WaltWishbone (1)
- Darox

Not Voting (4) - DrippingGoofball, Battle Mage, DarlaBlueEyes, ClockworkRuse

Nine
votes to lynch.

The
deadline
is about 4 days away.
Last edited by destructor on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by charter »

SleepyPanda wrote:
charter wrote:SP, why are you defending BM so fiercely?
Because I'm sharing my thoughts. My post to sekinj isn't even defending BM as much as it is questioning sekinj's reasoning.

And why are you so ready to jump on his wagon? You're taking a gamble to see whether he's scum or not, but then again, you're scum as well so it probably wouldn't matter to you either way.

Your lover has been pushing his lynch for awhile now, and you have not changed your vote on him until now, which I'm assuming is because he hasn't convinced you BM is scum, yet this does?
Whoa there. Where am I "so ready to jump on his wagon?" I don't know where you're getting all this Charter is going to vote BM stuff from when there seems to be some good evidence coming up against you.

Here is an example of some actually scummy behavior, not whatever you invented against me and Ceph.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

charter wrote:
SleepyPanda wrote:
charter wrote:SP, why are you defending BM so fiercely?
Because I'm sharing my thoughts. My post to sekinj isn't even defending BM as much as it is questioning sekinj's reasoning.

And why are you so ready to jump on his wagon? You're taking a gamble to see whether he's scum or not, but then again, you're scum as well so it probably wouldn't matter to you either way.

Your lover has been pushing his lynch for awhile now, and you have not changed your vote on him until now, which I'm assuming is because he hasn't convinced you BM is scum, yet this does?
Whoa there. Where am I "so ready to jump on his wagon?" I don't know where you're getting all this Charter is going to vote BM stuff from when there seems to be some good evidence coming up against you.

Here is an example of some actually scummy behavior, not whatever you invented against me and Ceph.
I confused your Crazy's post with yours.
charter wrote:
Darox wrote:
Vote: WaltWishbone

I've found some scum guys!
No, you haven't.

WWB is a genious. There is the proof of scum from daytalking, not me and ceph.
This is destructor's first post time for our thread. I imagine all town's is the same (give or take a few minutes) 08-03-2008 10:07 PM ET (US).
This post, then Crazy saying the exact same thing then voting him.

You're not voting him, but this alone has convinced you that he is scum. "Proof as scum", what else does that imply?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Crazy »

ThAdmiral wrote:@crazy: I agree that we should test the theory, although admit that you picked battle mage because he already has a pile of votes on him.
BM/CWR has been my second pick after Charter/Ceph for a while now.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:53 am

Post by sekinj »

dang it.
Unvote, Vote: BM
undang it.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

I am willing to test this theory on BM, my second suspect, but I would still be wary of following it through for the rest of the game - I can't help feel that by playing the mod in this way, we may be walking into a trap specifically aimed to prevent this kind of play.
unvote; Vote BM
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

I can honestly say I hope we didn't just catch all the scum. 'Cause that would be a really lame way for the game to end. Shrug.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:08 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Cephrir wrote:I can honestly say I hope we didn't just catch all the scum. 'Cause that would be a really lame way for the game to end. Shrug.
I think the game is far from over, Sekinj/Neko are my top town read and I am not just going to vote for them on times alone.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Indeed - this is why I would also be reluctant to go on it. Sekinj and neko as the only people I vaguely trust apart from Crazy right now.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:59 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

unvote, vote: bm
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by armlx »

Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Crazy »

WaltWishbone wrote:
Cephrir wrote:I can honestly say I hope we didn't just catch all the scum. 'Cause that would be a really lame way for the game to end. Shrug.
I think the game is far from over, Sekinj/Neko are my top town read and I am not just going to vote for them on times alone.
If BM turns up scum, especially mafia scum, I am. I've had trouble with reading Sekinj/Neko this game, since Neko has been my top town read and Sekinj has been my top scum read... so they've ended up near the middle this whole time. Huh.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by neko2086 »

So are we just lining up policy lynches now?
Crazy wrote:since Neko has been my top town read and Sekinj has been my top scum read
Really? That's not what I've seen from you.
I pick Battle Mage out of those 3 pairs since he is the most likely to be scum, anyway
Vote: charter

I'm not letting this lynch go down the toilet. He's been one of my top suspects since Day 1. We can lynch BM tomorrow.
BM/CWR has been my second pick after Charter/Ceph for a while now.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but before the daytalk was posted, Sek was only on your radar once early on in the game (sometime before your self-vote). So, if she's been your top scum pick this whole time, why let others get in the way? I know you've pegged me as most town, but it seems that if you
really
thought she was scum, it wouldn't have mattered who her partner was. This is part of a discussion that happened early on in the game, I suppose.
In Tartiflette We Trust
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

Adding a little more reasoning and further explanation to my previous post on why I feel BM/CW is the best lynch "today".
WaltWishbone wrote:
SleepyPanda wrote:
WaltWishbone wrote:
VOTE: BattleMage

For the last few weeks, there have not been any tangible and/or reasonable "scum" cases other than Charter/Cephrir and Battlemage/CW presented within this game in my opinion. I am starting to agree that Charter/Ceprir's reaction is more likely to be fustrated townie then scum. I still have questions however, I do not think they are a good lynch. I think if you connect the dots; Battlemage is the best lynch today. His relentless pursuit of crazy is odd to say the least, the fact that he took so long to present his daytalk and yet it still seems contrived as well as thin. He has been quite clearly an active lurker, barely avoiding prods and contribuitng little to the scumhunt. I am not completely convinced they are mafia partners with Sekinj/Neko, but I do feel they are the most likely scum.
I like how almost all your decisions are affected by the mod's daytalk time even though you say this,
WaltWishbone wrote: Thanks, but I tend to agree with Armix for the most part. I don't think it's that cut and dry a scumtell, I think we need more connections to build a case as convincing as the one Adel built against Ice in my opinion.
I just spent the last hour re-reading and the evidence is stacked against BM/CW if you connect the dots and in my opinion it is the right lynch. I could elaborate more and will after others contribute, but I have spent far too much time on this game today already and have made my thought process known by posting in the thread as the day has progressed.
First and foremost; I want to reiterate I think the "daytalk times" send us in a good direction to create a discussion and search for scum, however I think a case needs to be made against any "suspect" if we want to have a responsible lynch. I think this is a critical point in the game and we should be very careful in our choices. I think we need to "connect the dots" and build a good case before anyone else gets lynched.

I think most people would agree the only two cases presented the last few weeks with any kind of merit have been against BM/CW and Charter/Cephrir. It has been stated by several people, one of the main reasons for both wagons has been their reluctance in posting daytalk. Although Charter/Cephrir did take quite some time to post and did so in a manner that was difficult for everyone to read, as well as seeming contrived due to the way it was presented; after re-reading it does contain more substance then I originally believed. It is difficult to gauge with complete certainty; but their reactions to their wagon can come across as frustrated "townie", as much or more so then suspected "scum". I am not ready to declare them town by any means, however I do think they deserve a benefit of the doubt.

The points against BM/CW are much stronger in many ways; their reluctance to post daytalk has driven them farther into the lurker tree, barely avoiding prods as oppossed to arguing the issues and fighting against what they believe is an injustice. It is a very different reaction, perhaps even unusual then that of Charter/Cephrir. Their daytalk is also extremely thin and does not seem to match that of the game thread in many cases.

*I added the times to BM/CW daytalk
Battle Mage wrote: Post 1: 08-03-2008 09:42 PM ET (US)
- Post 1: Mod welcomes EA and SSF to quicktopic.
Post 2: 08-06-2008 01:41 AM ET (US)
- Post 2: EA says he recieved the link, and asks where SSF is.
Who is EA asking about SSF? It seems odd he would ask the Moderator here three days later, so is he talking to his scum partners?
Post 3: 08-08-2008 10:44 AM ET (US)
- Post 3: SSF says hello, and claims that secret scumtell is probably fabricated.
Post 4: 08-20-2008 12:18 AM ET (US)
- Post 4: EA bollocks SSF for acting scummy.
I went back and re-read the game thread but I really don't see any reason for EA to ask SSF why he is acting scummy? Also, what do they have to worry about if they are not scum?
Post 5: 08-29-2008 12:13 AM ET (US)
- Post 5: Mod announces that I'm replacing SSF.
Post 6: 08-29-2008 09:16 AM ET (US)
- Post 6: I say hi, and comment on what i'd read so far. Finding Adel scummy at this point.
Post 7: 08-29-2008 10:31 AM ET (US)
- Post 7: I ask whether we have claimed yet.
There is something odd about the fact, a little under 1/4 of his posts on 8/28 come before he is even replaced into the game.
Post 8: 08-30-2008 01:19 PM ET (US)
- Post 8: I request prod on EA.
Post 9: 08-31-2008 11:01 AM ET (US)
- Post 9: I rant aggressively about him not talking to me.
Post 10: 09-11-2008 11:48 PM ET (US) (by this point, i'd long lost the link to the QT)
- Post 10: Mod announces ClockworkRuse is replacing EA.
Post 11: 09-16-2008 09:41 PM ET (US
- Post 11: ClockworkRuse asks me for help catching up, rather than reading 60 pages.
This seems to completely contradict this.
ClockworkRuse wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote:Clockwork, could you take a break from rereading and paraphrase your daytalk?
I'd really rather finish reading, I haven't really said anything to BM yet anyways and I've barely looked over the day talk. I'm more focused on forming my own opinions on the game first. He should be able to do it as I'm reading though.
Clockwork wrote this on Sept. 21, 2008 and seems to imply that he wants to read the entire thread and form his
own
opinions, however in daytalk he asks Battlemage and probably "his partners" to do it for him? Clockwork also states that he hasn't really spoken to BM nor read daytalk, however clearly he has seen the daytalk and posted there. It also comes across to me that clockwork feels the daytalk is lengthy, however there are only 11 posts at that point.
Post 12: 09-22-2008 09:39 PM ET (US)
- Post 12: Clockworkruse asks where i am.
Post 13: 09-25-2008 12:06 PM ET (US)
- Post 13: Clockworkruse gets angry at me.
Post 14: 10-01-2008 03:58 AM ET (US)
- Post 14: I come back and bitch about him criticising my activity (this was after he dropped off the face of the earth)
Post 15: 10-04-2008 09:59 AM ET (US)
- Post 15: I ask why he hasnt been replaced yet.
I would think at that point as they both started to collect votes and draw supsicion there would be some type of discussion or at least a question on who is going to do the daytalk. At the very least, why didn't clockwork just post daytalk as oppossed to allowing the supsicion to continue to grow and obviosuley try to stall the town?

There are a few more things; others have mentioned and I commented on briefly in my previous post. There has been quite a bit of discussion whether crazy is "confirmed" town or not, however it seems most everyone agrees since his wagon on day one, he has been extremely "pro-town". There has not been a further case presented on him with any substance and BM's crusade against him comes across as a ploy to remain "consistent" and/or trying to eliminate the closest person we have to "confirmed" town. BM has not contributed to any type of scum hunting or fishing/baiting to try to help find scum other then trying to get crazy lynched. If you go back and read their voting patterns, their predecessors EA/SSF both consistently wagoned with little to no reasoning or contribution; nothing more then a "lets hang anyone" attitude. If you "connect the dots", I really feel strongly BM/CW is the best lynch today.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

How is everyone that is now voting BM based on the mod's first post in daytalk ignoring or not commenting on what I've said?
destructor wrote:I've added daytalking to the setup and will be PMing everyone links to quicktopics.

Also, note that I've amended rules 1 and 12.
This post was made at 9:17 PM. This post is saying he's adding daytalks for
everyone
. That means the daytalks for town AND scum have all been created at 9:17 PM.
WWB wrote:9:42pm - Sekinji/Neko & BattleMage/Clockwork
9:45pm - Armix/Sleepypanda & ?
10:07pm - crazy/KoC, Darox/DGB, ThAd/dbe, Charter/Cephrir, & WWB/RR
These are the times WWB gathered from the mod's first post in each daytalk. If by 9:17 PM, all daytalks have already been created, how does the time when the mod first posts in the daytalk prove anything? At 9:17, all daytalks are made, and the mod tells everyone [bin game[/b] that all the daytalks are open, yet in the actual daytalk topics, he only tells the scum that can use it? This is so completely asinine, it's not even funny.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

Crazy wrote:
WaltWishbone wrote:
If BM turns up scum, especially mafia scum, I am. I've had trouble with reading Sekinj/Neko this game, since Neko has been my top town read and Sekinj has been my top scum read... so they've ended up near the middle this whole time. Huh.
I actually find Sekinj slightly less supsect, however I find neither really scummy. How come Sekinj is your top scum read?

@Armix - lol, great link.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

WWB wrote:Who is EA asking about SSF? It seems odd he would ask the Moderator here three days later, so is he talking to his scum partners?
Why is this odd? To me, after 3 days of his lover not saying anything, EA was unsure whether or not SSF had gotten the daytalk topic and was asking for clarification. If you look at SSF's post in this game, he has made posts on 8-04. If he was posting in game on the 4th, and does not post in the daytalk all the way until 8-06, would that not be a valid question to ask?
This is valid. But then again, charter and Ceph have done the same thing. Ceph was advising charter to not push too hard for (someone's, if forget who) lynch or else it will seem like OMGUS, if I recall.
WWB wrote:There is something odd about the fact, a little under 1/4 of his posts on 8/28 come before he is even replaced into the game.
I don't quite understand this. Can you rephrase it?
WWB wrote:
Post 10: 09-11-2008 11:48 PM ET (US) (by this point, i'd long lost the link to the QT)
- Post 11: ClockworkRuse asks me for help catching up, rather than reading 60 pages.
ClockworkRuse wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote:Clockwork, could you take a break from rereading and paraphrase your daytalk?
I'd really rather finish reading, I haven't really said anything to BM yet anyways and I've barely looked over the day talk. I'm more focused on forming my own opinions on the game first. He should be able to do it as I'm reading though.
Clockwork wrote this on Sept. 21, 2008 and seems to imply that he wants to read the entire thread and form his
own
opinions, however in daytalk he asks Battlemage and probably "his partners" to do it for him? Clockwork also states that he hasn't really spoken to BM nor read daytalk, however clearly he has seen the daytalk and posted there. It also comes across to me that clockwork feels the daytalk is lengthy, however there are only 11 posts at that point.
You seem to be reaching. Can this not also be explained if CW asked for BM's help at 9-17, post 11 in daytalk, and after BM has not responded in the daytalk, he thus has to reread all pages on his own, which would explain his response to RR? Where do you get that he has not read daytalk when in the same post you're quoting has him saying he skimmed the daytalk?

I agree with you that BM and CW have not really partcipated as much after they both replaced in, but I do not see this as a definitive reason to change my vote on them. They are becoming what ThAdmiral and DBE have been the entire game.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Crazy »

neko wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but before the daytalk was posted, Sek was only on your radar once early on in the game (sometime before your self-vote). So, if she's been your top scum pick this whole time, why let others get in the way? I know you've pegged me as most town, but it seems that if you really thought she was scum, it wouldn't have mattered who her partner was. This is part of a discussion that happened early on in the game, I suppose.
This is correct. But when I learned she was paired with you, that completely threw me off. If this wasn't a lovers' game, I'd definitely have been pushing for her lynch this whole time.

Sekinj had about the worst reasons in the game for wagoning me early Day 1. After I already had posted what I thought the tell was, she was still bugging on that I was making it up, and so on.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Crazy »

Panda, Clockwork's refusal to post daytalk = 100% scum. That's enough for me.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

Crazy wrote:Panda, Clockwork's refusal to post daytalk = 100% scum. That's enough for me.
And it's not enough for me. The possibility of him not having realized that everyone else has already agreed to post daytalk is enough of a doubt that I don't want to switch my vote off someone who I believe is confirmed scum.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

SleepyPanda wrote:
WWB wrote:Who is EA asking about SSF? It seems odd he would ask the Moderator here three days later, so is he talking to his scum partners?
Why is this odd? To me, after 3 days of his lover not saying anything, EA was unsure whether or not SSF had gotten the daytalk topic and was asking for clarification. If you look at SSF's post in this game, he has made posts on 8-04. If he was posting in game on the 4th, and does not post in the daytalk all the way until 8-06, would that not be a valid question to ask?
It is reads to me like he is talking to "partners".
This is valid. But then again, charter and Ceph have done the same thing. Ceph was advising charter to not push too hard for (someone's, if forget who) lynch or else it will seem like OMGUS, if I recall.
I could not find him doing anything scummy that warrants that question being asked in the first place. It seems to contradict the game thread and seems contrived.
WWB wrote:There is something odd about the fact, a little under 1/4 of his posts on 8/28 come before he is even replaced into the game.
I don't quite understand this. Can you rephrase it?
He claims not to have been welcomed into the daytalk thread until 8/29, however he is clearly posting in the game thread on 8/28. I am making two points here; one that he has not posted/contibuted much this whole game (sarcasm) and many of his post come on the 28th before he was even in the game. Secondly, in daytalk he is not even added to the game until the 29th.
WWB wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:
own
You seem to be reaching. Can this not also be explained if CW asked for BM's help at 9-17, post 11 in daytalk, and after BM has not responded in the daytalk, he thus has to reread all pages on his own, which would explain his response to RR? Where do you get that he has not read daytalk when in the same post you're quoting has him saying he skimmed the daytalk?

I agree with you that BM and CW have not really partcipated as much after they both replaced in, but I do not see this as a definitive reason to change my vote on them. They are becoming what ThAdmiral and DBE have been the entire game.
This is far from reaching this is a big contradiction; clockwork clearly states he wants to form his own opinion in teh game thread, however he asks Battlemage to paraphrase it for him in daytalk. Also not reading the daytalk is not the point I am tryin to make, the point is he implys that there is a a lot to read. Clockwork stalled and it is something several people have pointed out during teh course of the game.

I guess I feel the same way about a Charter/Cephrir lynch as you do about BM/CW, I just have too much of a doubt to make that vote. I have too much of a doubt on ThAd/dbe to cast a vote in their direction as well. Nobody has presented a convincing enough case against either.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by armlx »

I agree with not Panda.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by armlx »

EBWODP: Except the part about Charter being angry town.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by destructor »

Timestamps have no correlation with alignment.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by sekinj »

i think that was an official bitch slap from the mod.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”