WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

Crazy wrote:Yeah, but if sekinj isn't the other mafia, who is? Nobody else had the same time.
I'm not sure, that's what I want to figure out. If the times have no indication of alignment as Destructor said and BM lied about his time, it is possible that no one else had a 9:42pm timestamp. I am not saying it's a bad vote or not a good case to pursue at all, I just want to be completely convinced before lynching anyone.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by sekinj »

@walt - I will gladly address you other questions later tongiht as well, but I just tried the excel thing again with different data. It automatically puts it into seperate columns. When i cut and pasted the daytalk it puts name and date in Column A Cell 1 and Cell 3 respectivly, post # in Column B Cell 1 and the actual post in column C Cell 1. So the only thing I did was delete all of COlumn C and then highlight and move the the date over to the now empty column C Cell 1, and then delete the extra rows (Row 2 and 3). and last I typed up my paraphrase.

I am using MS Excel 2003.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by sekinj »

Crazy wrote:
sekinj wrote:
Crazy wrote:Yeah, but if sekinj isn't the other mafia, who is? Nobody else had the same time.
*gasp* we may have to use
reasoning
to figure that out!! wow, that's a shocker.
Yeah, like your reasoning, right? Lynch Crazy; he made up a scum-tell!
so, you're saying your vote is OMGUS from my DAY ONE suspicion?? I will freely admit that I was NOT the first to jump off your wagon. I dont' tend to beleive the first thing someone I suspect says... I don't see hwo that is a bad thing...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Crazy »

WaltWishbone wrote:
I'm not sure, that's what I want to figure out. If the times have no indication of alignment as Destructor said and BM lied about his time, it is possible that no one else had a 9:42pm timestamp. I am not saying it's a bad vote or not a good case to pursue at all, I just want to be completely convinced before lynching anyone.
If BM was going to lie, he'd put 10:07, you know.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Darox »

Darox wrote:
The idea is that the mod decided to add the town daytalks AFTER the scum daytalks, and thus created them later.

However, this falls apart completely when you realize the timestamp for the post where the mod announces he will give everyone daytalk threads is half an hour before the first time recorded for the mod's opening of a daytalk thread.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Crazy »

Yeah, sekinj, but you were saying that I was making it up after I POSTED what it was. How could I be making something up when I POSTED it?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Crazy »

Darox wrote:
Darox wrote:
The idea is that the mod decided to add the town daytalks AFTER the scum daytalks, and thus created them later.

However, this falls apart completely when you realize the timestamp for the post where the mod announces he will give everyone daytalk threads is half an hour before the first time recorded for the mod's opening of a daytalk thread.
That's not true either. The mod could have done one thread, gone and taken a shower, and came back and did some others.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by Darox »

Crazy wrote:That's not true either. The mod could have done one thread, gone and taken a shower, and came back and did some others.
And that doesn't prove anything about the alignments of the people he did before taking a break.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Crazy »

Darox wrote:
Crazy wrote:That's not true either. The mod could have done one thread, gone and taken a shower, and came back and did some others.
And that doesn't prove anything about the alignments of the people he did before taking a break.
Yes, you're correct. Which is why what I'm saying applies to sekinj, but not to armlx.

-BM had the time 9:42. He was scum.

-All scum have the same daytalking thread. So, in turn, they have the same TIME on their daytalking thread.

-Sekinj was the only other player with the same time as BM.

-Thus, sekinj is the other mafia.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

Darox wrote:
Darox wrote:

Yes, this is a good point but not what crazy is referring too, the first post in BM/CW and Sek/Neko thread was created at 9:42pm. The only two which share the same time.
Crazy wrote:Are you guys crazy? They had the SAME DAYTALK stamp, and they were the ONLY ONES with that stamp. Scum teams have the same daytalk thread. It's not like half of a thread can be made at one time and half at another time! IT'S ONE THREAD!!!!

So why aren't we lynching sekinj yet?
I do agree with you in theory Darox; the timestamp theory is not conclusive and a case needs to be made.

@Sekinj - Cool, thanks. I don't get it still but will try again.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by Darox »

WaltWishbone wrote:The one thing we all share; scum and town is we each got an introduction post in the daytalk thread from destructor. The times would be the same for scum and town alike in their individual threads. According to the posted daytalk, the following times were given for the introduction post.

9:42pm - Sekinji/Neko & BattleMage/Clockwork
9:45pm - Armix/Sleepypanda & ?
10:07pm - crazy/KoC, Darox/DGB, ThAd/dbe, Charter/Cephrir, & WWB/RR
All the other daytalks were made at the same time as well.

Still not any kind of conclusive evidence that Sekinj is scum.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

Darox wrote:
WaltWishbone wrote:The one thing we all share; scum and town is we each got an introduction post in the daytalk thread from destructor. The times would be the same for scum and town alike in their individual threads. According to the posted daytalk, the following times were given for the introduction post.

No, they were made at 10:07 but I absolutely agree with you it is not conclusive that Sekinj is scum at all. However she and Neko have not been pressured the whole game and going back through the game thread, re-reading their posts, I do feel there are some good questions we can ask them which I posted earlier.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Darox »

I meant that all the other daytalks had been created together in the same timeframe.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by armlx »

Crazy wrote:
Darox wrote:
Yes, you're correct. Which is why what I'm saying applies to sekinj, but not to armlx.

-BM had the time 9:42. He was scum.

-All scum have the same daytalking thread. So, in turn, they have the same TIME on their daytalking thread.

-Sekinj was the only other player with the same time as BM.

-Thus, sekinj is the other mafia.
I can agree with this. While different time stamps ie. 10:07 v 9:42 don't mean anything on their own, the similar time is a legit thing to consider.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Walt wrote:Swingers would be a group of four right? It could be just a joke and she did make it in the game thread, but odd still.
Swingers would be a couple that trades partners with other couples. You know this, and you actually played into this ongoing joke of ours if I remember right, so I don't know why it's worrying you now.
He dedicated an entire post to laughing?
Is that really that weird? On quicktopic? Can we note that crazy and KoC have dedicated multiple posts on
this
thread to inanity?
To me this entire discussion on scumhunting reads more like Mafia trying to find werewolves then town tring to find scum.
Why? Because I happened to speculate that Adel might be the other werewolf? At that point it was easier to look for a scumpartner than the second scumteam.
In Tartiflette We Trust
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by sekinj »

Walt wrote:
neko2086 7 08-05-2008 10:41 PM ET (US) *laughs*
If you notice right before that I dedicated an entire post to trying to get him to cyber with me... I also have to add that my actual wording for the post above was pretty racy, and neko's response indicated that he was not ready to foray into his first cyber-relationship. (it was more of an uncomfortable laugh for the record).
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Crazy »

Neko, answer this please: Which of these do you think was the most likely thing to happen:

1. BM lied about his time on his daytalk thread, and you & sekinj were the only ones to have 9:42.
2. The other mafia pair lied about their time on the daytalk thread.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by neko2086 »

The way his daytalk was hastily thrown together, I would not at all be surprised if he just picked somebody else's (other than his scumpartner's) start time to make it believable.

BM's partner could easily have picked a later time as well. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.
In Tartiflette We Trust
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

WaltWishbone wrote:
Darox wrote:

No, they were made at 10:07
How many times does this need to be said? Those times you listed for everyone,
they are not indicative of when daytalks were made
. They are the times of the mod's
first post in the daytalk
. The mod added daytalk for
everyone at 9:17
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

sekinj wrote:@walt - I will gladly address you other questions later tongiht as well, but I just tried the excel thing again with different data. It automatically puts it into seperate columns. When i cut and pasted the daytalk it puts name and date in Column A Cell 1 and Cell 3 respectivly, post # in Column B Cell 1 and the actual post in column C Cell 1. So the only thing I did was delete all of COlumn C and then highlight and move the the date over to the now empty column C Cell 1, and then delete the extra rows (Row 2 and 3). and last I typed up my paraphrase.

I just downloaded a 60 day trial from MS of the version you are using, it still does NOT work. I will explain what I did step by step, so please correct me if I am doing it wrong.

1. Open up MS 2003 spreadsheet
2. Open up daytalk
3. Copy daytalk
4. Paste onto spread sheet (I tried it two different ways)
4a. I pasted it into the spreadsheet directly which only gives me the option of putting the entire copy into one cell, wether it be a1, e1, e3, etc...
4b. I pasted it into the toolbar data box and hit enter and it put the entire copy into cell a1.

What am I doing different then you did? Also, even if the program had the ability to differentiate and seperate the data into individual cells, it would still put the entire first post from daytalk in row "A", so if you deleted the introduction post you would have deleted the post number. So you still wuld have had to have renumbered the daytalk and that is a lot of work from someone with nothing to hide.
neko2086 wrote:
Walt wrote:Swingers would be a group of four right? It could be just a joke and she did make it in the game thread, but odd still.
Swingers would be a couple that trades partners with other couples. You know this, and you actually played into this ongoing joke of ours if I remember right, so I don't know why it's worrying you now.
No, you are right and it is funny. This is the post that made me think that there might be more to that comment then what I originally believed.
SleepyPanda wrote:
WWB wrote: Can we switch lovers Neko? You guys are swingers right?

Just kidding hunny bunny. Wink
I don't think they would have the time for you anyways. I'm sure they're too busy swinging with another couple already.
I am extremely interested in hearing Sleepypandas reasoning behind this comment.
Is that really that weird? On quicktopic? Can we note that crazy and KoC have dedicated multiple posts on
this
thread to inanity?
Yeah, point taken, but I like Sekinj's response better.
sekinj wrote:
Walt wrote:
neko2086 7 08-05-2008 10:41 PM ET (US) *laughs*
If you notice right before that I dedicated an entire post to trying to get him to cyber with me... I also have to add that my actual wording for the post above was pretty racy, and neko's response indicated that he was not ready to foray into his first cyber-relationship. (it was more of an uncomfortable laugh for the record).
You "All" have a lot more fun in your DT then me and RR.
To me this entire discussion on scumhunting reads more like Mafia trying to find werewolves then town tring to find scum.
Why? Because I happened to speculate that Adel might be the other werewolf? At that point it was easier to look for a scumpartner than the second scumteam.
Not entirely, there is a bit more that just goes against the content of the game thread and this exchange is what is really odd.
sekinj wrote:sekinj 26 09-07-2008 02:31 AM ET (US) Wow, lots of new wagons. I wonder why BM voted charter, but just fosed me and the other? I didn’t even know he was talking to me.

sekinj 27 09-15-2008 02:21 PM ET (US) Any thoughts?

neko2086 28 09-16-2008 09:28 AM ET (US) I think we should take a look at several different people and then compare notes. I’m very suspicious of charter

sekinj 29 09-16-2008 10:23 AM ET (US) what do you think of Thad’s voting patterns? Yeah, I think charter bears a closer look.
BattleMage, never voted for Charter nor put an fos on Sekinj yet that is what it states in your daytalk. Was the exchange between Sekinj and Erratus what she meant to post in daytalk?

Friday Sep. 5th
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:So cerebus's "flip flopping" consists of finding Crazy scummy until deciding his scumtell isn't one scum would have come up with, and finding Iceman slightly townish until cases against him were presented. From where I sit those are reasonable changes of mind. How are the rest of you concluding that he's scum from this?
I still want everyone who got on the cerebus wagon late yesterday to answer this.
That's odd, I could've sworn I signed up to play Mafia, not dodgeball.
Vote: charter

FoS: sekinj, KoC
Monday Sep. 8
sekinj wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:I'm going to need to be replaced in this game. Sorry.
Wow, so you really didn't want an answer from me? I answer you and then you ask to be replaced? well before you go, please answer this: Why did you vote charter but just fos me and KoC?
How do you mix-up Battlemage and Erratus?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:14 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

The sekinj case may not be solid, but it's as good as any I've seen in mafia, and better than most. If the timestamp theory is correct it could basically end this game...which is unfortunate but I'd rather win than lose by playing "in the spirit of the game".
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:19 am

Post by charter »

Ironic that they were for posting daytalk :roll:
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

I reread the first 20 pages, very strong town vibe from Crazy (would have to be a genious actor to pull off such a stunt as scum) as well as sej/Neko, and to a lesser extent Panda and OpposedForce (Darox). Charter opposed massclaim, pushed extra hard on Crazy and then moved to Ice when his death started looking inevitable. ThAd was just as useless then as he is now, I'm franktly surprised he's lurked his way to day 6 with such relative ease.

I don't see a lot of merit in the mod's first post as a tell, especially after he 'bitch slapped' the theory. Also the excel discussion is pretty redundant. What's much more of a tell is charter excluding posts from his paraphrase and not posting the times, but people seem to have forgotten about that just because it's been a while.

Vote charter
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:00 am

Post by sekinj »

charter wrote:Ironic that they were for posting daytalk :roll:
because we have nothing to hide... I wasn't even paying attention to the timestamp on the mod's first post for anyone's daytalk...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:13 am

Post by sekinj »

WaltWishbone wrote:
sekinj wrote:@walt - I will gladly address you other questions later tongiht as well, but I just tried the excel thing again with different data. It automatically puts it into seperate columns. When i cut and pasted the daytalk it puts name and date in Column A Cell 1 and Cell 3 respectivly, post # in Column B Cell 1 and the actual post in column C Cell 1. So the only thing I did was delete all of COlumn C and then highlight and move the the date over to the now empty column C Cell 1, and then delete the extra rows (Row 2 and 3). and last I typed up my paraphrase.

I just downloaded a 60 day trial from MS of the version you are using, it still does NOT work. I will explain what I did step by step, so please correct me if I am doing it wrong.

1. Open up MS 2003 spreadsheet
2. Open up daytalk
3. Copy daytalk
4. Paste onto spread sheet (I tried it two different ways)
4a. I pasted it into the spreadsheet directly which only gives me the option of putting the entire copy into one cell, wether it be a1, e1, e3, etc...
4b. I pasted it into the toolbar data box and hit enter and it put the entire copy into cell a1.

What am I doing different then you did? Also, even if the program had the ability to differentiate and seperate the data into individual cells, it would still put the entire first post from daytalk in row "A", so if you deleted the introduction post you would have deleted the post number. So you still wuld have had to have renumbered the daytalk and that is a lot of work from someone with nothing to hide.
I don't know what you are doing differently. I have asked the mod if I can show a screenshot of my excel to show you how it shows up when I cut and paste. the post number shows up by itself in column B.

WaltWishbone wrote:
sekinj wrote:sekinj 26 09-07-2008 02:31 AM ET (US) Wow, lots of new wagons. I wonder why BM voted charter, but just fosed me and the other? I didn’t even know he was talking to me.

sekinj 27 09-15-2008 02:21 PM ET (US) Any thoughts?

neko2086 28 09-16-2008 09:28 AM ET (US) I think we should take a look at several different people and then compare notes. I’m very suspicious of charter

sekinj 29 09-16-2008 10:23 AM ET (US) what do you think of Thad’s voting patterns? Yeah, I think charter bears a closer look.
BattleMage, never voted for Charter nor put an fos on Sekinj yet that is what it states in your daytalk. Was the exchange between Sekinj and Erratus what she meant to post in daytalk?

Friday Sep. 5th
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:So cerebus's "flip flopping" consists of finding Crazy scummy until deciding his scumtell isn't one scum would have come up with, and finding Iceman slightly townish until cases against him were presented. From where I sit those are reasonable changes of mind. How are the rest of you concluding that he's scum from this?
I still want everyone who got on the cerebus wagon late yesterday to answer this.
That's odd, I could've sworn I signed up to play Mafia, not dodgeball.
Vote: charter

FoS: sekinj, KoC
Monday Sep. 8
sekinj wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:I'm going to need to be replaced in this game. Sorry.
Wow, so you really didn't want an answer from me? I answer you and then you ask to be replaced? well before you go, please answer this: Why did you vote charter but just fos me and KoC?
How do you mix-up Battlemage and Erratus?
because BM and EA were lovers. I'm sure I've done the same with charter/ceph.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”