roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:05 am

Post by roffman »

I'm not sure what the case is, i just have a gut feeling that something about you is not right. I'll go through later and see if there is anything to it, or just my imagination.

As for lynching tim, he's play is highly distracting to town, and just keeps on triggering my scumdar.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:09 am

Post by sekinj »

roffman wrote:I'm not sure what the case is, i just have a gut feeling that something about you is not right. I'll go through later and see if there is anything to it, or just my imagination.
great thanks, that just makes me feel warm and fuzzy, please don't go to any trouble on my account. just throw accusations around and do nothing to back them up.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Timeater »

I seriously am getting tired of people following scumpinion. I'm town. I dont like how Roffman is basically selling me out when I bothered to go out and a limb and state my role and status as a vanilla and he's been more than willing to say I'm a "detriment" (without saying why or how) when I havent posted in a day or two. I'm just really losing faith in this group.
watch for the eggshells
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by iLord »

Pesco wrote:Nothing to town's benefit on Day 1, no original scum hunting on Day 2.

I've asked you some questions too, you should answer.
That's what he hasn't done.

What has he done to indicate that he is scum?

Could you please repeate your questions - I don't seem to be able to find them.
Roffman wrote:I'm not sure what the case is, i just have a gut feeling that something about you is not right. I'll go through later and see if there is anything to it, or just my imagination.

As for lynching tim, he's play is highly distracting to town, and just keeps on triggering my scumdar.
Wow - caught fence-sitting and bandwagoning at the same time - that's utter crap.

Unvote, Vote Roffman

Tim wrote:I seriously am getting tired of people following scumpinion. I'm town. I dont like how Roffman is basically selling me out when I bothered to go out and a limb and state my role and status as a vanilla and he's been more than willing to say I'm a "detriment" (without saying why or how) when I havent posted in a day or two. I'm just really losing faith in this group.
Yeah, I had forgotten about that too - Roffman was the one that was trying to "confirm" Tim!

Wow, Roffman's got some explaining to do!
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:05 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

Just wanted to tell my standing on proof and accusations etc. We don't have proof. We have clues. Acting scummy isn't a proof IMO, I rather see it as a clue. By "collecting clues" (reading people, analyzing possible slips etc.) we make accusations.

Proof = factual evidence
Clue = indication

I know this is just semantic, but I wanted to get that out since Pesco and Tim had an argue about proof earlier.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:43 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

unvote
for now until I can think about things and decide. Roffman is overtaking Timeater, but I'm still wary of him as well.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Pesco47 »

iLord wrote: Could you please repeate your questions - I don't seem to be able to find them.
Pesco47 wrote: @ iLord: I'd like to know why you seem to be prepared to write off just about everything Tim has done? From a purely analytical view of his playstyle, it's not exactly the best thing to convince people with and you say that it hasn't harmed town. How has Tim made any benefit to town then? How do you keep reading him as town?
I've been very co-operative and answered your questions, now you do the same.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Ramus »

By YET I mean that I still reserve judgment that he could still be scum, in order words, there's still a possibility in the future for me to vote him, but right now I don't see reason to do so.

I'm just going to focus on roffman for now to get votes on him since at least a larger chunk of time is in favor of voting him than Timeater right now.

roffman should be obvious. Not only with his 90% sureness that Tim is town but still wants to lynch him but also his general weak reasoning. sekinj is distracting (examples please?), that weird and almost pointless fishing (so what DOES a cook do?), and some very strange logic that escapes me all together, such as this semi-famous quote:
You don't. The fact is that once Timeater has fully claimed, i'm more than happy to die to confirm him as town or scum.

@Timeater: If you really are a cook, then you would want to be night killed. Also, if scum only have one main target, it makes protective roles so much easier to target the right person.
How do you die to confirm him as town or scum?
Why would a possible power role want to be shot (or I guess hit over the head with a hammer in this case)?

Not to mention, how did you go from thinking Timeater was very likely scum to a nearly confirmed townie to a nearly confirmed townie that should be lynched?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by iLord »

FLLL
Pesco wrote:@ iLord: I'd like to know why you seem to be prepared to write off just about everything Tim has done? From a purely analytical view of his playstyle, it's not exactly the best thing to convince people with and you say that it hasn't harmed town. How has Tim made any benefit to town then? How do you keep reading him as town?
I was under the impression that I had already answered this - Tim has done nothing.

And he has been analyzing/scumhunting.

I'm reading him as town because he's contributing and he hasn't done anything particularily scummy.

----------------------------------

Ramus, I still can't tell how you think about Roffman...
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Ramus »

Unvote: Timeater
Vote: roffman

I find him scummy for his lame scum hunting tactics and poor logic. It's like a bad attempt at keeping the town in the dark or at least going around in circles.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by iLord »

Why vote now?

Why not earlier?
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Ramus »

iLord wrote:Why vote now?

Why not earlier?
Truth is that I forgot to. Don't ask me how I forgot to, but I did.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Timeater »

I'd also like to point out, that from the start, the his (Roffman's) whole thing of egging me on to state my role has been WIFOM. I took the wine. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I did. He claimed to be a cook, and when I said I was vanilla he said he was vanilla. It was all extremely convient. A few things I should have noticed about this is (and I think Pesco pointed out was) that just because we are both cooks does not make us have identical roles. Also, sort of guessing the mod here, but why would Claus add in identical roles in a minitheme? You think there is a enough variety in Dwarf Fortress (game is hugely complex) that we would not have repeating roles.

tl;dr - Roffman pulled a huge WIFOM on me and I took the bait.
watch for the eggshells
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Claus »

The History of Oslanvathez

Who knew there could be so many demons hidden in that underground chamber? Still, the Legendary soldiers do their best.

Vote Count!

Roffman 3 - Pesco, iLord, Ramus
Timeater 1 - Sekinj
Sekinj 1 - Timeater

Not Voting

Tuberkulos, Reborn537, Andersonw, roffman, KoC

With 10 creatures alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by sekinj »

roffman wrote:I'm not sure what the case is, i just have a gut feeling that something about you is not right. I'll go through later and see if there is anything to it, or just my imagination.

I'm waiting to see what roff's follow up to this is. I'm just about ready to leave time alone and go after roff for his blatant scumziness.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by Timeater »

Might as well go with the Roffman vote and see how this pans out.

Unvote
Vote Roffman
watch for the eggshells
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by reborn537 »

I don't like this wagon. But the information accrued from Roffman's lynch if he turns town with all these opportunistic votes on him will be very interesting. Still, the need for Day 1 discussion is such that I am not willing to vote yet.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:34 pm

Post by Pesco47 »

What are you being so undecided for? We're on Day 2, long past Day 1. Smells like scummy indecisiveness from someone who has been reading the thread.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:41 pm

Vote roffman

This being the person that at one point you wre willing to die in order to supposedly clear. Flip-flop on a King-King scale.
L-1, I believe. Nobody do anything until we have a full claim.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:18 am

Post by sekinj »

reborn537 wrote:I don't like this wagon. But the information accrued from Roffman's lynch if he turns town with all these opportunistic votes on him will be very interesting. Still, the need for Day 1 discussion is such that I am not willing to vote yet.
You are just saying 'wagon' so that it will look bad. What do you have to say about Roff's actual posts?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:33 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

The fact roffman claims that here are two cooks in this game is indeed a little strange. Claus probably has more imagination than putting two cooks in a relatively small game as this.

The fact that Timeater is the first one to bring up the cook as a role, and that roffman is the one spinning on it is indeed a little suspicious. But on the other hand, he must have knewn that if he would manage to get Timeater lynched, he would get lynched the next day. Either one of them could flip scum as I see it right now.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:36 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

Excuse me for the terrible grammar, should have previewed.

The fact thet roffman claims that there are two cooks in this game is indeed a little strange. Claus probably has more imagination than putting two cooks in a relatively small game as this.

The fact that Timeater is the first one to bring up the cook as a role, and that roffman is the one spinning on it is indeed a little suspicious. But on the other hand, he must have knewn that if he would manage to get Timeater lynched, he would get lynched the next day. Either one of them could flip scum as I see it right now.

Just came up with this when I corrected the grammar. Maybe roffman confirmed Timeater just because he realized that if he would get him lynched, he would be dead the next day?
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Claus »

"Why are you looking at me? I'm just the cook!"

Roffman tried to defend himself, but it was clear to him that they would never believe him. After Timeater and KoC started agreeing to the idea of lynching him, he decided to act first and fled towards the dark corridors.

Before the dwarves could even tell roffman that they hadn't decided yet, he disappeared. As they rush after him, they hear the once familiar sound bones being broken down by a war hammer, and a dwarf claiming for mercy.

*CLANK! HEL...CLANK!..ELPzgrlll... CLANK!*

They arrive just in time to see roffman, beaten down to a bloody pulp. Someone finished their job for them. However, among the remains, just poor quality, fat stained pig tail clothing could be found: It seems roffman was just a cook, just as he claimed.

Final Vote Count!

Roffman 6 - Pesco, iLord, Ramus, Timeater, KoC,
The Hammerer

Timeater 1 - Sekinj

Roffman -
Cook
- has been lynched day 2!

It is now
Night 2
! Players with night actions may PM me their night actions. Players who can speak at night may do so now. Deadline for night actions is October 12, 0:01 GMT

Dwarf Fortress Wiki wrote: The Hammerer is the executioner of your fortress. If your fortress does not have enough cages, chains and/or ropes set to be used by justice or the crime is heinous enough, (s)he will proceed to hammerings. The Hammerer is usually quite a ruthless guy, who "takes pleasure from killing".
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Claus »

You all sleep restlessly - the memories of the Hammerer haunts you, and no one quite understands why he killed roffman like that - it is not like there was any mandate around to be broken!

As the night ends, each of you decides that the best place to look for answers is iLord - afterall, he had been a source of stability during these hard times, and seemed to know what he was doing.

Unfortunately, you all find iLord - in many different parts of the fortress at the same time.

His left leg is found in one on the corridors, and a long, bloody trail leads to his right hand, third finger. Following the trail a little more you find his right left upper arm, still grasping a copper pick. The bloody trail ends in the former dinning room, where his body, cut and battered to death, could be found.

Those of you who could stomach the grim scene carry the body back to an open casket, and put it in an unfinished vein in the deep mines - he wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

iLord -
Miner
- Was killed night 2

Can the dwarves still eliminate the dangers facing them?

It is now
day 3
, with 8 creatures alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is on November 1st, 00:01 GMT
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:43 am

Alright, which 'tard decided to pull an L-1 Hammer before roffman could claim?
Also:
Vote: Timeater

I now feel more secure than ever that Timeater's Cook claim was a safeclaim for scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”