goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by goats »

can I have a vc please? I wanna see how many and which players are pushing CWs to GL.

^^^^^ attempt at making GL look bad ^^^^^
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Klick »

Implosion's anger at Pookyis almost certainly genuine. I think it's slightly more likely to come from town than scum.

Flea, how does one go about reading you? What things do you tend to do as town but not as scum, and vice versa? I've played in bits of games with you before and not really been sure how I should approach getting a read on you.
In post 211, goats wrote:
In post 209, Dwlee99 wrote:Goats why don't you like Gamma's entrance?
Starts off with a dumb busywork exercise that tries to show off how town he is. Then fluffs a bit. Then spends a few posts discrediting townreads on NM who I think is town.

Enough people have said that all this is in Gamma's townrange for me to accept that their play this game and the baboon thing are NAI. But it's a real stretch to call it actively townie unless you have TMI.
This reads like goats believes what he's saying.
In post 223, goats wrote:I don't care that the setup punishes bussing you made the vote very early on and in a context that allowed you to switch off him without incurring any suspicion whatsoever. You never outed a really strong scumread of him it was more like a "oh I can't find any other palatable options, guess I'll kick dwlee's ass in gear". All he has to do is show up and post and you have an excuse to shift the vote off him.
THIS is the problem I had with GL earlier, exactly. He was doing something committal with his vote, and then he shifted it to a place where it was easier to pivot.
In post 227, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 225, goats wrote:3) GL says "I can't possibly be partners with dwlee, I voted him one time!"
This is not at all what I said, actually
Mmm it kind of is though. 'The last thing I would be doing is voting my buddy as scum' is basically equivalent to that point in this context.
In post 230, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't need to argue or convince anybody of me not being scum with Dwlee because I already know it's not true.
????

and then I fell asleep on accident. Exiting 'in-depth reading' mode, entering 'skim and quip' mode so that I can actually play this game lol.
Unless something changes drastically in the last little bits I have left to read, here's where I'm at

TOWN
Datisi
Dwlee99

goats
bugspray
Infinity 324
implosion

Gamma/NM/MURDERCAT/Pooky/Flea

GuiltyLion
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by goats »

In post 102, goats wrote:
In post 91, Klick wrote:So first of all, I'm not in a place where I can post lots of times per day. Most of my posting will come during my nighttime, and so it's gonna be somewhat sparse. Just flagging that now. I didn't wake up to 10+ pages so I feel hopeful that it won't be a problem here.

Over half of Gamma's posts have made me want to vote him so far, but that's probably a sign that I'm seeing things in his play that are NAI more than anything actually substantive.
Going to come back to trying to read him when there's more to work with.
Town.
This particular bit reads town to me. It's like, someone holding themselves back from making a read because they admit they could be biased. Weird and uncommon thing to fake as mafia, and if they were scum making a fake read on Gamma for agenda purposes they'd probably just drop the receipts and push it. There is a thread of uncertainty/self-doubt that feels genuine here but isn't being used to hedge.

257 was also good. Mindmelds with me regarding GL's vote on Dwlee being weird and has a read on Dwlee I thought was a lot more likely to come from town:
Dwlee's catchup doesn't feel like they want to convince me they're town, which make s me think they're town. Feels a lot more like disengaged town than scum with a team relying on their survival
This kinda stepping into other shoes stuff, trying to twist around and figure out mindsets and attitudes and whether or not someone is playing with a team, is something that is really hard to fake as scum (because you have to do an extra layer of it - you're stepping into the shoes of town stepping into the shoes of another player) but comes naturally for townies.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by goats »

In post 350, Infinity 324 wrote:why is klick town?
^ question answered above.

Klick's most recent post has good takes (goats good GL bad) so that seems fine too.

I am curious why bugspray is so high up and implosion is so low though @Klick
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by goats »

In post 333, GuiltyLion wrote:bugspray and Pooky have both visited the site elsewhere but not here since the whole goats/GL thing, in a vacuum I find that slightly suspicious
btw since when are this kind of reads allowed?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Are you scumreading Klick rn?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 352, Klick wrote:goats
bugspray
Why aren’t these your top two? :D
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 354, goats wrote:
^ question answered above.

Klick's most recent post has good takes (goats good GL bad) so that seems fine too.

I am curious why bugspray is so high up and implosion is so low though @Klick
the group of goats/bugspray/Infinity/implosion as a whole are weak townreads, players that I'd call as town at the moment but really I'd like some more concrete evidence one way or the other.

I feel good about bugspray - they have little to work off of, but their early pressure/thoughts on Gamma lined up with what I was thinking at the time closely enough that it felt like a towntell. I remember mindmelding in a similar way with them recently when they were town as well.

I was in the middle of trying to get a more solid read on implosion when you posted this. implosion is essentially null for me, he has a very calculated demeanour that I struggle to get reads from early. The emotional outburst he had irt Pooky is the one thing that has pinged me as
maybe town from him. Other than that, I think almost everything he's posted could be from town or scum. Next time I'm around and it's not the middle of the night I'll go back to ISOong him and see if I feel any differently using a different approach.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 357, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 352, Klick wrote:goats
bugspray
Why aren’t these your top two? :D
Bahaha these are the first two people to vote you after me aren't they
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Klick »

Yuppp. Well played lol
Anyway back to sleep I will grace you all with my presence yet again tonorrkw
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 349, goats wrote:
In post 344, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 342, Datisi wrote:why is guiltylion a "duh"? i don't think you actually said anything about him, other than you liked he kicked your ass into high gear, and then later on that you don't see anything scummy from him. did i miss you talking more in depth about him somewhere?

also uh, do you wanna talk about anything wrt me?
GuiltyLion is a duh because
his whole thing with goats is confusing to understand
what's confusing about it?
Genuine frustration but as I said before it could be a caught for the wrong reasons thing and if he is town I kinda get what he is saying about your push on him? Which is why you're also in my confused pile.
I prefer they, thanks :)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 339, Datisi wrote:i feel like making a triangle
what's a triangle?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 346, goats wrote:yeah man you got me. I'm trying to convince the rest of the town to vote you out and am making posts that insinuate you are mafia. you really exposed my hidden motivations there.
Just for the record, I'm going to stop engaging with this for a while. In the event you are town here we clearly have incompatible playstyles/ideas and I don't really see a way forward of me not fixating on a scumread on you, nor us actually ever getting to a point of working together productively if you can't stop antagonizing me with the arrogance and the sarcasm

if you have genuine or good faith questions for me that might help you understand why I think what I think better then bring them forward, but otherwise I'm going to have to tune you out so I can hold onto my desire to actually play this game

like, as one last attempt as a serious reply to this, the scare quotes are nothing more than a way of trying to make me defensive. Missing posts or forgetting to reply to them isn't scummy and you sure as [censored for cyrus] should know that. I
always
make good on replying to things if people call out that I've missed them.

And this question you originally wanted me to reply to (as well as a bunch of your newer posts), it honestly saps my will to play if I try to reply to all of them. They're phrased leadingly, they're littered with subtle strawmen/misrepresentations of my posts, and the worst part is I'm sure that even if I did sit down and try to patiently tease out where you're twisting my words or trying to manipulate the thread perception around what I said, you'll just immediately jump in afterwards with a bunch more 'gotcha's, yanking me into an endless rabbit hole of this kind of pseudo bravado and tanking the gamestate into a toxic 1v1.

I almost think I might just
want
to think that you're scum because it's unpleasant to deal with people who play like this as town. it's been a while since I've been tunneled by someone so arrogantly in this way and I really just don't vibe with it.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 352, Klick wrote:THIS is the problem I had with GL earlier, exactly. He was doing something committal with his vote, and then he shifted it to a place where it was easier to pivot.
so you also claim to townread implosion for his response to Pooky, that's exactly where I re-evaluated on him

why do you think me then shifting to Dwlee is scum!motivated? Why are you treating the 'scum!GL needed to go to a "place where it's easier to pivot"' narrative as more likely than town!GL not having a strong scumread after his last vote started towntelling?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 358, Klick wrote:I feel good about bugspray - they have little to work off of, but their early pressure/thoughts on Gamma lined up with what I was thinking at the time closely enough that it felt like a towntell. I remember mindmelding in a similar way with them recently when they were town as well.
Can you link the game/post where this previous T-T mindmeld occurred?

I don't really grok "mind melding over the early pressure on Gamma" as enough for a solid TR here
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 355, goats wrote:
In post 333, GuiltyLion wrote:bugspray and Pooky have both visited the site elsewhere but not here since the whole goats/GL thing, in a vacuum I find that slightly suspicious
btw since when are this kind of reads allowed?
It happens, some people don’t like it but it happens
The validity is mixed
<Embrace The Void>

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Flea the Magician

I think if goats is town, Flea is the most likely scum setting up to jump on the freebie ML wagon and trying to do just enough to make sure it looks Good and Justified
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Tbh Flea has kinda been in my blind spot so far this game
<Embrace The Void>

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by bugspray »

guiltyloion is obvtown i sus datisi, implo, and flea
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 368, Gamma Emerald wrote:Tbh Flea has kinda been in my blind spot so far this game
people in your blind spot are more likely to be not aligned with town
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

sup homies.

I'd do another long ass wall post but most ya'all didn't read my last wallpost so I'm gonna keep this short and simple.

MurderCat's "Iso"

VOTE: MurderCat

Dude's choking.

I don't believe Mr. Paragon can't come up with a single thought in an entire week.

Plus he chokes as scum all the time.

Adding a vote here because votecounter is upset at this one for whatever reason:~koba

VOTE: MURDERCAT
Last edited by DkKoba on Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: Murdercat
I prefer they, thanks :)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:44 pm

Post by Klick »

VOTE: MURDERCAT
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:53 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 332, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 273, Not_Mafia wrote:Scumplosion jumping on a wagon the minute he sees any traction on it
NM what'd you think of

I don't know if scum!implosion would post that if his intent is to continue to vote and push me later
meh
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?

Return to “Completed Open Games”