Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:08 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1164, Sleez wrote:Undecided about Lukewarm after reading. Not even close to a townread but there's something missing in his posts. I looked back and everything he says is only towards people. There is no independent thought or solving. What gives.
I really don't understand this, but it is coming from both you and bulge, so I guess there is something there.

My engagement with penguin about her convo with dunn was me working on solving her, same with my questions for manatee. But then both of you looked at those exchanges, said Luke looks bad here, and then followed it up with Luke does not even look like he is solving, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like I said, I really don't understand what people are even saying is missing, but since 2 people that I am leaning town for are saying it, I guess something is. The only thing that I think could possibly be different for me in this game compared to others is that I am currently overgamed. I am alive in 4 games right now, when 2 is my comfort zone. Maybe I am not digging as deep as I would otherwise? idk
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:17 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1184, Medea the Alien wrote:What I find interesting here is that this is the first place where she really acknowledged that her town read on us wasn't very strong. It had been pointed out to her for the previous hour of real-time that she actually purports to quite like the other players voting Medea. As town, doesn't that make you slightly re-evaluate the validity of the wagon? Like, as town, you claim to dislike a wagon. People point out that it's comprised of people you see as towny with a late-joining potential scum member. This...is actually a not surprising wagon comp for a wagon on actual scum. Especially on a 'strong' player who scum might be hesitant to bus. But there's no meaningful revisiting of our potential scumminess.

Consider this. A world where ManateeGirl is scum and also knows that the wagon is on town. She wants credit for disliking the wagon but doesn't feel like she can discredit most of the members of it. The first two votes in particular are hard to argue meaningfully against (Pooky being not logically-based, Rhea's because looking back at it I suspect I know exactly why she voted the Cabd post she did). Then you have Dragons, Sleez, and Lukewarm. Former two are mostly being townread (which reminds me of something for a non-wall post) leaving the latter one to prop up as her reason for the wagon characterization.

I'm actually going to stop walling here because Cabd has pointed me to the post where Sleez wants to wade in on ManateeGirl and I want her opinion before diving further down the rabbit hole.

--PA
This is curious, given I am apparently your strongest scum read.

In world of Town!Medea and Scum!Manatee, you think that the one and only person that she lists as THE PERSON tainting the wagon is exactly her partner, and suggests that we elim me first for the day. And then even goes out of her way to NOT get credit for any wagon on me by saying that she is blindly sheeping Sleez?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:22 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1208, Sleez wrote:I still want to play on this account. I like the avatar.

I'm unwnd. Jokes over
I had no idea, until you said "lesser scum" in 1190. That phrase immediately made me think unwnd.

Also, hi unwnd !
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:22 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 740, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 734, ManateeGal wrote:
In post 728, Annie Edison wrote:What do you think of the reactions to your readslist, manatee? Do any stick out as concerning?
Lukewarm did the thing he did in the last game where we played where he posed a question @ me before voting but there was a notable lack of explanation which pings me in comparison
Your answer was the scum answer.

I find it impossible to believe that exactly my vote is enough for you to use it to base your entire read on medea around, especially since I unvoted them, and ESPECIALLY since you are now saying that your read on me is not ever really your own, and you are just sheeping sleez's read on me.

So, with you settling into that narrative, it just looks like you are blindly trying to talk your way out of the inconsistencies in your read list.
Luke and Manateegal do not look like mafia together
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:36 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1259, Sleez wrote:That's where I didn't really like Lukewarm. Lukewarm saw how dangerous it'd be to even vote Medea and he backed off. It was the worst vote and it seems that Medea agrees.
I think that you, and maybe other people, look at my vote as being part of the wagon that built up. But it wasn't. I was off on my own having a back and forth with penguin that landed me thinking that she was scum. So I voted.

Then, immediately after my vote, cabd drew attention to the fact that they were getting close to elimination (), so I unvoted. Because, even though I thought they were scummy, I kind of wanted to make sure that that thought was in synch with people I town read before I put them in a position to be launched. See me checking in with ffery ().

So my thought process was "Penguin is screaming scum to me. Vote.
-> Let me check in with other people to see if what I am saying makes sense, or if I am starting to tunnel over this. Reaches out to ffery.
-> Realizes that medea is close to elimination, and ffery left me on read. Unvote."
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1303, Dunnstral wrote:Luke and Manateegal do not look like mafia together
This was kind of my point with 1301.

If I am in medea's scummiest scum tier, it is strange to also see their case on manatee scum
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:12 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Luke what's your read on Medea given your point above?
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:27 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1297, Lukewarm wrote:I do not like this post.

It seems strange seeing someone else boil "voted luke and called him scummy" down to an unwarranted attack.

Idk if I am getting white knight vibes or not, since he does not even call me town here, but it seems weird.
Like I said in the bottom part of the post it felt like the punishment didn't fit the crime. I felt there was a lot of repeated bravado for something that struck me as a pretty minor point against you. I pretend to be super passionate about reads as scum because it makes it look like I'm engaged and trying to solve the game and felt that Sleez/unwnd could be doing that here.

I'm pretty null on most of sleezwnd's other content, but remember liking more of their posts around the mid to late 30s so eh there goes one of my few "unsafe" read I guess Bell'll get you all to lim me now :(
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:27 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1290, Titus wrote:43, Spiffeh might be scum.
Can you elaborate on what makes you feel this way?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:31 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I am still having a hard time seeing them as town.

Even thought most seem to not see it, I think that genguin's exchange with me and dunn early on was scummy.

I also am not a fan of the "actually, jokes on you, I was not trying to get town read anyways." Which I don't even think makes all that much sense just because of their demon status.

I actually find that really strange, but Ffery seems to get it. Maybe I am missing something.

If they were actively worried about the alternate win condition, I feel like they should have been trying to get thread control of the shard mechanic, instead of just shooting for null reads. Heck, they could have aimed to be widely town read, and just accepted the shards for themselves, which would guarantee that no new player was turned into a demon. Instead, they hung back and then just yelled at other people for trying to make plans.

From what I have seen of Town!Cabd, it seems like you can BoP them, and with me sitting at their scummiest scum slot, then I know that they are failing that.

I think that medea + mantee have a lot of scum equity together. With Manatee trying to vaguely discredit the medea wagon, and that being what got her caught. And now medea putting me as their #1 scum and then Manatee as thier #2 scum, despite that pairing making little sense, to me at least. But you know, fos your buddy, vote a townie and all. If that leads to a miselim on me, then congrats, but if manatee still goes through they can give off the appearance of passing a BoP
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:31 am

Post by Lukewarm »

But ffery seems to think that they are. Which does give me pause :/
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:49 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Not thrilled that I woke up to like three additional players who have me in the bottom quarter of their reads (Medea, Dunnstral, Titus)? Without any of them explaining why or engaging me in any meaningful way? And while Bell talked AT me about why he thinks I'm scum I don't feel that he went into that exchange with an entirely open mind.

I'm not down to universally occupy a low spot on these reads lists for the whole game because I know myself and know that will not be fun for me. So, please, talk to me/the ether about your issues with me instead of just slotting me in at the bottom. I am here now.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:59 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1309, Lukewarm wrote:And now medea putting me as their #1 scum and then Manatee as thier #2 scum, despite that pairing making little sense, to me at least. But you know, fos your buddy, vote a townie and all. If that leads to a miselim on me, then congrats, but if manatee still goes through they can give off the appearance of passing a BoP
Why can't they be scum reading both you and Manatee independently of each other?

It feels like you're discrediting their read on you before they've really explained it (which I do wish they prioritized, btw)?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:09 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1312, Spiffeh wrote:Why can't they be scum reading both you and Manatee independently of each other?

It feels like you're discrediting their read on you before they've really explained it (which I do wish they prioritized, btw)?
I guess they could be, but the fact that I was distinctly a tier lower then manatee gave me a different impression. My experience with Cabd would indicate that his lowest scum read tier is the one that he is locked into, and he is already partner hunting for. Think the vecna as a partner to manatee partner hunt in ceph's game.

And maybe you need to see his explanation before you know if it is correct or not, but I already know its wrong.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:16 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Spiffeh when you look at Image do you see Image

asking for a friend.

Also Hai Unwnd I totally had no idea that was you. Nice ghosting me buddy.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:18 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Don't get smart with me Pooky, if that's your way of telling me you're scum reading me I'm not amused!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:21 am

Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:22 am

In post 1315, Spiffeh wrote:Don't get smart with me Pooky, if that's your way of telling me you're scum reading me I'm not amused!

If you wink at me and tell me it's a bus I'll play dumb and ride on it cuz I love Mickey Mouse I promise
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:39 am

Post by Lukewarm »

The only way I could even get on the board was by making a bunch of posts in a row super early in the morning when no one else was on. smh.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:48 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

unwnd replaces Sleez by request.
beefycheese
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:53 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1311, Spiffeh wrote:Not thrilled that I woke up to like three additional players who have me in the bottom quarter of their reads (Medea, Dunnstral, Titus)? Without any of them explaining why or engaging me in any meaningful way?
You went up from my last list.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:56 am

Post by Dunnstral »

And the reason was: Your content from 727 and before was weak
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:10 am

Post by Annie Edison »

In post 1281, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 1016, Annie Edison wrote:Bell I would like to circle back to the Titus discussion later.
Timing for circleback?
[redacted]
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:18 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 1314, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Spiffeh when you look at Image do you see Image

asking for a friend.

Also Hai Unwnd I totally had no idea that was you. Nice ghosting me buddy.
What is this supposed to mean?
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Annie Edison »

A50 was a scum buddy they had to drag across the finish line in Tenet because they were hardcore lurking and just like… not town when they posted

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”