DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

Save The Dragons wrote:The first quote is where he voted, the second quote gives precedent for a bandwagon. You voted Jebus on the 25th.
Welp, touche. I'd argue that two votes does not necessarily a bandwagon make, and that also my reasons for voting Jebus were far more specific and detailed than were DoS's.
Save The Dragons wrote:
DraketheFake wrote:2. I added new, specific reasons why I found his post suspicious.
Sure. Your point?
That there's two kinds of "bandwagoning" and that mine was the good kind.
Save The Dragons wrote:I don't know if you can have your cake and eat it too with this one.
Either Jebus is scum, or scum are pushing a wagon on Jebus.
I mean, I suppose it's possible that scum don't like winning and would force a wagon on themselves day 1 when it would be easier to pursue better options.
I mean, given that there were only three votes on Jebus there's technically also a chance that there weren't scum on the Jebus wagon and he's still a townie. As long as we're being thorough.

But I'm confused as to why that was your response to what I said. Vi said that he was suspicious of wolf for his vote on Natirasha earlier, and that his suspicions were heightened when wolf didn't jump on the Jebus wagon, as if it were somehow scummy not to bandwagon somebody. It's particularly bad logic because if wolf
had
voted for Jebus, it could have strengthened Vi's case that wolf was a bandwagoner. To me, it seems like Vi is the one seeking to have his cake and eat it too, by attacking a player for not doing something he would have also attacked him for doing.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:06 am

Post by Vi »

DtF 200 wrote:Vi said that he was suspicious of wolf for his vote on Natirasha earlier, and that his suspicions were heightened when wolf didn't jump on the Jebus wagon, as if it were somehow scummy not to bandwagon somebody. It's particularly bad logic because if wolf had voted for Jebus, it could have strengthened Vi's case that wolf was a bandwagoner. To me, it seems like Vi is the one seeking to have his cake and eat it too, by attacking a player for not doing something he would have also attacked him for doing.
Don't confuse me with Natirasha (please). I voted wolframnhart for the reasons he joined the Natirasha bandwagon, not for being fourth on. I think there are more solid reasons to vote Jebus than there were to vote Natirasha. Had wolf voted Jebus, it would have made both votes seem more legitimate.

Of course, this mess would be easier to sort out if wolframnhart was, y'know, present to speak for himself.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:48 am

Post by wolframnhart »

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with me there Vi :P

I already answered your question on the Nat vote. Dunno why you want me to speak for myself, i don't see anything i need to speak up against. And where is your pal Nat? Why doesn't he speak up if you are so worried about players?
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Vi »

wolf 202 wrote:You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with me there Vi :P
You were scum in that other game so yeah.

So let's see. You voted Natirasha because
*of some "strange posts"
*I was too lazy to change a vote in what amounted to the rv stage
*I "defended" Natirasha against DtF (later rebutted)
I like how these reasons have more to do with ME than him, which was Natirasha's point.

Whereas Jebus has
*some "strange posts"
*ordered a bandwagon on a "lurking" non-lurker (quoted for truth)
*backpedaled to the extreme (see 177)
Yet you say nothing warrants a "true vote yet", and you make a really short post during the first half of the Jebus focus saying "that's lame unvote FoS Jebus".

Also, is it just me, or are you only posting content when I prod you?
wolf 202 wrote:And where is your pal Nat? Why doesn't he speak up if you are so worried about players?
He says he's AFK in his sig. Beyond that, what is a cross between an elephant and a rhino called?
More interestingly, why are you linking me and Natirasha together like we're the same entity? I'm not sure if this is a taunt or an accusation, but it's not improving your standing with me.
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

Vi wrote:
wolf 202 wrote:You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with me there Vi :P
You were scum in that other game so yeah.

So let's see. You voted Natirasha because
*of some "strange posts"
I like how these reasons have more to do with ME than him, which was Natirasha's point.

Whereas Jebus has
*some "strange posts"

Yet you say nothing warrants a "true vote yet", and you make a really short post during the first half of the Jebus focus saying "that's lame unvote FoS Jebus"
Hmm... could this comparison and argument imply that Jebus and wolfman are Scum-buddies?
Well, that's what it looks like to me. I want wolfman to respond to that post above all of them at this moment. It has some serious implications that I want cleared up.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:06 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I stated in my vote for Nat that he had linked the two of you (Vi) together, whether it be joking or not, and that you (Vi) had come to Nat's defense on DTF's vote which might be a defense of a scum partner, had Nat been lynched and come up town, that point would have been moot.

Yes Jebus post in my view have been lame, nothing that makes me want to throw a vote out, hence the FoS. If Jebus gets lynched and turns scum, I admit I will be shocked and if i survived the night would be looked at very hard tomorrow for not voting him, but that is fine with me.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Natirasha »

Hi, all.

This game's been on the backburner, sorry.

Anyways, um...yeah...Jebus looks scummy, however I prefer my OMGUS.

And don't confuse VoVvy with me. Even if his reasoning is good.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Vi »

Natirasha wrote:And don't confuse VoVvy with me. Even if his reasoning is good.
<.< Aaanyway--

If you maintain your original position, wolf, then all I can do is note it for the future and move on.

------------
DtF 200 wrote:That there's two kinds of "bandwagoning" and that mine was the good kind.
:huh:
The "new, specific reasons" for the "good kind" of "bandwagoning" Natirasha, if you're talking about the word 'a' in N's post, are not terribly impressive... and if it's something else, I missed it.
M_K 204 wrote:Hmm... could this comparison and argument imply that Jebus and wolfman are Scum-buddies?
There seem to be a few players who could be linked together at this point, but it's also so early in the game that I wouldn't go very far with thinking about that. Besides, there are too many people you could link this way for them all to be scum, of course... so I wouldn't worry about these sorts of lines of thought until someone flips Mafia.
Vi 203 wrote:Also, is it just me, or are you
[wolframnhart]
only posting content when I prod you?
'Any thoughts about the other players? (No, I'm not talking to myself)
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

Vi wrote:The "new, specific reasons" for the "good kind" of "bandwagoning" Natirasha, if you're talking about the word 'a' in N's post, are not terribly impressive... and if it's something else, I missed it.

You missed the part about his speculation about roles/alignments in the game.
Natirasha wrote:Anyways, um...yeah...Jebus looks scummy, however I prefer my OMGUS.
How is it useful to boil your own vote down into an OMGUS? Why are you letting Vi make your case for you?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Natirasha »

DraketheFake wrote:
Vi wrote:The "new, specific reasons" for the "good kind" of "bandwagoning" Natirasha, if you're talking about the word 'a' in N's post, are not terribly impressive... and if it's something else, I missed it.

You missed the part about his speculation about roles/alignments in the game.
Yes. My speculation of the fact I claimed mafia. Good Job.
Natirasha wrote:Anyways, um...yeah...Jebus looks scummy, however I prefer my OMGUS.
How is it useful to boil your own vote down into an OMGUS? Why are you letting Vi make your case for you?[/quote] Well, if I change my vote over, it goes all "lololbandwagonerdielolol" And I'm a horrible orator.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

Natirasha wrote:Well, if I change my vote over, it goes all "lololbandwagonerdielolol" And I'm a horrible orator.
So then you actually
do
think that Jebus is the better play? You'd just rather sit on an early-game OMGUS with 3 days and counting to deadline for the sake of your own hide?
Vi wrote:So let's see. You voted Natirasha because
*of some "strange posts"

Whereas Jebus has
*some "strange posts"
Yet you say nothing warrants a "true vote yet", and you make a really short post during the first half of the Jebus focus saying "that's lame unvote FoS Jebus".

Also, is it just me, or are you only posting content when I prod you?

This goes double for you. If the case against Jebus is so compelling, then why are you singling out one other player who isn't voting that way? Better: why aren't you voting for Jebus? Using a case against one player as reason to attack another player is some backward, scummy logic.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:21 am

Post by Vi »

DraketheFake wrote:This goes double for you. If the case against Jebus is so compelling, then why are you singling out one other player who isn't voting that way? Better: why aren't you voting for Jebus? Using a case against one player as reason to attack another player is some backward, scummy logic.
Vi 185 wrote:Jebus is soooooo backpedaling. I really want to vote that way, but there's something stopping me, see next statement~

@Ku_F: I'm voting wolframnhart because of the rather terrible logic he endorsed in joining the Natirasha wagon, and I'm more suspicious of him because he's not pursuing the more blatant Jebus wagon. I'm waiting on wolframnhart to answer me now actually.
I've believe I've already answered the question - I was already voting for wolframnhart from the Natirasha wagon
for the reasons he joined the wagon
when Jebus showed up. Therefore, I was/am rather interested in wolfie's reaction to the next wagon, since if he joined the more blatant Jebus wagon he would be acting consistently, which would alleviate some suspicion.

I love the line about "backward, scummy logic" though. gj for melodrama
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I don't see this day possibly ending well.

By bandwagon, I think I'd prefer wolf to jebus, but I think we all need to get off our asses and make a decision on one person together.

Unvote
I find DTF to be suspicion, albeit a little less after his response, but keeping this vote does not seem productive in the wake of a deadline. Maybe...tonight(?) I'll vote.
Microphone_Kirby
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Microphone_Kirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Microphone_Kirby »

Save The Dragons wrote:I don't see this day possibly ending well.

By bandwagon, I think I'd prefer wolf to jebus, but I think we all need to get off our asses and make a decision on one person together.
Agreed on the "off our asses" part, but not so much on the "prefer wolf to Jebus" part. Still, when I go back and read things like
Vi 185 wrote:Jebus is soooooo backpedaling. I really want to vote that way, but there's something stopping me, see next statement~

@Ku_F: I'm voting wolframnhart because of the rather terrible logic he endorsed in joining the Natirasha wagon,
and I'm more suspicious of him because he's not pursuing the more blatant Jebus wagon.
I'm waiting on wolframnhart to answer me now actually.
and
Vi 203 wrote:So let's see. You voted Natirasha because
*of some "strange posts"

Whereas Jebus has
*some "strange posts"
Yet you say nothing warrants a "true vote yet", and you make a really short post during the first half of the Jebus focus saying "that's lame unvote FoS Jebus"
, I wonder if wolf and Jebus are a Scum-group (as I said before). I'm still keeping my vote on Jebus, but I won't object to a wolfman lynch if it comes to that. Presonally, I'd prefer Jebus' lynch, but If you need to band more votes together for wolf's Lynch, I'll help.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:24 am

And we're officially screwed.

Unvote, Vote: Wolframnhart
He seems more likely to be scum than Jebus. If I have time, I'll get into the reasoning behind this. If not, then damn.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:32 am

Post by DraketheFake »

I don't like the way the Jebus case is being used against other players in this game. If we think Jebus is scum, let's lynch Jebus. Trying for a lynch on wolf for not voting Jebus before we go after Jebus is a bad play, and in some cases - as I've tried to illustrate - downright suspicious play.

But anyway.
Unvote, Vote: Jebus
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:35 am

Post by DraketheFake »

Save The Dragons wrote:And we're officially screwed.
Didn't see you there.

Do you think Jebus hasn't acted suspiciously at all? In what ways has wolf acted scummily prior to his decision not to vote for Jebus? Do those suspicions outweigh, in your mind, your suspicions of Jebus? Are you still sticking by the "too scummy" defense of Jebus?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:41 am

I think Jebus has acted in a very strange way, but I'm not so sure that he's scum for it.

I'm not trying to excuse him for being too scummy, but playing with the emotional side of the brain rather than the rational side tells me that Jebus is another one of those players who suggested something they believed to be pro-town and then got attacked for it. I think it is more likely that people who are suspicious of Jebus for this one little thing are scum for trying to nitpick this thing and milk it for all it's worth.

I think I've mentioned this before, so calling my defense of Jebus a "too scummy" defense is not representing the whole truth and is a misnomer. ITT we argue, not smear.

Besides, as far as I can tell, Jebus only made one mistake. I don't know if that's worth complete and utter prosecution. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I will go back and present my case on wolf tonight maybe.
Ku_F
Ku_F
Goon
Ku_F
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Ku_F »

I'm really interested in hearing your case against Wolf, as I find it more likely for Jebus to be scum than Wolf.
I'm not saying here that Jebus is scummy. I think he thought that it was for the best and actually it started discussion which we needed, which we still need.

I'm actually in for a lynch on either Vi or Natirasha. Some players see a possible connection between Wolf and Jebus. I see a possible connection between Vi and Natirasha. I'll try to look more into them tomorrow, but for now I'll
Vote natirasha
as he's the more silent one of the two.
Who's scum aru?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Vi »

STD 217 wrote:I think it is more likely that people who are suspicious of Jebus for this one little thing are scum for trying to nitpick this thing and milk it for all it's worth.
That's one long and protracted "little thing" sustained by several Jebus-posts.

I'm interested in STD's pending post as well.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:36 am

Post by DraketheFake »

Vi wrote:I'm interested in STD's pending post as well.

Why? You're already voting wolf, and from all appearances you're convinced he's scum moreso than Jebus.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:11 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

After a quick reread I see where you are coming from with Wolf, so
unvote Vote Wolframnhart
who I feel has given very little actual opinion on anything, and has done very little in the way of helping the town do anything.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:25 am

Post by wolframnhart »

mod can we get a vote count?

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:51 am

Post by wolframnhart »

also mod please prod verbal, ozy, and capricious

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Vi »

DraketheFake wrote:
Vi wrote:I'm interested in STD's pending post as well.
Why? You're already voting wolf, and from all appearances you're convinced he's scum moreso than Jebus.
I still think STD is letting Jebus off easily. Seeing his argument against wolfie should be enlightening as to how his scumdar works.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”