Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1121, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 1120, northsidegal wrote:hmm

now, i don't think we've actually played together before nor do i think you've been in a game i've modded, but i sort of get the feeling that you probably would never make that kind of comment as town. i think that if i were just trying to keep things super simple 1109 alone probably warrants your death.
Actually death kitty has said that before repeatedly, it's their literal D1 defence and they're not wrong either.

VOTE: NorthSideGal
Yeah that feels like NSG is trying to channel other play styles to hide behind them
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:02 am

Post by northsidegal »

wow, i wonder if my thought process is really so different from all of yours here.

the first point that struck me upon reading it was murdercat saying that i have a good scumgame. i think that one of the things that i'm probably most known for on site is that statement being basically the opposite of true. different people have different beliefs about the extent to which i am bad at scum: some think i intentionally flake or sandbag (i don't), some just think i'm incompetent, some have a ton of paranoia over the possibility that this is the game that i finally roll scum and turn things up. either way, basically nobody thinks i'm actually good at it. murdercat seemingly doesn't know this, and only comes to the opposite conclusion through a quick glance at a single stat at the very top of my wiki. this seems a little irresponsible to me?

now, i've been known to make some lazy reads in my time, but i think that this kind of goes a bit beyond that. it just seems kind of crazy to me to base a recommendation for who to eliminate off of such, to be honest, poorly researched information which ends up being completely incorrect. you guys really don't see anything super weird about saying "if you want info, elim nsg, she's great at scum"???

i'll also say that i wasn't a fan of the whole keep my alive because my d1s are bad statement (and i never am from anyone, really), although if murdercat says the same thing as town then i'll look past it.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:02 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1125, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah that feels like NSG is trying to channel other play styles to hide behind them
elaborate?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:05 am

Post by northsidegal »

like, i get that in a sense i'm kind of doing the same thing i said feels bad to pooky earlier, but does murdercat actually make that much of an irresponsible read as town? like i said, i don't think we've actually ever played together nor have i modded a game he's been in to my knowledge, but based on what i've seen from him (from, say, the open setups forum) and heard about him from other people, i really wouldn't think that he would do that as town. this is a genuine question here, i'm actually asking if my perception is just completely off or not.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:08 am

Post by northsidegal »

maybe i'm such an old timer at this point that none of you guys think of me as someone with a bad scumgame??? i haven't rolled scum in a long time but i would figure that team mafia 2020 was such a horrible performance that it would still stick around

then again i guess that was like nearly two years ago now???

things fall apart
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1113, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1110, Dwlee99 wrote:revealing
reevaluating?
Oh, my phone keeps autocorrecting reevaling.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1127, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1125, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah that feels like NSG is trying to channel other play styles to hide behind them
elaborate?
Between shading dwlee by saying RC would have pushed him and that, it feels like you’re going “I think others would push this so I will”. There’s two issues I have with that, it’s shifting the blame somewhat because you can claim you were just playing like someone else might have, and it makes any meta deviations harder to pin.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:40 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1128, northsidegal wrote:like, i get that in a sense i'm kind of doing the same thing i said feels bad to pooky earlier, but does murdercat actually make that much of an irresponsible read as town? like i said, i don't think we've actually ever played together nor have i modded a game he's been in to my knowledge, but based on what i've seen from him (from, say, the open setups forum) and heard about him from other people, i really wouldn't think that he would do that as town. this is a genuine question here, i'm actually asking if my perception is just completely off or not.
i think this is more of a laziness tell than a scumtell. though, murder just going back to hiding behind his brick wall is infuriating and a little scummy. i would like to leave him alive for another day but jeez

UNVOTE: getting cold feet on dwlee
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

it's like, yes he's pushing pooky and dwlee but the nuance is gone
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:43 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1131, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1127, northsidegal wrote:
elaborate?
Between shading dwlee by saying RC would have pushed him and that, it feels like you’re going “I think others would push this so I will”. There’s two issues I have with that, it’s shifting the blame somewhat because you can claim you were just playing like someone else might have, and it makes any meta deviations harder to pin.
what about seems to you like "i think others would push this so i will"? and what about anything from my play seems like "channeling other playstyles"? just off-hand mentioning something i think someone else would notice once doesn't to me seem to make it so that somehow any meta deviations would be more difficult to see in me.

shrug. i have no intentions of backtracking anything by claiming somehow that i was only going off of what i think that someone who isn't even in this game would have thought – i think that would be a pretty weak defense anyways, so i'm not entirely sure why you think it's some kind of plan i would undertake as scum.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:47 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1132, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1128, northsidegal wrote:like, i get that in a sense i'm kind of doing the same thing i said feels bad to pooky earlier, but does murdercat actually make that much of an irresponsible read as town? like i said, i don't think we've actually ever played together nor have i modded a game he's been in to my knowledge, but based on what i've seen from him (from, say, the open setups forum) and heard about him from other people, i really wouldn't think that he would do that as town. this is a genuine question here, i'm actually asking if my perception is just completely off or not.
i think this is more of a laziness tell than a scumtell. though, murder just going back to hiding behind his brick wall is infuriating and a little scummy. i would like to leave him alive for another day but jeez
sure, and like i said, i've been known to make a few lazy reads in my time as well, i just think that there's a certain point at which a lazy read crosses a threshold into being one that plausibly indicates someone might not actually care about the truth of the statement they're making. and this isn't even necessarily meant to convince you guys of that, moreso to just explain my thought process in posting , because strangely to me it seems like people are coming at it from a totally different perspective than i am.

things fall apart
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1106, Datisi wrote:my train of thought is, if murdercat flips red, good we got one, if green we just yeet pooks tomorrow (yes i am chaining)
I disagree with this, I don't think a green!MC would imply a red!Pooky. I don't see how it would serve him as scum to push so hard for a singular D1 ML here
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:55 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

cuz thats literally my scum MO

push mis elims one after the other and never stop
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1134, northsidegal wrote:so i will"? and what about anything from my play seems like "channeling other playstyles"? just off-hand mentioning something i think someone else would notice once doesn't to me seem to make it so that somehow any meta deviations would be more difficult to see in me.
The fact you’re like “I’d probably push this if I were playing a different way” tells me that you’re not playing a natural game, you’re forcing things in some way. You could be town doing it perhaps, but rn it feels like a scum tactic
<Embrace The Void>

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I mean that's what scum! Pooky would want you to think

Pedit: horse mouth
I prefer they, thanks :)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:56 am

In post 1109, MURDERCAT wrote:I'm not sure why you'd ever yeet me D1 when I consistently do better/and get easier to read with time. If you want info and think dwlee is town yeet nsg who is actually good at scum

"I scumread Pooky/Dwlee but we can always kill NSG instead cuz she's good as scum"

rofl

r u guys even reading the nonsesne murdercat is spewing rn
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:58 am

In post 1129, northsidegal wrote:maybe i'm such an old timer at this point that none of you guys think of me as someone with a bad scumgame??? i haven't rolled scum in a long time but i would figure that team mafia 2020 was such a horrible performance that it would still stick around

then again i guess that was like nearly two years ago now???
i think your scum game is very readable tbh
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:58 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think the last sentence of is definitely a bit weird but I vibe with , I remember NSG being a pretty easy read as town because she can't match her town WIM/transparency as scum. In fact I don't remember her ever beating me as scum but I am also not sure if I remember ever directly playing against her as scum? I'd have to go back and check but I do remember playing/reading a lot of games with both her and RC where the issue of her being a "lockscum if not obvtown" player came up frequently.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:59 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1138, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1134, northsidegal wrote:so i will"? and what about anything from my play seems like "channeling other playstyles"? just off-hand mentioning something i think someone else would notice once doesn't to me seem to make it so that somehow any meta deviations would be more difficult to see in me.
The fact you’re like “I’d probably push this if I were playing a different way” tells me that you’re not playing a natural game, you’re forcing things in some way. You could be town doing it perhaps, but rn it feels like a scum tactic
?

do you really think that saying "if i were just keeping things simple then X" indicates that i'm "forcing" my playstyle?

things fall apart
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1142, GuiltyLion wrote:a "lockscum if not obvtown" player
I’ve never really considered NSG one of these players for me
<Embrace The Void>

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:02 am

pretty sure she's like an 85 on the Bell Curve
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1143, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1138, Gamma Emerald wrote:
?

do you really think that saying "if i were just keeping things simple then X" indicates that i'm "forcing" my playstyle?
Yeah? You’re saying that you’re not doing X, that makes it seem like under standard circumstances you’d do X
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1145, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:pretty sure she's like an 85 on the Bell Curve
Okay this is clever
<Embrace The Void>

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1136, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1106, Datisi wrote:my train of thought is, if murdercat flips red, good we got one, if green we just yeet pooks tomorrow (yes i am chaining)
I disagree with this, I don't think a green!MC would imply a red!Pooky. I don't see how it would serve him as scum to push so hard for a singular D1 ML here
i don't think it's 100% but it's very very +scum and i would probably want to flip him like, in almost any universe with a green flip from mc because he's very capable of doing that as scum and also he's goon enough as town that i'm fine boping him there

i don't think mc (potentially incorrectly) thinking nsg is good at scum because looking at her winrates is like, a problem. but saying to yeet nsg solely because of it, then not actually backing that up with any reason (is nsg scummy? why does her flip give us info?) and in general doing about ~nothing makes me wanna yeet him more and more
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:07 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1148, Datisi wrote:also he's goon enough as town that i'm fine boping him there
good*

d and n aren't even close on the keyboard lol, i wonder
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M

Return to “Completed Open Games”