iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by iLord »

It matters little what reasons other people listed to jump on the wagon - the imporant part is what reasons actually exisited. I'd say this lynch cannot be blamed on "gaming the mod." We played reasonably rationally.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Claus »

Thief! Protect the hoard!

As the call echoed through the halls, the surviving dwarves of Oslanvathez rushed to the vaults in order to get the thief. "He is there, get him!" "I saw the knave scurrying that way!" "lock that door!"

After a few minutes of confusion, Cyberbob and Knight of Cydonia show up, holding a struggling CoheedCambria by the arms. The dwarves gather around him for a closer look:

- Another kobold thief! Right when we were under attack!
- I... I just... I didn't mean to...

CoCam feebly tried to defend himself, but he knew he was damned. The dwarves grabbed his legs, broke his arms, gouged his eyes out and eventually battered the small creature to death. In his hands, they found a single -xPig Tail Sockx-.

Taking joy in slaughter certainly made the dwarves happier, but it did not bring the fortress any closer to safety - afterall, much more dangerous things than a lowly kobold thief - who just wanted to get the hell out of that deathtrap - were still lurking in the darkness.

CoheedCambria -
Kobold Thief - not a threat
- Was lynched Day 1.

It is now night 1 - All dwarves should head to their rooms to sleep. Players with night actions have 72 hours to send me their night action PMs. Players with night speaking abilities may talk to their teammates.

===

Vote Count!

CoheedCambria 7 - Verbal, iLord, Timeater, Pesco47, Knight of Cydonia, Ramus, Reborn537
Timeater 2 - Andersonw, roffman
Tuberkulos 1 - Cyberbob

(CoCam was lynched on post 191)

Not Voting

Tuberkulos, CoheedCambria
Last edited by Claus on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by Claus »

Sekinj replaces Verbal. Thanks Sekinj!
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Claus »

After killing the skulking kobold, Cyberbob returns to his aposents. It was night and he had a job to do...

Cyberbob Cancels Cage Large Animal: Job Item misplaced.

"What?" Thought Cyberbob, "That cow was right here when I left - where could it..."

* Thump * - A large, bloodied cow head lands by Cyberbob's feet. Behind it, a creature cloaked by shadows was staring at him. - Did you lose anything?

As Cyberbob reaches for the head, the creature rushes and stabs him with a sharp object in the chest, than disappears in the darkness. Cyberbob tries to run to one of the other dwarves for help, but he quickly falls unconscious from the pain...

Cyberbob, Animal Trainer, has bled to death

Upon waking up, the remaining dwarves found his corpse in the farm grounds. He was still holding his dear pet's head tightly. After spending a good hour looting Cyberbob's stock of pig sock tails, silk loinclothes and rope weed, they prepare to face whatever killed their comrade last day...

Cyberbob,
Animal Trainer
, was killed Night 2!
It is now
Day Two
! With 10 creatures alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is october 23rd, 00:01 GMT!
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by sekinj »

Hey guys! I'm replacing Verbal who made exactly 2 posts... a lot to live up too there.

Anyway, I'm going to dive right in.
I've read through and I currently find iLord most suspicious. He has had plenty of reasonable
looking
discussions, but his only reason for suspecting Tub was that tub was trying to end the discussion phase. Ramus metioned trying to do the same thing, yet IL didn't suspect him. and then I don't like IL's subsequent trouble with the difference between "joking" and "eager"
Also, IL tried hard to be the peacemaker between CB and Time. Then near the end he says he supports the hammer on CC, but after the CC hammer tries to comfort the town by saying it was reasonable. He also acts innocent by throwing out his suspect "just in case he gets NK'd"
I think all of that is him trying too hard to be townie. IL's exlaination is that "trying to end the random phase isn't scummy, but using it as an excuse to do whatever is" I really didn't see Tub "doing whatever" but rather placing a semi-random vote and then disucssing it.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

:^
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Timeater »

Odd that Cyberbob should die and turn town. It looks like someone is trying to frame me, the man who was belligerent with Bob and thought he scum adamantly, and who had very obvious feelings of disdain towards Bob. Looking the thread over now for any clues who might want to do that.

Also, I find Sekinj's immediate iLord scum accusation kind of strange. Not only has iLord played a very straightforward and strong townie game, several people agree with that sentiment. Its easy to say he's been "too townie" - but I think thats just lazy play.
watch for the eggshells
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:00 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

@ Sekinj: I think you are going a little bit too far with this iLord vs. Tub - thing. Sure, I disagree with iLord's arguments (and he with mine), but I think that both me and him have come to some sort of understanding for each other's arguments. He understand why I acted the way I did, and I understand why he thought it was scummy. I've explained all that now, so I think it belongs to the past.

Still, wouldn't be suprised if he turned out to be scum. But if I ever will accuse iLord for being scum, it wouldn't be for the him vs. me-thing solely. To much to go on for that right now.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:16 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Timeater - wow. That was a huge jump to make just from the night kill. I get a feeling of scum playing WIFOM here - "I clearly wouldn't kill him because it would make me look bad".
FoS Timeater
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:26 am

Post by sekinj »

@time: I thought the same thing. However, the fact that you are the first one to bring it up does not sit well with me.

RE: IL - I find his play too choreographed. Also, I wouldn't have noticed the tub/IL disagreement except that IL attacked tub for things that other poeple were doing as well. However - as a replacement I may have mis-read the mood of the game as often happens. I've seen replacements many times bring up things that the rest of the town feels have been over-discussed. That is why I wantd to get people's input before adding a fos or vote. If IL is not scum, then I think some of the less active players may bear some closer attention.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:55 am

Currently interesting me are sekinj's case agaisnt IL (because it kinda makes sense, but it's maybe slightly reaching), and Timeater, who seemed to put in a defence before anyone even mentioned that possibility. Which I find quite scummy, because most town players wouldn't feel the need to defend themselves before the attack even happens - it seems like he's establishing something so that if people come back to it, he can just say "WTF Why didn't you read this fool" as claim that is evidence against anyone accusing him.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:40 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

[quote"sekinj"]as a replacement I may have mis-read the mood of the game as often happens[/quote]
Fully understandable. You got a few points though, that might be of value later if something "suspicious" about iLord turns up.

@ Timeater: You got on the defensive before you even encountered an offensive. Why didn't you wait for anyone to comment on it before you start explaining yourself?
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:27 am

Post by reborn537 »

Oh good lord, it's sekinj! *dives for cover*

This game is not going to end well.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:44 am

@ Timeater: You got on the defensive before you even encountered an offensive. Why didn't you wait for anyone to comment on it before you start explaining yourself?
Answer in next post, please.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:55 am

Post by sekinj »

reborn537 wrote:Oh good lord, it's sekinj! *dives for cover*

This game is not going to end well.
hello to you too reborn :P don't worry, I thought your posts looked scummy too, but then I remember that other game...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Pesco47 »

Timeater wrote: Odd that Cyberbob should die and turn town.
It'd be more odd if he turned up scum. Why do you even need to post a line like this? Feling the same vibe as everyone before me on this one.

FoS Tim

sekinj wrote: RE: IL - I find his play too choreographed.
I feel that he's making all the right plays for a townie, doesn't clear him in any comfy way IMO. His speculation at being NK'd is probably the only bad thing he's done. Keeping an eye on him wouldn't be a bad idea.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:45 am

All of above post = goodness.
Timeater - were you expecting/hoping for a different flip?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Timeater »

Lets be clear. I'm not mourning Cyberbob at all. In fact, I'm glad he's gone.

I dont like how Pesco is trying to spin off my above statement like I am mourning when I'm clearly not. There is something about Pesco, he/she is blatantly passive aggressive and while the posts he makes can be contrued as townie, something is just -off- about them in general.

Yes Knight, I really was expecting Bob to be scum. I thoroughly believed it. The fact that he is now dead leads me to believe someone is trying to exploit our "scuffle" and exploit my own animosity towards him. Pesco seems to be trying to do that, and was quick to try to exploit it after the scuffle happened. I dont really see how its such a "huge jump". Why would the scum kill bob for anything but this reason?

Getting on the defensive before even countering an offensive - I dont see whats wrong with that - it shoots down any scum arguement it happens. Its just good forsight on my part. I'm scumhunting and trying to figure out who/why someone would do that, and Pesco seems to be the one driving that line of thought.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Timeater »

edwop: before it happens*
watch for the eggshells
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Pesco47 »

Tim: You drive like a car without a steering wheel. There are obviously some players you don't like in this game (Bob, Roffman and me). If you genuinely have a case against someone, present the relevant facts. Just saying 'I think/say so' does not count as proof.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by iLord »

No time today - catch up tommorrow.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Timeater »

Tim: You drive like a car without a steering wheel. There are obviously some players you don't like in this game (Bob, Roffman and me). If you genuinely have a case against someone, present the relevant facts. Just saying 'I think/say so' does not count as proof.
What is a FoS other than a cleverly disguised "I think so"? Can this vicious little reply be anymore scummy?

I never said I dont
you, I said you've said some scummy things and did some things I didnt like.

And really - when have you needed full genuine proof to lynch someone? Are you saying its impossible to make a case against you without full proof? Are you saying that gut feeling and intuition are irrelevant? You'll be hard-pressed to find cases in mafia of absolute proof. Proof is not the basis of accusation.

Vote: Pesco
watch for the eggshells
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by roffman »

@timeater: Your argument against peso is non-existent. Some concrete proof is needed to form the basis of accusation. Hence why if scum never give town an opening, they win. Personally, I think your just lashing out at everyone who says your actions are suspicious, which considering they were, should be everyone.

On a related note, decided whether or not your going to answer me on what a cook does? And no, i'm not going to let this go until i get a direct, concrete answer.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Totally going to need to do a reread.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by Timeater »

@timeater: Your argument against peso is non-existent. Some concrete proof is needed to form the basis of accusation. Hence why if scum never give town an opening, they win. Personally, I think your just lashing out at everyone who says your actions are suspicious, which considering they were, should be everyone.
Pesco rubs me the wrong way and pings my scumdar, so he gets my vote - not much more to it than that. I dont really feel like being the convincer or town attack dog this game. I'm content to lay back and let iLord, Ramus or whoever do that in this one. I've really only got a problem with you and Pesco at the moment. Lashing out or focusing my efforts?

On a related note, decided whether or not your going to answer me on what a cook does? And no, i'm not going to let this go until i get a direct, concrete answer.
Why are you so intent on fishing for roles? You realize its a BAD idea to give scum ideas about who might have possible power roles and who might not have power roles? Get that through your skull.
watch for the eggshells

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”