Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:11 am

Post by petapan »

In post 903, Ythan wrote:
In post 896, Kakeguri Addicts wrote:
In post 880, Ythan wrote:I am hirsute.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ia/RolePMs

This seems to check out. Why'd you leave out the "Townie" at the end when claiming your role? It seems to be called Hirsute Townie, whereas Miller is just Miller.

This makes me suspect that perhaps your role said "Hirsute Mafia" and you assumed that it was like the miller and you only claimed the first part.
This isn't Greater Idea.
you don't know that for sure!
In post 919, Ythan wrote:I'm trying to be nicer in games and I already feel like I could be doing better in this one but maybe saying so out loud will help. Looking forward to playing with you all~
u haven't been as mean as me so ur good imo
free crypto
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:17 am

Post by Vecna »

I dont think pressure on Ythan to elaborate is wise, subtle as it may be
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:27 am

Post by petapan »

In post 960, Vecna wrote:
In post 699, petapan wrote:unwnd
Kazyan

lukewarm
taco hemingway
the resistance (kinda shocked this ended up here)
pooky
Vecna
manateegal
uncle shelby
morph
VFP
kdowns
vaxkiller
kakegurui addicts

WhemeStar
Reiuji Utsuho
celestial powerhouse

Echolocation
Anya
T3
Since you seem to have a lot of similar thoughts, let me throw some random questions; Why pooky there? Why celestial so low? Are vax/reiuji/echo based on inactivity or content?
i had at the time liked pookys energy he came into the game with. since then hes diminshed due to being caught on the same boring unwnd jag

i hadn't liked the way celestial came into the game at first. my feelings were probably colored by personally finding them annoying, posts since my last list have flashed town, considering making them my top townread in the hopes they get nightkilled

vax was lower-null on lack of content, reiuji's content is somewhat scummy for what it is, echolocation was not very towny in their posts and i expect them to make it apparent when they are town. i thought them trolling unwnd was towny(?) though
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:29 am

Post by petapan »

In post 980, Vecna wrote:

This seems to check out. Why'd you leave out the "Townie" at the end when claiming your role? It seems to be called Hirsute Townie, whereas Miller is just Miller.

This makes me suspect that perhaps your role said "Hirsute Mafia" and you assumed that it was like the miller and you only claimed the first part.
With how people have started theorizing (tmi) about mafia millers, and now this claim, and the original start post claiming how we shouldnt make assumptions...... this just starts to feel like a setup where the multiball teams both mightve gotten these modifiers to fuck with em or town in general.
In post 1, Cephrir wrote:This setup was created in part using a random element. If you find yourself thinking the mod would never make some particular role town or scum, you are probably wrong. This game may have the potential to ignore common setup design maxims. For example, if I rolled a neighborhood composed entirely of members of the same scumteam, I would not have a problem with that, given that I have now warned you about the possibility.
the tmi of reading the rules
free crypto
Kakeguri Addicts
Kakeguri Addicts
Goon
Kakeguri Addicts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:34 am

Post by Kakeguri Addicts »

In post 999, Anya wrote:kakeguri can you give wolf motives for dann's actions
We haven't been looking into that because it shouldn't be necessary. It won't change our opinion on how the T3 stuff went down, and we think he needs to be eliminated for just that.

So we haven't been looking at his posts very closely. His motive is likely to stay alive by trying to look like town.
Hydra between Yumeko Jabami and Mary Saotome
Taco Hemingway
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:36 am

Post by Taco Hemingway »

VOTE: petapan
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:39 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1005, Taco Hemingway wrote:VOTE: petapan
sad
free crypto
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:42 am

Post by Vecna »

Im having very strong deja vu of this tunnel that youre in and the way youre playing it and shading everyone that disagrees with your interpretation of those few posts made by T3
Taco Hemingway
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:46 am

Post by Taco Hemingway »

also anya is still town
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:47 am

Post by Vecna »

I forgot what the name were of the quiet person that used to do it, but they were always lurking, then once upon a time as scum they just death tunneled someone all game long with such conviction that everyone started townreading em over it.

A while ago now, and its done with bigger words here and slightly more confidence, but boy does it still feel similar.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:49 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 1003, petapan wrote:
In post 980, Vecna wrote:

With how people have started theorizing (tmi) about mafia millers, and now this claim, and the original start post claiming how we shouldnt make assumptions...... this just starts to feel like a setup where the multiball teams both mightve gotten these modifiers to fuck with em or town in general.
In post 1, Cephrir wrote:This setup was created in part using a random element. If you find yourself thinking the mod would never make some particular role town or scum, you are probably wrong. This game may have the potential to ignore common setup design maxims. For example, if I rolled a neighborhood composed entirely of members of the same scumteam, I would not have a problem with that, given that I have now warned you about the possibility.
the tmi of reading the rules
Also, that wasnt my point. That rules post was exactly the one I was talking about in the post you were quoting.

Theres this feeling in the air of SvS hunting going on, and I bet some people are using their own factions role pm to flush out their counterpart-twin.
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:50 am

Post by Kazyan »

I'm V/LA for today and tomorrow. I'll probably be able to post a little, but not with the energy to keep up with who is arguing with who. Dann is still scum.
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:51 am

Post by Kazyan »

In post 933, Kakeguri Addicts wrote:On my end, I think that the deity roleplay takes up too much of their persona and that they sometimes fail to deliver content in lieu of roleplaying.
Damn, someone finally said it out loud.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:54 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 1012, Kazyan wrote:
In post 933, Kakeguri Addicts wrote:On my end, I think that the deity roleplay takes up too much of their persona and that they sometimes fail to deliver content in lieu of roleplaying.
...Theyre not even roleplaying?

Theyre just signing with an alias. What type of ocean or god-of-death themed talk have you actually seen from their slot?
Celestial Powerhouse
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:58 am

Post by Celestial Powerhouse »

In post 910, Dannflor wrote:
In post 901, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:I dont mean sheeping consensus.

what would be the scum motivation to point all of that out for me? and I specifically said that I dont know how to explain it. and what do you mean posting words for the sake of it? light shade isnt really going to get you anywhere given I'm already a universal scum read here.
I'm trying to push you to put reasons to your emotions

I don't doubt you got that impression, whether from Lukewarm's post bleeding into your subconscious or just as some general impression from my post. But anyone can just spew the first impressions they get off posts, that's like my primary approach to scum - it often reads as towny because people read impressions and emotions as genuine. but town usually tries to dig deeper than that.

why exactly do you get that feeling, what is it? - push deeper. because right now posting stuff like "dann's reads feel too perfect" is just that, words

I don't think it's immediately scummy but I'm shading you to try and goad out your thought process a little more
typically now would be a time where I just double down and call you scum because I dont like cooperating but I will go find that reads list and try to put it in words this one time because I dont know why honestly.

-Mister Ocean
Once again, the brothers
Zues
Posoiden
and
Hedas
roam the earth, searching for entertainment.
Celestial Powerhouse
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:09 am

In post 478, Dannflor wrote:
In post 385, unwnd wrote:
In post 327, Dannflor wrote:[unwnd]
[lukewarm, echo, kazyan, celestial?]
[morph the cat, resistance]
[manatee, uncle shelby]
[..., ...]

this is about where I'm at at the moment

I have to go be productive for a while, be back this evening if I'm not dead

Not a terrible list but remarkably safe. Yes I am going to scrutinize you a bit harder given what T3 did. Why is Morph so high up? Shouldn't they be a bit more lower relative to your own innocence? If I rep into a slot and I was just previously shitcanned I'd be wondering who were being opportunistic in my previous life's folly
morph is in the mixed / I don't have a read on them yet but I feel like I should category - I went into this in an earlier post

I need to see more out of them beyond complaining about my slot
ok first things first your interaction with unwnd is weird. this one I actually can't explain so it doesn't matter how much you shade me I will not be able to explain it. I typically have a hard time reading unwnd though so that's something to keep in mind I guess.

I guess just the choice of putting unwnd at the top is strange in a very wifom-y sense. unwnd's reaction to it really doesn't help me. I think I feel really good saying that {unwnd, dannflor} has one town maximum. it seems like a slight scum tactic to be putting someone that is on the edge about your alignment at the top. but its hard to say because unwnds reaction makes me feel that your interaction isnt TvT. its such a brief interaction and I suck at reading unwnd so I dont feel confident saying this but I'm not a fan of that interaction. to confirm, I did see unwnds reply the first time around which was the post that I mentioned maybe influencing my read.

[lukewarm, echo, kazyan, celestial?] this is probably the part of the reads list that I have the biggest issue with. this is a group of pretty controversial players put this high and something that I've done in not one but multiple scum games of my own. scum that rep in and are USRs have no choice but to try to change up everyone's reads lists and this feels particularly like that. putting scum read players higher also makes the chances of them TRing you much larger just because self preservation and feeling vulnerable being at the bottom of reads lists.

[manatee, uncle shelby]
are these all supposed to be town reads because that was what I thought and if so, this is the safe part that I was mentioning. overall, these players are all really "safe" too townread as in they have shown the basis surface level towniness and TRs on them are pretty easily justified.
except resistance. I dont agree with that one because Titus feels scummy and I haven't seen a single ircher post yet which is problematic(I may have missed it because of how I am reading up so let me know if there's been ircher posts)
I dont remember who manatee is
uncle Shelby and morph the cat are both really really safe TRs.

-Mister Ocean
Once again, the brothers
Zues
Posoiden
and
Hedas
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:15 am

Post by morph the cat »

I think the first couple of posts by Resistance were Ircher. Haven't noticed any since then.
Uncle Shelby
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Uncle Shelby »

In post 1013, Vecna wrote:
In post 1012, Kazyan wrote:
...Theyre not even roleplaying?

Theyre just signing with an alias. What type of ocean or god-of-death themed talk have you actually seen from their slot?
Uhmm are we reading the same game here?

I largely agree with everything Kakeguri has been saying.
Uncle Shelby
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:39 am

Post by Uncle Shelby »

In post 1015, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:I haven't seen a single ircher post yet which is problematic
That's interesting, I've been majorly pinged by every single one of Ircher's posts. What makes you like him?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:43 am

Post by unwnd »

I think I'm going to drop a huge wall of generalized thoughts

Until then I'm going to remain aloof, there's not a lot of active conversation that compells me to jump in.
Stop
Celestial Powerhouse
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:46 am

In post 933, Kakeguri Addicts wrote: - "we're anon for a reason". But then, in they remark that pooky should know who one of the heads are.
^This bothers me because it's not consistent. This is my weakest point against them.

those are different heads. we are anon for a reason however that doesn't mean we can't expect certain people to figure out who we are. these dont conflict each other

- "no, when I say dying I definitely just mean alive and well and in the game."
^This is failure to understand #2. Post seems pretty straightforward in asking whether they mean through elimination or the night kill, but they don't initially catch this, and go as far to say they should vote Uncle Shelby for this.

how is post 481 straightforward? it sounded like a very stupid filler question to me. even despite knowing that he was asking nightkill or day elim, I could easily argue that the post that he was asking it about was "very straightforward" I stated that we were going to die early for stupid reasons and that this was a total meme game. signs shouldn't really be pointing to night kills or even vig kills with that specific wording.

- "I was so happy with being middle tier on someone's reads list. why'd you ruin that?"
^This is failure to understand #3. Unwnd's list is not a reads list (except for the bottom tier). This is something Unwnd explained in both his next and previous posts.

and I also have explained that from about page 20 to recently, I have ctrl-f'ed the phrase "celes" to catch up. whatever post you are talking about didn't have our name in it because i didn't see it. since the post count has died down, I have been reading consistently though.

- "I dont really like how "correct" dann's reads feel. they feel like they are "right" and Im not sure how to explain that feeling. they just fit in so well and I dont question them when typically I pick at people's reads lists."
_Dann's reads:
[unwnd]
[lukewarm, echo, kazyan, celestial?]
[manatee, uncle shelby]
[..., ...]
^I am of the opposite opinion. This reads list in is sort of crazy. Specifically: Unwnd at the very top, echo, kazyan, celestial all townreads as of 327, Uncle Shelby as a scumread. I didn't agree with that at all... their argument in 890 isn't a good argument because, as far as I can tell, the reads in 327 weren't consensus anyway

I just made a post on this. see if your opinion changes.

In addition to the above, I think their push on Pooky is awkward.

I'd like to hear more on this
anything not related to me was deleted and not answered. I also deleted the last section because I didn't see anything to reply to.

-Mister Ocean
Once again, the brothers
Zues
Posoiden
and
Hedas
Uncle Shelby
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:54 am

Post by Uncle Shelby »

In post 664, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 214, The Resistance wrote:I 100% think T3 is town here and that people are reading into posts too much.
~Ircher
/agree T3 doesnt say shit like that as scum

UNVOTE:
T3 doesn't make mistakes as scum?
Celestial Powerhouse
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:56 am

In post 1018, Uncle Shelby wrote:
In post 1015, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:I haven't seen a single ircher post yet which is problematic
That's interesting, I've been majorly pinged by every single one of Ircher's posts. What makes you like him?
uh maybe I have then? I typically skip his walls.
my read up from 0-1 was full attention. from there I got annoyed and skimmed fast for a while. then that was too slow so I just ctrl-f'ed celes from there up until pretty recently where I went back to reading.
I'll give it an iso i guess. there was one post from Titus that I hated and I remember that very clearly. but I dont remember anything from ircher.

-Mister Ocean
Once again, the brothers
Zues
Posoiden
and
Hedas
Uncle Shelby
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Uncle Shelby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:59 am

Post by Uncle Shelby »

In post 682, petapan wrote:just realized that based on the setup info ceph absolutely could have created a werewolf miller that is mafia-aligned, lmao

guess i have to actually read the miller claims on play, that's so annoying though
Does this change your opinion of ?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:01 am

Post by unwnd »

This is another large theme game where I find trust very hard to find. I think my problem stems from the fact that maybe I respect others too much. Petapan, Morph the Cat, Kakeguri, Lukewarm. You know the people I was talking about being deliberate/meaningful. I respect their aptitude but it's not clicking here. Is this the fault with me or is it just multiball/D1 jitters where you can't really produce a coherent list given that you have a lot of fucking distancing going on. I'm not ready to trust given there are two factions that could try to kill me and the last multiball game I ended up with two shots in the chest. Lucky me.

I think if I were to seperate these 4 however in terms of readability over time it'd be something like Lukewarm -> Kakeguri -> Morph -> Peta. Peta takes great pride in his scumgame and likes trying different shit out. Morph probably is flexible as well. I like their content but that doesn't equate to trust. If you're tired of hearing me throw that word around get used to it. I think the terminology Cabd enjoys using is a pass. I would maybe given Peta/Morph a pass beyond D1 but that's likely guaranteed because they are not scum that dies D1. My efforts are more focused on killing low equity wolves/mafia and then seeing how potential bigshots who are aligned with them react to it.

I think right now Whemey is scum. Gut feelings resided by his chauvinistic behavior. Whemey is not exactly the knight who leads a bunch of mercenaries into battle for a noble cause. He's more of a self-proclaimed hero who tries to rout out evil when he sees it. Yet why was he was operating differently and trying to get people to join his cause? And on who exactly? T3? The person who is ubiquitously scumread by almost everyone? That doesn't seem very noble or townie to me. It all feels like poor acting and I fault Morph a bit for saying they liked his energy. Energy is the easiest emotion to fake and I would even say his energy is excessive. We agree to disagree unless my points compel you to think otherwise. It's not a masterstroke of a read but I'm not expecting to get great hits on D1. This is why I'm OK with killing off T3/Dannflor still because T3 was playing at low equity and that is where my priorities lie.
Stop

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”