GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think this hydra dissonance is probably legit and town-indicative

if scum!goats then I doubt a head comes in here and starts posting takes without reading their own ISO or consulting with them about the gamestate, especially one that contradicts a primary scumread
and I also think if scum!goats then whichever head was hard-pushing me would have been talking about it

so either this head is lying about not knowing the game or they're town
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by goats »

In post 21, Not_Mafia wrote:implosion is scum
This is interesting as I've never seen NM give a read this early ever. However I dislike it as I don't understand the read and past that I find trolly type players act more "normal" when wolfing
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 799, Dwlee99 wrote:MC read on Pooky reminds me of MC read on LLD in Yggdrasil so that is tempting.
So you think I'm town?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 793, GuiltyLion wrote:p-edit: Flea I did already give the main one several times - you shaded me repeatedly while goats was hardpushing me yet never voted me. The secondary one is you haven't engaged with most of the slots in the game and haven't voted beyond your RVS this entire day phase, I'm not seeing any solving coming out of your play just dirt repeatedly thrown at me whenever you do post
You realise there's more than just the normal way to play mafia, right?
Just because it looks like I'm not doing much, it doesn't mean I'm not doing much.
Admittedly since saturday my head has been an absolute trainwreck and the fact I've spent 3 hours in my head back in secondary/high school because of someone triggering me, then spent 2 hours crying and 3 hours sleeping I tend to forget where I even am.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by goats »

In post 28, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Implosion
I'm trusting the cow
this post is kinda wtf
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 802, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 799, Dwlee99 wrote:MC read on Pooky reminds me of MC read on LLD in Yggdrasil so that is tempting.
So you think I'm town?
Maybe
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

That I'm finding this a similar vibe in combination with your thunderdome makes me think you might be town p much.
I prefer they, thanks :)
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by goats »

In post 36, GuiltyLion wrote:I choose Not_Mafia as the first of my hardtowns
In post 37, MURDERCAT wrote:NM likely town imo
what the fuck no no n
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by goats »

In post 40, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 35, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 29, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 24, Not_Mafia wrote:I can't be bothered to explain why but you can just take my word for it
Not doing this unless you do something to justify me trusting you
I mean, just read his posts
you might be right but I’m still not taking your word on just about anything yet
In post 37, MURDERCAT wrote:NM likely town imo
:|
I feel like you should be the
least
likely person other than me to TR what NM is doing
In post 41, Gamma Emerald wrote:Pooky too ig but since I’m trusting your voice rn I want to make it clear I think you’re walking into a pitfall you’ve already been in
Gammas reads here feel natural
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by goats »

In post 44, Datisi wrote:when i read , it did feel to me like a vaguely pointless question, so seeing n_m's right after it was nice. n_m can be town for now, and my rvs vote is no longer rvs.
Aren't pointless questions just a facet of first page posts? I don't understand this
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by goats »

In post 47, Datisi wrote:i was gonna make a post saying how i also didn't like guiltylion, because him naked voting implo without any given thought felt odd, because in the coalition run i recently modded, he voted on page one after providing decent reasoning first. ...and then i went to actually *check* the game, and realized that no, i misremembered, he naked voted there too and provided reasoning later. so nevermind, carry on.
okay this is towny though
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by goats »

I actually have a real read on NM for once and it's that he's a wolf, one never seen him give a fuck as town at all even when people get mad at him constantly for anti town. Wolves care about they're presence way more though
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by goats »

wow that post is awful in terms of typos sorry
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by goats »

In post 59, Flea The Magician wrote:That moment when the rules list is a direct rip of mine with some minor modifications xD

VOTE: implosion
weh vote
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by goats »

In post 72, bugspray wrote:i also think gamma opener is p wack even if it's nai
VOTE: gamma

bro datisi whats up me dude?
bad
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by goats »

In post 86, implosion wrote:
In post 82, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 69, implosion wrote:dwlee likely town for that.
can you elaborate on this one? I don't see how that post makes Dwlee any more likely town, he's just accepting a townread on him from Flea

I also don't vibe with your Datisi scumread, I feel is town!indicative from him because if he were scum wanting to bullshit a read on me he would have likely checked the Coalition game first to see whether he could find something different in my play, rather than claiming suspicion first without checking. Forgetting that I naked voted in the last game doesn't feel to me like the kind of fake thought process that scum would make up if he knew I'm town here
It doesn't have to do with him being one of Flea's townreads (I didn't notice that, so if that's what Dwlee was doing then ignore this); I had thought Flea's posting looked townish at a glance but not enough to mention it and I think it's not a read that scum has that much incentive to give at that moment. The thread hadn't been posted in for an hour and I think it's more likely for town to come in and say "this opening looks town" than for scum to come in and give a townread on someone who had no reads on them yet.

Regarding Datisi: I don't think the forgetting that you naked voted is fake? I don't see why scum Datisi can't have seen your vote here and said "oh, i think this is a difference in GL's play" and then gone back and seen that it wasn't. The read on him is partially tonal as well.
actually I dislike the first paragraph here as that's just... not true? Why would a wolf not be able to just town read someone as a way of participating? That's like completely normal. This feels like an extremely TMI post irt their town read
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 772, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 753, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you're talking about one post he made under pressure after ghosting the thread for a week.

his previous post had been called out as weak one liners that had no substance or depth, so of course his next post is going to contain like more than one sentence.

he knows he has to make something that looks good or he gets yeeted so why wouldn't he fake some nuance?

like letting someone self-meta their own scum game is like setting up a 5 inch high hurdle for them to walk over.

btw this is the last time murdercat like scumread me for real reals on d1:

Mini 2170

Notice how much more involved he is in solving, interacting in the thread, look at the depth level of his reads and how much detail he goes into for the town even for post elimination after I had already more or less put him in a coffin.

This is not the same at all compared to what he's doing here.
solvy flareon is a rare flareon

like you're assuming that town!murdercat would always have reads with a ton of depth which is clearly not true, even in the game that you linked there are multiple points where his reads aren't super deep

my first assumption is never that someone expanded their scumrange and i'm not sure why yours is

cuz i had to hit him with a baseball bat to even try in this game!?!?!?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by goats »

In post 88, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 86, implosion wrote:It doesn't have to do with him being one of Flea's townreads (I didn't notice that, so if that's what Dwlee was doing then ignore this); I had thought Flea's posting looked townish at a glance but not enough to mention it and I think it's not a read that scum has that much incentive to give at that moment. The thread hadn't been posted in for an hour and I think it's more likely for town to come in and say "this opening looks town" than for scum to come in and give a townread on someone who had no reads on them yet.
townpost
no. Dislike this too but I'm not sure a wolf gives such a flat matter of fact town read on another wolf. Maybe there will be explanation later though so yeah
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 816, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cuz i had to hit him with a baseball bat to even try in this game!?!?!?
Now show it's scum indicative
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

NewGoats can you please condense this catchup if you're going to do the entire game
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:53 pm

In post 794, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 741, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Murdercat is NSTing because he's not very interested in solving/interaction and needs to be dragged by his fingernails into even trying.
Now show that this hasn't happened to me when I'm town
the difference is when u re engage u at least make sense and your read on me makes 0 sense
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:56 pm

In post 794, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 741, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Murdercat is NSTing because he's not very interested in solving/interaction and needs to be dragged by his fingernails into even trying.
Now show that this hasn't happened to me when I'm town
lol goalpost moving
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:56 pm

i said its more likely to come from scum MC than town MC. i didnt say town mC is never lazy
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by goats »

I disagree with most of what Klick says in their first post but I think the post is towny
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by goats »

In post 819, GuiltyLion wrote:NewGoats can you please condense this catchup if you're going to do the entire game
I finished page 5 but I need to get back to other things now. Might skim some others and give thoughts that are more important I just wanted to give thoughts while I was here. Should be more later and on my computer which will make it easiest to write posts for readability. I don't really bother with that on mobile

Return to “Completed Open Games”