Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:56 am

Post by Norinel »

The rodent time delay theory would make sense and explain the lack of death or limp Night 1 (Maybe a protection on either night would work?). I think the way to work a recruit in that would be that Dourgrim's target the night before he died gets recruited the night after, or he had a time-delay recruit. If that's true, everyone's uncleared except mole. (And mikehart and me if there's only one remaining ROUS, since even if Talitha is lying scum, we couldn't be the one remaining ROUS) The possibility of choosing a recruit would explain his just give me one more day attitude when he died.

So if that's true, who'd Dourgrim recruit N6? Since Fishbulb still (Assuming he has two votes) had his role D6, he probably didn't get recruited. If I were making the choice, I'd probably go for somebody cleared, Talitha, Fishbulb, or jadesmar. I'm pretty much clueless beyond that.

To confirm Fishbulb's the one with two votes, when we decide on a lynching target, we should get the target two votes from a lynch and have everyone else vote and unvote him.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:21 am

Post by massive »

One thing to remember about night one is that we had both Miracle Max and Valerie in addition to whomever is still doing doctor work now, making the chances of protecting the ROUS's night one choice a LITTLE better. But the possibility of delayed death does seem like it could work since it is a "festering" leg wound.

And now I'll wait for mathcam since he's usually on around this time.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:44 am

Post by mathcam »

Wow, nice call, massive.

I don't think Someone's the right target. If we're choosing randomly among the now-uncleared people, Someone would be my last choice since Dourgrim (ROUS) was attacking him so vehemently earlier. Of course, it's entirely possible the multiple ROUS's don't know about each other, but they might, so Someone isn't as good of a choice as someone that Dourgrim didn't go after. More later...this is a busy morning.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:45 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh, and my role is pro-town and fairly useful, but I'd rather not say out loud what my abilities are, or even what my name is. But just so you know, I can't conceive of any way my role could affect how the ROUS works (i.e. I'm not a doc).

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:27 am

Post by massive »

Norinel, anything extra you'd like to add about protecting people before I post a giant, all-encompassing post as I am wont to do? I just realized that we don't know anything about your role. I don't care what it does, just if you might have had any part in protecting Talitha or Someone from the ROUS bites.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:57 am

Post by Norinel »

Well, I had made this comment last page:
Norinel wrote:(For instance, one of my role's abilities was to look for Miracle Max)
Are you asking if I'm a doc?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:48 am

Post by massive »

I'm asking, more or less, if you in any way could have contributed to the WHY of the differing ROUS attacks. Like I said, I'm not interested in the specifics, just trying to get all the info before I blurt out some stuff. :D
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:44 am

Post by Norinel »

In that sense, no.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:43 am

Post by Sugar »

Unfortunately, I don't have anything too exciting to add to the discussion. According to the time-delay theory, we're assuming that it takes 2 days before the ROUS target dies. We didn't get notice of a failed attack this morning in the opening post, therefore we can expect a death by festering wound tomorrow (unless that target gets lynched today, and it's interesting that hasn't seemed to happen yet).

We know there is at least one ROUS still in the game, because one had to target mathcam1 on N6.
Anyway, the only two possibilities left seem to be:
1) that there has been a 2nd ROUS all along. But nobody alive seems a possibility.
2) at least one player has been recruited. Again, Someone and Talitha apply here. Someone doesn't make much sense, but recruiting Talitha would be brilliant.

Questions still remaining are role abilities. I don't have any abilities at all. Does anybody else have any light to shed?
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:48 am

Post by MeMe »

The Easiest Count Ever:

Someone
(1):
massive

Not voting (8)
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:15 am

Post by massive »

OK, I'm going to lay this all out on the table then. I'm the remaining protector role. It's situational, but my list of protectees reads like this: Myself night one, and then DP/Talitha every night since then, except for Night 6, when I didn't protect anyone.

If I'm the only protector left, and WASN'T protecting Someone any night near his bite/limp, and WAS protecting DP/Talitha all nights near his/her bite/limp, how do we explain how Someone and Talitha had similar results?

The answer HAS to be that my protection had no effect on whatever happened to them. We can't assume anything different happened to them. Someone is the right lynch. If we win, then all's good. If we don't, Talitha is also a ROUS.

-- massik
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:30 am

Post by Sugar »

Although I'm not sure what "situational" protection means (and don't really need to know at this point), I'll go along with that, because nothing else makes sense.

Vote: Someone

But if you turn out to be scum, Fezzik, I am going to be very put out.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:29 pm

Post by mathcam »

Hm, that kind of makes sense, I think.

Vote: Someone

Cam
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:08 am

Post by massive »

In addition please note: I did not protect anyone on Night 6, which was AFTER Talitha had been bitten AND Dourgrim had been lynched. Up until this point we had had either deaths or limping from ROUS attacks. Why wouldn't the ROUS, if it's the only remaining killing role, want to at least ATTEMPT to kill Talitha?

I think the "time-delay" theory is smoke. I think that Dourgrim's kill on night one was blocked, but it's irrelevant. I think that Someone was recruited N4 and Talitha on N5. I think they skipped their kill last night so that focus would fall on rite.

(The other option being, of course, that DP/Talitha was NEVER the Grandfather, but I think we can remove that since the ROUS would have no knowledge of Rugen/Humperdinck on days one and two.)

I'm kinda grumbly about the whole thing. I mean, I protected Talitha last night and she probably did the killing. ;) Sorry, T, but I'll be protecting someone else tonight.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:17 pm

Post by mikehart »

im thinking that an rous wouldnt recruit because westley was bitten by one and he stayed human
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:07 pm

Post by Sugar »

It's true that in the movie, Westley didn't turn into an ROUS when bitten. But Vizzini didn't really have investigative abilities in the movie, nor did the Grandfather. The roles are
based
on the movie/book, but obviously have been given mafia flair.

But OK, your point is made. Do you then think we've always had 2 rodents in the game? If so, who are your suspects? Or do you have any alternate theories or ideas? Come on, we need all the help and discussion we can get.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:56 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'm sorry to keep going back to this, but just so it's completely clear to me:
Is there no possible way that Someone was protected or Dourgrim was blocked on either Night 3 or Night 4?

I guess I already know the answer but I wanted to ask again just in case.
Because I just can't imagine why Dourgrim would have recruited Someone. Someone was uncleared by any investigator, and acting suspiciously early in the game. Why wouldn't he recruit someone who was cleared and beyond reproach?

And if there's been a 2nd ROUS all along I think it has to be Sugar or Someone.

I'm nearly ready to vote for Someone, but only because of confusion, not because I think he's guilty.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:09 am

Post by MeMe »

A Fairly Unnecessary Count:

Someone
(3):
massive, Sugar, mathcam

Not voting (6):
Fishbulb, mikehart, mole, Norinel, Someone, Talitha

Five'll do it.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:41 am

Post by mathcam »

Some random thoughts:

It's possible DG didn't know his bite would recruit (either because he was completely unaware or because it was based on something random) so was just trying to kill him and in advertently recruited him.

I think it's quite possible that there's a time delay for recruiting but not for killing. This, I think, would explain why nothing happened on Night 6 (Since we had just lynched Dourgrim) but started up again afterward. If this it the case, Talitha's our best bet.

I'm still kind of hesitant of the whole recruiting theory ... would MeMe really tell us who was recruited by mentioning that they were bitten the previous night. If recruiting was supposed to be a major part of this role, then as soon as we figured out recruiting was going on, we knew to look back and see who was bitten. I more inclined to believe there were two ROUS' from the beginning.

massive, why wouldn't you have protected, say,
me
on night 6?

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:02 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Well, I'm all for lynching Someone. But since we are two away, I will cause the lynch and I don't know if we are done discussing it, yet.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:03 am

Post by mathcam »

He's still my best guess. I certainly won't hold it against you if you finish him off and he turns out to be innocent. It's not like we're going to come up with a brilliant strategy tonight. We're just hoping we're lynching the right people in the right order.

Cam
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:46 am

Post by Sugar »

mathcam wrote:I more inclined to believe there were two ROUS' from the beginning.
I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out who this could possibly be, but then again maybe you know something I don't. Did the mod conveniently give this last ROUS a safe role to claim, and then perhaps an ability? Or let them in on the secret townie PM? Because as I've said before, nobody left seems like an option, unless it's a god-rodent who turned up innocent to an investigation. And then we still have the question of "who protected/blocked Someone on N4?"
Argh. This is really fun, but really perplexing!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:52 am

Post by mathcam »

I agree. Very perplexing. It's the kind of mystery which I'm not sure we'll even be
able
to figure it out. It seems like any time we could conclude something, someone can always say "Ah, but maybe the game was made so that it was
supposed
to look like that."

Evil may have been given safe role claims, or told what the townie PM looks like, etc. Like you said, Someone's got the biggest outstanding question over his head in my mind. Hence my vote.

Cam
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:56 am

Post by Norinel »

I think the best course of action is to lynch someone uncleared (It might as well be Someone), investigate someone else, and see what happens tomorrow.

If we're lynching Someone, we should have everyone besides those already voting for him and Fishbulb to vote and unvote him before Fishbulbe votes, so we can be sure it's him whose vote counts twice. Are we going to do that?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:16 am

Post by massive »

mathcam wrote:massive, why wouldn't you have protected, say,
me
I will admit that "rite=scum" was all I could see. I assumed the game would be finished when we lynched him. When we still went on, the thought that a second ROUS was in the game (and might be our investigator) hadn't even occured to me as possible. The only thought I had was "gotta protect the cop." (And rightly so, at that time, I think.)

One thing to keep in mind is that Talitha, our cop, is now under suspicion. So probably take her result with a grain of salt.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”