scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Simenon wrote:
scotmany12 wrote: Try again. This does not explain why you think I am scum.
Yes, it does. You were being deliberately dense, and apparently you're keeping up the act.
I'm not being dense at all. You go from say that the pressure on me has caused me to post more, and then when I ask you how that makes me scum, you reply with saying that the argument is less than stellar. That means absolutely nothing. How exactly does this make me dense?
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Simenon »

scotmany12 wrote:
Simenon wrote:
Yes, it does. You were being deliberately dense, and apparently you're keeping up the act.
I'm not being dense at all. You go from say that the pressure on me has caused me to post more, and then when I ask you how that makes me scum, you reply with saying that the argument is less than stellar. That means absolutely nothing. How exactly does this make me dense?
A bad argument doesn't actually tell us anything about alignment. It begins to, though, when the poor argument is made on purpose. I don't think we would be having this argument if you were town, so that leaves you being a scum trying to have the argument.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:14 am

Post by stark »

So scot is scum because he has a bad argument?
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Simenon »

stark wrote:So scot is scum because he has a bad argument?
Read 151 over. Stop pulling a Designer Mafia.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Tomato
Tomato
Goon
Tomato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:58 am

Post by Tomato »

Basically, here's what I wanted to comment on after rereading everything:

Simpor;124 wrote:I'm here.
Well we can't use Sim since both Simenom and me starts with Sim.

This game has a slow start, and as for the posting I haven't contributed alot..
So far the only scummy thing is fuzzys wagon, but it can be as he says a joke.

That being said I'm still going to
unvote: vote fuzzy
I don't like how he's explaining how his vote may be wrong and why. It's being both on the wagon and off at the same time.

pickemgenius - Your explanation on the fuzzy vote is lacking, and outside of that you said that it's still the best wagon without explaining why (is it still just that one post?). In addition, no explanations on why the hasdgfas wagon is the second best.

My read on fuzzy is fuzzy.

Flameaxe - You still like the scot vote? If so, why?

FaerieLord - Post content. Now. Etc. You've said nothing at all. That's just unacceptable.

Haterade - All of your opinions on hasdgfas are basically copying what someone else already said about him. Just seems like leeching to me.

Of the scot/fuzzy/hasdgfas wagons, I prefer the hasdgfas wagon the most - But I'm pretty much unsure about it. Logically, it seems like the best wagon for today, but my gut is telling me to stay off it. Take of that what you will.
MafiascumZuFaul (11:27:19 PM): what is the difference between chuck norris and god?
weedragonaut (11:27:39 PM): one is an overused meme on the internet and the other is an overused meme in real life?
Tomato
Tomato
Goon
Tomato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Tomato »

Er, forgot to add why on hasdgfas: Basically, a lot of his posts seems like reaching to me, and some are just completely useful. I don't really have any new insights here though.
MafiascumZuFaul (11:27:19 PM): what is the difference between chuck norris and god?
weedragonaut (11:27:39 PM): one is an overused meme on the internet and the other is an overused meme in real life?
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:56 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

I apologize for going ghost on this thread. I meant to post on Friday that I was going to be V/LA on Saturday, and then my computer decided to crash on me. Right now I am posting from my roommate's computer while he is at class, and I don't know when I will have my computer back. So I will only have limited access for the forseeable future, but I will try to post as often as I can.

Anyway, to report my findings on what has happened. I will admit my wagon was started because I committed a suspicious act, as I have admitted freely before, but aside from stark, no one has really come up with anything against me, other than my joke wagon. Cow's wagon seemed to start somewhat randomly and I don't necessarily feel in my gut that it is right at this point. I would like to see Faerie post some more to see what she has to say, so my vote will stay there for now. I am liking the scot wagon best right now, because he really isn't doing a good job at proving why he is town. So I will put an
FoS scot
for now which will be upgraded to a vote either closer to the deadline or when Faerie puts up some content.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Simenon »

fuzzylightning wrote: . I am liking the scot wagon best right now, because he really isn't doing a good job at proving why he is town.
1. You mentioned FaerieLord. Couldn't you say he's doing even less?
2. What should scot do to prove why he is town?
3. Why should we lynch someone for absence of that proof?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:38 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

1. I did mention FaerieLord, I also said that my vote is staying there until she posts some content in this game.

2. I am not sure how he could do this. Currently it seems like he is making an argument that really isn't there, I can't well tell him, here is how you prove that you are town, he just needs to provide some reasoning that would lead people to believe that he is town, providing that he really is town.

3. If someone is not town, you should lynch them, isn't that the point of mafia, the town lynches the scum and the scum tries to get a mislynch. If he is not proving that he is town, then I believe that he really isn't town, and therefore should be lynched.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 am

Post by scotmany12 »

fuzzylightning wrote:2. I am not sure how he could do this. Currently it seems like he is making an argument that really isn't there, I can't well tell him, here is how you prove that you are town, he just needs to provide some reasoning that would lead people to believe that he is town, providing that he really is town.

3. If someone is not town, you should lynch them, isn't that the point of mafia, the town lynches the scum and the scum tries to get a mislynch. If he is not proving that he is town, then I believe that he really isn't town, and therefore should be lynched.
Maybe you should try proving that you are town fuzzylightning? Who has proved that they were town so far? You are asking me to do something I simply can't do. I can argue my point which I have been trying to do, but short of that I can't "prove" that I am town. And since no one has really proved that they are town, should you not be believing everyone is scum then?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Sorry for doulb epost; forgot to copy and paste together.
Simenon wrote:
scotmany12 wrote:
Simenon wrote:
A bad argument doesn't actually tell us anything about alignment. It begins to, though, when the poor argument is made on purpose. I don't think we would be having this argument if you were town, so that leaves you being a scum trying to have the argument.
What? I'm trying to defend myself from the small amount of accusations made against me. You expect me as town to just sit and let people vote for me? No, I'm going to try to defend myself. I'm not arguing for you just for the sake of arguing; I'm trying to convince you and everyone else that I am town.
Simpor
Simpor
Goon
Simpor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Simpor »

fuzzylightning wrote: I am liking the scot wagon best right now
Well since the other wagon is against you it can be pretty hard for you to like it I guess?
fuzzylightning wrote: 3. If someone is not town, you should lynch them, isn't that the point of mafia, the town lynches the scum and the scum tries to get a mislynch. If he is not proving that he is town, then I believe that he really isn't town, and therefore should be lynched.
I missed stark's commen earlier, but as he mentioned you have hoped on several wagons, doesn't that makes you even more suspicious?
Hmmmm
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Simenon »

fuzzylightning wrote: 2. I am not sure how he could do this. Currently it seems like he is making an argument that really isn't there, I can't well tell him, here is how you prove that you are town, he just needs to provide some reasoning that would lead people to believe that he is town, providing that he really is town.
So do you believe proving yourself to be town is more important as a player than catching scum?
scotmany wrote:What? I'm trying to defend myself from the small amount of accusations made against me. You expect me as town to just sit and let people vote for me? No, I'm going to try to defend myself. I'm not arguing for you just for the sake of arguing; I'm trying to convince you and everyone else that I am town.
My problem with you is not that you are defending yourself, but that you are defending yourself with insincere arguments. I hated your reaction to the initial wagon.
But this wagon isn't going anywhere and this response is actually fine in my opinion.
Unvote
Vote Has
SEND THE VECTOIDS
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:18 am

Post by stark »

Hey sim, are you opposed to a fuzzywagon?
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Simenon »

Very much so.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Tomato
Tomato
Goon
Tomato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Tomato »

Simpor, I asked you a question in my last post.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:34 am

Post by hasdgfas »

I still don't think I've actually seen an argument as to why I should have a wagon. Anyone mind either making one or pointing me towards that argument?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:55 am

Post by stark »

Simenon wrote:
So he's scum because you just spun a fancy little nature of argument dialectic?

Scot wagon is unfounded.

Why are you opposed to fuzzy?

I still don't see has-reasoning.

In my mind, the only scum I see is fuzzy.
Tomato
Tomato
Goon
Tomato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Tomato »

Tomato wrote:Er, forgot to add why on hasdgfas: Basically, a lot of his posts seems like reaching to me, and some are just completely useful. I don't really have any new insights here though.
That's what I've got, but I just realized I said useful instead of useless. Awk.
Simpor
Simpor
Goon
Simpor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Simpor »

To tomato:

Actually you made a statement.. questions usually have a ? at the end of the sentence...
Tomato wrote: I don't like how he's explaining how his vote may be wrong and why. It's being both on the wagon and off at the same time.
If you want some more explanation see my post at 161. So far I believe that fuzzy is the most scummy one and my vote is on him.
Hmmmm
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Simenon »

stark wrote:
Simenon wrote:
No, I'm saying he was scum to me because he argument sounded like an argument scum made. Or is that no longer a legitimate reason to vote for someone anymore?

I also find it amusing that you completely avoided commenting on the fact you blatantly strawmanned me, contradicting a post I made that was *above* yours.
1. I sense there are scum on the wagon.
2. He has a lot of opinions that remind me of other opinions newbies hold when they're town.
3. The arguments against him are typical arguments scum use against newbies.
Then you need another look. I know I provided a reason for not liking has.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:07 am

Post by dahill1 »

"Yay, Content" Vote Count

(3) hasdgfas: (scotmany12, Haterade, Simenon)
(3) fuzzylightning: (pickemgenius, stark, Simpor)
(2) scotmany12: (Flameaxe, IH)
(2) FaerieLord: (Tomato, fuzzylightning)
(2) Tomato: (FaerieLord, hasdgfas)

(0) Not voting: No one

Deadline: Oct. 6th - time still to be determined
Last edited by dahill1 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:37 am

Post by stark »

I don't think that fuzzy is on his own wagon :P

fixed
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:48 am

Post by stark »

Simenon wrote:
stark wrote:
Simenon wrote:
No, I'm saying he was scum to me because he argument sounded like an argument scum made. Or is that no longer a legitimate reason to vote for someone anymore?
Nope

I also find it amusing that you completely avoided commenting on the fact you blatantly strawmanned me, contradicting a post I made that was *above* yours.
Wow, you're cool with your debate team terminology. What should I comment on? Besides, don't dwell in the past. Honestly, who reads posts prior to their own?

1. I sense there are scum on the wagon.
Uhh.. It's me and peg at last count. Thanks man. That's exactly why you're going after everyone else?

2. He has a lot of opinions that remind me of other opinions newbies hold when they're town.
Un ejemplo por favor?

3. The arguments against him are typical arguments scum use against newbies.
Oh man, you caught me. :roll:
Then you need another look. I know I provided a reason for not liking has.
I've obviously missed it then. I'll re-read[/b]
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Simenon »

thank you for the pompous condescension and general bullshit. You're really in your element here stark.
stark wrote:Nope
Reread what you just wrote and stop being a complete idiot. You're embarrassing yourself here.
Wow, you're cool with your debate team terminology.
Dickhead.
What should I comment on?
A correction would be nice. An admission of guilt or mistake. Something like "oops, Sim, you're right, what I wrote before was complete bullshit seeing as the post before me was a complete contradiction of what I just said." You know, instead of being an ass.
Uhh.. It's me and peg at last count. Thanks man. That's exactly why you're going after everyone else?
WE HAVE A DEADLINE IN SIX DAYS. *****SIX DAYS****
Un ejemplo por favor?
The whole "prove yourself to be town" thing is a big one.
SEND THE VECTOIDS

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”