2021 Fantasy Football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 223, PokerFace wrote:The schedules do not currently match the divisions or the standings since they still display last years. Has it always been like this in league 1 when new teams come in? If not, then I do not like the way this looks at all. Got a bad feeling there could be a yahoo software bug here. Should be noted that my profession in real life is in Software QA. Also known as getting paid to find software bugs. And Yahoo is not paying me. So I really not like this if its a bug
It's not a software issue, Nero just hasn't fixed the schedule yet. Same thing happened last year, which is a bit unfortunate because it fucks up the initial projections and draft grades.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

If u look at the front page the division are updated, we just had to draft first I guess
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

The divisions have been fine the whole time but the schedules aren't (they showed up fine on mobile the whole time, desktop just defaults to showing last year's stuff)

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I know but poker was also complaining about the division
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

LEAGUE 2 DRAFT TIME IS BEING SET FOR WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 1 AT 9PM EST
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 224, Nero Cain wrote:How come no one showed up tonight?
?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I was just trolling.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

League 2 still needs one more person for an even number by the way.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ok cool its fixed and everyone in the league was there for at least part of the draft. Last year I got last or second to last draft grade from yahoo for each of my yahoo leagues. I went on to get top 3 in each of those leagues in final standings including winning MS league 2. I just checked my draft grade in MS League 1 for this season and its the lowest, D+.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I'm curious about something. What decides opening waiver order? Is it always reverse of draft order? I thought it would be the same as the draft order since we had an even number of rounds.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:21 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Yeah it’s always reverse of draft order. Which makes sense even with the even number of rounds.

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

D3f3nd3r wrote:Yeah it’s always reverse of draft order. Which makes sense even with the even number of rounds.
Can you explain this to me? I mentioned last season that I was developing a software code to more fairly determine waivers for a league format I am designing. Current code has the waiver priority after the draft default to being the same as the draft order since the league has even draft rounds. I want to know your logic so I can know if I should change the code
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:50 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

The difference between 1 and 12 is more significant than the difference between 13 and 24, and so on.

(profile pic by datisi)
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:15 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 222, Kublai Khan wrote:Oooohhh.. 7pm
Pacific

Ok.
That's 6 pacific no?
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:28 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

I think KK meant L1, which was 7 Pacific last night.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:40 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Also yeah I agree with waiver priority always being reverse of Round 1 order instead of based on odd vs. even rounds, since then it's "you chose your first player later so you get a higher priority" instead of "you chose your kicker later so you get a higher priority".
~ Edible
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:49 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 239, Kilgamayan wrote:I think KK meant L1, which was 7 Pacific last night.
Gotcha
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

My internet will be fixed on the 27th so I'll do the schedule then. Ty for being patient

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

D3f3nd3r wrote:The difference between 1 and 12 is more significant than the difference between 13 and 24, and so on.
Kilgamayan wrote:Also yeah I agree with waiver priority always being reverse of Round 1 order instead of based on odd vs. even rounds, since then it's "you chose your first player later so you get a higher priority" instead of "you chose your kicker later so you get a higher priority".
Thanks for your opinions. I now have 2 versions of that waiver priority code. Neither one is currently in use in this other league of mine. We are doing one more year of reverse standings order in that league while both code versions are simulated/tested with actual data as the season progresses. Gonna see how both codes fair. Given your thoughts, I think the second version may be better already
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I have had 2 of my leagues draft so far and my 3rd draft is on 9/1/2021 at 9pm est. So I am quite glad I graduated from league 2 last year. Being in 2 draft rooms at once with 2 different teams and different picks would be nuts
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think I'm fairly happy with my draft. Am maybe a little worried that Jackson hasn't had the vaccine but I missed out on Murray and Allen. My plan was to go Jones/Gibson but I can live with Jones/Montgomery. I think my wide out group of brown/juju/Davis is fine. Edmonds might be an ok flex.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Ouch sorry Joe. I had thought about taking eitenne as my flex but I guess I'm glad I didn't

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:34 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Good think he also took Robinson :P

(profile pic by datisi)
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Groose Caboose »

Yeah I hedged my bets assuming they were gonna play Etienne as a receiver mostly so I think I’ll be fine.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:14 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

I almost wonder if this is a net positive, since I imagine Hyde is going to be far less of a factor working against Robinson than Etienne and Robinson would have been working against each other.

Like yeah it sucks to lose that early a pick before the season even begins, but it boosts Robinson's value by a lot, enough that Robinson/Johnson could reasonably outproduce what Etienne/Robinson (or Etienne/Johnson, I suppose) would have produced. It weakens the bench but that could very well be addressed by chance due to free agency and/or injuries.
~ Edible

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”