Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:17 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 819, T3 wrote:
In post 506, JamesTheNames wrote:Updated and fixed list, in chronological order:

These are the current roll claims, who made them, and the post they were made in:
Ssbm_Kyouko - [13, 8, 1] Mafia Parity Cop with no modification -
Dwlee99 - [12, 8, 14] Town Parity Cop with a
Rampaging
modication -
Marashu - [1-12, 8, 7] Town Parity Cop with an Even-Night modification -
MegAzumarill - [19, 17, 20] Cult Bus Driver with a Reroll Twice modification -
JamesTheNames - [6, 10, 7] Town Tracker with an Even-Night modification -
Cyrus62 - [7, 7, 1] Town Paranoid Gun Owner with no modification -
T3 - [1-12, 14, 5] Town Voyeur with a Multitasking modification -
Thor Ragnarok - [1-12, 19, ?] Town Roleblocker with an unknown modification -
Redtea - [14, 6, 20] Mafia Fruit Vendor with a Reroll Twice modification -
Nero Cain - [1-12, 9, ?] Town Rolecop with an unknown Modification -
SirCakez - [1-12, 9, 20] Town Rolecop with a Reroll Twice modication -
Dragon of the West - [1-12, 5, ?] Town Neighborizer with an unknown modification -
Robert M Hunter - [2, 19, 3] Town Roleblocker with no modification -
There are a few very weak roles on here that I think should claim so we have possible conftown.
oh yes that makes preface since lets have prs out them selfs so scum know who to aim for.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:18 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 826, Dwlee99 wrote:Also "conftown" can be culted
only scum cant be cultured unless there is only one left.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:25 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 824, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 695, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 589, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 564, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 563, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 562, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 560, Nero Cain wrote:It seemed like to me he's just saying that he has a role that someone rolled
I'm saying my role isn't what that someone claimed and if my modifier also doesn't match up to a claim then we know someone lied because only one dice can be changed by mod in someone's role.
No this is why people weren't supposed to claim if something matches exactly - if scum rolled your role and lied about it they now know what you have :(
How would they narrow anything down though? If you were in a normal newbie game and said "I'm one of the 9 roles" it doesn't reveal what you actually are. The same applies here does it not?
No, I'll explain with a hypothetical. Let's say I was given a scum role, but I rolled town rampaging doctor. If I'm scum, I could lie about what I rolled. Then, if someone says "my role isn't on the list", I know that person is way more likely to be the rampaging doctor I rolled. If we claim "on the list" or "not on the list", it gives info to scum without giving anything equivalent back to town.
Also, I didn't understand how claiming it was not on the list would benefit scum until this Kyo post...and it seems you didn't fully grasp it either. So saying someone else is scum, especially for what wasn't clear or discussed until AFTER their posts you're saying are scummy, seems really hypocritical
James this was @ you btw, I'd like your thoughts on how this relates to your Dwlee read
You ever reread the game fully? Analogy: in chess you might not realise when they started a particular plan until you look back after a few moves.
Another thing, you piece things together with more posts, and other's inputs. If something is scummy it doesn't matter when you spot it.
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:27 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

FWIW, I disagree a lot here with Kyouko, it definitely benefits town more to say if you are or aren't on the list.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Who are you town reads, ssbm?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:43 am

Post by SirCakez »

hi I'm alive
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:50 am

Post by cyrus62 »

my role isnt on the list so i must have got a fudged one.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by redtea »

@ssbm_kyouko
hey!!!!!
In post 757, redtea wrote:
In post 655, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 649, SirCakez wrote:Can someone ELI5 why Roberts roll claim makes him scum
It's a low chance that he rolls the same role that Thor did. Far more likely he lied about what he rolled and to avoid getting caught outright later on, he stole someone else's roll (Thor's) so it would be a 1v1 at worst. If RMH had claimed before Thor I'd be saying the same thing about Thor rn, in reverse.

Odds of rolling the exact same role seem lower than the odds of him being scum trying to hide what he really rolled (possibly a decent scum PR that one of his buddies or he ended up with)
wait, I'm confused. They only match each other 2/3 right? Then that makes 3 pairs of roles where the first two characteristics (alignment, ability) are the same. What makes the robert/thor situation unique here? Did I miss a post?
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 657, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Hes also just disappeared and this is exactly what he did in Chrono Trigger Chronicles when I pegged him D1 for his play. He disappeared and laid low until the gamestate moved elsewhere.
i want to believe this but it makes me uneasy
In post 785, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:he said there are other roles that can work like a rolecop which softs neighborizer. Put all that together he's very likely Neighborizer
how does "like a rolecop" lead to "softs neighborizer"?
In post 783, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Dragon crumbled Doubled in his first 2 posts btw - he repeated that quote about the Lotus tile word for word.
This was before Dragon should have known about a multitasking role, so if we flip any multitasking scum, Dragon needs to go (assuming we've already caught cult)
yall are making my head spin so much how does this work
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 767, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 172, redtea wrote:
In post 165, JamesTheNames wrote:Not a single one of my posts has a hint of LAMIST.
This is the funniest post all thread
Funny how? Funny in an ironic way because James looked LAMIST? Or something else? If the former, what seemed LAMIST to you?
in an ironic way. His entire ISO, potentially. Though this was an early post, and my feeling on him has neutralized. I mean, technically his scum meta supports it to a degree, but he's playing *just* in the middle enough this game that I'm kind of just... throwing all that out the window. At least for now. And partially because he asked really nicely.
In post 767, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 174, redtea wrote:unless james is just like that imma vote him
VOTE: james
i should meta, but i probably wont get around to it. if anyone has prev experience speak up. Ill hammer a mega wagon if that happens, just for funsies. Seems like the kind of person who could slip under my radar, leading me to miselim.
Thats where im at so far. Wont vote kyouko, wont vote t3. Kyouko gave me town vibes until i remembered factions and 3p exist. id bet shes not mafia aligned at least.
Why would you hammer a MegAzumarill wagon for funsies?
their posts sounded scummy. Still do. Like they really sounded like scum sliding into the thread to demonstrate some Participation(tm). Unfortunately they are mia now v.v
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 651, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 646, redtea wrote:Dragon #596
gee maybe you should READ THEM THEN
My issue with your meta posts more specifically is that you say something really nondescript like "They're acting similar to this game I linked"...but don't expand on what is similar or what about the similarities is actually scum indicative or town indicative. I could read an ISO if I wanted, but that's not telling me what you're actually getting out of them. Part of this also comes from the fact that I don't like metadiving. I'll use my familiarity with players from previous games I've played with them, but I'm not reading through old games I wasn't a part of and didn't have to think through in the moment to guide my opinion on a current game
aaah okay. yeah nah that's too much work for me. I'm amazed I got myself to meta at all.
also, it seems a lot of you have played with each other before? something i noticed, and is probably the only reason I bothered to go through everyone. I've only played with t3, once, my game before this one.
well, from what i can remember off the top of my head, scum!cyrus seemed to joke around more, avoided singling out other players as much, was just overall. More "i'm dumb but i'm dumb on purpose XD". ESPECIALLY in the beginning. As the game would go on he would display more investment in the actual goings-on.
town!cyrus seems to get into it more or less from the start. Not that there isn't *any* joking, but he doesn't stall on topics that aren't scumhunting related so much, gives reads more readily, follows up with players, etc. Again,
from the beginning
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 672, Marashu wrote:
In post 669, Dragon of the West wrote:I'm gonna be honest, I'm not above policy limming Thor. Cyrus is anti town every game in the way that his play doesn't make any sense, but I at least believe when he rolls town he is
trying
to play in a pro-town way. Thor just doesn't gaf here and I don't like that. He deserves to be limmed for playing purposefully anti-town regardless of alignment
I mean, since Thor has pretty much said he's only going to use his vote to help if we get a guilty, I'm not against this.
kind of weird that you concluded he meant that and only that from his post...?
*Old account here
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 837, redtea wrote:
In post 651, Dragon of the West wrote:
In post 646, redtea wrote:Dragon #596
gee maybe you should READ THEM THEN
My issue with your meta posts more specifically is that you say something really nondescript like "They're acting similar to this game I linked"...but don't expand on what is similar or what about the similarities is actually scum indicative or town indicative. I could read an ISO if I wanted, but that's not telling me what you're actually getting out of them. Part of this also comes from the fact that I don't like metadiving. I'll use my familiarity with players from previous games I've played with them, but I'm not reading through old games I wasn't a part of and didn't have to think through in the moment to guide my opinion on a current game
aaah okay. yeah nah that's too much work for me. I'm amazed I got myself to meta at all.
also, it seems a lot of you have played with each other before? something i noticed, and is probably the only reason I bothered to go through everyone. I've only played with t3, once, my game before this one.
well, from what i can remember off the top of my head, scum!cyrus seemed to joke around more, avoided singling out other players as much, was just overall. More "i'm dumb but i'm dumb on purpose XD". ESPECIALLY in the beginning. As the game would go on he would display more investment in the actual goings-on.
town!cyrus seems to get into it more or less from the start. Not that there isn't *any* joking, but he doesn't stall on topics that aren't scumhunting related so much, gives reads more readily, follows up with players, etc. Again,
from the beginning
in all fairness i have been bouncing back and fourth on pc and phone alot this game plus im moding.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 831, Nero Cain wrote:Who are you town reads, ssbm?
RMH, Marashu, Thor, and if they aren't cult, Dwlee and Cyrus.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 830, JamesTheNames wrote:FWIW, I disagree a lot here with Kyouko, it definitely benefits town more to say if you are or aren't on the list.
What benefit is it to town? Or do you disagree with my reasoning as to why it benefits scum?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by redtea »

oof
*Old account here
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

i anit cult but like i said my role isnt ion the list.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 834, redtea wrote:
@ssbm_kyouko
hey!!!!!
In post 757, redtea wrote:
In post 655, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 649, SirCakez wrote:Can someone ELI5 why Roberts roll claim makes him scum
It's a low chance that he rolls the same role that Thor did. Far more likely he lied about what he rolled and to avoid getting caught outright later on, he stole someone else's roll (Thor's) so it would be a 1v1 at worst. If RMH had claimed before Thor I'd be saying the same thing about Thor rn, in reverse.

Odds of rolling the exact same role seem lower than the odds of him being scum trying to hide what he really rolled (possibly a decent scum PR that one of his buddies or he ended up with)
wait, I'm confused. They only match each other 2/3 right? Then that makes 3 pairs of roles where the first two characteristics (alignment, ability) are the same. What makes the robert/thor situation unique here? Did I miss a post?
I posted 655 before thor claimed odd-night modifier, I thought his full 3d20 roll was Town Roleblocker (implying there was no modifier)
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

i do think james and redtea are on the same team though.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 842, redtea wrote:oof
I dont think you're scummy or culty either fwiw
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Robert M Hunter »

The cult recruiter, I assume, has two functions. Recruitment and Bus Driving. Does a roleblock stop both or just the second one?
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Robert M Hunter »

A lot of players are talking about James. He's very upfront about being into mech talk and to me, that suggests that this is how he rolls and it's not alignment indicative for him.

After James said that this is what he enjoys about the game, some players didn't back off and I would consider that suspicious.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think redtea said that he's "improved" Wich I took to mean that this isn't his normal game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”