Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by Rage »

Since everyone has night-choices (except Cass and Sekinj) would a mass-claim be effective? Nobody except Cass can be a vanilla townie, according to Sekinj and also because everyone was here on the first day when OGML counter-claimed Sekinj and nobody spoke up, so we just have to think about what seems the most like a fakeclaim (as aforementioned by the mod, scum have fakeclaims)

Also, if Mariyta speaks the truth, then we may lose her tonight if we do mass-claim, but on the other hand we have a pretty good chance at hiting scum today
because
almost everyone has a night-choice. It's not the kind of balance I'd want to risk with an unconfirmed protective role, but it's a risk that could prove very beneficial. Although, I don't think we can accurately speculate at the number of scum, but with the amount of townie deaths so far I think it's safe to assume that we should be extra careful about our lynches from now on, and no voting until you are sure-sure-sure that you want the other person dead.

Regarding Mariyta's claim, I kind of believe it, but I'll go more in depth about this when everyone has.. ahem.. "checked in".

@Everyone, it's kind of related to the above, but is there anyone who thinks that I am not a confirmed townie?

Finally, sekinj seems very eager to get a vote on someone. First Mariyta, who explained herself and Sekinj removed her FOS, asking for more clarification, and then switching the FOS onto two others, without a just case. This is a sudden gameplay change, which looks to me like if sekinj is scum, she's pushing for a mislynch.

Why a mislynch, you say? Well, it's mere speculation at this point, but I'd assume that if Mariyta is telling the truth, then scum wants to frame her and get away with killing Gremwell, and Sekinj was the first post of the day and the first post to contain pressure.

FoS: Sekinj

One other thing. Guessing at the number of scum and then saying you'll vote when everyone has had a chance to say something is scummy. You don't know the number of scum, or you do and you just want to get someone lynched fast, but you are willing to put a vote down nonetheless? Plus, you haven't come out with any information since the trap and the info that got what-we-assume-to-be a Vanilla Townie lynched, so I would especially like to hear your opinion on a mass-claim.

Also, why Qwints and Thinktank?

Vote count
(7 players alive = 4 to lynch before deadline)
(1) qwints - Mariyta

Not voting:
Cass, Mariyta, qwints. Rage, sekinj, TheSweatpantsNinja, thinktank

Deadline:
Wednesday 22 October 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote: @mar: do you have any else to say to explain your reasoning yesterday about quintz "bussing" MM? Your claim is believeable, and I can understand hammering to avoid a no-lynch... and you are probably right about grem and Pim not voting... so I'll give you that one, even though i would have rather waited til closer to deadline...
unfos: mar...
*scowls* but I'd still like you to explain yourself a little better regarding MM.
I already told you. I didn't realize MM had a vote on qwints that early on. Based on what I knew/believed at the time, it made perfect sense. Now, obviously, it doesn't.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Mariyta »

I agree with this whole-heartedly. Rage makes a very good case against sekinj, though I'm not sure if she really is scum or just over-eager. I'm sure all the remaining town are getting antsy at this point (or at least they should be). I also agree that we should have a mass claim. We have very little to lose by doing so.
Rage wrote:Since everyone has night-choices (except Cass and Sekinj) would a mass-claim be effective? Nobody except Cass can be a vanilla townie, according to Sekinj and also because everyone was here on the first day when OGML counter-claimed Sekinj and nobody spoke up, so we just have to think about what seems the most like a fakeclaim (as aforementioned by the mod, scum have fakeclaims)

Also, if Mariyta speaks the truth, then we may lose her tonight if we do mass-claim, but on the other hand we have a pretty good chance at hiting scum today
because
almost everyone has a night-choice. It's not the kind of balance I'd want to risk with an unconfirmed protective role, but it's a risk that could prove very beneficial. Although, I don't think we can accurately speculate at the number of scum, but with the amount of townie deaths so far I think it's safe to assume that we should be extra careful about our lynches from now on, and no voting until you are sure-sure-sure that you want the other person dead.

Regarding Mariyta's claim, I kind of believe it, but I'll go more in depth about this when everyone has.. ahem.. "checked in".

@Everyone, it's kind of related to the above, but is there anyone who thinks that I am not a confirmed townie?

Finally, sekinj seems very eager to get a vote on someone. First Mariyta, who explained herself and Sekinj removed her FOS, asking for more clarification, and then switching the FOS onto two others, without a just case. This is a sudden gameplay change, which looks to me like if sekinj is scum, she's pushing for a mislynch.

Why a mislynch, you say? Well, it's mere speculation at this point, but I'd assume that if Mariyta is telling the truth, then scum wants to frame her and get away with killing Gremwell, and Sekinj was the first post of the day and the first post to contain pressure.

FoS: Sekinj

One other thing. Guessing at the number of scum and then saying you'll vote when everyone has had a chance to say something is scummy. You don't know the number of scum, or you do and you just want to get someone lynched fast, but you are willing to put a vote down nonetheless? Plus, you haven't come out with any information since the trap and the info that got what-we-assume-to-be a Vanilla Townie lynched, so I would especially like to hear your opinion on a mass-claim.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:and you are probably right about grem and Pim not voting...
What do you mean by that?
-Susan Ertz

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by qwints »

Here's my claim, for convenience.
qwints wrote: I am the Baroness. My full name is Lady Camille Vanderton. My power is an ability to move people between quarters at night and a one shot command ability for servants. I know that a messenger has come from the Prince to try to cleanse the area of a supernatural. (This was the information that came from a letter.) My predecessor never moved anyone.)
If I wasn't roleblocked last night, cass and sekinj can confirm that I moved them to the stables. My one shot ability has been used.

I am in favor of the mass roleclaim and add that sekinj needs to reveal his information once all the information is out. Furthermore, everyone needs to remember that we may be at lynch or lose. Thus, votes need to be used carefully lest scum pile on. (Though that might be a bit hard logistically.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:32 pm

Post by Cass »

1) Qwintz is scum.

Vote: Qwintz

2) Yes I am the emissary.

3) No, I am not a vanilla. I defintely have an active nightchoice.

4) I'm not strongly against claiming, but I think we can wait until tomorrow. We've got our scum for the day.

5) Mafiamann as a
town
sorcerer means the mod is
evil
:shock:

6) Qwintz is telling the truth about my change of location, in case this is relevant to anyone.

7) Rage, I got your letter.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:37 am

Post by sekinj »

Rage wrote:One other thing. Guessing at the number of scum and then saying you'll vote when everyone has had a chance to say something is scummy. You don't know the number of scum, or you do and you just want to get someone lynched fast, but you are willing to put a vote down nonetheless? Plus, you haven't come out with any information since the trap and the info that got what-we-assume-to-be a Vanilla Townie lynched, so I would especially like to hear your opinion on a mass-claim.

Have you not noticed that I have thoguht thinktank was scum for the past 2 game days? and I agreed with the logic yesterday that quintz is scum (notice my vote was on him). I think the baroness could well be the scum, I just didn't agree that he/she was in league with MM.

I threw my fos on mar because I was very frustrated with the way yesterday ended. I didn't feel like she explained herself as all. SHe thought MM and quintz were bussing each other, but that didn't make sense. I kept pointing that out to her and she never gave an answer, and then she hammered MM. so, yes, I was very angry with her for the whole three rl days that the thread was locked.

but yea, I beleive you are town, I *think* cass is town, and for now I believe Mar's claim. so that leave quintz, think, and sweatyguy. Of those three I think quintz and think are scum.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:38 am

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote: I already told you. I didn't realize MM had a vote on qwints that early on. Based on what I knew/believed at the time, it made perfect sense. Now, obviously, it doesn't.
WHAT DO YOU THINK I WAS POINTING OUT TO YOU!!?!?! WHy Did you not go and Look!!! dang you!!!
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:41 am

Post by sekinj »

Cass wrote:1) Qwintz is scum.
Vote: Qwintz

2) Yes I am the emissary.
3) No, I am not a vanilla. I defintely have an active nightchoice.
4) I'm not strongly against claiming, but I think we can wait until tomorrow. We've got our scum for the day.
5) Mafiamann as a
town
sorcerer means the mod is
evil
:shock:
6) Qwintz is telling the truth about my change of location, in case this is relevant to anyone.
7) Rage, I got your letter.
I agree about quintz (however, I think think is scum as well and would rather lynch him today). I wish you hadn't claimed, since you will now die tonight and we will lose. Now I have no problem with anyone else claiming. Not knowing the emissary was the only reason I didn't want ppl to claim.
Yes, I was moved to the stables as well.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:42 am

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:and you are probably right about grem and Pim not voting...
What do you mean by that?
I mean they were not being active and probably would not have voted. However, it STILL would have been better to wait.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:44 am

Post by sekinj »

The last piece of information I have is pertinant to the claims. So I will share it and when everyone claims.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:45 am

Post by sekinj »

Rage wrote:Since everyone has night-choices (except Cass and Sekinj)
It was OGML and I that didn't have night choices. Cass's addition just makes it 12 players so it makes sense that 10 of 12 didn't have night choices rather than 10 of 11.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote: I already told you. I didn't realize MM had a vote on qwints that early on. Based on what I knew/believed at the time, it made perfect sense. Now, obviously, it doesn't.
WHAT DO YOU THINK I WAS POINTING OUT TO YOU!!?!?! WHy Did you not go and Look!!! dang you!!!
YOU POINTED IT OUT TOO LATE. I HAD TO VOTE AT THAT POINT TO AVOID A NO LYNCH. STOP YELLING AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Susan Ertz

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Mariyta »

Unvote
I don't trust Cass as far as I can throw him/her/it at this point.
-Susan Ertz

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:26 am

Post by sekinj »

@mar: Ok. I'm done. I just hope we can still win.

Why do you not trust Cass's claim?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:44 am

Post by qwints »

I think we can trust Cass if there's no counter-claim. It seems clear that others have verified that there is an emissary. Cass's late arrival is consistent with my flavor text.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:57 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

I'm trying to read the game, but well. . . there's a lot. If I could get a summary of the game, that'd be super.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:@mar: Ok. I'm done. I just hope we can still win.

Why do you not trust Cass's claim?
I'm not sure if I trust the claim or not, but Cass has seemed quite wishy-washy, and I don't trust scum enough to not quick lynch this late in the game.
-Susan Ertz

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:00 am

Post by sekinj »

FOS: Sweaty
for implying that he would trust someone else's summary.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:02 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Well, gee, one assumes that if one person lied, someone else might correct them. That's half the reason to ask: getting different people's perspectives on the game, in addition to educating me on things I may miss.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:03 am

Post by Mariyta »

Ya know, the more I think about it, the more possible it becomes that TheSweatPantsNinja is scum. Singing Librarian did just enough to keep from being called a lurker, but didn't actively participate, and PimHel avoided participation at all costs. I don't know about PimHel, but SL came across as someone who might have actually been a key player if they had a role they enjoyed/wanted.

Sweatpants, claim, please. There are currently only two people who haven't claimed, so there's no point in holding out now.
-Susan Ertz

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:10 am

Post by qwints »

Is it just sweatpants and thinktank who haven't claimed?

Claim, please, and lets here what sekinj has to say.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:08 am

Post by sekinj »

@mar: don't you think the same lurking logic holds for thinktank? why don't you suspect him?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:@mar: don't you think the same lurking logic holds for thinktank? why don't you suspect him?
I never said I didn't. I was just stating an opinion change. I had initially felt Singing Librarian was town, but now I don't so much.
-Susan Ertz

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:20 am

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:@mar: don't you think the same lurking logic holds for thinktank? why don't you suspect him?
I never said I didn't. I was just stating an opinion change. I had initially felt Singing Librarian was town, but now I don't so much.
fair nuf
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”