Mini 660 - Star Trek: DS9 Mafia (Ruined = Over)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:43 am

Post by farside22 »

td wrote:Fair enough, recruiting is indeed a point I missed.

Other than that, I think we should wait for frelaras to post before starting claiming.

Also, farside22, where exactly did you get the impression that I “seem against” massclaiming
in this specific situation?
I consider this wishy washy as far as claims go.

I'm not exactly a fan of mass-claiming, but it does seem apropriate here.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by td »

How exactly is “
general-statement
, but
situation-specific-statement-as-an-exception
” wishy-washy?

Wishy-washy necessarily implies that there are two contradicting statements. However, an “in most cases” expression and an exception to it are in no way contradictory and thus cannot be called wishy-washy.

Also, now that I've asked for evidence, you accuse me of being wishy-washy on claiming, whereas you did describe me as being
against
mass-claiming.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

td wrote:How exactly is “
general-statement
, but
situation-specific-statement-as-an-exception
” wishy-washy?

Wishy-washy necessarily implies that there are two contradicting statements. However, an “in most cases” expression and an exception to it are in no way contradictory and thus cannot be called wishy-washy.

Also, now that I've asked for evidence, you accuse me of being wishy-washy on claiming, whereas you did describe me as being
against
mass-claiming.
Post 545 is suggest that we might not be in lylo so really not up for claim. Saying that I know it is lylo also isn't a tell. I feel that is a big leap to make when anyone who's played her can tell you what I just said. Also saying I'm against mass claim but will do it is wishy washy.
It's basically saying I will do it but I dont like it. How is that not wishy washy?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

td: Do you have an issue with claiming first?
td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by td »

farside22 wrote:Post 545 is suggest that we might not be in lylo so really not up for claim.
Apart from being in the same post, my comments on mass-claiming and lynch-or-lose are not in any way related.

--
farside22 wrote:Saying that I know it is lylo also isn't a tell. I feel that is a big leap to make when anyone who's played her can tell you what I just said.
It's not at all about lynch-or-lose, but about you
knowing
when there's not enough information available to us to know. Thus, you either lied about “knowing” and are indeed just guessing or you have more information available than the rest of us.

--
farside22 wrote:Also saying I'm against mass claim but will do it is wishy washy. It's basically saying I will do it but I dont like it. How is that not wishy washy?
I never stated that I was against mass-claims. I did make a general statement about “not exactly being a fan” of them and then said that
nevertheless,
a mass-claim in this specific situation would be “apropriate.”

--
farside22 wrote:td: Do you have an issue with claiming first?
No. I do have an issue with you misrepresenting me though.

Also, interesting that you're back at the td-against-mass-claim stage, which ironic, since you seem to be
wishy-washy
there…
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

farside22 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:I wouldn't be against a mass claim. Although I think the scum may have been given safe claims after M4yhem's claim of Jake.

We really wasted a day yesterday quick lynching Light. He was the obvious choice but we could have had a lot more discussion. Now I can't help but feel like we are in a lynch or lose. We need to be really careful.
FOS: Scot

This is lynch or lose I agree on a mass claim.
I'm confused. I agree with a mass claim. What's the FOS for?
farside22 wrote:I think scot or TD who seem against it should be one of the first to claim. Then I suggest which ever the two that goes first it we choose popcorn style.
Err see above.
FOS: Farside
td wrote:No. I do have an issue with you misrepresenting me though.
What he said... *Nod*

I have no problems with claiming first if that's what people want. I do agree with Farside that we are most likely in a lylo though. Most 12 player games I have been in have had 3 scum. I'm not about to make the leap on that being the lock for this game, but that is the theory I'm working on.
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by frelaras »

FOS: Farside
for that random FOS and framing lylo in the way he did.

I think we need to proceed cautiously -- obviously -- and I point that out since the last two "days" have gone by ultra quickly.

Claiming makes sense at this point. We really need as much info as possible to sort out what to do next. I really want farside to start, or at least I hope he gets picked quickly, since he's looking quite suspicious today. Agreed on method of choosing. Let's do it.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I would also like to vote for Farside to go first.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:55 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm fine with going first. I would like to throw some caution to the wind, but I need to verify something first before I do it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:02 am

Post by farside22 »

I asked the mod a question, but I will claim first and I think popcorn is a good way to go in regards to claims. Anyone taking there time should be looked at.

I am Kira Nerys/ Vanilla townie.

I want TD to go next

It's not at all about lynch-or-lose, but about you knowing when there's not enough information available to us to know. Thus, you either lied about “knowing” and are indeed just guessing or you have more information available than the rest of us.
What part of a 12 player game and normal 3 scum did you miss?
farside22 wrote:
Also saying I'm against mass claim but will do it is wishy washy. It's basically saying I will do it but I dont like it. How is that not wishy washy?

I never stated that I was against mass-claims. I did make a general statement about “not exactly being a fan” of them and then said that nevertheless, a mass-claim in this specific situation would be “apropriate.”
I will concede to that point, but I think it's a thin line.

@Scot: Misread your comment. I thought I saw that you were against mass claim.
td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:37 am

Post by td »

farside22 wrote:What part of a 12 player game and normal 3 scum did you miss?
If it's a 12-player game with “normal 3 scum,” we are in lynch-or-lose
if and only if
Light-kun has successfully recruited another player. If he did not, we are not in lynch-or-lose.

--

I am Constable Odo, Chief of Security. During the night, I revert to my liquid natural state. During the day, however, I can try to link with another player to see if they are a changeling. So far, I can confirm ZONEACE, M4yhem, Timeater and CallMeLiam as solids (that is, non-changelings). Also, see post #72 for a breadcrumb.

I'd like CallMeLiam to go next.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:46 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

NOTICE

I should have written this into the rules at the start of the game, so my apologies, but you should all be aware that you are not permitted to post or link to the picture of your character included in your role PM, as it falls under the category of directly quoting your role PM.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:22 am

Post by farside22 »

td wrote:
farside22 wrote:What part of a 12 player game and normal 3 scum did you miss?
If it's a 12-player game with “normal 3 scum,” we are in lynch-or-lose
if and only if
Light-kun has successfully recruited another player. If he did not, we are not in lynch-or-lose.

--

I am Constable Odo, Chief of Security. During the night, I revert to my liquid natural state. During the day, however, I can try to link with another player to see if they are a changeling. So far, I can confirm ZONEACE, M4yhem, Timeater and CallMeLiam as solids (that is, non-changelings). Also, see post #72 for a breadcrumb.

I'd like CallMeLiam to go next.
Sorry I'm unfamiliar with changeling. Was that what a recruiter did or is that a scum thing?
td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:48 am

Post by td »

It's a “scum thing,” the changelings are the Founders of the Dominion.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:51 am

Post by farside22 »

td wrote:It's a “scum thing,” the changelings are the Founders of the Dominion.
I'm more confused. You said you checked M4yhem. But didn't he turn out to be scum?
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:55 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Changelings are the shapeshifters we spent much of day one arguing about. If truthful, td is confirming their presence. If truthful, day one is going to be fertile ground for scumhunting.

I'm Quark. Each night I pick a player, and the next day I can force their vote to whereever I choose. The flavour behind it is me buying votes.

I'd like to see Sotty next please.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:57 am

Post by farside22 »

CallMeLiam wrote:Changelings are the shapeshifters we spent much of day one arguing about. If truthful, td is confirming their presence. If truthful, day one is going to be fertile ground for scumhunting.

I'm Quark. Each night I pick a player, and the next day I can force their vote to whereever I choose. The flavour behind it is me buying votes.

I'd like to see Sotty next please.
I saw the discussion on it, but I'm confused why he didn't see M4 as a changeling. Or is M4 not a changeling?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:23 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I am Ezri Dax, a vanilla townie. frelaras is next seeing as he's the only one left.
farside22 wrote:
td wrote:It's a “scum thing,” the changelings are the Founders of the Dominion.
I'm more confused. You said you checked M4yhem. But didn't he turn out to be scum?
M4yhem's character was Weyoun, who is a Vorta, not a changeling.

Liam, who's votes have you brought so far and where did you force them?
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:12 am

Post by frelaras »

I am Miles O'Brien, and my technological knowledge of the station gives me protection against dominion attacks (aka night kills). However, given that's it's old cardassian junk :) it's not reliable on subsequent nights.

(Glad I checked in from work on my break, that went quickly)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:19 am

Post by farside22 »

If it's a 12-player game with “normal 3 scum,” we are in lynch-or-lose if and only if Light-kun has successfully recruited another player. If he did not, we are not in lynch-or-lose.
I don't play often with cults in mini games. The few I know of there is still 3 scum and 1 cult in a 12 player game. I don't know if Light target went through he stated he targeted me then said he targeted Scot I believe (need to double check), but since he tried to lie about me I don't know what to believe about anything he stated.
td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:22 am

Post by td »

farside22 wrote:I'm more confused. You said you checked M4yhem. But didn't he turn out to be scum?
A changeling is certainly scum (because non of the claimed roles
should
be a changeling), but not every scum is necessarily a changeling (indeed, the Vorta are not, yet they are part of the Dominion).

--
farside22 wrote:I don't play often with cults in mini games. The few I know of there is still 3 scum and 1 cult in a 12 player game.
Ah, now I see where the misunderstanding was: I counted “3 scum and 1 cult” as “four scum.”
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:30 am

Post by farside22 »

td wrote:
farside22 wrote:I'm more confused. You said you checked M4yhem. But didn't he turn out to be scum?
A changeling is certainly scum (because non of the claimed roles
should
be a changeling), but not every scum is necessarily a changeling (indeed, the Vorta are not, yet they are part of the Dominion).

--
farside22 wrote:I don't play often with cults in mini games. The few I know of there is still 3 scum and 1 cult in a 12 player game.
Ah, now I see where the misunderstanding was: I counted “3 scum and 1 cult” as “four scum.”
Scum = mafia
SK = SK
Cult = Cult
Just the way I see things. I forget some people clasify cult as scum. I see them all will different goals so I seperate them into groups.
td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:48 am

Post by td »

Why not call the mafia “mafia?” Then you could use scum as a generic term for mafia, SK, cult and whatever not-town-aligned-roles there might be.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:43 am

Post by farside22 »

td wrote:Why not call the mafia “mafia?” Then you could use scum as a generic term for mafia, SK, cult and whatever not-town-aligned-roles there might be.
I don't know. I just always think mafia is scum even when I am mafia. That would take a bit to adjust my thinking.
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:35 am

Post by frelaras »

Liam: When it came to the Jake Siskso claim, you were really dubious of the vanilla nature of it. What do you think about the 2 people claiming vanilla this time? I'll put aside the whole 'what are claims worth issue' since we're obviously evaluating claims at this point.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”