single slot, especially one that's, if not being scum read, has had a hard time getting traction in the coalition.

I'm not saying Kyo is right, I just don't see why scum would tunnel like that here.
Isn't this an older Scum tactic? Tunnel a single Town slot to appear busy, save yourself from actually having to do fake analysis of other people and whatnot. If she is Scum here, I'd guess that means her partner is already on their way to be in the Coalition, and she's setting up a later Day plan to get me yeeted after we find her partner in the Coalition... But that's too far into speculation.

Pavowski, do you need anything from me to help you read me better? Like, I'm reading your hesitancy, and I really don't get it.
I haven't seen that tactic used ever.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:42 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I just answered a lot of that post in 446:

Why am I certain? Gut instinct on reading that post was that the repetition comes from.scum that is forcing it. I try to go with my gut on D1 because when I dont I feel bad later when I was right. Most recently, I can think of ItalianoVD in Mini Normal XXXX | Screaming (may be remembering the wrong mini) and Guillotina and Robert M Hunter in Chrono Trigger Chronicles, as well as RMH in 3d20. There was also T3 in Open 820 Siege of Aurelia, and MistyX in Owners Market Blitz, who I correctly scumread off a vibe of an innocuous post, but ended up eliminating them so it worked out.

Specifically Mistyx, ItalianoVD, and Guillotina reads are what my read on you now feels like to me.

Ignoring everything else? I've been duped out of my gut reads too many times recently to drop them easily anymore. I'm going to hold on to this one like a dog with a bone for the time being.

I'm not interested in meta diving right now. I may do it later of I feel stuck after rereading the thread.

Opinion on anything else you've said? I've been reading it, responding where I have questions/comments to share. If there is anything else specific of yours that you want me to address, same offer, q+ and @me and I'll address it
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:52 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 450, Hakai wrote:I haven't seen that tactic used ever.
Okay. Do you have anything useful to add to the discussion?
In post 451, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Gut instinct on reading that post was that the repetition comes from.scum that is forcing it.
Or,
or
, the repetition came because I wanted to make myself clear and because there were two different theoretical disagreements at play - Fareen disagreeing on theory with Save the Dragons, and me disagreeing on theory with Farren.
In post 451, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I'm going to hold on to this one like a dog with a bone for the time being.
Should I read this as you not being interested in listening to literally anything that anyone else is saying about me and being willing to die on this hill?
In post 451, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Opinion on anything else you've said? I've been reading it, responding where I have questions/comments to share.
This ties in to the above. I am highly skeptical of a good faith Town player making a read on me (or on anyone, really) based on tone from one (1) post and then not using literally anything else that that player has said in order to read them. The point isn't that I want you to respond to a certain point of mine, the point is that by not taking into account literally anything else I'm doing (or what others are saying about me), your read on me feels willfully ignorant.
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:54 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 446, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I'm just waiting for the coalition to settle in at this point. If we dont win, I'll give the thread a reread once I have info on which group of 5 is guaranteed to have scum. I'll continue to argue against you being in it and maybe try to get myself in but I think that ship has sailed. Maybe the replacement will reenergize me, but that's not what I'm waiting on.
i think im good with my 5. i dont need to get ssbm to agree with me.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:55 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 453, cyrus62 wrote:i think im good with my 5.
cyrus, please either give me an actual reason why Hakai is Town or explain to me why my is wrong.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Nathann »

Now I'm getting the feeling Kyouko might be Town,
if
there really is precedent to strong gut reads and play like this. Though even that would have to be taken with a grain of salt, considering the rest of her ISO is also, uh. Not Good.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player

Farren
He/Him

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:08 am

Post by Farren »

In post 444, Pavowski wrote:Hard to say, I replaced in to my last game with him. Again, more of my TR on STD is coming from a few genuine-feeling interactions in this thread, rather than his tone (which feels pretty consistent across games, if a little more relaxed here).

Also I am getting whiffs of scummy "better make sure I post something" vibes from this. I compare farren earlier in the thread with farren here. This is the only substantive post in 24 hours, and calling it substantive is a stretch.

Do not like
I do take breaks from the game from time to time. I find it's better for my mental health that way. And yes, I will make brief check-ins during those breaks. And I will continue to do that as necessary. Anyone who doesn't like that - too bad.

With regards to STD: I'm not seeing the Town there. Hence my questions - enough other people are seeing it that I'm wondering if I'm barking up the wrong tree.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:19 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 452, Nathann wrote:
In post 451, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Gut instinct on reading that post was that the repetition comes from.scum that is forcing it.
Or,
or
, the repetition came because I wanted to make myself clear and because there were two different theoretical disagreements at play - Fareen disagreeing on theory with Save the Dragons, and me disagreeing on theory with Farren.
This I'll have to take a look at, probably after work
In post 451, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I'm going to hold on to this one like a dog with a bone for the time being.
Should I read this as you not being interested in listening to literally anything that anyone else is saying about me and being willing to die on this hill?
I'm listening to what people are saying but I'm not interested in being convinced. If I
see
something convincing, maybe I will be, but probably not before the coalition locks.
In post 451, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Opinion on anything else you've said? I've been reading it, responding where I have questions/comments to share.
This ties in to the above. I am highly skeptical of a good faith Town player making a read on me (or on anyone, really) based on tone from one (1) post and then not using literally anything else that that player has said in order to read them. The point isn't that I want you to respond to a certain point of mine, the point is that by not taking into account literally anything else I'm doing (or what others are saying about me), your read on me feels willfully ignorant.
My reads in most games are willfully ignorant of most of the playerlist. When I townread a player I believe to be strong, like Koba, I will listen to their reads on a slot that I am having trouble reading. I'm not having trouble reading you and I dont have a strong enough townread on what I believe to be a strong enough player to sheep a read on you.

Because the consensus seems to be on Pavowski, Cyrus, and I'm not being widely TRed, I'm trying to find a compromise: I'll sheep their coalition if they keep you out of it. I get what's most important to me (aside from putting myself in, which doesnt seem to.be happening), and we get a coalition locked in that I'm
okay
with, but would not be my 5 if I had full say.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:27 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 454, Nathann wrote:
In post 453, cyrus62 wrote:i think im good with my 5.
cyrus, please either give me an actual reason why Hakai is Town or explain to me why my is wrong.
if its who i think it is he is town. okay i think i seen his scum. i just dont get that feeling here. . 5 people we all pick one but what of us pick one each . why am i or pav the better 5 with or with out nathan?
Hakai
Hakai
Townie
Hakai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Hakai »

In post 450, Hakai wrote:I haven't seen that tactic used ever.
Okay. Do you have anything useful to add to the discussion?
Or,
or
Not really.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 457, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
Or,
or
This I'll have to take a look at, probably after work
So you've locked me in as Scum for a post that you didn't even understand correctly.
In post 457, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I'm trying to find a compromise: I'll sheep their coalition if they keep you out of it.
And you're trying to impose this shitty veto on me being in the Coalition on the basis of it.

Okay, I'm logging out for the night before I say something bad.
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Farren »

Let's see how this feels.

HURT: All
HEAL: cyrus62
HEAL: ssbm_Kyouko
HEAL: Pavowski
HEAL: Save The Dragons
HEAL: Hakai

This does not reflect my current reads (obviously; I'm not in it). This is more of a "what happens when I push this button?" deal.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i'm not putting kyouko in my coalition no matter who the other 4 are
Farren
Farren
He/Him

Farren
He/Him

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Farren »

I know I'm Town. I think Kyouko's Town. I think Nathann's Town. If all three of us are out, I think the Coalition fails.
Mish-Mash Janitor

redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:57 am

Post by redtea »

Vote Count 1.07
Enchant (2):
yessiree, cyrus62
ssbm_Kyouko (1):
Save The Dragons
Nathann (1):
ssbm_Kyouko
Enchant (1):
Hakai
Not Voting (4):
Enchant, Nathann, Pavowski, Farren

Coalition Count 1.07
Hakai (4):
cyrus62, Pavowski, Hakai, Save The Dragons
Pavowski (4):
Save The Dragons, Hakai, Pavowski, cyrus62
cyrus62 (5):
Pavowski, Nathann, Hakai, Save The Dragons, cyrus62
Enchant (2):
cyrus62, Pavowski
ssbm_Kyouko (5):
ssbm_Kyouko, Farren, cyrus62, Pavowski, yessiree
Save The Dragons (4):
Save The Dragons, cyrus62, Pavowski, Nathann
Nathann (5):
cyrus62, Pavowski, Save The Dragons, Farren, Nathann
Farren (5):
cyrus62, ssbm_Kyouko, Pavowski, Save The Dragons, Hakai
yessiree (5):
yessiree, Save The Dragons, Pavowski, cyrus62, Farren

Spoiler: # of Coalition Votes for Each Player
Pavowski - (9)

cyrus62 - (9)

Save The Dragons - (7)

Nathann - (3)

Farren - (3)

yessiree - (2)

Hakai - (4)

ssbm_Kyouko - (2)

Enchant - (0)

Still searching for a replacement for yessiree.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

(expired on 2021-10-09 19:48:54) left.
Last edited by redtea on Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Old account here
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:40 am

HEAL: Farren
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Pavowski »

HEAL: Nathann

Look, Cyrus, we match.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Pavowski »

We're actually starting to look close-ish, here. STD how do you feel about hakai?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:54 am

if other people are confident in hakai i could probably go there but i'm not quite convinced he's town yet
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Pavowski »

Fair.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:13 am

Post by redtea »

MathBlade replaces yessiree.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:16 am

Post by redtea »

The countdown continues.

(expired on 2021-10-09 19:48:54) left.
*Old account here
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

Hey working right now will read later.

Can someone say who they absolutely want in the coalition please? Only one name allowed no naming yourself.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:22 am