wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

unvote, vote ooba

First you say you don't want to random vote, then you vote Nat on page three. When i ask you about it, you say it isn't a random vote, but never explain why you voted for him. Next you unvote Nat, again with no explanation, and now 2 pages later you jump on the Charter wagon with, once again, no explanation of why.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day One Vote Count #5

4 charter (Yaw, forbiddanlight, Caboose, ooba)
2 Natirasha (Natirasha, SensFan)
1 Caboose (Seraphim)
1 ooba (wolframnhart)
1 SensFan (Electra)
1 ShadowGirl (charter)
1 SocioPath (ShadowGirl)
1 wolframnhart (MafiaSSK)
1 Yaw (RandomGem)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to No-Lynch. Deadline October 22, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 1 – SocioPath

Mod Note: Unvotes are not required in this game; I can tell that you mean to unvote when you vote another player. If any prods seem necessary, please feel free to point that out.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by ooba »

wolframnhart wrote:
unvote, vote ooba

First you say you don't want to random vote, then you vote Nat on page three. When i ask you about it, you say it isn't a random vote, but never explain why you voted for him. Next you unvote Nat, again with no explanation, and now 2 pages later you jump on the Charter wagon with, once again, no explanation of why.
I thought it was quite obvious - I voted nat cause he hadn't posted in the thread till then, unvoted after he had posted and hopped on to the charter wagon for pressure ..
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

1)no it was not obvious, and I don't see the point of voting someone if you aren't stating why, because then it could be for any reason you come up with, much like your reason for the Nat vote.

2)Why do you feel charter needs pressure? because that is where three other votes where before yours? or do you have any other reason aside from following a few people on this one?
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Awesome, I am now the only person not voting.

Lets change that shall we?

wolframnhart stated it already, but at this point, I think that ooba's indecisive wagon hopping is only matched by his statement of refusing to random vote. Both alone are harmless, but matched together, rubs the wrong way.

Vote: ooba
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by charter »

Oh boy, I seem to be picking up votes like it's my job. The reason why I think Sens is town is the way he's arguing about completely pointless things (in my opinion) which he did against scum in another game I was in with him.

I will also join the ooba wagon since the SG one never materialized (which probably means a loss for the town).

unvote, vote ooba
I only agree with his being too wagon hopping happy.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Yaw »

charter wrote:The reason why I think Sens is town is the way he's arguing about completely pointless things (in my opinion) which he did against scum in another game I was in with him.
1 -- Arguing about completely pointless things for too long is what was stopping us from getting a good bandwagon going, and actually heading into the scumhunting phase. It isn't necessarily a good thing.

2 -- How many games have you played with Sens? Enough to determine that this is a consistent town meta from him? Have you played games in which he was scum, in which he established a consistent scum meta of the opposite? Why is Sens having done something once in the past sufficient evidence to strongly believe he's town on page 5 of a game in which nothing had happened?
Success breeds suspicion
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by ooba »

charter wrote:A Sens wagon would be dumb, he is town I am fairly sure.
This is why carter needs pressure..
wolf wrote:1)no it was not obvious, and I don't see the point of voting someone if you aren't stating why, because then it could be for any reason you come up with, much like your reason for the Nat vote.
And I do not see the point of stating a reason as to why i voted when it was quite obvious - Nat hadn't posted so it was a pressure/prod vote
SocioPath wrote:wolframnhart stated it already, but at this point, I think that
ooba's indecisive wagon hopping
is only matched by his statement of refusing to random vote. Both alone are harmless, but matched together, rubs the wrong way.
Where have i been indecisive?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by charter »

@SG, we need to lynch you before you can pull your alignment changing wizardry :P

1- Agreed. Also, there are plenty of others doing this (to a greater degree) as well.
2- I've only played in one game with him, but I've read several other games he's been in, so I do feel confident in my read (for page 5). That's the best I had to go on when I posted it. Is it set in stone? Of course not.

Going back and rereading a little and some questions,
forbidden, why wait so long to vote me?
Caboose, why only vote after Yaw tells you to? Not even going to wait for my answer? Already decided you don't like it, eh?
ooba, going to vote me for pressure, but what are you even pressuring me for? Or was I just randomly picked?

Wish there had been something else to question upon since my last post. I'm actually amazed that I'm catching flack for that one statement, when most of my posts are saying 'wagon her' or 'don't wagon him'.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:26 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Aw, charter, you know I wouldn't do that to you again. <3

Unvote.

Hm, not knowing Sens playstyle I'll take that meta with a grain of salt. Bah, I'll post more once I get back from school.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

forbidden, why wait so long to vote me?
Wasn't that long. I was still torn between Sens Fan and you at the time. And also distracted while I was posting. Also, last time someone asserted someone else was town, they were masons. But, I disregarded that for the fact that you could still use pressure.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:52 am

Post by SensFan »

Yaw wrote:1 -- Arguing about completely pointless things for too long is what was stopping us from getting a good bandwagon going, and actually heading into the scumhunting phase. It isn't necessarily a good thing.
I'd disagree with that, actually. I think it led to some discussion, at least, which was not occuring before I pressured Nat. Obviously I'm not willing to lynch Nat based on a self-vote, but its an early wagon, like any other.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Caboose »

@charter

charter wrote:Caboose, why only vote after Yaw tells you to?

Because I agree with him in the fact that your wagon deserves merit after you say that you are "fairly sure" that Sens is town on pg. 5.
charter wrote:Already decided you don't like it, eh?
No, I never said that. My vote isn't set in stone and it can be changed (and with how ooba has been acting, it very well might).

To my understanding, the purpose of bandwagons is to see how people act under pressure. Without enough people on the bandwagon, it kind of losses that purpose. No need to get defensive about it. My purpose of playing MafiaScum isn't to get you lynched on D1 of every game that I play with you.

@ooba:

ooba wrote:I thought it was quite obvious - I voted nat cause he hadn't posted in the thread till then, unvoted after he had posted and hopped on to the charter wagon for pressure ..
As much as I want to be one, I'm not a mindreader. I don't have some psychic force that can reach through my computer, poke out of your computer, and read your mind for the reason of your vote. I like to have reasons.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Caboose »

Wow, I really bungled that one.

@charter

charter wrote:Caboose, why only vote after Yaw tells you to?
Because I agree with him in the fact that your wagon deserves merit after you say that you are "fairly sure" that Sens is town on pg. 5.
charter wrote:Already decided you don't like it, eh?
No, I never said that. My vote isn't set in stone and it can be changed (and with how ooba has been acting, it very well might).

To my understanding, the purpose of bandwagons is to see how people act under pressure. Without enough people on the bandwagon, it kind of losses that purpose. No need to get defensive about it. My purpose of playing MafiaScum isn't to get you lynched on D1 of every game that I play with you.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Natirasha »

So...are we done discussing my meta?
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Yaw »

Pretty much.

I really don't see the ooba-wagon. I mean, I figured out what ooba was doing without needing to be drawn a road map. I don't get why others had issues. I also find it rather suspicious that the ooba-wagon formed right after the first bandwagon of the game was starting to get going, and seems to have sucked off any momentum.
FOS: wolframnhart
for that.
Success breeds suspicion
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:16 am

Post by wolframnhart »

So you are upset that I had a problem with ooba's voting methods and took away from a wagon that you wanted to happen? And how was it the first band wagon? Wouldn't you call the first band wagon Nat's, then charter, then ooba?

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:21 am

Post by charter »

@Caboose, I took this to mean that you wanted me to explain why I was so confident Sens is town on page 5.
Caboose wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Nope. But it was sure fun. Thinking on it, the way charter is pushing pro town sens is unsettling.

Unvote, vote charter
I would like to know why charter is so confident that Sens is town on page 4. Please.
Then you go to voting me without giving me a chance to explain. It seemed, to me, that you'd already decided that my declaration was enough to warrent a vote, regardless of my explanation. The only thing in between your first request and your vote was Yaw telling you to vote me.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:46 am

Post by SensFan »

wolframnhart wrote:So you are upset that I had a problem with ooba's voting methods and took away from a wagon that you wanted to happen?
Sounds like it. For the record, that's a genuine reason for him to be upset.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Yaw »

wolframnhart wrote:So you are upset that I had a problem with ooba's voting methods and took away from a wagon that you wanted to happen? And how was it the first band wagon? Wouldn't you call the first band wagon Nat's, then charter, then ooba?
Two votes do not make a bandwagon, and there were only ever two votes on Natirasha at one time. Concurrently, there were also two votes on Sens, and a variety of others (including myself) had two votes on them due to random voting. So no, Natirasha was certainly not the first bandwagon, and given Natirasha's consistency in voting for himself, a bandwagon on him at that time had little merit. The charter-wagon is the first bandwagon of the game that is based on anything approaching evidence.

My actual concern isn't that another bandwagon happened. It's that it occurred right after the fourth vote, at the point when the charter-wagon could actually be called a bandwagon, and was directed at ooba for...well, voting. (What did you really expect him to say? Two people had already explained why what charter said was suspicious, and it was based on one sentence. Do you really expect everyone voting on a bandwagon to repeat the same evidence over and over?) Given the timing and lack of justification for the ooba-wagon, I could see it as an attempt to deliberately derail the charter-wagon. If so, that is definitely suspicious.
Success breeds suspicion
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Yaw wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:So you are upset that I had a problem with ooba's voting methods and took away from a wagon that you wanted to happen? And how was it the first band wagon? Wouldn't you call the first band wagon Nat's, then charter, then ooba?
Two votes do not make a bandwagon, and there were only ever two votes on Natirasha at one time. Concurrently, there were also two votes on Sens, and a variety of others (including myself) had two votes on them due to random voting. So no, Natirasha was certainly not the first bandwagon, and given Natirasha's consistency in voting for himself, a bandwagon on him at that time had little merit. The charter-wagon is the first bandwagon of the game that is based on anything approaching evidence.

My actual concern isn't that another bandwagon happened. It's that it occurred right after the fourth vote, at the point when the charter-wagon could actually be called a bandwagon, and was directed at ooba for...well, voting. (What did you really expect him to say? Two people had already explained why what charter said was suspicious, and it was based on one sentence. Do you really expect everyone voting on a bandwagon to repeat the same evidence over and over?) Given the timing and lack of justification for the ooba-wagon, I could see it as an attempt to deliberately derail the charter-wagon. If so, that is definitely suspicious.
1)If you count Nat's vote on himself, which i do a vote is a vote, there were three votes on him at any given time before people voted charter.
2)I don't care if he regurgitates his reason is the same as another persons, it is a reason, and that is the point. I am not going to guess why someone votes another person if they don't say why, they just vote and expect us to know why.
3)If you want to go on his voting partern, forbiddenlight voted nat first for not posting, then he second vote was ooba's. then ooba unvotes because nat posts (if you want to take ooba's reasoning as to why he voted in the first place) then he just goes ahead and votes charter because everyone else was. Even if he agreed with their reasoning he could have at least said so, because all i see right now is him voting where ever anyone else is at the time he reads the post.

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

My meta on Charter says that he is scum.
Vote charter
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

MafiaSSK wrote:My meta on Charter says that he is scum.
Vote charter
What's your meta on him?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by SensFan »

wolframnhart wrote:2)I don't care if he regurgitates his reason is the same as another persons, it is a reason, and that is the point. I am not going to guess why someone votes another person if they don't say why, they just vote and expect us to know why.
You're on your own on that one, then. Don't expect people to parrot other's reasoning, when its pretty clear why they're voting, like in this case.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

ShadowGirl wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:My meta on Charter says that he is scum.
Vote charter
What's your meta on him?
Mini 530 and 614
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”