Mini 658 - Facedown and Thirsty Mafia (Game Over)

nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by nhat »

Assuming that the scum didn't kill would mean that either they are setting up a doc claim with a no kill, or they are inactive. I've seen a scum claim doc in two different games, so I would assume that this is not a rare occurance. However, we do have enough lurkers/flakers that the scum may have just not signed on to submit the NK at all.
This is an important observation. I think that the Nat lynch is what should be done right now. Here's why:

Best case scenario - He flips scum.

Middle case scenario - He flips SK, putting suspicion on both of the absent players for not submitting a NK.

Worst case scenario - He's townie, and we get rid of an antitown player.
Hi. I'm bored too. I didn't feel like posting before because it'd be a useless post like this, but now I'm posting for no reason... possibly to show I'm still following this game, and I'm just waiting until Iron Man/malthusis get replaced or come back and claim.

nhat, you still haven't revealed if you are psychiatrist or not... at least not explicitly. Any reason why?
If you were truly following the game, then you'd know my reason. I don't like how you are pushing for this. I saw this in a game where they asked for everyone to confirm/deny a certain role. After almost everyone denied, the scum claimed the power role, cleared a scum partner, and the whole game went straight into the hands of the scum. Besides, there's still a chance that Nat is actually SK, unicorns, or whatever the hell, and he's lying about a tamer/psychiatrist.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@nhat: Firstly, I agree with the Nat lynch (hence why I haven't unvoted) but would like to see if there is a claim first (I have a theory, but to post it at this point would be to ruin it, so I will wait until everyone has claimed).

Secondly, I dunno if you are operating off this assumption or not, but just in case you are, RandomGem has already claimed not psychiatrist.

I would assume he is waiting for you because you are the only (I think) semi-active player who hasn't said whether or not you are the psychiatrist.

Personally, I think it is rather possible that you are doing the same thing you just told us about and waiting so you can claim safely. If you actually
are
the psychiatrist you are doing a rather poor job of setting up a believable claim.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

nhat wrote:
Hi. I'm bored too. I didn't feel like posting before because it'd be a useless post like this, but now I'm posting for no reason... possibly to show I'm still following this game, and I'm just waiting until Iron Man/malthusis get replaced or come back and claim.

nhat, you still haven't revealed if you are psychiatrist or not... at least not explicitly. Any reason why?
If you were truly following the game, then you'd know my reason. I don't like how you are pushing for this. I saw this in a game where they asked for everyone to confirm/deny a certain role. After almost everyone denied, the scum claimed the power role, cleared a scum partner, and the whole game went straight into the hands of the scum. Besides, there's still a chance that Nat is actually SK, unicorns, or whatever the hell, and he's lying about a tamer/psychiatrist.
Did you read my thoughts on the whole fake claiming Psychiatrist thing? If so do you disagree, and why?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by nhat »

I've explained why I'd rather not participate in post 227.

I know that RandomGem already claimed. That has no relevance to my reasoning.

And yes, it would be a poor setup for a fake claim.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:24 pm

None of those sentences answer mine.
-Tyler Durden
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:24 pm

EBWOP: Answer my questions.
-Tyler Durden
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Mokina »

nhat wrote:This is an important observation. I think that the Nat lynch is what should be done right now. Here's why:

Best case scenario - He flips scum.

Middle case scenario - He flips SK, putting suspicion on both of the absent players for not submitting a NK.

Worst case scenario - He's townie, and we get rid of an antitown player.
I like this reasoning. This is quality.

Still a little hazy on how the middle case scenario implicates the absent players, but all things considered, the situation in which Nat flips SK is a good outcome. The psychiatrist proposal seems weak, and my patience is running thin.

Fact is, Natirasha isn't going to help the town... and he's our best bet for scum right now. Either we're lynching a killer or we're lynching a liar.

Vote: Natirasha
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:14 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

If I'm not already doing so, then I will
unvote
whomever I'm on and
vote Natirasha
. He claimed serial killer, the psychiatrist is not showing up, and it's the best option we have right now.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Natirasha »

Gambit didn't work...
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:57 am

Natirasha wrote:

Gambit didn't work...
Ha! We caught scummy scum scum.
-Tyler Durden
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

And yet again it's Nat who finalizes the kill (If yellowbounder allows self-votes). Meh. Nothing we can do about it now.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Post by nhat »

DoS wrote: Another quick thought. If a member of the mafia claims psychiatrist and Nat continues killing don't we just lynch both of them over the next two days?

I honestly don't see it as being advantageous for scum to claim psychiatrist tbh.
Sorry, this is a bit after the fact, just didn't want to leave you hanging. It could be very easy for Nat to just stop killing to keep up appearances. Or, there's the fact that he may not be SK at all. I guess it's all based on Nat talking a bunch of nonsense, and I really didn't want to add any gasoline to the psychiatrist fire if people were deciding to take it seriously. Does that make sense?
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

Brought to you by Photography End of Day Vote Count

1- Iron Man (ChannelDelibird)
6 - Natirasha (DragonsofSummer, Kairyuu, nhat, Mokina, StrangerCoug, Natirasha)

3 - None (RandomGem, Iron Man, malthusis)

Don't do that! It's not safe!
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

They are coming.

After a long, and tiresome day's work of accusing people, the people of McDonald's slowly begin to tire of the whole concept of lynching people. Then there is a rumble, a slow building shaking of the whole building.
We must go!

People look around, but the noise seems to come from the air itself. Then, in almost an anticlimax, a herd of unicorns burst out of the wall. People shriek in terror, but the unicorns seem to be stampeding... themselves.

Their cameras are crushed, their hair brushes are slammed against the wall, and the 54% Horse DNA carriers (and 23% Sparkle RNA) are beaten to death with hooves. Then, when at least six unicorns, with silly hair, are dead, bleeding unicorn blood (it's all the colours of the rainbow, and twice as yummy), the herd vanishes, a single hair floating in the breeze, and is all that remains.

Natirasha (Herd of Unicorns, Serial Killer, None), suffered internal strife and ceased to exist, Day 2.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

Aside from some small person going around poking people in the face, you all decide to go to sleep.

It is now Night 2. Night ends Saturday 27th of September.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:27 am

Post by yellowbounder »

The end of the night has been extended slightly to allow for some more replacements.

Korts replaces Iron Man.

iamausername replaces nhat.

malthusis is being replaced.
Last edited by yellowbounder on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:46 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Cockadoodledo!

The sun rises in a slow methodical fashion, casting its rays across the restaurant, where everyone's frail forms are scattered over the floor and bad plastic chairs.

People start rising, yawning, and some start fishing around in the kitchen, looking for any food to start the day. Someone does a headcount, and realises that there's only eight people.

However, on the upside, there's a fresh load of hamburgers, with their only problem being a bits of brick dust.

Then someone finishes taking names, and realises that
DragonsofSummer
is missing.

The last burger has a brick in it. The brick has "asses" written on the side of it. There is also a used medical kit embedded in the bun, as well as a name badge.
Name Badge wrote:Hi, my name is
DragonsofSummer

Ask me about reconstructive surgery!
DragonsofSummer (
Brick of "Asses"
, Doctor, Pro-Town) was baked into a McDonald's hamburger, and accidentally consumed, Night 2.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:47 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Day 3.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Korts »

Hullo everyone, reading up. I'm around page 3, but I'll definitely have something for you within the week.
scumchat never die
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Mokina »

Checking in... nothing much to go on...
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Kairyuu »

I'm still here, and still thirsty. I've got a theory, but I'll wait until after dinner to write it up.

By the way, in case anyone was planning to ask me about it, my theory from late D2 was that Nat was scum and that the psychiatrist (if they had claimed) was also scum. I was wrong, obviously. The day ended earlier than I expected and I didn't get the opportunity to explain that before Night, so there it is.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

To begin, I must mention that I must make assumptions and use activity levels in my case, which I am loathe to do, but it makes sense.

My theory is this:

IronMan/Korts is likely scum. I say this because of the progression of kills. During N1 the scum did not kill or their kill failed (either is possible, but my assumption is that they didn't kill at all). Also, during N2, when Iron Man was replaced by Korts, the scum killed DoS. Therefore, based on the replacement times (which is really all we have to go on, since Iron Man was lurking pretty heavily once D1 started moving) I would say he is the best chance of scum for today's lynch.

Vote: Iron Man
for the reasons listed above.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Wow, a triple post. I don't often do this, but I forgot my alternative I was planning to add.

An alternative possibility would be that the scum
did
try to kill N1, but DoS blocked it (or it was stopped some other random way). The only problem with that is that DoS is dead, and therefore cannot tell us who he protected, so there isn't much we can gather from that.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by Korts »

Please clarify why scum NK-ing DoS N2 incriminates me. Had DoS been pushing Iron Man's wagon?
scumchat never die
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by iamausername »

Hi all, I've read through the game once, but that didn't really give me much of a feel for anything, so I'm definitely going to need to read it again. It's nice and short, at least.

Assuming a three-man mafia, as is the usual in twelve player games, we're probably in lylo right now, but with the option of taking a no lynch first, which might be a good idea. Let's be careful, anyway.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”