Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Gremwell wrote:but what does DBE have to do with his restriction being lifted?
I don't know if DBE has anything to do with it. I was just going off the info I had, aka her revealed role in the first post. Beyond that, I don't really have any other guess.

While I'm here, Batman is so cool because he fights baddies and such.

Holy "too much editing + homecoming week is why I'm V/LA", Batman!

The extent of my access is essentially a coinflip every night.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Flameaxe wrote: The extent of my access is essentially a coinflip every night.
Where's Harvey Dent when you need him most?
Late twenties, early Thursdays
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Well being as I don't know what exactly a Post Restrictor is i dunno what to say about Darla's role and the effect it might have had on Flameaxe. Does anyone know what a PR post restrictor is?

Also, why the little sentence about batman?
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

wolframnhart wrote:Well being as I don't know what exactly a Post Restrictor is i dunno what to say about Darla's role and the effect it might have had on Flameaxe. Does anyone know what a PR post restrictor is?

Also, why the little sentence about batman?
My guess is that Darla wa someone with a Post Restricion, who had the ability to give other people Post Restrictions.

Wouldn't that make sense with how it was phrased?
Late twenties, early Thursdays
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

If so, then she would have nothing to do with Flameaxe not doing his PR or whatever the excuse was that he thought Darla helped him with. Unfortunatly since i didn't know what the PR restrictor role thing was I can't exactly expect him to either, but something is just starting to not sit right in my mind with him, i just need to think about it more.
unvote
for now.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Batman is so cool because he makes me compliment him all the time!

Holy it's true, Batman!
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Flameaxe wrote:Batman is so cool because he makes me compliment him all the time!

Holy it's true, Batman!
Ok... so either you have another PR, or you are just making no sense.

UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

The reason I originally asked was because I did, in fact, receive my real name as well as my alias as Batman, and it didn't make a lot of sense to me that he didn't when there's, I think, three different Robins. While it's an important point, we need to be careful if we persue it, and avoid treading into "outguessing the mod" territory. Not saying there are many other merits against Flameaxe scum, however.

Yes, Wolf, I'm still quite happy with my sthar vote, not necessarily because of anything sthar has done, but because nothing can really undo charter's day 2 behavior, and it's mind boggling that he wasn't lynched yesterday
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

4 different rogins.

grayson, todd, drake, grown.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

wolframnhart wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:Batman is so cool because he makes me compliment him all the time!

Holy it's true, Batman!
Yeah. I do. Batman is so awesome because of Eggnogfas.

Holy "I've run out of things to put here, but I'm still trying to be 5% clever", Batman!
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:04 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Flameaxe wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:

Holy it's true, Batman!
Yeah. I do. Batman is so awesome because of Eggnogfas.

Holy "I've run out of things to put here, but I'm still trying to be 5% clever", Batman!
Huh... so why do you have a PR that has to do with you proclaiming batman's greatness now?

sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:48 am

Post by sthar8 »

It might be a punishment for intentionally violating his PR. Our mod seems to be rather lenient when someone mistakenly violates the rules, but the claws come out when it's intentional mischief-making.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Flameaxe wrote:Intentionally not posting anything related to my required line.

Hi Prozac.
Batman is cool because he gives me links to that quote where I didn't post in my restriction!

Holy "He really didn't because batman doesn't actually exist", Batman!
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:08 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Alright so if I am following this right, because it was pointed out you broke your PR you got a new PR, fair enough.

As it is we have three days until the deadline. I still do not like KE's style, but then again maybe that is all it is, style more then tell. My original vote today was on charter/danger/sthar8, and I have no qualms about putting it back there. However, I would like to know from those that are voting different people, if it came down to deadline time, would you switch your vote to sthar8 or whomever might have the most votes on them at the time and why?

sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:40 am

Post by sthar8 »

Anything, guys? Deadline is creeping up on us.

If anyone has any questions for me, I'd be glad to answer them.

I've made my case on scum, but I'll move my vote late tomorrow if I need to, because I won't be in town on the day of the deadline and I don't think no-lynch is a good play.

Note the lurking from gremwell.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:41 am

Post by wolframnhart »

where would you be moving your vote to tomorrow if it came down to that sthar8?

sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:02 am

Post by sthar8 »

Probably KE. I don't think he's as strong a lynch as gremwell, but it looks like if no one else is convinced I'll have a choice between KE and myself as probable lynches. Since I know that I'm a townie, the right play is to vote KE, especially since I won't be around for any last-minute changes.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Gremwell »

my vote would go to sthar8, KE's super tunnel vision seems like way too bad a play to be scum, and we've lynched 2 town already on incredibly bad play.

sthar8 wrote:Note the lurking from gremwell.
there are 5 other people playing this game who haven't posted between these posts
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:55 am

Post by sthar8 »

Gremwell wrote:there are 5 other people playing this game who haven't posted between these posts
Ummm, only if you count the dead. Everybody but kloud has posted since the last time you did, and your content level dropped off much before then. It's good to know that you can still pop up to "defend" yourself with some unsupported assertion, even if you're not interested in catching scum.

Why the hell aren't you voting for me? With your recent stance on KE, I'm clearly your only suspect (though you haven't given any reasons). So why not put your money where your mouth is? Are you afraid that when I flip town the others will take a good, hard look at your ridiculous defenses and lack of reasoning? Get your hands dirty, scum.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:15 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Okay, here are my reasonings for suspecting charter/danger/sthar8:

1) Charter's after-the-fact admonishing of everyone who voted for ABR.

charter wrote:What part of if you weren't an idiot you wouldn't have wanted him lynched don't you understand. As bus driver, attracting a vig kill makes PERFECT SENSE. Nothing he did yesterday was anti-town if you have a brain and can think.

LAL is possibly the dumbest policy I've ever seen in a mafia game.

My feline feelings are saddened because you can't get your role that you were on the outside.

Anyhow, Godot is still scum.
vote Godot
His abrasive attitude and the ad homs were uncalled for, while the "I-told-you-so's," as Grimmy had referred to them, provided no contributory value to the game whatsoever, save for getting others frustrated. Furthermore, the whole situation of him blowing his top so dramatically gave me the impression of a player simply trying to look pro-town by distancing himself from the lynch of a pro-town power role. The excessive emphasis on the fact that he wasn't on the wagon and everyone who had contributed to the ABR lynch was stupid made a significant impression on my opinion of charter. I address charter in Post 226 regarding his initial post of Day 2, so refer to this if needed.

2)

charter wrote:Lets claw Godot already.
kloud1516 wrote:
@ Charter: why are you in such a rush to lynch? We aren't close to a deadline, and imo there could still information and opinions from others that could be helpful. Tunnel vision and short days aren't going to help us hit scum.
I did not like this. Not at all. Charter is pushing for Godot's lynch after only getting TWO pages into Day 2. As I stated above, we were nowhere close to a deadline, and there was still plenty of information we could have gotten out of Day 2 at this point. The suggestion of a lynch so quickly after the beginning of a new day just didn't sit well with me, and neither did his tunnel vision, both of which I pointed out. He responds with:

kloud1516 wrote:
charter wrote:
kloud1516 wrote:Tunnel vision and short days aren't going to help us hit scum.
Ironic considering you and Godot were in such a hurry to lynch ABR. No one has anything new to say it seems, or at least they aren't posting it if they do, no sense in waiting around when Godot is scum. Claw him.
Funny how you can omit the other five people that voted for ABR, as well as the fact that while Day 1 was nine pages with generally everyone participating, Day 2 has lasted about 2 pages with only about 3 or 4 people consistantly talking. I love how you keep bringing up the ABR mislynch, as arguing about the fact that a mistake was made has gotten us nowhere.

A weak (at best) tu quoque, where he once again tries to pull the discussion back into the ABR mislynch. My response can be seen above.

3)
kloud1516 wrote:
pwnz wrote:
Charter wrote:
Question for you and the rest of the pwnz wagon. What has he done that's scummy? I agree he's being unhelpful, but as far as I can tell, he hasn't done anything scummy. Please enlighten me.

In response to Charter's question: My reasoning provided in post 310 should suffice. If it doesn't, then I apologize, but that is where my vote is staying for the time being.

In addition to my post 310, add this post of pwnz's and his post 324 to my reasoning, as he continues to avoid answering my questions/responding to any of my comments. Stonewalling might assist you in evading slip ups, but it also continues to speed the deterioration of the doubt that is left in my mind.

Second of all ~Posts 334-350 concerning the back-and-forth between Charter and zoneace: Really guys, really? Both of you have been dropping ad homs on each other off and on since late Day 1, which really isn't productive at all. Take a few breaths, calm down, and let's all get back to this game of mafia at hand. Yes? No? My diagnosis: don't take things so seriously, it is just a game. That is my two cents, and now I am not going to bring it up again.

More to come a little later.
Once again, charter is dropping in and claims that he can't find anything scummy about pwnz's play, even though there had been a great deal of accumulated content at this point that provided reasoning for finding pwnz scummy. At the time, I was almost 100 percent certain that pwnz was scum, based off the logic I provided, but now I see this as yet another example of charter trying to set himself up for another distancing tactic. Momentum against pwnz was beginning to accumulate, and charter's seeming ignorance as to why players found pwnz to be scummy is very telling in my opinion.

So, in order to reitorate, my suspicions stem from these traits of charter's play:

>The explosion on all those that voted for ABR.
>The after the fact/I told you so cases/rants he used; for this simply looks to be nothing more than a player trying to distance himself from a wagon to look more pro-town.
>The intermittent ad hom attacks. Yes, I will acknowledge that charter was not the only player to employ them into his posts, but they still did not provide benefit to the town, and he was the first person to call others out for using them.
>The push for an early Day 2 lynch.
>The refusal of getting over the ABR lynch, and continuing attempts to try and draw the town back to this point.
>The "ignorance" of why others found pwnz to be scummy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to this, my suspicions of charter/danger/your alignment is only put into further questioning by KE's actions. The primary case he leveled against me in regards to being the sole pusher of the mass character claim was and is utterly fallacious for thorough reasoning I provided against the argument in posts 432 and onward. Despite his accusations having no factual foundation, I couldn't help but notice that KE breezed right over the fact that it was actually charter who, from the get-go, had suggested a mass character claim.

He built this case against me, claiming that I orchestrated and pushed vehemently for the mass claim, when it was charter who had done so. Of course, he also neglected to mention others such as pwnz and Grimmy who had supported the mass claim early, but I feel that this was because they were both dead at this point, and proven to be town, thus making me one of the last people he could try to pin this on. I feel KE's avoidance of tying charter/then-danger into his case could very well be an indication to two scum in this game.

I realize that this does not tie into charter's actions, but it is a rather large proponent of my suspicions against you at this point, so I thought I would list it.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:21 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@Gremwell

Is there anyone you find suspicious enough to place your vote on? I haven't seen you do much in that area.

kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 am

Post by kloud1516 »

EBWOP. I screwed up the chain post because I deleted pwnz's little bit below and forgot to do so in the code. Here is the post in its entirety.
kloud1516 wrote:
pwnz wrote:
Charter wrote:Question for you and the rest of the pwnz wagon. What has he done that's scummy? I agree he's being unhelpful, but as far as I can tell, he hasn't done anything scummy. Please enlighten me.
Ouch, you hurt my feelings. Godot is still mafia, though.
In response to Charter's question: My reasoning provided in post 310 should suffice. If it doesn't, then I apologize, but that is where my vote is staying for the time being.

In addition to my post 310, add this post of pwnz's and his post 324 to my reasoning, as he continues to avoid answering my questions/responding to any of my comments. Stonewalling might assist you in evading slip ups, but it also continues to speed the deterioration of the doubt that is left in my mind.

Second of all ~Posts 334-350 concerning the back-and-forth between Charter and zoneace: Really guys, really? Both of you have been dropping ad homs on each other off and on since late Day 1, which really isn't productive at all. Take a few breaths, calm down, and let's all get back to this game of mafia at hand. Yes? No? My diagnosis: don't take things so seriously, it is just a game. That is my two cents, and now I am not going to bring it up again.

More to come a little later.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by sthar8 »

EBWOP: Meow. Meow. Meow Meow Meow. Sorry :oops:

Kloud: Thanks, I'll do my best.

1) I'm honestly surprised charter survived day 2 after this. The only minor defense I can muster is that despite what he said, charter never expressed that particluar opinion before ABR was lynched. If he were scum, it would've made more sense for him to be seen opposing a townie-lynch than it would to be confrontational after the fact. The way he presented his side actually minimized any advantage that he could gain as scum. He didn't use the "I-told-you-so" as a case or even an indication of his own credibility, and scum should be trying
not
to draw large amounts of negative attention and hostility to themselves. As for his atitude and personal attacks, I don't see any real scum advantage to be gained here, and they
were
mostly the result of escalation caused by inflammatory comments made by others. I'd take this more as a tell toward maturity level than alignment.

2) Charter was feeling intense frustration at this point. He became suspicious of Godot very early in day 1, only to have his (less than cogent) arguments dismissed offhand. After that, the town embarked on a wagon that he (ostensibly) felt strongly opposed to, which ended in a mislynch. This vindicated his feelings, but when he tried to express this he was effectively laughed down and called stupid. In his view, the town had been wasting time for a good chunk of the last two days, and he felt that godot was obviously suspicious (as I do, though for different reasons). I believe charter felt that any more time spent discussing would be a waste, as the town had proven that (in his eyes) it's discussion was inferior to his observations. His dickish attitude was a result of this feeling, and I believe that it was this frustration and his subsequent humiliation at Zoneace's hands that caused him to leave the game.

3) You're overlooking something here. Pwnz
agreed
with charter. You were attacking pwnz for basically announcing that he agreed with the godot wagon, but it was charter that he agreed with. Feeling embattled by his immature spat with zoneace, charter wasn't about to attack the people on his side. His defensive attitude suggests that he was thinking much more in terms of "us vs them" than "find the scum." In addition, I find it not improbable that he actually didn't understand the case on pwnz. No offence, but you response to him was hardly encouraging. You basically told him that he wasn't reading carefully enough, then pointed him to a post that could pass for a short novel. The post in question was hardly concise, and it's rather trying to read much of your content at once because of your new PR. Since this was around the same time he was replaced, it's possible that charter never even read that post.

As for KE's actions, I think you're misunderstanding his case against you. From:
KE wrote:The fact that you were asking for mass claims with everyone else made you seem scummy like everyone else that did it, gut the DEFENSE OF GODOT WHICH I HAVE CALLED YOU ON
I gather that he found everyone pushing for massclaims suspicious, but you more so because you didn't agree with him about godot. This explains why he never attacked charter, because they were both suspicious of godot.

I understand that much of charter's play was really terrible, and I'm not advocating allowing one's emotions to rule, but the things he did don't really provide all that much advantage to scum.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Gremwell »

I really have no problem voting

vote: sthar8

I was hoping for something more pertinent to come up today rather than vote mostly on days passed.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

sthar8 wrote:As for KE's actions, I think you're misunderstanding his case against you. From:
KE wrote:The fact that you were asking for mass claims with everyone else made you seem scummy like everyone else that did it, gut the DEFENSE OF GODOT WHICH I HAVE CALLED YOU ON
I gather that he found everyone pushing for massclaims suspicious, but you more so because you didn't agree with him about godot. This explains why he never attacked charter, because they were both suspicious of godot.

I understand that much of charter's play was really terrible, and I'm not advocating allowing one's emotions to rule, but the things he did don't really provide all that much advantage to scum.
kloud1516 wrote:
King Enigma wrote:gut the DEFENSE OF GODOT WHICH I HAVE CALLED YOU ON, and just gecause you decide that "that wasnt what i was doing" doesnt mean I guy it. I know Godot is scum,
you gasically admit that he is scum
gut defend him coupled with the fact that you wanted the mass claim
(like a gunch of people did, sure, gut I found them all scummy)
is why i find you as scum.
1) Where did I ever admit that Godot was scum? Show me. Give me the exact post in which I say that I feel that Godot is scum. I have already addressed every single post that you have tried to weave into your distorted arguments, so I want to see where I say this. If you can provide a post that I haven't already refuted your case on multiple times, then I will eat these words.

2) The second bolded/color-coded/underlined section just broke my scumdar. Never in this thread have you accused anyone that agreed to the massclaim as scummy, except for me who you accused of pushing it even though I have proved that false. This seems to me like you are trying to make yourself look better to the town after you have been caught in a lie, and I want everyone to take notice of this. KE never voiced suspicion of Charter for pushing for a mass claim from the get go, but accused me of doing it; he never said anything about Grimmy's acceptance; never said anything about pwnz either--all of whom had been discussing the idea before me.

You never said you found any of them scummy, yet now when the votes are stacked against you, and after you have made such a fallacious case against me, you are going to say that they were scummy to you as well. Interesting.
No, KE never claimed to find anyone suspicious of pushing for the mass claim except me until one of the last posts within that back-and-forth. Never in the thread had he expressed suspicion against anyone save Godot, and then me, but he comes in with the post that both you and I have provided. I do not think I have misunderstood this case. I continued to inquire as to why he neglected all other players that had pushed for the mass claim before I had said anything about it, and he continued to avoid commenting. He then provides this, which completely contradicts all things he had said before this.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”