goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by goats »

In post 139, Dwlee99 wrote:People voting me (infinity and guilty) are probably town for kicking my butt into action.

I also just liked their posting before that too

NM made a good start calling reads and stuff. I don't know how to read him but also he just seems uninformed.

I liked Gamma's entrance, it was good.

Flea also had a good entrance.

Last time Murdercat was evil I caught him very quick which is a pseudo-meta tell and also my scumdar is broken BUT I think he is town here because I don't think he is evil.
this is nothing but town reads
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:02 pm

Post by goats »

I don't really have the focus to catchup, just gonna do some ISO's on people I don't have reads on then give my view of the game atp
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by goats »

Changed my mind about that too

I wolf read NM, Dwlee, and Implo. I don't remember their interactions but I doubt this is the solve. Oh yeah, NM pushed Implo a lot? There's probably something else if I'm remembering it being important.

I actually read Bugspray's ISO and it was bad but I haven't read NSG's posts so I don't exactly want to say NSG is a wolf for Bugsprays posts but I'd lean there atm

Oh wait I'm supposed to have them as lock town, ignore that

I haven't read a single thing from Flea so I skimmed faer iso. First thing I noticed is fae didn't do any catchup walls I normally see from faer. Fae commented about this a couple times, saying things like "I'm here I'm queer, I'm in a shit mood so I ain't reading up"

I think lower wim like this is typically scum indicative, but I don't know Flea too well and they did say "So far I am more consistent and higher effort as scum than I am as town, though" later on. I'm probably going to ask my hydra partner about this slot rather than attempt to make any real read myself, tbh, but I'd say scum lean myself

MUDERCAT looks alright, also on a skim; mostly from post 484. I'll consider their Implo read.

Their NM read actually has me thinking NM might just be thread spewed? He's receiving so many town reads (including even, I'm seeing now, from Pooky somehow), and while I typically don't like these kinda reads if I was a wolf with NM I would bus the hell out of that guy. Maybe the prior town reads on him though would negate that. Meh. He's still wolfy imo.

Okay I'm not reading Pooky's thing and so I'm just gonna sheep there

If I didn't mention someone it's likely I town read them. My top town is Gamma. Oh, I suppose I may as well explain my GuiltyLion read. Basically they post too much to be a wolf, lol. Bite me. Sort by post count is a thing, and while they're not top posting, a vast majority of their posts are solvey and they just seem like a consistent presence in that regard. Maybe I'm missing some stuff as this is cursory but until I see that I have them as decently strong town
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by goats »

didn't talk about Dwlee as my position is out there and already obvious, but I still think everything they're doing is just wolfy, lmao. I'll case them later if necessary but for right now I'm not too interested in doing that
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by implosion »

super mega hyper townpost
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by implosion »

Okay. Here's where I'm at.

I pretty strongly disagree with GL+whoever else said that goats's hydra dissonance is townie. I think it's very possible the 2nd head saw they were scum, said "well fuck that i don't feel like playing the game" then 4 days later was like "well i have some time i guess i can pop in and see what's up" or etc. With that said I have mixed feelings about the 2nd heads actual posting.

I kind of think Infinity does come off slightly bad in the "1v1" with pooky. Pooky comes off as *probably* town, I do remember them tantruming like this at least once as town and I don't really see it as a go-to tactic in this situation and like, it would be lampshady as heck to say "well obviously i'm not gonna 1v1 you infinity lmao don't be ridiculous" and then 1v1 infinity. Infinity comes off as far more reasonable but I do think the interactions can make sense with her as scum. I definitely have memories of scumgames where I'd like, give a weak offhand scumread, not really to shade a person just because it's what I think I'd do as town, and then they go off on me and I'd have to go into damage control mode, and I think Infinity's line would make sense as that kind of thing. It's not strong enough for me to have any real suspicion of her at this point given the rest of her play but I don't really agree with the take that it comes off strongly as TvT.

I think N_M falling off in posting is, potentially, actually scummy. From how I'm 2ndhand interpreting how to read him based on some offhand things PenguinPower said in another game I think his trajectory can quite easily be scum. Game dynamics make him feel like a better elimination than Flea right now. They both kind of feel like "this slot will never truly be all that readable" votes but, my understanding of the modern world is that it is actually possible to townread N_M. And if it is possible to do so, then this game is distinctly not something where it's really justifiable to do so right now.

VOTE: Not_Mafia
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:09 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm willing to vote Flea as well if the wagon gets bigger, I'm happy to push for an end to the day at this point if it's one of the people I don't mind dying, which at this point is probably like... N_M, flea, goats (though I don't really expect momentum there but don't really care at this point that there's no way to get momentum there), situationally MC.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:11 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 954, goats wrote:If I didn't mention someone it's likely I town read them. My top town is Gamma. Oh, I suppose I may as well explain my GuiltyLion read. Basically they post too much to be a wolf, lol. Bite me. Sort by post count is a thing, and while they're not top posting, a vast majority of their posts are solvey and they just seem like a consistent presence in that regard. Maybe I'm missing some stuff as this is cursory but until I see that I have them as decently strong town
Is this the esooa head?
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:33 pm

Post by goats »

yes
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:54 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Opportuplosion
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:22 pm

Post by Datisi »

ok cool 10 new pages. though i'm gonna reread from my bc i feel like that's where i last had some grasp on this game so realistically 15. yay.
In post 597, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:1. the scumread was entirely based on implo scum it got thrown out when the scumread on implo got thrown out

2. i linked a game with the og real town mc so you can just read it to see what baseline im comping this to
1. i reskimmed your original wallpost, or at least the parts where you talked about me, and it didn't seem like it was purely an implo partner read

2. i don't do second hand meta, nothing good comes from that. if you wanna link specific posts in the other game or tell me what is different, i can take a look.
In post 606, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you think im defending my scumbuddy bugspray in white flag

you choose then to not hammer bugspray when doing it would pretty much kill me/bugspray and win the game.

like what!?!??!
i hate posts like these, i've had it so many times that someone yells at me how i'm calling someone scum but i don't want them hammered right there because i'm not ready to end the day yet. if you were iconeum, i'd kill you for this post. but i think i heard you say something like this as town before? no idea where.

*that said*, i also hate mc's posts like , , . it feels like overly simplistic logic? like, there's no questioning as to why pooky is scumreading us, and there's also no comment on the fact that he did start townreading us shortly after?
In post 647, MURDERCAT wrote:let's 1v1 me and dwlee please
where the hecc did this come from? [yes, i read later on that mc wants to go through with a viable wagon or something, but i'm gonna need some more explanation from him for why dwlee is scum here? it can be linked too, wouldn't be surprised if i missed it. i went back to mc's wallpost to check, but it doesn't feel fully explained there, so eli5 pls]

also, as much as it pains to say, i'm still feeling n_m is town. this level of effort feels like he gives half a shit about this game. comparing it to my last two game played with him, and some other game i was skimming where bingle said that efforting!n_m is town!n_m, this is fine.

re nsg's : this makes me feel like nsg's in-the-middle-of-catching-up townread of me wasn't properly explained? like, i get not wanting to really get into things before being fully caught up, but the way is phrased makes it feel like those people that she's weakly-townreading-to-nullreading haven't had enough content for her to sort properly yet, which in turn makes me think that she think i have had enough content out to be sorted, which means i'd like to hear about it, even though i know it might not hold up by the time she finishes catching up. something about reading the mindset in that moment or soemthing.

unless the answer is "datisi, ur scumgame is [cyrus] so ur a townread", which, ouch, but also understandable.

stopping here, my eyes are glazing over, be back soon.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:13 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 946, Infinity 324 wrote:flea always gets wagoned and i feel bad for faer

i don't really think anything fae has been accused is ai
Eh I'm used to it at this point, flea game ain't a flea game if I'm not the D1.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:16 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

Another read with no basis.

Hey gamma, pooks is town.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:17 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 710, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 694, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 693, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 690, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like why would town!you even be indifferent between you/dwlee which one gets elimmed
I didn't say I was indifferent to who got limmed

this is the stuff that scum pooky does by the way
Like this is scum pooky trying to make someone look bad by twisting words, not town pooky genuinely trying to sort me or even get town to agree I'm scum.
I'm not twisting your words, its literally what you said.

"Vote me or vote dwlee"

lol
this feels similar to what i described above, i guess... like, if someone is adamant in 1v1ing someone, saying "vote between us" obviously doesn't mean that the person doesn't actually care who gets voted out. this post feels like more trying to twist words and their literal meaning when it's pretty clear what was implied.

+1 to to wanting to see an example.
In post 738, northsidegal wrote:you know, i really gotta get the ellibereth marketing team to help me get a tell named after me. i want people to be using the "northtell" or the "NSGtell" even if they've never heard of me
for what's it worth, i've been thinking of the cognitive load tell as "the northsidegal tell", pretty much.

i'm very tempted to just blindly sheep . guiltylion has like, a decent post-count with most if not all of it being active solving? good enough for d1. says mc is town because he actually read the links people posted? yeah ok.

however, i did open the link to mini 2170 that pooky linked in , and it's worrying to say the least, because i skimmed the timestamps of the whole first page of his iso happened around the start of the game? also i noticed n_m was scum in that game too and i opened his iso and it had like 80 posts and now i'm questioning whether the "n_m posted something so he's town" actually should be used anymore and fuck, i didn't want to have to think why is this game forcing me to think
In post 767, GuiltyLion wrote:Pooky - I see where you're coming from, I definitely don't think this is inspiring play from MC, but I noticed in another game he said "Infinity knows me best" and I think Infinity's meta read holds up
erm. i'm not sure if this should be taken at face value, considering murdercat and infinity were scum together in that game... also making a note right away, if neither infinity nor murdercat comment on the fact that you're pulling up this meta that might not be accurate due to obvious reasons, i'm going to be looking at both mc and infy for not saying anything.

feels overly simplified, and i guess nsg's vote in is then a Mini Mindmeld:tm:?

the new head in goats pings me as gut townie? idk why. ...and i turn the page and there's , lol.
In post 803, Flea The Magician wrote:Just because it looks like I'm not doing much, it doesn't mean I'm not doing much.
while this is an absolute mood, i'm not sure i like this being paired in with such... defensiveness? omgus? i dunno. like if you admit it looks like you're not doing anything, are you really surprised someone is scumreading you for it? do you think town!guiltylion should've not scumread you there?

bottom of page 33, later.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:21 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 965, Datisi wrote:erm. i'm not sure if this should be taken at face value, considering murdercat and infinity were scum together in that game... also making a note right away, if neither infinity nor murdercat comment on the fact that you're pulling up this meta that might not be accurate due to obvious reasons, i'm going to be looking at both mc and infy for not saying anything.
honestly i didn't click the link to see what game it was from because it's true. i can soulread murder a lot. although my read on him here isn't nearly to that level.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:05 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 830, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 739, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I can name the divergent solving tell after you but you need a snazzy name for it
Did NSG actually start that? I mostly associate this “divergent” thing with Bell because it’s near-always used on him
is "this person solves more as town" a tell now? well thinking about it, i guess it makes some sense, but eh. feels like a way too broad thing to be considered a specific tell imo. or like, way too applicable to too many players. does that make sense? anyway.

i know i used it earlier, but i gotta point out anyway, i find it very amusing that people are using "[cyrus]" to bleep swears.

reading through pooky/infy on page 36/37, i'm getting vibes that's t/t, and i'm not really sure why i'm gut town on pooky when i feel like half his posts are either exaggerating something or pushing an agenda but here we are???

however, is... uh. back into same old. for reference, i played in ss4, and pooky's certain read of scum!ydrasse and scum!chara came like, 150 pages into the game on day 4 or 5, after an extensive reread of the first few days. (there was a big twist at the end of d3, which caused the town to have to go back and reread to try to figure out what was happening.) pooky showed extreme certainty in the two reads, yes, but it was after much more content and much more analysis. saying that his mc read here is "nearly in the same manner" as his two reads there is... not true.

i'm trying to think of where i've seen pooky act this defeatist, and the only games i can think of is the cursed miccro 960 and that one secret hitler marathon i modded, and he was town in both...

@pooky, do you ever spew baseless ate as scum like that?
In post 954, goats wrote:
Their NM read actually has me thinking NM might just be thread spewed?
He's receiving so many town reads (including even, I'm seeing now, from Pooky somehow),
and while I typically don't like these kinda reads if I was a wolf with NM I would bus the hell out of that guy.
Maybe the prior town reads on him though would negate that. Meh. He's still wolfy imo.
coming from an experience of sample size 1, scum!n_m does not always get bussed by his team, if he's being townread by the townies, there's generally no danger in just leaving him be, especially as there's rarely actual policy yeets here.

i feel like i should be having Opinions on implo's , but i don't.

and i'm back to my first catchup post. yay.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:13 am

Post by Datisi »

GuiltyLion

Datisi

Gamma Emerald

PookyTheMagicalBear

Infinity 324

MURDERCAT

goats

8 Dwlee99
northsidegal

implosion

Klick

Not_Mafia

13 Flea the Magician

i copied the playerlist, and i decided to just strike out everyone who i had any reason to townread, and uh, yikes? however, it's a good exercise to show that i probably shouldn't be too stingy with voting/scumreading someone just because i had this one townping on them 3 years ago

i looked at the vc to try to get an idea where to vote, i saw dwlee being the leading wagon, i opened their iso to try to see what's up, i saw like 120 posts of mostly one liners that i mostly don't remember and my head hit the desk

dwlee, can you like tldr your view of the game or something idk
~M
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:28 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 967, Datisi wrote:@pooky, do you ever spew baseless ate as scum like that?
well my thing is like, why does he do that as scum? it feels like something you'd do if the game was almost lost, but there's no possible way scum could be in that situation here
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:36 am

Post by Datisi »

oh yeah, tttt was a thing that happened. did he do that there? i know he did at least at one point, but that might've been at the last day when he was already in autoloss

i should go check but i don't want to go back to that clusterfuck
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:40 am

Post by Datisi »

Spoiler: ttttscum!pooky in tttt, circa lylo
In post 725, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:lol clidd nice throw
In post 727, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i had the scum team dead to rights yesterday but you insisted on killing infinity and now you want to complete the throw cuz ur mad at me about something outside the game

clap clap clap clap
In post 729, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:nothing personal but you've been wrong all game and instead of reseting you insist on completing the throw
In post 732, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:this isnt ate you're just straight throwing
In post 733, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like i was fine yesterday with you ignoring my reads to yeet my top townpick cuz it literally didnt matter as long as you followed dwlees plan but now you want to ditch the plan to straight up throw the game and thats just epic hilarious
In post 734, clidd wrote:Let's see.

VOTE: PookyTheMagicalBear
In post 735, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:clap clap clap

great play clidd

top tier
In post 736, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:gg i was town
In post 738, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:just waiting for the end. thanks for trying clidd
In post 739, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:just do it dude this is such a waste of time holy shit

even if i ignore the fact that the lylo was the last ditch effort while here it's still "only" d1, i don't think this is really similar to what happened here?

unless that's what he wants me to think ooooOOOOoOoOh
~M
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:46 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Dats you're lying if you have no reason to townread me.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:50 am

Post by Datisi »

none that i can remember right now. i'm listening to why you're thinking i should be townreading you?
~M
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:50 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

GuiltyLion
Gamma Emerald
Dwlee99
implosion

Datisi
Flea the Magician
PookyTheMagicalBear
Infinity 324
MURDERCAT
Klick

northsidegal
Not_Mafia
goats

This is where I'm at when I just put everyone into what my head associates with their slot and I'm annoyed I have much less solid townreads than before. If I'm wrong on Esooa I am probably wrong on northside cause I'm bad at this game.
I prefer they, thanks :)

Return to “Completed Open Games”