Mini 660 - Star Trek: DS9 Mafia (Ruined = Over)

CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

I wasn't dubious of the vanilla aspect. The reason I asked was because I would think twice about lynching a claimed power-role to test a cop, but a vanilla townie isn't the biggest loss.
As for today, I will now freely admit to be suspicious of our claimed vanillas. So far we've seen no vanillas and the only person to claim it was scum.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

CallMeLiam wrote:I wasn't dubious of the vanilla aspect. The reason I asked was because I would think twice about lynching a claimed power-role to test a cop, but a vanilla townie isn't the biggest loss.
As for today, I will now freely admit to be suspicious of our claimed vanillas. So far we've seen no vanillas and the only person to claim it was scum.
Do you doubt the scum have a safe claim?
So you think both Sotty7 and myself are scum because we are the only one claiming Vanilla?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

At this point I'm not discounting anything. My natural reaction is to suspect vanilla because the claimed powers are quite believable with Odo as a very limited cop and O'Brien having NK protects. I haven't done a re-read to check for scumminess but you two will be my first ports of call when I do.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Sotty7 wrote:Liam, who's votes have you brought so far and where did you force them?
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:27 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Sorry missed this. I got Tim on Day 2 and used it to lock his vote where it was. I targeted td yesterday and never used it, and today I can put td's vote wherever I want
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Sotty7 »

td, do you know anything about this?

Interesting that you have an ability Liam, that we can't really confirm at this point (in case we are right about lylo) and that you have never really used. Tim voted for Light on day two because he found out he was cult overnight. He never once tried or looked like he wanted to unvote, so that does nothing to really help your claim in my eyes.
td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:35 am

Post by td »

I have not been informed of anything related to my vote, neither yesterday nor today.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:44 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

I only activated the power (locking Tim's vote) during day two. I would be prepared to force td's vote anywhere but onto myself if the town wants me to show it off.
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:02 am

Post by frelaras »

We should probably progress down the road of finding a good suspect before locking anyone's vote. :)
Your power makes sense for Quark, but it's kind of a weird town power, in my opinion.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:08 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Politician is in MBF's flash roles listy.
http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by frelaras »

Duly noted.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Okay, lets all talk about who we find to be the possible scum. Rather than all of us just standing here looking at each other and saying nothing.

I have to say that Liam is the most suspicious to me. He was the first to harp on about name claims not helping anyone, but was the first to quickly claim Quark. With M4yhem claiming Jake so quickly and with no counter claim it makes me think that the scum have fake claims. Liam would have known this when trying to say a name claim wouldn't help anyone and yet relied on it to take the pressure off himself later. Then add to the fact how quickly he hammered Light yesterday, despite Tim's calls to extend the day and have a discussion how best to use his role before he dies.

The other quite high on my list today is Farside. The way she came out and misrepresented both myself and td just sits wrong with me. Not sure if scum would be as brazen as that though, but I still don't like it one bit.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:10 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm going to be busy this weekend. I have 3 games to write up on. So don't expect anything from me till Monday. Thanks
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:02 am

Post by td »

I'm going to bed now since I have to get up early tomorrow (also, I'll be away from home the whole day). I do have to spend quite some time on a bus, however, so I'm printing out the game to do an offline reread. Expect further comments on Sunday afternoon.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Just wanted to put this down now. I looked just a M4's post right now to see if I found a connection. Sek brought up something before she was voted out:
sekinj wrote:

I think there is a frelaras/mayhem scum team based on the coaching and distancing seen in fre’s posts 4 and 14.
Something I will keep in mind because I recall a big push on her even after her claim.

Also looks like scum do have fake claims. Here is what M4 stated before he was lynched:
I'm Jake Sisko. I'm guessing Garak is paranoid then, I can't see why he would lie about targeting me. It makes sense both flavor and balance wise, especially if Timeeater is also some sort of cop, which he seems to be implying.
I'm not sure who Jake Sisko is if anyone.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:29 am

Post by farside22 »

frelaras - Post 213 can you say wishy washy. Post 249 just feels like I'm joining a BW vote. By Post 297 I have to ask is there anyone you are not following to BW at this point?
Frelaras never responded to this post above. Also want to add.
This post where fre agrees with sek:
sekinj wrote:
I currently like Time's case against Liam.
QFT. When viewed in context, Liam is throwing around a lot of suspicion, especially to devalue minor character claims (eg the Rom line). In fact we've just lost a townie based on what many saw as a inadequate character claim (the behaviour didn't help either). The massclaim comment didn't help much either. Liam mentioned being busy, but pressuring him seems more useful than the recently prodded td.
Later when Liam is "cleared" by his claim by many and Sek turns her thoughts on Freles he turns back on her.
I've been thinking about sekinj's case on me. It seems like she's been pretty erratic. First she had a case on Timeater, then she moved to Jebus "because it was the only play anyone was willing to make." Then she jumped to Zoneace, then to Liam. And now I'm her latest suspect, largely for answering a replacement's question. It seems like her votes have been those of convenience, following the town around. I wanted to avoid the obvious omgus vote, but after considering her voting pattern, I'm getting convinced she's scum. vote: sekinj
I get an OMGUS on this.
I have many issues with Frelaras from the beginning. I didn't care for the Liam votes from the beginning and stated as much and felt his vote was a BW vote for little reason. Then after agree with the person who he follows he turns on her when she starts pointing to him.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:34 am

Post by farside22 »

Sotty7 (replacing Ozymandius) - Ozymandius - Post 33 you have a good idea what characters would be scum roles? Rly? Why is that? Do you not think the mod would insure that scum don't have to worry about claiming an obvious scum character? As for scot I can't say I got anything with he wasn't around with M4 lynch. Said little on the light lynch and now he is talking.
I didn't care for Ozy and I hate to see someone replaced with someone who has brought nothing to the game.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:53 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

[quote="Sotty7"]I have to say that Liam is the most suspicious to me. He was the first to harp on about name claims not helping anyone, but was the first to quickly claim Quark. With M4yhem claiming Jake so quickly and with no counter claim it makes me think that the scum have fake claims. Liam would have known this when trying to say a name claim wouldn't help anyone and yet relied on it to take the pressure off himself later. Then add to the fact how quickly he hammered Light yesterday, despite Tim's calls to extend the day and have a discussion how best to use his role before he dies./quote]

I didn't rely on my claim in any way to defend myself. I claimed because I felt that it was useless information and so was happy to throw it out. Trying to keep secret information that I'd been harping on about being useless would be hypocritical and scummy.
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:14 am

Post by frelaras »

farside22 wrote:Just wanted to put this down now. I looked just a M4's post right now to see if I found a connection. Sek brought up something before she was voted out:
sekinj wrote:

I think there is a frelaras/mayhem scum team based on the coaching and distancing seen in fre’s posts 4 and 14.
You remember that the completely lackluster nature of that case was a large part of the reason people voted for her? I answered a replacement's irrelevant question; that's not providing a defense or putting words in his mouth or anything like coaching.
Furthermore, her voting pattern was completely erratic, and she got around to me, throwing out that as her reasoning. Yeah, I voted for her based on that. Don't throw out OMGUS as if it meant something by itself. If someone votes you for scummy reasons, you look them over and vote them if they're scummy.

@farside: I can't tell from your most recent post what you're saying I didn't respond to. Was that a quote from a post I didn't respond to? If you can clarify that I'll take a look.

(I'm going to a wedding today and have Canadian thanksgiving stuff this weekend so I don't promise instant replies)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:44 am

Post by farside22 »

frelaras wrote:
farside22 wrote:Just wanted to put this down now. I looked just a M4's post right now to see if I found a connection. Sek brought up something before she was voted out:
sekinj wrote:

You remember that the completely lackluster nature of that case was a large part of the reason people voted for her? I answered a replacement's irrelevant question; that's not providing a defense or putting words in his mouth or anything like coaching.
Furthermore, her voting pattern was completely erratic, and she got around to me, throwing out that as her reasoning. Yeah, I voted for her based on that. Don't throw out OMGUS as if it meant something by itself. If someone votes you for scummy reasons, you look them over and vote them if they're scummy.

@farside: I can't tell from your most recent post what you're saying I didn't respond to. Was that a quote from a post I didn't respond to? If you can clarify that I'll take a look.

(I'm going to a wedding today and have Canadian thanksgiving stuff this weekend so I don't promise instant replies)
I did that at post 334. You never responded.
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:39 am

Post by frelaras »

Yeah, that just seemed like a shotgun evaluation of everyone so it didn't really get my attention at the time. I'll respond for content's sake though, since it's a slow thanksgiving weekend (here in canada :))

213: I was ambivilent about the character claim and didn't know whether it was scum making up something obscure for safety or the mod trying to make us wary. Turns out it was the latter.

249: So by definition anyone who comes to a thread late in the cycle is scum, eh? Ok...

297: I checked the vote count just above that post, and no one was voting for liam. Yes, I was agreeing with tim's case, but everyone else was busy chasing lurkers. So really, I was the first to vote for liam at that time, not exactly wagoning is that?

I see you're building more of a case based on that so I should address it a little more. You're misrepresenting me quite a bit there, and you're using some shady logic to justify coming after me. Seeks pretty scummy actually.

I'm also suspicious of your claim. I can't see Kira Nerys as vanilla. If Jake Sisko was a provided claim then Kira seems quite similar: a name with none of the flavour or a relevant ability.

Vote: farside22
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:06 am

Post by farside22 »

Interesting frelas before doing that post did you even look at oxy/scot as well and see if you see a connection? Do think there is more then one scum? Why not look at everyone before voting on one person?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:55 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

"A Vote Count is a Vote Count...until a better one comes along."

farside22 (1): frelaras
td (1): td

Not voting (3): CallMeLiam, Sotty7, farside22

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

I will be looking for some more activity or there may be a deadline in the near future.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Sorry guys, had a hectic couple of days.

Liam, who do you find scummy? You haven't really weighed in on that.

Farside, I could try and answer your question about Ozy but I don't claim to be a mind reader. Timing was bad when I replaced in, missing the lynch. I'd like to think I am being as active as I can be at the moment though. (Just a side note I'd also like it if you got my name or gender right... either or would be nice :lol: )

fre, if you truly believe Farside to be scum, who would you think is her possible partner? Or do you think we only have two scum team?

I have to admit that I am going to have to look back to see just what Farside and fre are speaking about before making a judgment either way on their disagreement. It's an interesting development though.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:31 am

Post by farside22 »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
"A Vote Count is a Vote Count...until a better one comes along."

farside22 (1): frelaras
td (1): td

Not voting (3): CallMeLiam, Sotty7, farside22

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.

I will be looking for some more activity or there may be a deadline in the near future.
How is td voting for himself?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”