False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 17, Uncle Shelby wrote:mastina let us know when you've had a chance to catch up!
I'm online and in theory I have the time to catch up...

...But I'm...uh. Well. The game's literally 77 pages, and counting. I'm not going to be able to read all of that. :P I can't even
skim
that much.

I skimmed offline to see the first ~10 pages of the game when I iso'd the mod and saw the T3 wagon with 10 votes and checked out the circumstances surrounding that, but that was a very very very light
skim
and there's not a chance in hell I'm going to be able to read that much. The game's going way way way too fast for having been open, what, 24 hours? Give or take? I'll be able to stay up to date once I hop into the thread (which I will do in circa 15-60 minutes, came in here a bit early but can't get to the game thread quite yet, got some other site stuff to do first), but I can't read nearly 80 pages.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:39 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Hi Mastina :)

The main thread is on page 74, so like... my condolences on trying to get caught :dead:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 21, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 14, morph the cat wrote:speculation: this design might be monks and masons for big kids.
Any thoughts on this post seeing that we are the monks?
Could be they're a mason, which would mean not mafia with a decent chance of being town, but could also just be an educated guess; the mod said the game would feature Seer-->Werewolf Cop; Cop-->Mafia Cop, Doctor-->Mafia Doctor, etc.;-type separations so it's not hard to guess masons and monks scaled up, meaning it's not surefire that they're masons, they could just have accurately deduced it (likely as town), but is possible they are masons (likely as town).
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:44 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Important claims that you might miss if you dont read:

Ythan has claimed a werewolf miller
Vaxkiller has claimed that they investigate as having a gun (which I took to functionally be the mafia miller, but ythan somewhat disagrees)

Morph has claimed to be a Mason, and that Manatee is also a Mason (manatee has not confirmed yet).
Morph has also claimed that manatee has been scummy in the pt
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:44 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Meant, if you don't read *everything* which is understandable
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 33, Lukewarm wrote:@Mastina, you have more experience with the site history then me. Do you think that multiball would reasonably lead to someone thinking we are in a monks and masons set up, or do you think it is more likely that they had some extra knowledge there (either being in the masonry themselves or being scum partners with someone in a masonry)
The two aren't mutually exclusive, but I'd go 70-85% the former, 30-40% the latter (yes that's over 100%, as I said, not mutually exclusive). It's not a hard deduction to make, but is one that could come from a role perspective.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 53, Lukewarm wrote:Vaxkiller has claimed that they investigate as having a gun (which I took to functionally be the mafia miller, but ythan somewhat disagrees)
Having a gun is a miller to a Gunsmith, which there's any number of town roles that could be.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:47 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

T3 also claimed lots of things :dead:

Orginally joke claimed being an informed miller (apparently a call back joke specifically for titus)
Walked that back as a joke
Got ran up to e-2, claimed Loyal Babysitter
Morph said that Cephir would never put that role in this game
T3 said that was mod influence, and repped out.

Dann took his slot and claimed VT
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:52 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 56, mastina wrote:
In post 53, Lukewarm wrote:Vaxkiller has claimed that they investigate as having a gun (which I took to functionally be the mafia miller, but ythan somewhat disagrees)
Having a gun is a miller to a Gunsmith, which there's any number of town roles that could be.
I understand the distinction there, but I guess seeing Vaxkiller's claim and Ythan's claim back to back led me to assume that our "mafia cop" was just a gunsmith this game, and so vax was functionally the mafia miller.

Maybe that is a bad assumption, but that was my first thought seeing both claims
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:57 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Other thing is that like half of the anons this game have revealed already, so if that will influence your reads:

Posieden = Noraa
Zeus = Momregal / Artemiana
Hades is still anonymous tho

And Echolocation = Ydrasee
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:57 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Oh, and Kakeguri Addicts includes MariaR
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1906, mastina wrote:Hi guys!
I am replacing mastina!
She apparently never got to post before the mod subbed me in for her, so I don't have anything to really iso her off of.

I
would
say I'd catch up as this replacement and read the prior game pages, since, hey, it's D1, so obviously it's not too late into the game (in fact it would seem less than 48 hours have passed!), but, uhhhh...

...There's 77 pages so
fuck
that.

I'm not going to be reading all those pages.

Just give me important information/summaries containing key claims and key game events and I'll read from this post onwards with occasional backing up from isos.

Glad Cephrir let me replace in so early! It's almost like I'm an original player!
(I'm quite proud of this post btw.)
In post 57, Lukewarm wrote:Dann took his slot and claimed VT
RE: T3: you can argue it either way;
He could be caught scum that replaced out of a bad situation;
He could be town that royally fucked up;
The wagon on him could be both scumteams thinking they caught him and hopped on with him as town;
The wagon on him could be both scumteams thinking he fucked up and hopping on with him actually as a member of one;
The wagon on him could be town seeing a scumslip and punishing it on policy with little scum in it;
All of these are possible.

So what do I think we should do with the slot?

Leave it be, because Dannflor is too good a player to let live--regardless of his alignment, a scumteam is going to kill him within the first three nights.

So I legit don't think we need to eliminate him or worry about his alignment, the scum are going to kill him at some point sooner rather than later.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I chuckled at your opening post lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:14 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I personally am in the camp that T3 (and now Dann) is scum.

Like I could kinda swallow the first claim, and the "fake" pt slip both coming from town T3 just fucking around, but

the second fake claim while getting run up + the frustration at "mod influence" + the rep out all pushed me over the line of that.

And then looking at Dann, he generally feels pretty good, but I just get a vibe that he is trying really hard to come across as perfectly fine with (and even advocating) him being the day 1 elim, but then under the surface he is looking for someone else to shift the elim to.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:15 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 63, Lukewarm wrote:And then looking at Dann, he generally feels pretty good, but I just get a vibe that he is trying really hard to come across as perfectly fine with (and even advocating) him being the day 1 elim, but then under the surface he is looking for someone else to shift the elim to.
And my worry here is not hat he doesn't want to be the elim, because I understand not wanted to get miselimed if you are a townie, but it feels like he is trying to hide that he feels that way, which seems scummy to me
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:46 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I retract everything I said about vax's gun claim now lmao
Uncle Shelby
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Uncle Shelby »

Hellooo welcome mastina! :D
Uncle Shelby
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Uncle Shelby »

In post 1837, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1835, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1831, morph the cat wrote:I uh, think that was more a "Arceus Dammit you are a hood magnet" than a "Press X to Doubt"
If that is the case, I would say that I generally believe you guys are in a hood, and lowkey assumed you were in one since post lol
Friendly reminder that scum-luke just posts this shit in his bad guys and gals and nonbinaryfolk PT~
This made me laugh
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I thought it was funny, because I did in fact post this exact thought in this neighborhood at first lol
Uncle Shelby
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Uncle Shelby »

Btw I don't think this is very good logic:
In post 2340, Lukewarm wrote:My thoughts on the wagon are that morph is either:

1) Morph is town, and is 110% convinced in this scum case on Manatee
or
2) Morph is a werewolf, is assuming they are going to be shot Night 1, and wants to slam a townie miselim through before that happens

-----
Manatee's response to the Morph case makes me think it is more likely option 1 btw, and if it is option 1, then Dann's chances of being town go up (see Morph's meta homework wrt to him)

If it is option 2, then Dann is a werewolf with Morph (because why derail the Dann wagon if that is not the case?), and we can kill Dann tomorrow after Morph gets shot tonight

I am also pretty sure that BOTH options means that T3 was bullshitting his slip, because he "slipped" as Mafia, and option 1 leads me to a dann=town conclusion, option 2 leads me to a dann=werewolf conclusion
Simply because I don't know why you're giving so much weight to morph's meta read to the point of it cancelling out your own independent read of the slot.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:53 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Maybe "conclusion" was too strong of a word to use at the end there, but it was more like, put enough doubt on my own read to be willing to avoid the eim today. My first pass of saying "Dann's chances of being town go up" is probably more accurate.

I feel like, in general, I use much stronger / more definitive language then I ever really mean. :dead:

------

I was mainly more focused on figuring out why the hell Ythan was set on saying that "scum are trying to save Dann, then confirmed Mafia Rolecop" but then also adverse to me paraphrasing that as the Mafia was trying to save Dann.

Like, was he trying to leave the door open to say that the Werewolves were saving the mafia rolecop, that the malefactor was? ---

And him putting shade put on Morph specifically as the person trying to save the Mafia Rolecop, when we know that Morph cannot be Mafia and Morph cannot be the malefactor
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:53 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Ythan's thoughts and points around that time really do not make sense to me
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:55 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Like, if he thinks that T3's slip was genuine, and that T3 is in fact the Mafia Rolecop -- why is he adverse to saying that the mafia is the ones who would want to save him?

And then, if he does think that Morph is just trying to "scrape together a case" to save Dann, then doesn't that imply that Dann is a Werewolf, and that T3's slip was in fact bullshit?

-----

It feels like he is trying to attack the Manatee wagon from 2 different, incompatible directions at the same time
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:57 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Yay for the manatee wolf flip

Morph is like confirmed town now, but also almost certainly dead without a doc save
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Is anyone worried they are not going to make it through the night?

Return to “Completed Game Topics”