[2] Tanner:
Robert M Hunter, Flea The Magician
[2] Flea The Magician:
Morning Tweet, Ircher
[1] Satoru Nakata:
clidd

[4] Not Voting:
Amy Dunne, PookyTheMagicalBear, Satoru Nakata, Chara

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to sentence. If there is no majority by the deadline, plurality will decide.

The deadline is in (expired on 2021-07-17 20:00:50).

Joint moderator ISO.
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:47 am

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2419, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 2383, Ydrasse wrote:re setup: there’s nothing to say a silent star game cant have a pr but looking at the last two, it feels unlikely this one does as well. the games are based around mechanical things going on and not the individual’s role (i think the first one having roles made sense with the setup/conceit of the game). so far, we have yin and yang and a bomb. we already have killing power added into the game beyond a nightkill and i don’t think a random vig is thrown in there to... what, keep us off evens when if we get on evens in the first place it’s from the results of our day play?
Fair enough, I can see it being out of place. You make a fair point that the point of the first game was to trick ppl into thinking they had actual werewolf teams in like, a multiball setup.

pedit: He would have claimed novice (today).
I guess I’m wrong then.
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Yang »

In chess I'm the piece that moves wherever the fuck she wants
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2422, Amy Dunne wrote:What I found interesting about Flea’s posting yesterday, was that fae vanity voted Tanner for the longest time and only after Infinity wagon gained momentum, did fae suddenly switch to Nakata. There was a real window of opportunity where Nakata could have actually been the lim BEFORE Infinity wagon gained unstoppable momentum but at the point fae switched to Nakata, that wagon was clearly not happening.
Could have been a mistake by Flea. Or perhaps you're right and it's some sort of distance play. Either way I'm more favourable to Flea being scum here thus far, and I'd really like to engage with faer but i have mostly been unsuccessful so far this game getting much going gamesolvey-wise with Flea.

The hyperfixation on the mechanics without knowing to trust them, to the point of sacrificing Tanner is hard for me to swallow. Maybe the best part of faer play is getting frustrated we're not listening to them.....? I'm not even sure why fae find it frustrating that we aren't solving the criminals faster -- it's not like we know it's going to be helpful. It's just a weird thing to devote 100% of your play to.

Granted, I spend a lot of time on it because i find it fun! But I'm not sure Flea is having much fun
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2424, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 2388, Chara wrote:Ydrasse: what do you think of Tweetie's specifically? i keep reading it my first thought was i feel like Tweetie is being really charitable to Robert's play and reading into it in a way that feels informed. one thing i'm fairly sure of is it's not a hypothetical scum Tweetie defending her scum partner, but i wouldn't rule out anything else just based on that.

i am kind of with Robert that i find some aspects of Tweetie's play lacking from her towngame, there's a certain emotional honesty that i associate with Tweetie and this post is pretty much what i was looking for in terms of "this is how town Tweetie digs into her townreads". i don't know if scum Tweet can do this too and this is partially why i'd really like to see her talk about her read on me more in depth.

but basically i've definitely felt this way before, recently in fact, with the really scummy player who you can still kind of see the logic of so you go all in trying to figure it out and come out with a townread.

actually anyone can weigh in i'm curious about thoughts on this in general, this ended up being more about Tweet than about Robert.
It's so annoying to read a player who conventionally hits just about every aspect of what can possibly be scummy (Copious AtE, only appears when talked about, only pushes who is being pushed, softs claim early without elaboration, claims something that begs for one more night but didnt use it previous night, produces little game advancing content, focuses on Yin/Yang but doesnt know if they're helpful??)

and then i go "Yeah, but he's probably just built different"

and then the entire game's like "WTF"

and im like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ what can i say

Which is an oddly specific scenario but i swear it's happened more than once

To elaborate, it's like. There's a super obvious explanation and then there's the other one I can also see. FOR EXAMPLE:

Robert repeatedly says he is going to shoot Ydrasse, thereby reaffirming he is vig over and over. Typically, this comes across as fake and a kind of overcompensation for the fakeclaim. But i can ALSO see a possibility where it ties in to how Robert said that he gets reads through the people pushing him, and him saying he is going to shoot Ydrasse over and over is actually because he's extremely sure she's scum and in a way he's taunting her / baiting reactions. So instead of reaffirming he's vig over and over which would be fakeclaim motivated, he's actually just reaffirming he's going to shoot Ydrasse over and over which has some kind of different motivation. Which is an infinitely more complicated answer, so via occams razor i should probably be throwing it out but i dont for some reason

There's the best insight i can provide. If Robert is in fact town and ppl come at me saying I was informed of that and there's no way anyone could have read his play so charitably, then there's your answer

pedit: i believe Pooky was saying "Yeah, that's nice and all, but do you really think he's going to let us leash him?"
That’s what I’m saying, I think Pooky only wants to kill him if he is hellbent on shooting consensus town.
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Yang »

I miss Nakata
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Ircher »

UNVOTE:

Actually, I'm going to unvote for now because Flea responds rather poorly to pressure, but I would like to see more from that slot within the next 24 or so hours.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2386, Chara wrote:
In post 2169, Morning Tweet wrote:i think my read on you is gonna take some extra effort to go and review, one moment

What i meant by pushes i suppose was how you stuck to Nakata for the majority of the day, i dont think you ever joined ircher, and im not sure if your thoughts on infy came very early in her wagon. Which would make sense for scum that wants ircher to go thru, have tons of targets on the next day and not come under fire. assuming nakatas town, which with Infy's afk push on them seems a tad more likely
did you end up going to review it?

the latter part doesn't seem to be the read as much as talking about why i could be scum with Infinity based on pushes. which i did ask about.

i don't understand the part about not voting Ircher, if i wanted him to go through instead of my partner Infinity, might it have been a good idea to try and help that go through? iirc i was pushing Nakata (who is still scummy, i don't think Infinity's push on him is clearing in the least) and then moved to Infinity when votes stalled out at the end. it seems like the least optimal way to go about the day.
i.. dont think i did

My recollection of the wagon is that Ircher and Nakata were competing with Ircher winning out, you stayed on Nakata when it seemed likely Ircher was going to die, then when Infy became inevitable you switched there. I can see Nakata being a favourable vote because you're clean of killing Ircher and you also aren't bussing Infy. But that's just my recollection, i havent done a good review this game

I think you're more towny than not. Just based off your posting today regarding me and Robert and the like, i liked it. But with regards to how my read on you has been this game, i havent been very sure where to go with it so i just stick to your voting. Hm, I wonder if there's two town and two scum criminals.
In post 2389, Chara wrote:also i disagree that focusing on reads on oneself is a bad strategy, i'd say the problem is if it's ones
only
method of hunting. you know your own alignment, so that does give an edge to any analysis.
though i can recognize that the emotional aspect of being pushed can introduce biases.
That's fair -- i agree if it's your only strategy it's probable it will be bad. Just incorporating it isn't a problem, though
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2415, Amy Dunne wrote:
In post 262, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 260, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you're off your game infy

are you a baddie or something
No :/
I really don’t see Pooky saying this to a buddy, do you?

@Chara
i think Pooky could say this as scum, i don't think he is here, though.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2431, Ircher wrote:UNVOTE:

Actually, I'm going to unvote for now because Flea responds rather poorly to pressure, but I would like to see more from that slot within the next 24 or so hours.
i think this is a bad reason to unvote Flea. part of how i know how to read faer involves how fae acts when fae needs to. i'd rather not go into detail on this though, for reasons that are probably obvious.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2428, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 2422, Amy Dunne wrote:What I found interesting about Flea’s posting yesterday, was that fae vanity voted Tanner for the longest time and only after Infinity wagon gained momentum, did fae suddenly switch to Nakata. There was a real window of opportunity where Nakata could have actually been the lim BEFORE Infinity wagon gained unstoppable momentum but at the point fae switched to Nakata, that wagon was clearly not happening.
Could have been a mistake by Flea. Or perhaps you're right and it's some sort of distance play. Either way I'm more favourable to Flea being scum here thus far, and I'd really like to engage with faer but i have mostly been unsuccessful so far this game getting much going gamesolvey-wise with Flea.

The hyperfixation on the mechanics without knowing to trust them, to the point of sacrificing Tanner is hard for me to swallow. Maybe the best part of faer play is getting frustrated we're not listening to them.....? I'm not even sure why fae find it frustrating that we aren't solving the criminals faster -- it's not like we know it's going to be helpful. It's just a weird thing to devote 100% of your play to.

Granted, I spend a lot of time on it because i find it fun! But I'm not sure Flea is having much fun
Flea knew we weren’t yeeting Tanner, so if fae really wanted Nakata limmed that badly, why waste a votepark on Tanner? I’m just saying is if fae really wanted Nakata limmed, why stay on Tanner for as long as fae did?

Fae was clearly opposed to Ircher wagon but waited to switch faer vote to Nakata when it pretty much didn’t matter. All I know is fae’s vote like Nakata’s were basically pointless and today fae’s back again to voting Tanner, which makes no sense because he was consistently voting Infinity.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Chara »

Flea/Nakata/Infinity scum?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2424, Morning Tweet wrote:There's the best insight i can provide. If Robert is in fact town and ppl come at me saying I was informed of that and there's no way anyone could have read his play so charitably, then there's your answer
i'm inclined to believe you, mostly because i cannot see what your angle is as scum to not allow the town to eliminate a claimed vigilante that is heavily scumread. even for towncred, which is kind of a hit or miss thing.
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2433, Chara wrote:
In post 2415, Amy Dunne wrote:
In post 262, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 260, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you're off your game infy

are you a baddie or something
No :/
I really don’t see Pooky saying this to a buddy, do you?

@Chara
i think Pooky could say this as scum, i don't think he is here, though.
He generally doesn’t try to distance his buddies from what I’ve observed but yeah, I think he’s pretty obviously town here.
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:15 am

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 2436, Chara wrote:
Flea/Nakata/Infinity scum?
Could be?
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Yang »

Where is my prince charming?!?!?!!?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Ircher »

@Yin
: Who is your teacher?
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2432, Morning Tweet wrote:i.. dont think i did

My recollection of the wagon is that Ircher and Nakata were competing with Ircher winning out, you stayed on Nakata when it seemed likely Ircher was going to die, then when Infy became inevitable you switched there. I can see Nakata being a favourable vote because you're clean of killing Ircher and you also aren't bussing Infy. But that's just my recollection, i havent done a good review this game

I think you're more towny than not. Just based off your posting today regarding me and Robert and the like, i liked it. But with regards to how my read on you has been this game, i havent been very sure where to go with it so i just stick to your voting. Hm, I wonder if there's two town and two scum criminals.
i can follow the logic of the first part. by my memory Nakata had a shot at going through, which is why i stayed there until i decided it ultimately didn't matter all that much because all three were in my pool.

i asked about your read because it's always helpful to see what approach you take, but thanks for the answer regardless. right now i believe you that it'd be tough to keep your play up if you were scum, though i'm mostly okay with calling you town for the Robert read because it seems a really pointless risk to take if you were scum to go stick your neck out on that on. i'm not 100% on this but i do think this is in line with what i know of town Tweetie.

pedit: i'll be your prince charming. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Chara »

VOTE: Flea
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 2231, Tanner wrote:
In post 2217, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 2205, Chara wrote:
In post 2192, Chara wrote:
In post 2182, Flea The Magician wrote:Given we've no way to verify night actions, the claim request is pointless.
how do you know this?
i'd still like to know how you're aware of this, Flea.
I assume there's no PRs in this kinda game, quite simply.
if you assume there' no power roles, what do you think of the person that very blatantly softed a power role on day one?
Theres 2 options.

Attract maf kill, maf trying not to get killed. It can go either way.

Also I'm back from a full day of lapring which was meant to be a light day and I am fubar'd. I will catchup what I can.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 2233, Yang wrote:How come Yin is getting so many more questions? So hurtful.
I'm trying to stay equal <3

So far I've actually asked you more questions than Yin :)
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Yang »

Chara is now my Prince Charming. Chara gets +20 to amazingness rolls whenever it attacks as long as I'm in an adjacent tile.

<3
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Yang »

In post 2445, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 2233, Yang wrote:How come Yin is getting so many more questions? So hurtful.
I'm trying to stay equal <3

So far I've actually asked you more questions than Yin :)
Ok no eliminating Flea today.

Flea is our general now we must obey faer orders.

Fae has exhibited a sort of wisdom no one else has.
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Yang »

Nayru is the goddess of wisdom
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Chara »

and so i'll never leave Yang's side. <3

hello Flea! a full day of larping sounds like a great way to spend time, still.

pedit: oh no, i am immediately caught in a pickle. do i listen to my heart or my head?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”