GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:44 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 646, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 624, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm gonna look at some MURDERCAT scum games in between spells of work today to see what his top scum performance can look like cause I'm worried the Infinity examples might be closer to his worst rather than his average/best

I also dislike the argument on this page of "why would I not want a bugs hammer as scum" on first pass, feels WIFOMy
It's this one: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85633
I read through quite a bit of this ISO and didn't see anything at the level of depth of , the closest was probably this post but it still has that same weaksauce vibe as the posts Infinity linked. I read through more of the ISOs in those games, I also looked at this iso and again, not a lot of complex thoughts packed into a big wallpost, and when he did wall and give reads, again all surface level takes

The biggest difference I think between and several of these catchup/reads posts from MC as scum is that in the scum reads posts he gives all his reads as finished conclusions he's made at the time of posting, whereas some of his reads evolve through the post itself.

so either MC has notably ramped up his ability to fake nuanced thought processes in this particular game or he's just town, I'm in agreement with Infinity's read here now and don't support a MC wagon today.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:52 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

MC needs thoughts on northside
I prefer they, thanks :)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:53 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

you're talking about one post he made under pressure after ghosting the thread for a week.

his previous post had been called out as weak one liners that had no substance or depth, so of course his next post is going to contain like more than one sentence.

he knows he has to make something that looks good or he gets yeeted so why wouldn't he fake some nuance?

like letting someone self-meta their own scum game is like setting up a 5 inch high hurdle for them to walk over.

btw this is the last time murdercat like scumread me for real reals on d1:

Mini 2170

Notice how much more involved he is in solving, interacting in the thread, look at the depth level of his reads and how much detail he goes into for the town even for post elimination after I had already more or less put him in a coffin.

This is not the same at all compared to what he's doing here.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 702, northsidegal wrote: i think that people had some decent arguments regarding GL's reaction to goats' push, specifically what he said about an early vote and whether or not it makes people less likely to be aligned. i think that his response was pretty well reasoned but even still i have too much respect for his scumgame to put him as a top townread just because we tended to have the same thoughts on things.
is this like an inverse pocket where you claim respect for my scumgame to get on my good side :lol:

but on a serious note, what are you basing this on, I feel my scumgame is noticeably weak compared to my towngame
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 736, Flea The Magician wrote:Given by your own words I have not placed a vote, how am I setting up a misyeet vote when I've had more than enough oppotunity to jump on you by now?
I'm not following this - I didn't like that it felt like you were setting yourself up to vote me without committing, off the back of goats winding me up (in and ). It doesn't retroactively make those posts better just because you didn't follow through on them, if anything they've aged worse. Townies should be voting their scumreads to put them under real pressure and forcing everyone else to react to the wagon, not sitting around with no stakes in the game taking potshots at the players under fire
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by goats »

hi I'm here again I'm esooa I've read nothing
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by goats »

oh shit Northside and flea are here?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 754, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 702, northsidegal wrote: i think that people had some decent arguments regarding GL's reaction to goats' push, specifically what he said about an early vote and whether or not it makes people less likely to be aligned. i think that his response was pretty well reasoned but even still i have too much respect for his scumgame to put him as a top townread just because we tended to have the same thoughts on things.
is this like an inverse pocket where you claim respect for my scumgame to get on my good side :lol:

but on a serious note, what are you basing this on, I feel my scumgame is noticeably weak compared to my towngame
honestly, i'm not entirely sure – i've just always thought of you as a skilled scumplayer.

it might actually even go back to some of my first newbie games? you were in one or two of them, and even if you weren't scum maybe i just internalized you as "good at the game" and that bled over or something? still, i think you're probably understating things – i'm almost certain you've had some pretty good scum wins.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by goats »

In post 728, Klick wrote:hello, sorry; depression

Gonna try a different approach. Instead of deep reading everything at once I'm just gonna discuss what I care about in the present.
Ive lightly skimmed everything up to this point. Two major things that stuck out to me:

- Pooky is likely town. I think scum!Pooky is likely to actually stick to his 25 post limit meme (or otherwise never make it in the first place). If Pooky were scum here, the decision to start trying hard gives away a fair amount about his scumteam (ie that he'd be feeling the heat and decided to jump in because he's worried his team is struggling, or something along those lines). I don't think scum!Pooky does this, especially in this setup; ergo, Pooky probtown.

- Dwlee's approach to nsg's replacement/catchup is giving me weird vibes and I wanna sort out why, because earlier Dwlee was feeling towny to me

Tangentially related, hello nsg, glad to be playing with you even if it was not entirely by choice lol
Depression.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by goats »

I don't understand the op, what day phase is it?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

esooa give some immediate reactions to posts on the last couple pages
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

it's day 1
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by goats »

I just skimmed the last two pages looking at nothing but post frequency/size and I'd say dwlee is a wolf based off this
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

which previous posts in the game are yours?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by goats »

In post 712, MURDERCAT wrote:You've never seen Titus ask for wagons between two players without the immediate intention of limming one of them? I know you aren't this dense.
In post 714, MURDERCAT wrote:Do I really have to argue that forcing people to commit between Dwlee and myself is protown in the case one of us ever flips?
In post 747, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:do you think murdercat is scum?
In post 749, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:r u just scum with murdercat lol
cursory town reads on these posts
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by goats »

In post 764, northsidegal wrote:which previous posts in the game are yours?
Zero of them. Wait no I said what's up last night while drunk I think
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Flea the Magician

I don't like any of the Dwlee/MC/NSG wagons currently

Pooky - I see where you're coming from, I definitely don't think this is inspiring play from MC, but I noticed in another game he said "Infinity knows me best" and I think Infinity's meta read holds up
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by goats »

Everywhere I look Guilty Lions is making large posts and I think they're mostly content so that's a very good look
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by goats »

omg not mafia is in this game? VOTE: not mafia
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by goats »

well my day 1 vote has been decided

anyways
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 768, goats wrote:Everywhere I look Guilty Lions is making large posts and I think they're mostly content so that's a very good look
??

are you discussing this game with your hydra partner?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 753, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you're talking about one post he made under pressure after ghosting the thread for a week.

his previous post had been called out as weak one liners that had no substance or depth, so of course his next post is going to contain like more than one sentence.

he knows he has to make something that looks good or he gets yeeted so why wouldn't he fake some nuance?

like letting someone self-meta their own scum game is like setting up a 5 inch high hurdle for them to walk over.

btw this is the last time murdercat like scumread me for real reals on d1:

Mini 2170

Notice how much more involved he is in solving, interacting in the thread, look at the depth level of his reads and how much detail he goes into for the town even for post elimination after I had already more or less put him in a coffin.

This is not the same at all compared to what he's doing here.
solvy flareon is a rare flareon

like you're assuming that town!murdercat would always have reads with a ton of depth which is clearly not true, even in the game that you linked there are multiple points where his reads aren't super deep

my first assumption is never that someone expanded their scumrange and i'm not sure why yours is
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by goats »

In post 6, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think I wanna try something a bit different this game. During the first couple days of D1, I want everyone to pick out two people. For the rest of D1, you must treat them as hard town, working with them to try and form reads, push scum, and solve the game. I think in a setup like this, a tactic like what I’m suggesting could bear some tasty fruit.

I already have a my two picks kinda set in my head and I’d rather people make selections before interactions start to really get going, so to start us off I’m picking Infinity324 and MURDERCAT.
Okay that would be flea and NSG cause they're the people I like the most here (I don't know most of the rest)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I think goats is scum now