armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:17 am

Post by armlx »

The change was announced before any of the day talks were created. It honestly could have been in any order from there. If any of the times were before the change, that would be a good tell though.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:26 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

SleepyPanda wrote:
WaltWishbone wrote:
SleepyPanda wrote:@WWB, if you still want to argue about the english lesson, go ask RR. I'm sure he can explain it to you. Or I probably will when I make a formal case on you soon.
Dude, that page was the funniest page of the thread, imo and there was little to no coherent or intellectual thought, it was a pissing contest over semantics. The comment reads clear to me and if it did not read clear to you at first then I hope with my explanation you now understand.
I know what you were saying when you actually rephrased it so it actually made sense the way you meant it to be. I don't buy that it was just a pissing contest. You weren't testing to see if we were possible scum. You seemed to have been legitamately trying to convince others to vote armlx. To me, it seemed like you were trying to see what you could get away with. When no one agreed with you, or you discussed it with your lover(s), you gave up and started restating that you think charter and BM are scum.
It was indeed part of a test, maybe fishing is a better word, but I am very careful with my votes even under the infleunce, I didn't nor wouldn't walk away leaving a vote that could potentially get a townie hung. That's the problem with that strategy in my opinion, if I would have left that vote and gone away for 48 hours, I could have come back to see you lynched which would have been wrong in my opinion. However on the other hand, it doesnt give the players I suspected enough time to join the wagon, so it was a weak attempt on my part.
WWB wrote:I need to re-read their interactions with Sek/Neko and Thead/dbe, I didn't notice anything odd but I will take a look.
That's exactly the point. Almost no other people (that is alive) besides me, or RR, have tried pressuring Th/DBE, which shouldn't be, when they've been practically lurking the entire game.
Good point, I'm not sure where to begin to instigate a conversation with them at this point. ThAd's replies to questions are pretty short and brief, but I meant what I wrote it's not a bad thing to get everyone who has not been in the limelight involved. Including; ThAd/dbe, Neko/Seki, Dar/DGB, etc...
WaltWishbone wrote: I was asking a question, however as a few people have pointed out our opinions are irrelevant. It is the Moderators decision which is great.
Our opinions on DBE being replaced are not irrelevant. DBE is still posting at other games, EXCEPT THIS ONE. It's either active lurking or being useless. Neither benefits town. The only way it can possibly help town is if she is actually scum. One pair with both players having little to no contribution. If we go to LYLO, I DO NOT want them to be one of the other pairs.
I think they are irrelevent, I got the feeling from ThAd's post that she is not rejoining anyway, so we need to wait until they find a replacement and they read all 83 pages. Which suck, I imagine her spot won't be filled and caught up reading for another 3 weeks if not much longer.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:15 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Raging Rabbit wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
sekinj wrote:I don't think Crazy is confirmed, but I think he's probably town. Do you seriously think the above is the best case out there?
To be honest no. But I don't really like the other two options either.
Why not?
Why is it a scumtell that everyone thinks Crazy's town, are you saying we're
all
his partners? Do you really think he deserves to be lynched for alerting the mod on foul play?
I think I've already explained it in other posts but:
- Against charter wagon because I think his reactions to his wagon were what a frustrated townie would do.
- Against BM wagon because I think not submitting his daytalk is a null tell since it wouldn't be in the best interests of scum or town.

The fact that lots of people think crazy is confirmed town is just suspicious to me, especially since I don't see it. The most dangerous thing scum can have is someone who is seen as confirmed.

Also I do think pointing out the rule break to the mod was a low act, and possibly scummy since it killed off the two people I trusted most in this game (and who were also quite active).
Knight of Cydonia wrote:I suggest, ThAd, you find a case with some actual evidence behind it.
I'm so keeping my vote where it is just because you said that.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:14 am

Post by charter »

Darox wrote:
Vote: WaltWishbone

I've found some scum guys!
No, you haven't.

WWB is a genious. There is the proof of scum from daytalking, not me and ceph.
This is destructor's first post time for our thread. I imagine all town's is the same (give or take a few minutes) 08-03-2008 10:07 PM ET (US).
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Also I do think pointing out the rule break to the mod was a low act, and possibly scummy since it killed off the two people I trusted most in this game (and who were also quite active).
Again, just because they turned town doesn't mean they should have been left alone. A rule-break is a rule break, and Crazy did nothing wrong by pointing it out - as a Mod, I'd be grateful if someone did that for me. And saying Crazy only did it because you trusted them is a pile of crap - we would have done the same regardless of our opinion on the matter.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:16 am

Post by charter »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:
Again, just because they turned town doesn't mean they should have been left alone. A rule-break is a rule break, and Crazy did nothing wrong by pointing it out - as a Mod, I'd be grateful if someone did that for me. And saying Crazy only did it because you trusted them is a pile of crap - we would have done the same regardless of our opinion on the matter.
Why are we even still talking about this?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:29 am

Post by armlx »

I imagine all town's is the same (give or take a few minutes) 08-03-2008 10:07 PM ET (US).
Or the first 3 are town, he had to go do something for 10 minutes, and the later part has scum ones.

Or the scum are in the middle.

The time of the posts in no definitive way says anything in this scenario.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by charter »

So when there's something fishy about my daytalk times, I'm scum, but when it's yours, there's a perfectly logical explaination for it? Unlikely. You're just trying to weasel your way out of your plan that backfired.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

charter wrote:
Darox wrote:
Vote: WaltWishbone

I've found some scum guys!
No, you haven't.

WWB is a genious. There is the proof of scum from daytalking, not me and ceph.
This is destructor's first post time for our thread. I imagine all town's is the same (give or take a few minutes) 08-03-2008 10:07 PM ET (US).
Thanks, but I tend to agree with Armix for the most part. I don't think it's that cut and dry a scumtell, I think we need more connections to build a case as convincing as the one Adel built against Ice in my opinion.

I am leaning towards a BM/CW lynch at this point and think it could be a huge mistake to lynch you and Cephrir. If you are town, that would only leave 8 townies. I think the town would be in trouble if the 8 are within a group that contains the following.

wwb/rr
Dar/Dgb
crazy/koc
thead/dbe
Sleepypand/Armix

As far as I can gauge more townies are on the top of each others supsect list then scum; ThAd is trying to lynch crazy/KoC, Darox is trying to lynch me and RR, etc... If wagons start to form, all the scum really need to do is sit back and let the Townies lynch each other.

I still have some reading to do, and want to hear back from RR in daytalk, as well as get more opinions here on the "scum/town tell". I really do hope every Townie is taking a look at this vote carefully. I do think it is the most important of the game and we can't afford a bad lynch.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Crazy »

OMG, WWB's a genius!

Unvote
Vote Battle Mage

If he's mafia, we're so lynching neko/sekinj next.

We gotta at least try this time theory.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by Crazy »

(I pick Battle Mage out of those 3 pairs since he is the most likely to be scum, anyway)
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:
I'm not suggesting he did it to spite me. I'm just saying it was a shit thing to do. Which it was.

@crazy: I agree that we should test the theory, although admit that you picked battle mage because he already has a pile of votes on him.

vote: battle mage

that's why I'm doing it.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by armlx »

So when there's something fishy about my daytalk times, I'm scum, but when it's yours, there's a perfectly logical explaination for it? Unlikely. You're just trying to weasel your way out of your plan that backfired.
The fishy thing being incongruities and the refusal to post them, not outguessing the mod.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

ThAdmiral wrote:I think I've already explained it in other posts but:
- Against charter wagon because I think his reactions to his wagon were what a frustrated townie would do.
- Against BM wagon because I think not submitting his daytalk is a null tell since it wouldn't be in the best interests of scum or town.
How come this isn't included?
-Against Crazy wagon because pointing out someone who has broken a rule does not connotate scummy or town behavior. It's a null tell.
charter wrote:Why are we even still talking about this?
Trying to stop flow of information. How does them talking affect you doing nothing?
charter wrote:So when there's something fishy about my daytalk times, I'm scum, but when it's yours, there's a perfectly logical explaination for it? Unlikely. You're just trying to weasel your way out of your plan that backfired.
Once again, you're making little to no sense. People were commenting on YOUR daytalk times, not the mod's.
destructor, Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:17 pm, wrote:I've added daytalking to the setup and will be PMing everyone links to quicktopics.
He added daytalk at 9:17 PM. That means ALL daytalk topics were already created. The times you're referencing is not the time of the daytalks being created, it's the time of him POSTING a message in it. What is more suspect is if times of said post is the same between lovers as I assume scum would all be using the same daytalk, thus having the same time for the mod's first post.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

VOTE: BattleMage

For the last few weeks, there have not been any tangible and/or reasonable "scum" cases other than Charter/Cephrir and Battlemage/CW presented within this game in my opinion. I am starting to agree that Charter/Ceprir's reaction is more likely to be fustrated townie then scum. I still have questions however, I do not think they are a good lynch. I think if you connect the dots; Battlemage is the best lynch today. His relentless pursuit of crazy is odd to say the least, the fact that he took so long to present his daytalk and yet it still seems contrived as well as thin. He has been quite clearly an active lurker, barely avoiding prods and contribuitng little to the scumhunt. I am not completely convinced they are mafia partners with Sekinj/Neko, but I do feel they are the most likely scum.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

WaltWishbone wrote:

For the last few weeks, there have not been any tangible and/or reasonable "scum" cases other than Charter/Cephrir and Battlemage/CW presented within this game in my opinion. I am starting to agree that Charter/Ceprir's reaction is more likely to be fustrated townie then scum. I still have questions however, I do not think they are a good lynch. I think if you connect the dots; Battlemage is the best lynch today. His relentless pursuit of crazy is odd to say the least, the fact that he took so long to present his daytalk and yet it still seems contrived as well as thin. He has been quite clearly an active lurker, barely avoiding prods and contribuitng little to the scumhunt. I am not completely convinced they are mafia partners with Sekinj/Neko, but I do feel they are the most likely scum.
I like how almost all your decisions are affected by the mod's daytalk time even though you say this,
WaltWishbone wrote: Thanks, but I tend to agree with Armix for the most part. I don't think it's that cut and dry a scumtell, I think we need more connections to build a case as convincing as the one Adel built against Ice in my opinion.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

SleepyPanda wrote:
WaltWishbone wrote:

I like how almost all your decisions are affected by the mod's daytalk time even though you say this,
WaltWishbone wrote: Thanks, but I tend to agree with Armix for the most part. I don't think it's that cut and dry a scumtell, I think we need more connections to build a case as convincing as the one Adel built against Ice in my opinion.
I just spent the last hour re-reading and the evidence is stacked against BM/CW if you connect the dots and in my opinion it is the right lynch. I could elaborate more and will after others contribute, but I have spent far too much time on this game today already and have made my thought process known by posting in the thread as the day has progressed.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

WWB wrote:I just spent the last hour re-reading and the evidence is stacked against BM/CW if you connect the dots and in my opinion it is the right lynch. I could elaborate more and will after others contribute, but I have spent far too much time on this game today already and have made my thought process known by posting in the thread as the day has progressed.
Looking forward to it. As of now, I'm not convinced, and will not be switching my vote.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by sekinj »

wow... yes, that does look like a logical step regarding the times the mod posted the daytalk. and i DO think that BM is scum... however, knowing that I am not, I have to disagree with the next step being neko and I as scum.

However, I am glad to see the attention focusing back on BM... I'd also like to see if this means charter/ceph will start making substantive posts again.

Vote: BM

@neko: I'm sorry I ever strayed my love...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by armlx »

Works for me.

Unvote, Vote BM
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

sekinj wrote:wow... yes, that does look like a logical step regarding the times the mod posted the daytalk. and i DO think that BM is scum... however, knowing that I am not, I have to disagree with the next step being neko and I as scum.
How can you agree that it's logical to deduce scum from the mod's daytalk post time, then list yourself as an exclusion as if it's illogical? This is a black and white issue. There's no gray.

If you are an exception to the mod's post time, why are you so sure BM is scum from it alone and that he isn't an exception as well?

Also, refer to this:
SP wrote:
destructor, Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:17 pm wrote: I've added daytalking to the setup and will be PMing everyone links to quicktopics.

He added daytalk at 9:17 PM. That means ALL daytalk topics were already created. The times you're referencing is not the time of the daytalks being created, it's the time of him POSTING a message in it.
He created all daytalks together, then he decides to send messages to all scum daytalks that it's opened and not the town daytalks until later? That doesn't make sense.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by sekinj »

SleepyPanda wrote:
sekinj wrote:wow... yes, that does look like a logical step regarding the times the mod posted the daytalk. and i DO think that BM is scum... however, knowing that I am not, I have to disagree with the next step being neko and I as scum.
How can you agree that it's logical to deduce scum from the mod's daytalk post time, then list yourself as an exclusion as if it's illogical? This is a black and white issue. There's no gray.
I'm saying that if I didn't have my role PM as evidence, I might be swayed by that arguement. However, I don't even have to consider it since I know it is false.
SleepyPanda wrote: If you are an exception to the mod's post time, why are you so sure BM is scum from it alone and that he isn't an exception as well?
My thinking BM is scum has nothing to do with the mod's post in the daytalk. I've thougth BM was scum for a while becasue of his refusal to post daytalk in a timely fashion, and his relentless and unreasonable attack on Crazy. CWR's actions back all of that up. I only recently switched my vote OFF of BM.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by charter »

SP, why are you defending BM so fiercely?
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

charter wrote:SP, why are you defending BM so fiercely?
Because I'm sharing my thoughts. My post to sekinj isn't even defending BM as much as it is questioning sekinj's reasoning.

And why are you so ready to jump on his wagon? You're taking a gamble to see whether he's scum or not, but then again, you're scum as well so it probably wouldn't matter to you either way.

Your lover has been pushing his lynch for awhile now, and you have not changed your vote on him until now, which I'm assuming is because he hasn't convinced you BM is scum, yet this does?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by destructor »

bumping vote count to next page
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”