Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Korts »

Not your fault, at all. I'm just going to go back to take a look at your wagon again. Something fishy was going on there. Also, do you really think people are always lynched over things they have full control over?
scumchat never die
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Not your fault, at all. I'm just going to go back to take a look at your wagon again. Something fishy was going on there. Also, do you really think people are always lynched over things they have full control over?
Not always. But how much more often are townies lynched for such reasons than scum?

I'm fine with you looking at my wagon. That was a horribly scummy thing for me to say, I understand. Of course, it kinda fit with my logic and laziness. Either way, I'm not the play. We are in lylo, correct?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:18 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

orangepenguin hasn't been appealing to emotion, but he hasn't been contributing enough to my liking either, which was one of the conditions he had to meet if he wanted to stay alive.

Vote: orangepenguin
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:49 am

Post by strife220 »

StrangerCoug wrote:orangepenguin hasn't been appealing to emotion, but he hasn't been contributing enough to my liking either, which was one of the conditions he had to meet if he wanted to stay alive.

After the next vote count, I'm going to hop on this wagon.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I actually agree...but I plan to hold back til about 1 or 2 days before deadline. I'd rather get farside lynched because the way she painted me and Fonz (and didn't analyze anyone else?) feels like she's trying to put together a mislynch.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:29 am

Post by orangepenguin »

StrangerCoug wrote:orangepenguin hasn't been appealing to emotion, but he hasn't been contributing enough to my liking either, which was one of the conditions he had to meet if he wanted to stay alive.

I've surely posted more. I claimed when asked, I haven't been lurking. If you wanted me to do more, you should've said something. :?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I've surely posted more. I claimed when asked, I haven't been lurking. If you wanted me to do more, you should've said something. Confused
...is there any reason you can't think for yourself? This actually makes me change my vote. This is reaction in it's purest form. "Oh, I'm not looking townie, better listen to the confirmed to blend in". You need to be PROACTIVE at town and furthering the goals of town victory without prompting. Scum caught out are MUCH more likely to toe the line of what someone says, saying "They should have said something" when they still find you suspicious.

Unvote, Vote OP
-StrangerCoug

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

orangepenguin wrote:

I've surely posted more. I claimed when asked, I haven't been lurking. If you wanted me to do more, you should've said something. :?
Telling me who you think is suspicious and why would help at this stage in the game.

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

forbiddanlight wrote:

I've surely posted more. I claimed when asked, I haven't been lurking. If you wanted me to do more, you should've said something. Confused
...is there any reason you can't think for yourself? This actually makes me change my vote. This is reaction in it's purest form. "Oh, I'm not looking townie, better listen to the confirmed to blend in". You need to be PROACTIVE at town and furthering the goals of town victory without prompting. Scum caught out are MUCH more likely to toe the line of what someone says, saying "They should have said something" when they still find you suspicious.

Unvote, Vote OP
Better listen to the confirmed? Um, well, they did say step up your game or be lynched. I am town. I don't want them to mislynch me. Doing half of what they asked (claiming, but I haven't really stepped up a notch yet) isn't really not thinking for myself. I thought I had stepped my game, but I guess I didn't. Nobody said anything until I got voted, and now you are jumping on the wagon. YOU are not confirmed. Chances are that you are scum. I HAVE been thinking for myself. I don't know how claiming when asked and then saying "you should have told me I haven't stepped up my game" makes me not thinking.

SC, who do I think is suspicious? Well, fl for starters. Also fonz looks kind of suspicious now that ting flipped scum. And I guess I could be a little OMGUS, and think, if Korts did fake-claim, that he's scum. But isn't he confirmed? If he isn't, then I think he's scummy, but if he is cleared, then no.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:13 pm

Post by Korts »

Damn, OP, you sure do spread your suspicions wide. I really don't like that.

vote: orangepenguin

By my count, L-2.
scumchat never die
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Wide? How so? I think you just don't like that you're one of them. I am leaning towards you being confirmed, but I am not entirely convinced. You being scum doesn't really add up if the fonz are fl are scum though. I can see those two being partners.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:53 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

vote: forbiddanlight

I was going to make a case first, but considering I am at L-2, I might not get a chance not.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:03 pm

Post by Korts »

Wait, I thought SC was in there too. Rereading, it's just the Fonz and fl (besides me).

unvote

I'll need to do that reread.
scumchat never die
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Better listen to the confirmed? Um, well, they did say step up your game or be lynched. I am town. I don't want them to mislynch me. Doing half of what they asked (claiming, but I haven't really stepped up a notch yet) isn't really not thinking for myself. I thought I had stepped my game, but I guess I didn't. Nobody said anything until I got voted, and now you are jumping on the wagon. YOU are not confirmed. Chances are that you are scum. I HAVE been thinking for myself. I don't know how claiming when asked and then saying "you should have told me I haven't stepped up my game" makes me not thinking.

SC, who do I think is suspicious? Well, fl for starters. Also fonz looks kind of suspicious now that ting flipped scum. And I guess I could be a little OMGUS, and think, if Korts did fake-claim, that he's scum. But isn't he confirmed? If he isn't, then I think he's scummy, but if he is cleared, then no.
Hi, this is called OMGUS. You have absolutely no case on me. You just want to say I'm scummy because I've caught you. The "I'm listening to a confirmed" defense is UTTER CRAP.
-StrangerCoug

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:48 am

Post by orangepenguin »

You're just as confirmed as I am. I know my role. Obviously, I just said I had no case on you. I need to go back, and see if there is even one. I thought I was going to be lynched. Rather than make a case, and get to the last page to find out I was lynched, I voted first, present a case second.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:23 am

Post by strife220 »

Korts wrote:Wait, I thought SC was in there too. Rereading, it's just the Fonz and fl (besides me).

unvote
What?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:26 am

Post by strife220 »

EBWOP:
Vote: OP

L-2. If he doesn't get quicklynched, then OP is scum or Forbiddenlight and I must be scum together.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:17 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You're just as confirmed as I am. I know my role. Obviously, I just said I had no case on you. I need to go back, and see if there is even one. I thought I was going to be lynched. Rather than make a case, and get to the last page to find out I was lynched, I voted first, present a case second.
I'm sure. But I never said I or you was confirmed. What I'm saying is claiming that you were listening to confirmed for your obvious "look pro town" behavior is a BS defense. And honestly, how many votes do I have on me to make me a better wagon?
-StrangerCoug

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by The Fonz »

OP. You voted BlakAdder with the following justification d1:
orangepenguin wrote:
unvote silence
vote:BlakAdder
- He has contributed nothing to the game, jumping on several big wagons, and post things irrelevant to the game, and doesn't even back up his posts when he does post anything significant.
You then made an 'I'm here' post, and then a post promising a re-read, naming some of the people that had been most discussed by other people, and then four or five posts talking about how you were in the middle of your re-read, and how you thought you'd posted more than you had. The conclusion of your re-read, such as it was, was that the most popular suspect, Muerrto, looked like he might have been distancing, which then caused you to jump his wagon.

You also FOSed ting, whilst saying
ting though hasn't been really suspicious though but I am gonna
FoS: ting
On the basis that his dropping of his vote on IAAUN was 'odd.'

Then your next few posts were:
orangepenguin wrote:Still happy with my vote. The game kind of stagnated though, so I have just been reading, instead of actually posting.
orangepenguin wrote:Sorry. I haven't posted in a while. Was catching up in another thread I replaced into, but I have been following along with new posts. Still content with my vote.
orangepenguin wrote:Still here. Been busy today, and will be busy tomorrow. Don't expect comment from me until late wednesday, or thursday.
orangepenguin wrote:Alright, so I'll probably have more free time tomorrow. I'm sorry I am contributing to the non-posting. :(
You follow this little stretch of filler with a post asking Toaster if she's finished HER re-read, an excuse for why you have been too busy to post, and the following:
I probably should do a re-read, but with my busy schedule and procrastination, I have been putting that off. Being September now doesn't really help though.
So, to recap, promise of re-read, promise of re-read, promise of re-read, re-read that results in you jumping on the biggest wagon, apology for not contributing enough, apology for not contributing enough, apology for not contributing enough, apology for not contributing enough, ask someone else if they've finished their re-read combined with more excuses.

Another excuse post, and then attacks strife for forcing a claim (from a player who was facing lynch).

Filler, filler, couple of FOSes at deadline that aren't going to do anything. Jumps ting late on, when he is the leading wagon.

So, here's a question, OP:

How does EVERYTHING you said made BlakAdder scummy on day one not apply to you many times over? The biggest attack you've made on anyone who wasn't the leading wagon at the time was 'armlx overdefending Fonz looks kinda suspicious, now it's been pointed out.' A point which, surprise surprise, you didn't follow through on.

Before i re-read you, I couldn't remember a single controversial position you took. Now I have, i realise that it's because you haven't.

You're at lynch -2, and you can sure as hell be willing to believe i'll support your lynch on lurkerhating grounds if you continue as you are. So, IF you're town, you've got very little to lose. Read. Work out who your public enemy number one is. And then explain why. We'll probably lynch you anyway- but at least you might be able to shed some light on the situation.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I am going to unvote.
unvote

I will be looking at all the unconfirmed. My vote was just a bit unwarranted because I didn't really expect fl to do that. :roll:

@Fonz: I do believe the biggest attack I made on anyone was Muerrto. And then he flipped town, so I was really lost. I thought I had made a good case and found scum, but then it turned out I didn't, so I just stopped going by what I thought at that point. I don't like making controversial decisions simply because I don't know how. After all my games I played, I still don't have a solid idea on what to vote on and how and where to find scum, except at looking at there posts, and interpreting them. Call it scum or not, I just do the best that I can personally do. And yes, that is me appealing to emotion probably, right?

I like how I say I think Fonz, Korts, and fl are my top suspects. fl had already voted me, Korts shortsly followed, and now Fonz is getting ready to jump [the shark] and vote me. Eh, if I am L-2, I might as well get going and do something. Even though that's my least part of Mafia, is going back and reading. But whatever. I will do that.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by The Fonz »

ANSWER THE MOTHERLOVING QUESTION.
orangepenguin wrote:
@Fonz: I do believe the biggest attack I made on anyone was Muerrto. And then he flipped town, so I was really lost. I thought I had made a good case and found scum, but then it turned out I didn't, so I just stopped going by what I thought at that point. I don't like making controversial decisions simply because I don't know how.
You don't know how to hold and state an opinion? And forgive me, but
you stopped going by what you thought?
What exactly where you going by? What the monkey with the typewriter handed you? (No wait, that's farside's schtick. Er, what the mothership beamed down to you)?
After all my games I played, I still don't have a solid idea on what to vote on and how and where to find scum, except at looking at there posts, and interpreting them.
Except that you haven't actually done that, have you?
Call it scum or not, I just do the best that I can personally do. And yes, that is me appealing to emotion probably, right?
Actually, I'd call it the newbie card. But whatever, i still hate it.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Korts »

Damn, OP, you look real scummy right now. I won't vote until my readthrough is done, but you're really tempting me.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:56 am

Post by farside22 »

forbiddanlight wrote:

I actually agree...but I plan to hold back til about 1 or 2 days before deadline. I'd rather get farside lynched because the way she painted me and Fonz (and didn't analyze anyone else?) feels like she's trying to put together a mislynch.
Sorry this game fell off my radar. I will work on this by tomorrow the latest.

I really don't like OP's quick vote on FL with no reason. Everyone he claims is scum has attacked him and is really base on nothing more then OMGUS.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:37 am

Post by The Fonz »

I would like answers to the following from all the claimed VTs, actually.

1. Do you believe Korts is town?
2. If so, and given that we have a mason and a confirmed vig, that means that ONLY ONE OTHER CLAIMED VANILLA IS TOWN, from your claimed perspective (and mine). Who do you think that is?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:53 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

The Fonz wrote:1. Do you believe Korts is town?
Yes; otherwise, I'd be dead.
The Fonz wrote:2. If so, and given that we have a mason and a confirmed vig, that means that ONLY ONE OTHER CLAIMED VANILLA IS TOWN, from your claimed perspective (and mine). Who do you think that is?
The person that claimed vanilla that looks most pro-town to me is a tossup between you and farside22.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”