Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Tanner »

i gotta say, not a fan of clidd being so secretive about his thought process, but it feels weird to the point i'm not sure if scum!him does that? unless there's some other hidden information we don't know yet, lol.
your eyes on the city.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:40 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

like even if you are town here

you need to get 5 town out to WIN

it's not get myself out and not worry about everyone else

its get a solid solve together and win as a team
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 3024, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 3022, Tanner wrote:i don't mind getting speedyeeted here, i know i'm town and i know my lategame town abilities aren't the best. objectively speaking, the best thing i could do right now is get yeeted.
dude did you sign up to play mafia?

you know you can't post after you get yeeted right?
yes, and i've played plenty of mafia this game. my wincon is currently to yeet town. i am town. progressing that wincon isn't a bad thing?
your eyes on the city.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:41 am

In post 3025, Tanner wrote:i gotta say, not a fan of clidd being so secretive about his thought process, but it feels weird to the point i'm not sure if scum!him does that? unless there's some other hidden information we don't know yet, lol.
why wouldnt scum him do that if he doesnt have a thought process

easier than making it up and getting caught out

theres literally no reason for town him to keep his thought process as to why datisi is town hidden
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:42 am

In post 3027, Tanner wrote:yes, and i've played plenty of mafia this game. my wincon is currently to yeet town. i am town. progressing that wincon isn't a bad thing?
you're telling me there's nothing in this 100+ page game that you can't see that some of us can't?

cuz you're a smart dude

you come up with great insights

why you so eager to jump off the ship and not help us with the rest of the game?

you think the rest of us are going to like not trust you after you do a deep dive?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:42 am

Post by clidd »

Shut up, Pooky.

Just let the Tanner>Morning>Ydrasse trio go and then we can discuss the rest.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Tanner »

eh, i usually look at capable scum players and think that they wouldn't purposefully play "badly", but what do i know.
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 3029, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you think the rest of us are going to like not trust you after you do a deep dive?
no, i fear the rest of you trusting me and then losing the game because of it >_>

i will take a second look at the game sometime between the next 3-15 hours. but i cannot promise anything useful.
your eyes on the city.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I was originally on Pooky's side and thinking we should keep the more obvious town in, but I suppose if we're going to be surprised by mafia in the town bloc it'd be better to get that out of the way before we get really invested

I feel like there is scum in clidd/Flea/Chara for sure
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:51 am

Post by clidd »

Yes, there is.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:06 am

Post by clidd »

Spoiler:
In post 192, Tanner wrote:
In post 146, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 140, Yang wrote:I'm a mage and I don't need a staff. My magic comes from my irrational hatred of Tanner.
Wow this is definitely Isis
when you decide to join what you think will be a fun game of mafia with friends, only to find out isis hates your guts. </3
In post 148, Chara wrote:@Tanner - do you scumread Ydrasse?
"scumread" is a bit too strong word - but kind of? something about feels off to me. like she was trying to give an appearance of solving rather than actually solving. voting norwee then unvoting immediately in the next post, without voting anyone else (even by now) feels to me like "scum attempting to show how they're totally solving, but also trying to keep the game in the fluff nonsense phase for as long as possible". (yes, i know the "keeping the game in the fluff phase" came only after my vote, but gave me the feeling of pretend-solving at the time she made it.)

back at you, Chara - do you scumread me?

@ircher -
In post 328, Tanner wrote:VOTE: robert

those posts on me were just bad. i can kind of excuse if i squint, considering he didn't know whose alt this is (but also not really because point 1. is still awful), but the stretch of "tanner is excusing his future play!!" and the fact he's shown zero nuance in thinking about his read on me after learning that some of his points were moot... yeah no.

flea is currently next on my list. i got excited seeing , thinking it's actually gonna be a game related catch-up, and instead it was just... mech filler. faer only real read so far has been "tanner gut"... not vibing.

other people that i dislike so far are ydrasse and amy dunne - for kind of similar reasons i guess? ydrasse has still not really Done anything, and Amy's posts seem to be forced posting for the sake of posting.

(i can already hear robert typing how i'm blocking townread on a lot of people - yes, i am. these people aren't being townie. they deserve to get called out.)

norwee and tweetie seem like they're not internally screaming when they're posting, so i'll call those a townlean. pooky is not giving me evil vibes for once, and i don't know what that means, but i'm running with it for now. also ircher seems like he gives absolutely zero shits so, in the absence of proper townreads, i'm calling that a townlean for now too. i think everyone else is too close to the null line to go one way or the other for me.
In post 451, Tanner wrote:
In post 371, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 344, Tanner wrote:
In post 342, Flea The Magician wrote:why is not getting killed so important?
because i'm town, and i don't want the town to waste a yeet on me.
hmmm....
is there a meaning behind this "hmmm"?
In post 391, clidd wrote:Amy is officially a townlean now.
was this caused by /? if so, what gave you a townlean?

for the record, amy is giving me a townie vibe as well, but i can't put my finger on it.

i kiiinda wanna townlean ydrasse for ? i have no idea what happened in ms rpg, but i've been getting the feeling that infinity sounds "...?" too. though i'm not exactly the best at reading infinity myself so /shrug. by the time i finished reading, the "...?" feeling on infinity has disappeared and has been replaced with "yeah ok i have no clue how to read her i will just ignore her for now and hope someone else does", but i'll keep that townlean on ydra.

i am
not
getting any townie pings on clidd this game, which i think is somewhat concerning, considering that every game with him so far (that i was town and thus had to read him), he'd give me those townie pings and he was town?

ok friends are calling me, i got to go so i will finish the rest of this a bit quicker - liking tweetie's posts bc energy but also not really worrying about her as she's one of my "will probably stop being so townie later if scum" reads, and i'm also liking chara for ??? reasons idk i'm probably playing with fire here, i've heard spicy things about its scumgame ok cool bye
In post 796, Tanner wrote:
In post 705, Amy Dunne wrote:
In post 552, Tanner wrote:pedit: i vaguely remember seeing town!robert act a bit more freely in the game i modded, but (1) been a while ago and (2) not like i was putting in effort into reading him there. i'll try to skim his completed games at some point to see if anything interesting pops up. maybe. idk i hate meta research.
That would be really helpful.
debatable. second-hand meta usually just makes me tunnel what i already think. and you'd think that would stop me from saying "i should do meta research" but it does not.

do you plan on linking that "slip" from tse?
In post 769, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Tanner i’m very interested in your response now.
here's a take - i see absolutely nothing town-indicative in what robert has posted in his return.

upon getting back, he started getting pissy, doing the most surface-level omgus. he repeated not once, not twice, but three times that he's mad he's being wagoned for "not knowing alt accounts". i explicitly said that i don't give a shit he didn't know who i am - my problem is that his original attack on me and his reaction upon learning about the alt both reek of scum. his original points on me were garbage, and he has showed no re-evaluation of my slot upon learning the new info. even now! he chose to completely ignore me and what i'm saying (and why i'm voting him) and instead just go omgus someone else. you'd think town!him would, i don't know, at least *address* his read on me (you know, the thing that got him into this mess in the first place) by this point?

why the hell are people reading him as town? because he got mad? like, ircher called him out, he wasn't doing jack shit other than being mad and insisting he's being wagoned for not knowing alts. that's not town-indicative behaviour. and the "it's obvious i won't make it to night so people defending me are suspicious" like, you had 3 votes as an early day wagon, who the hell are you kidding by pretending to think your yeet is already set in stone?
In post 995, Tanner wrote:that amy/nakata back and forth was so unpleasant to read, what the fuck.
In post 947, Amy Dunne wrote:Tanner, what makes you think I’m unhappy to be here? I’m really excited about this game, so I really don’t understand where you’re getting that from?
your recent posts before my felt kind of bland and boring. and felt scummy. i'm not too certain about your being scum right now though, recent posting felt better. i'll probably shelf it back to think about it later, as i doubt you're getting run up anyway.

clidd is probably town. also (now that i'm actually reading it and not sleepily skipping over it) does feel like town ydrasse. i don't think i agree with the idea that scum!infinity > scum!nakata, but i wouldn't be *terribly* surprised i was wrong there. to me it feels obvious why nakata isn't extending the same mentality from robert to infinity, and i guess i don't really find it scummy, but this is probably better left for him to answer.
In post 1153, Tanner wrote:re: amy/pooky - that is bordering, or maybe even straight up is, a trust tell. can we please not.
In post 1116, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cuz theres no need for me to manipulate her when nobody really suspects me to begin with since im so townie even Datisi thinks I'm good this game ^_^
maybe slow down on that one. while i definitely think you currently fit in the "lazy town!pooky" model i have of you, i've not exactly ruled out "lazy scum!pooky whose partners aren't in danger so he's fine chilling and doing nothing" yet. i'll admit there's nothing exactly pointing there yet, but... i'm keeping it in mind.

a question to the table: has anyone else noticed that robert's activity in this game directly correlates with the amount of pressure he's under?

i manage to get his wagon up to ~3 votes, and once he's back into the gamestate like that, he's spewing ate left and right, calling the case on him bad (even though he's not even bothered to properly read and understand the case), and at least bothering to fake reads.

what happens after the wagon on him disappears? he's made 5 posts total since then. all of them are either filler (), or they're trashing nakata (, , , ). important to note, during the time he's scumreading nakata, nakata is top wagon and collectively the most popular scumread.

and there is no original thought anywhere. he literally says that everyone else "sounds town" to him. that's not a townie mindset - that's scum afraid of rocking the boat. seriously, at least open the iso that i linked in . there is no life in his posts here. and despite apparently thinking i'm town now, he has still not bothered to interact with my original case on him at all.

VOTE: robert

the most recent vote count is a disappointment.
In post 1160, Tanner wrote:
In post 1159, Flea The Magician wrote:
Tanner wrote:oh, flea is at about the same level as infinity.
Do tell. I am here and catching up. I got about a 9 minute post so far. I'm also heavily distracted by Z Nation, I have never seen such shitty CGI and effects combined with both really good and really bad plot writing.
nothing special i guess? i've noticed you focus on mechanics of this game way too much for my liking, you generally feel absent / not really pushing the game forward, and some of your reasonings for reads feel... off. like:

- suspicious of me because i'm survivalistic (though this is the smallest offense on the list, as i have heard that before and i feel too lazy to dig through your meta to see if it's consistent).
- boiling down the robert case as "robert was caught in a lie of not knowing mains/alts" (), when that was really not the case (and i actually had a tinfoil that you/robert are scum together, because later on he repeated the same "i'm being scumread for not knowing alts", which made me think maybe that's what you told him in the scum pt, but uh, extreme tinfoil, not seriously considering this right now).
- egging on nakata and saying that you think he could be scum because he said you might vote to hammer him (). maybe there's something i'm missing here, but i don't see how that's supposed to be scummy, let alone a "perfect example" of why nakata is being scumread.
In post 1192, Tanner wrote:
In post 1178, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 868, Tanner wrote:for the record - i still would prefer to yeet robert. but i see everyone is going by the "he came back and *gasp* made posts and showed emotion, obviously town!!" logic, so.

i'm back to thinking amy is on the scummier side of things. i don't know why, but some of her recent posting feels like she's not happy to be here. (before you ask why i voted infinity - because i'm not townreading her either and there was already a vote on her.)

however, while i was starting to feel better feelings about nakata, feels slightly off to me, specifically the last line. like, i get the idea behind "forcing townbloccs is +scum behaviour", but, that's a *big* part for why you're voting your preferred scumread? i dunno.

tl;dr, reads probably being trash.
See another instance of Tanner being remarkably freaking null. This has town points, and then i go and get the freaking heebies about it..
what's giving you the heebies here? like, this feels like a normal / nai post to me, i'm starting to think if we're genuinely just butting heads because of playstyle differences.
In post 1171, Flea The Magician wrote:That post was using current context for me to justify m read on Nakata at the time, not the games context for nakata at the time.

The scope of that conversation was me and Nakata, in that exchange. You appear to be shifting the scope to me talking from a game wide perspective, players and duration.

That's moving from a little league soccer net to a standard competition size soccer net.
uh. i understood that was you talking about your own read on nakata. and that's what i was talking about in my - it feels asinine to me that someone would consider something like "they implied i would quickhammer them" as a perfect example of why they're scumreading someone. so it also made me think you're making up your nakata scumread as you go.

however, i was
not
trying to imply that you're saying that that's the game's reasoning for scumreading him. i used the "why nakata is being scumread" passive tense in simply because you used the same "why nakata is considered to be a rival" passive tense in .

like, if that came off as me saying that you're saying that's the game's reasoning, then my bad. but that was very much not my intention.
In post 1197, Tanner wrote:okay, response to ydra wall.
In post 1168, Ydrasse wrote:it's intentional for many reasons but the main for you is because i started off this game really annoyed at you and i thought it better to Not engage like that for everyone's benefit. that and the statement i made earlier about you not reading me correctly was based in the memory of that normal game where you were scum and townread me which like, to me was "why can't he see what he's seeing here"
first, why did you get annoyed at me? and i don't understand what the second part means. when i was scum, i wasn't townreading you. i *said* in the thread of that game that i was townreading you, because i thought that was the best path to take with you, but, uh, that was me bullshitting. i didn't have a read on you, i knew you were town. if i know someone's alignment (e.g. because they're not in the scum pt with me), my brain doesn't even parse through their posts for ai info. like, i'll
read
them, but i won't be getting anything from them. and sorry, that last quoted sentence completely lost me.
In post 1168, Ydrasse wrote:but i disagree that "everyone sounds town" is a scummy mindset bc i just played a game where... like everyone basically sounded town to me and i was floundering lol.
i think there's a difference between "everyone sounds town, what do i do" and "everyone sounds town, except conveniently these top wagons, i will not put any thought into this at all". like, it feels like the second part.

alright. i think your take on me here is like, much more nuanced than when you were scum vs me, which is also where my scumread stemmed from your read on me sounding like extremely forced paranoia. so by that, i'd say i'm leaning town. however, you also *know* that's what i hated, so if you did roll scum against me again, i imagine you'd be much more careful about your read on me.

also, what's really REALLY worrying me is that you seem to be trying to find every excuse under the sun to not vote robert. like, something just rings extremely
wrong
about you not even considering the possibility that this is scum!robert bullshitting a read on a town player that almost everyone scumreads, and instead going straight down into the "if robert is scum, then his read on nakata is tmi, therefore we should vote nakata first anyway". because, that explanation feels... counter-intuitive? to the point where it feels like a fabricated thought process meant as an excuse to not vote robert.

typing this out reminded me how earlier in the game i said that if robert flipped scum i'd deathtunnel you, and going back to check it out again, that still holds. this doesn't feel right.

so, to answer your question: my read on you is town, if we're going by the depth of your thought processes, the nuance you're showing in your read on me, etc. but uh, the actual things you're pushing are not giving me positive feelings. so i don't know, make of that what you will.
In post 1209, Tanner wrote:re :

(1) yeah, sorry, that's just not the case. i've seen town!you as both a mod and a scumfuck, but neither of those involved trying to read you and those games are not useful to me here.

(2) the part where he started yelling at people defending him is probably the towniest part of his iso to me. but also, i don't think it's enough to offset my read on everything else he's done.

can i call my nakata read gut for now? like, off the top of my head, i don't really have *any* solid reasons to actually think he's town, and i'm not super confident in it anyway. if you want, i can skim through his iso tomorrow to see if i can remember what gave me the townie feelings in the first place, but that's not happening now as it's 3am and i told myself i was gonna go to bed early today and uh.
In post 1320, Tanner wrote:okay, so i ctrl+f'ed both "satoru" and "nakata" in your iso, ydrasse, and the only thing i see is that you think it's scummy that he was willing to vote robert for "he's scummy, might as well flip him now" without going in-depth to solve him, and he approached infinity with "i don't wanna vote her today, she'll be readable later on". is that right? like, if there's more to it, give me the tl;dr (i would ask you to redo the case, but i feel bad asking, idk, would still appreciate it), but like... i guess i just don't find this to be worthy of killing someone over right now?

(also, i promise that at some point today, i will reopen his iso and actually look at it. but uh. a bit later.)
In post 1880, Tanner wrote:@norwee - my role is not anti-town, so it's either:

(1) being a criminal doesn't have anything to do with a person's alignment and there's another hidden metric to see if someone is a criminal or not.
(2) inspired by pooky - the "criminals" are actually the town, this game is 4 town vs 9 scum, ??? hectic game ??? (i don't think this is likely but it's a thought)
(3) the answers yin gives us are bullshit.

i thought about trying to get yin to contradict himself somewhere to see if it's (3), but since it's obviously too close to end of day, that's gonna have to wait. my personal guess is that it's (1), since i doubt hectic would introduce this whole mechanic for it to just do literally nothing?
In post 2115, Tanner wrote:[i wrote the following the morning after the flip. the norwee and ircher parts are kinda moot now, but i'm posting it anyway. will look at norwee's iso when it's not 2am. also uhhh, ircher buddy you okay there?]

i cannot stop thinking about this game, so i will make some notes. if i live to see day two, i will post this in the main thread. if not, i will post this in the dead thread. the order within tiers is kinda town>scum but also kind of not, idk.

town:

- tanner. don't @ me.

most likely town unless we're living in a fucked up world:

- ydrasse. while i was thinking her posts are pretty townie on its own, i don't think scum!her decides to bus infinity in after i made two (2) shitposts asking for infinity votes. she could've made some bullshit up about nakata. or about ircher. or about literally anyone. like, i *think* ydrasse is sometimes slightly bus happy, but lmfao what the fuck would this be. nah fam.

- norwee. similar story to ydrasse, i think his general solviness and energy are decently +town on their own, i similarly don't think he busses infinity in like that. town.

- amy. this one is not as strong as ydra/norwee because i don't have like, a *general* townread on her slot, but i still think that that infinity bus was not in any way necessary, especially as she was already angling to vote either nakata or ircher. so i don't think scum!amy does it.

- ircher. now this is not really based on his play (though that one wallpost was Decent i guess), but i believe the way infinity played around him *strongly* implies that he's town. so i already called out infinity for this in , but look at this sequence. in , ircher is at 5 votes, and infinity is egging his wagon on, but not voting him herself. ~18 hours later, ircher is at y-1, with it seeming like there's not way he's not getting yeeted. infinity jumps out of the void to suddenly defend ircher and say that she actually wants to kill nakata (, ). this is not scum defending their partner (unless they were going for the ultimate wifom defense). this is scum weakly defending a townie they thought was a lost cause for the towncred the next day. and then on page 70 she's magically fine with an ircher wagon again? if this truly was a 9000 iq distance that infinity knew i was gonna fall for, then mad props.

probably(?) town but like, i could be wrong:

- clidd. this one kinda pains me. he's here solely based on his play/wim, and the fact that i am very aware that town!clidd gets tunnelled on unimportant things and misses sort-of-obvious scum signs. like, his defense of infinity is Not Good, and that hammer makes me slightly anxious. but as said, on play he's town, so i'm just gonna hope he's town for now.

- pooky. now i am not that solid on this one because he did want ircher and shit, but i don't think he lets partner!infinity die like that. idk, i'm invoking the chara's folly tell again. i don't think pooky sits on the sidelines like that when his partner is going down like that.

- nakata. ctrl+f'ing "nakata" in infinity's iso, i don't think those are s/s. like, infinity was kind of continuously pushing nakata, and the posts i called infinity out for in imply to me that they're not aligned. also, i don't think that nakata not wanting to vote infinity because infinity will be readable later is actually scummy, as opposed to a townie caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. *however*, i'm putting it out there immediately that i have been fooled by a distance like the one i called out in , so take this with a grain of salt. also, if i wake up to see ydrasse dead, i'm heavily looking at nakata and trying to sort him asap. (i'll be doing that if i'm alive regardless, because i feel like a decent amount of the game could be different depending on if nakata is scum or town, but you feel).

the poe:

- morning tweet. man, i want tweetie to be town, i really do. i'm not yet feeling the "tweetie is obvtown" feeling. and her interactions / play around infinity are... iffy at best. and i don't like the sit on ircher.

- chara. i'm not very certain on this, and it's mostly a nullread coupled with "its infinity vote made me raise an eyebrow" and some posts around her feeling "hmm". i haven't yet put too much thought into this, since sorting chara is probably Not Easy, and i don't like using up effort if i don't know if i'm gonna see tomorrow to present that effort. and i know "this person have stronk scumgaem so null" is an extremely annoying thing to hear (i lose my shit every time innocentvillager does it to me, even though more often than not it's a joke), so in advance i'm apologizing for doing that, but. yeah.

- flea. yikes, okay, what the fuck was that vote on me lmfao. anyway, something rings scummy-wrong about fae having infinity in faer scumpool for a long period of time but never voting her? however, something also rings townie-wrong in fae being utterly disinterested in voting ircher, and on grounds fae could easily ignore if needed (yin clear). and voting me, when it was blatantly obvious it won't go through? so like, i don't know, this slot confuses me.

- robert. i know i said his interactions with infinity are kinda -partner but my god this slot looks scummy as shit. i don't think there's a single genuine thought about solving the game anywhere in his iso. and the constant lurk-if-no-pressure / post-if-pressure pattern is Not Good.
In post 2172, Tanner wrote:did someone say kill robert? VOTE: robert

i think we should get this slot to claim as soon as possible so that we don't waste time there. i probably wouldn't be against yeeting him quickly either.

also, here's a fun snippet i just found when going through robert's is:

after , after which it was possible to deduce that yin calls me a criminal, this was robert's reaction to me musing about it:
In post 1795, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 1793, Tanner wrote:interesting. either the answers really are random, or being a criminal isn't about alignment.
That's one of the reasons I haven't bothered asking questions, I assumed it was going to be BS.
In post 1800, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 1797, Tanner wrote:
In post 1795, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 1793, Tanner wrote:interesting. either the answers really are random, or being a criminal isn't about alignment.
That's one of the reasons I haven't bothered asking questions, I assumed it was going to be BS.
lol i thought i was scum to you?
WOW you're really hell bent on finding fault with everything I say.

I assumed that the yin/yang stuff was going to be a red herring, this has nothing to do with your alignment. Regardless of your alignment, I can agree with things you say.
he was assuming it was going to be bs and wanted to ignore what yin is saying.

so you're telling me that town!robert, who yesterday said that he thought yin's spewing bullshit, apparently reads throughout the end of day 1, sees me at the front of infinity wagon (like, if anyone here has the imagination to tell me that my interactions with infinity are +partner, i'm all ears), and then at the start of day 2, votes me and calls me confirmed scum *because* of yin calling me a criminal? nah. this is not town. there is no internal thought process here.
In post 2377, Tanner wrote:just a heads up, i'm probably gonna be around less than usual today, really not having a good mental health day. i'll still try to check in here and there to see if i'm needed. now, onto what i slightly skimmed and i'm sure is going to be a great read.

am i really needed to say that that 1-shot vig claim is bullshit? like, someone who softs like this one day one:
In post 738, Robert M Hunter wrote:I'm actually more suspicious of the players defending me, because it's blatantly obvious that I won't survive into the night to use my power, and it's very safe for them to say I'm town when they know I'm town.
is obviously saying that they are planning on using their power as soon as they can. so the "my reads weren't solid enough" excuse is utter bullshit.
In post 2257, Robert M Hunter wrote:My reads weren't solid enough. I didn't see what the rest of you saw with Infinity.
the problem with this is:

robert entered the thread on day two calling me confirmed scum and voting for me (and based on something he shouldn't be using to call me confirmed scum, since yesterday he wasn't listening to yin, which of course he hasn't explained why he's had the change of heart, but okay). this makes no sense.
you're telling me a town 1-shot vigilante, who literally has the power to prove themself town by shooting someone, DOESN'T shoot the person that they then call confirmed scum at the start of day 2?

(also side note, the rest of this post - and some of his other ones - is not only useless appeal-to-emotion, it's also genuinely disgusting. i'm not going to be shamed for trying to play the damn game and kill people i think are scum.)
In post 2265, Ydrasse wrote:my god i'm half-convinced that the wincon of some faction this game is to flip tanner
imagine rolling scum with someone, and you read "you win when you misyeet tanner". lmfao poor scum.
In post 2380, Tanner wrote:okay, after reading all of that, my thoughts on this game are largely similar to what they were in , when people were *this* close to killing ircher, while there was scum right in front of them. "has hectic drugged my coffee, and because of that i'm reading the game differently than everyone else, because how do you get to where you are now?"

i can understand tweetie's conviction to do the mechanically OpTiMaL thing. once upon a time, i tried to do a similar thing in a micro blitz, then luca yelled at me and we yeeted scum. but my issue is that... tweetie is posting so much about giving robert another night, but she's doing effectively nothing to say who she *does* want to see die today and who she wants robert leashed on tonight. which kind of makes it seem... performative i guess? and knowing that i've read that tweetie's scumplay is often making those fancy wallposts and not really rocking the boat, i am kinda *hmm* about her now.

okay, i agree we should wait to see nakata's return to the thread, because if he genuinely lurks out, i reckon that's +++scum for him.

pedit: man, i do not have the energy right now to yell again at how robert is clearly scum. try not to misyeet anyone in the meantime, i'll get it back soon i hope.
In post 2530, Tanner wrote:it's complicated. it's not about you having sway or pushing me. i don't mind if someone is pushing me if either (1) i can tell where that person is coming from and they're probably town, or (2) their push is obvious bad-faith garbage and they're probably scum. this one falls into neither. it annoys me to *no end* when i'm being pushed for something so stupid, because yin decided to call me a criminal. and you're not (from what i've skimmed, disregard this if it's changed in the past 5 pages, i haven't read yet) listening to what i'm saying, your push makes absolutely no sense to me, you're not willing to re-eval, and it's frustrating. if i could just write it off as "desperate scum" then i wouldn't be upset because scum pushing me is part of the game. but i can't, because, genuinely, what would scum!you be trying to accomplish here.

like, i cannot explain how much it annoys me when i'm arguably one of the most pro-town people here (because let's be real, very good chance ircher would've died back then had i not kept screaming how infinity is obvious scum), and not only that, you yourself said that i'm solid town on day one, and now none of this matters because...? yin, who we still have no clue what side he's on or what he's trying to accomplish, called me a criminal? like do you understand how frustrating that is?
In post 2792, Tanner wrote:so... why is flea acting as if yin confirming fae as not a criminal is somehow clearing? also i'm not being leashed to shit.

i didn't miss anything in the flavour explaining why there was no n2, right?

@chara and @tweetie, why do you townread amy so hard? not saying i don't have a townread on her, but you seem far more confident on it than i am.

ok so. hot take? clidd is scum who's realized he's running out of misyeets, and has decided to lol-poe me on the basis of "dont undrestimate scumgaem" which like. buddy i'm not a masochist, i don't spearhead an infinity scumflip when i have at least one scummy townie i was able to hammer at any time. i feel like we need to talk, this read feels forced.

chara and tweetie are both rising in my townreads which is good but also uh i'm running out of people that can be scum so maybe that's bad? i actually did get kind of suspicious for chara starting to push flea there because idk. but then it had a "clidd is not obvtown" take which is what i was thinking at the time so then it kind of rose a bit in my reads again and my head is still a mess.

also nakata is utterly confusing and i would still not be surprised if he flipped red and kind of support that flip, after i get to chat with clidd.

Posts that I liked from Tanner ^
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Chara »

not speed-elimming here, i'm throwing out my reads and starting again.

iirc what i didn't like from clidd actually makes me feel a lot better about him now, he was against both Inf's and Nakata's elims in a way that felt more substantial than token at the time. and he was really gung-ho about Robert.

my Ydrasse read was also more based on her doing things and reacting in ways i think scum Ydrasse definitely doesn't, emotionally speaking, and that hasn't changed. but it's still worth looking at her again too to be sure.

off the top of my head Tanner is still very town, especially with the Robert context, but i'm really not okay just eliminating him right away.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Chara »

don't vote to E-1, i'd also really appreciate the time because i don't have a lot of it still and it'd be nice to look over the game when i get the energy for it rather than rushing now because of impatience.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:44 am

Post by clidd »

Wait, I'm confused. You scumread or townread me, Chara?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:47 am

Post by Chara »

now i'm thinking you could be town, my reasons for scumreading you previously were mainly for defending scum + falling off in terms of activity and depth.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Chara »

it seemed like you were really trying hard to find the towniness in Infinity and push for someone else, but you were happy enough about Robert.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Chara »

no, clidd was fine with Nakata now that i reread. i remember thinking it was definitely a bus from scum!clidd though, it's not as lock as i thought but his Infinity defense is definitely worth looking at.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:55 am

Post by clidd »

Thanks, that's like a god tier level of read if you're town. It's hard to me read me correctly right now.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:55 am

Post by clidd »

My reads just sucks this game tbh.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Chara »

@Tweetie - i am really concerned that you're scum. would you mind engaging in some self meta and talking about why you aren't?

pedit: that's the thing, i think that's why you're town. it's the same reason i'm feeling good about Tanner right now. but i really need to reread because i can't trust my memory on these things, i usually hunt by making mental notes to myself and then reaffirming those notes or challenging them as the game moves forward. but they were based on Inf being scum and Robert being town and the assumption scum wants to elim town. so i don't feel like i can trust those older reads or the assumptions i made based on them. it's like a rolling snowball, i have the read from the accumulation but i literally don't remember all of the parts that make up the inside or if they're based on things i can trust.
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2885, Hectic wrote:In the early hours of the morning, you find a small piece of parchment lying on the ground of the pit. You read it aloud as the other villagers gather around you.

Spoiler:

You have all been deceived. The Imperials have no interest in justice, they only have interest in finding the most exceptional criminals to recruit to their Royal Army, and to make use of their criminal skills. You've been under the impression that you've been sentencing people to death. In reality, being sentenced means freedom from the pit.

You do not know who I am, but I ask that you please heed my words and do not let the Mayor find out. Sentence those amongst you who you think are the most good and deserving to leave, and then perhaps... we can break this system from the inside.

TRUE Win Conditions:

There are 4 mafia and 9 town in this game. Mafia win by sentencing all 4 of their members. Town win by sentencing 5 townies. Town are under the impression they should be sentencing mafia, but once two mafia have been sentenced, the true wincons will be revealed publicly. Mafia were aware of all this.
Holy shit. :lol:
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Chara »

In post 3033, Morning Tweet wrote:I was originally on Pooky's side and thinking we should keep the more obvious town in, but I suppose if we're going to be surprised by mafia in the town bloc it'd be better to get that out of the way before we get really invested

I feel like there is scum in clidd/Flea/Chara for sure
this is why i'm against just eliminating down the townblock. and i'm concerned about you because your scumlist + townreads seem to be exactly the same as before.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

I am genuinely done with you lot.

I refuse to vote for anyone on my confirmed criminal list.

Spoiler: Don't read unless you actually want to engage with me. If you're just going to shade me, then ignore me.
Yin has been playing to the mafia objective this entire time, which was they need to be eliminated to win. THATS WHY IT WORKED AS IT DID, WE, TOWN, PLAYED OPTIMALLY WITH THE QUESTIONS.

The people we PoE'd down as scum we PoE'd to be eliminated as at the time it fulfilled their wincon.

#Tinfoil
SS has wonky mechanics, tanner/Daisi has been around long enough to know it's probably wise to deepwolf through to the end and see their team mates yeet.
#EndTinfoil

If you're voting in that PoE after it's been proven accurate, then frankly you're either over thinking this or throwing as far as I'm concerned. You don't ever vote me, because I know I have the credibility of a bull promising not to break anything in a pottery shop.
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2886, Hectic wrote:
Yin and Yang briefly discuss something. Yang walks over to Amy Dunne and whispers something to her.

Yang and Amy Dunne are now masons and share a PT. Amy Dunne is confirmed to be town and can no longer be sentenced.
But so was Ircher? *confuzzled*
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2928, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 2919, Tanner wrote:
In post 2913, Ydrasse wrote:assuming scum did pick amy, what does that say about pooky's alignment

like she's been hard townreading him all game and i know she says that he wouldn't say/do the things he's done as scum to her but... imo he would entirely and beyond taking away an easy sentencing for town this feels like it benefits him more than anyone else
i totally could see scum!pooky doing that... amy was generally townread, no? maybe i'm bised because you were my strongest townread going into the night and if anything i'd expect you to be conftown'ed, but i'm probably biased by not townreading amy that strongly myself.
i think amy was one of the top townreads? i also think (and no offense amy i don't mean this meanly) she gets really stubborn on her reads sometimes which makes her a perfect candidate if her reads are good for scum.
I’m not wrong on Pooky. Have any of you even considered the possibility that one of the reasons I was confirmed was to frame him, because you absolutely should.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”