Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:43 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Not to mention you have like 99% of the town agreeing with you.
In post 2371, Ydrasse wrote:like idk how else to tell you this without being extremely rude but you're sitting here doing everything you can to try and justify robert living and being town and going at the end with the implication that we will all back off and everything will be easy peasy and i don't know why. either you have some gutread that you're grasping at straws to justify or you're like scum with robert and trying to keep the elim off of him for another day and then when tomorrow comes and i am presumably not dead (unless it's from the scumkill! lol!) you're going to be like :c oh uwu sorry guys i really messed up believing him >_< and everyone will be like aw it's okay we all did it too.

and that's why it's so infuriating to see people go "no we can LEASH HIM" instead of killing a scummy person with a scummy claim in a series of games that historically haven't had prs in the last two iterations.
this is hard to read. you're addressing me like scum robert's slipping through your fingers and it's all my fault cause all the town's on board with me

Like literally no one but me is saying this. This is whole post is all directed at me. Maybe if we were collectively letting Robert get away this would be justified -- like that'd probably be a red flag and I think you'd be on to something

But no. everyone is trying their best to kill Robert rn. You're lashing out at a single person with a single read and suggest who has so far swayed literally no one, mostly cause most people haven't even weighed in yet but still it's likely with the extreme pressure on Robert and lack of counterwagon outside of Tanner, you're very secure. So please give me a break.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:58 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Calmed down slightly and actually read the message in full...

I wouldn't regret it if Robert is scum. It's a better play. It doesn't even necessitate believing in him. I really don't appreciate the cute talk mocking. If Robert is scum, the plan generates a full guilty on him and costs us nothing, why would I be apologizing? He would be guiltied or forced to use his scum's nightkill to kill a PoE player -- and then have to pretend like the real scum got roleblocked or some shit.

And if scum nightkills whoever we tell him to vig and frames him, it still cancels out because that's a PoE player down and we still gain an extra elim effectively.

Basically it's a win almost no matter what. If we kill the scummiest player today and have Robert shoot the second scummiest, that's an extra elim with a conf town. I get that you think Robert is automatically scum but if enough people agree with me that he isn't, then the reward outweighs the risk (There only risk is if something bad happens to town if Robert survives an extra day).

And for the record, if something monstrously bad happens because specifically Robert survived one extra day, then I would regret it yes. I find it very likely that Robert would have done that monstrously bad thing on N1 rather than N2, though. And if it has to be N2+ for some reason, that is oddly specific but technically possible.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:04 pm

Post by Tanner »

just a heads up, i'm probably gonna be around less than usual today, really not having a good mental health day. i'll still try to check in here and there to see if i'm needed. now, onto what i slightly skimmed and i'm sure is going to be a great read.

am i really needed to say that that 1-shot vig claim is bullshit? like, someone who softs like this one day one:
In post 738, Robert M Hunter wrote:I'm actually more suspicious of the players defending me, because it's blatantly obvious that I won't survive into the night to use my power, and it's very safe for them to say I'm town when they know I'm town.
is obviously saying that they are planning on using their power as soon as they can. so the "my reads weren't solid enough" excuse is utter bullshit.
In post 2257, Robert M Hunter wrote:My reads weren't solid enough. I didn't see what the rest of you saw with Infinity.
the problem with this is:

robert entered the thread on day two calling me confirmed scum and voting for me (and based on something he shouldn't be using to call me confirmed scum, since yesterday he wasn't listening to yin, which of course he hasn't explained why he's had the change of heart, but okay). this makes no sense.
you're telling me a town 1-shot vigilante, who literally has the power to prove themself town by shooting someone, DOESN'T shoot the person that they then call confirmed scum at the start of day 2?

(also side note, the rest of this post - and some of his other ones - is not only useless appeal-to-emotion, it's also genuinely disgusting. i'm not going to be shamed for trying to play the damn game and kill people i think are scum.)
In post 2265, Ydrasse wrote:my god i'm half-convinced that the wincon of some faction this game is to flip tanner
imagine rolling scum with someone, and you read "you win when you misyeet tanner". lmfao poor scum.
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:27 pm

Post by Tanner »

In post 2282, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 2279, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i think he probly does believe he is a terrible player
and i don't think that he is but it's like... weaponizing that back as something i would Use against someone in any game ever as "hehe i secretly DO think you're terrible" is like, :/
yeah, that. like i'm not even talking in alignment-indicative terms right now, that is a genuinely shitty thing to do.

i think i know what pooky is getting at with "we shouldn't be giving intent". coincidentally, i also wouldn't mind if someone quickhammered robert. funny how that works out.

if ydrasse is scum, i will shed a single tear post-game for misreading her this bad. ok let's carry on.

*opens the link that ydra posted*
*sees these posts a bit lower*:
In post 907, Datisi wrote:
In post 759, RCEnigma wrote:Not gonna lie it's rough forcing myself to put out content if I'm the defacto elim and the reads won't be heard much next day phase anyway.
open question to the table: does a PR, specifically a n1 vig, ever say this line?
In post 908, Datisi wrote:(i think it just might be a "no".)
man, some things never change.
your eyes on the city.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:36 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2373, Morning Tweet wrote:Killing Robert is bad if he's town, whereas leashing and reevaluating tomorrow is unbeatable for scum!him, and if he's town we get an extra elimination + a confirmed townie. I'm extremely confused how you find that stupid of me to suggest.
Ok Tweet.

Let's look at Robert.

And Let's think about the likelihood we can leash him.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:39 pm

Post by Tanner »

okay, after reading all of that, my thoughts on this game are largely similar to what they were in , when people were *this* close to killing ircher, while there was scum right in front of them. "has hectic drugged my coffee, and because of that i'm reading the game differently than everyone else, because how do you get to where you are now?"

i can understand tweetie's conviction to do the mechanically OpTiMaL thing. once upon a time, i tried to do a similar thing in a micro blitz, then luca yelled at me and we yeeted scum. but my issue is that... tweetie is posting so much about giving robert another night, but she's doing effectively nothing to say who she *does* want to see die today and who she wants robert leashed on tonight. which kind of makes it seem... performative i guess? and knowing that i've read that tweetie's scumplay is often making those fancy wallposts and not really rocking the boat, i am kinda *hmm* about her now.

okay, i agree we should wait to see nakata's return to the thread, because if he genuinely lurks out, i reckon that's +++scum for him.

pedit: man, i do not have the energy right now to yell again at how robert is clearly scum. try not to misyeet anyone in the meantime, i'll get it back soon i hope.
your eyes on the city.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:06 am

Post by Ydrasse »

@mt sorry, i was very cranky and frustrated when i replied that post as i woke up in the middle of the night, the cute talking thing wasn’t like, mocking you specifically/how you type. it really does feel like though that despite everyone else being okay with robert dying... after the claim no one really is? it’s really just... frustrating. that’s the best word i have to describe it, but i’m genuinely not upset with you or anyone on a personal level, just a game one. i’m sorry again. <3
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:06 am

Post by Ydrasse »

@tanner if you are scum i will piledrive you through the floor postgame
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:11 am

Post by Ydrasse »

re setup: there’s nothing to say a silent star game cant have a pr but looking at the last two, it feels unlikely this one does as well. the games are based around mechanical things going on and not the individual’s role (i think the first one having roles made sense with the setup/conceit of the game). so far, we have yin and yang and a bomb. we already have killing power added into the game beyond a nightkill and i don’t think a random vig is thrown in there to... what, keep us off evens when if we get on evens in the first place it’s from the results of our day play?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:18 am

Post by Chara »

i wasn't sure if he was an alt or a new player, but after reading this i'm leaning towards the latter. not saying i'm just going to throw my hands up because Robert claimed vig but i would like to look at the possibility he's town who misplayed this.

i'm not going to bother trying to figure out if this game could have a vig because i think it's really hard to say without seeing more of the setup, but i do agree there seems like already a lot of killing power.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:21 am

Post by Chara »

also Nakata hasn't posted for five days, that was overnight so i assume that's why the prod timer hasn't hit yet? but i don't want to elim until he's returned/been replaced.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:35 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2169, Morning Tweet wrote:i think my read on you is gonna take some extra effort to go and review, one moment

What i meant by pushes i suppose was how you stuck to Nakata for the majority of the day, i dont think you ever joined ircher, and im not sure if your thoughts on infy came very early in her wagon. Which would make sense for scum that wants ircher to go thru, have tons of targets on the next day and not come under fire. assuming nakatas town, which with Infy's afk push on them seems a tad more likely
did you end up going to review it?

the latter part doesn't seem to be the read as much as talking about why i could be scum with Infinity based on pushes. which i did ask about.

i don't understand the part about not voting Ircher, if i wanted him to go through instead of my partner Infinity, might it have been a good idea to try and help that go through? iirc i was pushing Nakata (who is still scummy, i don't think Infinity's push on him is clearing in the least) and then moved to Infinity when votes stalled out at the end. it seems like the least optimal way to go about the day.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:35 am

Post by Chara »

mafiascum is taking 18 years to let me post.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:50 am

Post by Chara »

Ydrasse: what do you think of Tweetie's specifically? i keep reading it my first thought was i feel like Tweetie is being really charitable to Robert's play and reading into it in a way that feels informed. one thing i'm fairly sure of is it's not a hypothetical scum Tweetie defending her scum partner, but i wouldn't rule out anything else just based on that.

i am kind of with Robert that i find some aspects of Tweetie's play lacking from her towngame, there's a certain emotional honesty that i associate with Tweetie and this post is pretty much what i was looking for in terms of "this is how town Tweetie digs into her townreads". i don't know if scum Tweet can do this too and this is partially why i'd really like to see her talk about her read on me more in depth.

but basically i've definitely felt this way before, recently in fact, with the really scummy player who you can still kind of see the logic of so you go all in trying to figure it out and come out with a townread.

actually anyone can weigh in i'm curious about thoughts on this in general, this ended up being more about Tweet than about Robert.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:52 am

Post by Chara »

also i disagree that focusing on reads on oneself is a bad strategy, i'd say the problem is if it's ones
only
method of hunting. you know your own alignment, so that does give an edge to any analysis.
though i can recognize that the emotional aspect of being pushed can introduce biases.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:07 am

Post by Chara »

@
Yin
: is Tanner your or Yang's target?

@
Yang
: what do you think of Ircher?

@
Hectic
: what are criminals?
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:38 am

Post by Yang »

In post 2248, Ircher wrote:
@Yang
: When will your usefulness expire this game?
I am here to be useful indefinitely.
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:39 am

Post by Yang »

In post 2256, Ircher wrote:
@Yang:
Do you approve of us sentencing Robert?
Robert is a cat, and I think Tanner would enjoy having a pet cat, so I'll go with no.
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Yang »

In post 2342, Ircher wrote:
@Yang
: WWYD? As in, what would Yang do in this situation? Let Robert live or kill him with fire?
Inferno Halo is a level 8 spell. To cast it, Yang must draw all the Tanner Hatred from the Tanner Hatred Pool. The spell may not be cast unless the Tanner Hatred Pool is full, and Yang is not silenced, disabled, petrified, or asleep.

Inferno Halo must target a cat, dog, goat, or porcupine. Robert M Hunter must be selected when casting the spell. A d1.4 is thrown for an accuracy check. If the accuracy check is greater than 0, the spell strikes it's target. Then a coin is flipped. If the coin flips tails, the Halo expands outwards, causing no harm to the cat. If the coin flips heads, the halo tightens into a furious ball of fire, shimmering and blazing with incinerating intensity and annihilating Robert.

Yang only owns double headed coins. When she purchases goods at the market with paper money she refuses all change.
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Yang »

Spoiler:
In post 2355, Yin wrote:
"Have you ever been to Paris? There's something about the place... not the location, but the dreams the people bring there."

The man's silk hat is back on his head. The moon is not visible tonight, but the sky glitters with stars.

"Its silly. It's a city like any other. But at night... the lights..." He exhales with a dreamy sigh.
"Pity what's going to happen. Wish I was as oblivious as the rest."

In post 2165, Robert M Hunter wrote:
@Yin

Is there a criminal within Flea/Nakata/Pooky?
Yes there is.
In post 2166, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
@Yin

Is there an odd number of criminals inside of Morning/clidd/Pooky?
Theres an even number.
In post 2171, Flea The Magician wrote:
@YinHow many scum were voting Infinity in the last vote count of D1?
No one can speak to the dead!
In post 2224, Amy Dunne wrote:
Yin
, have I voted a criminal who is still alive in the game?
Yes you have.
In post 2310, Morning Tweet wrote:
Yin
, is there at least one criminal inside of Amy/Ircher/Morning/clidd?
Birds are really fish in diguise.
In post 2236, Yang wrote:I bid you all adieu, until Yin shows up again probably because his avatar is cute.
Captured in her eyes.

-swoon-
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:59 am

Post by Yang »

Ircher is probably left-handed
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Yang »

I decided I don't care about Tanner anymore. Everything is about Flea the Magician now.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Chara »

@Yang
: what do you think about sentencing me? :>

also: wanting to sentence Flea or wanting to... whatever you had with Tanner?
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:08 am

Post by Yang »

In post 247, Ircher wrote:
In post 242, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 213, Ircher wrote:Flea is Flea. Fae are town.
I do not like this o.o
:(
This is townie of Ircher because someone disliking you townreading them puts you over a barrel if the townread isn't 100% confident. Sharing an emotional reaction rather than delving into the words to describe the layers of WIFOM of scum!Flea responding this way versus town!Flea disappointing him this way comes from a townish perspective.
In post 495, Ircher wrote:Just remember: scum aren't perfect. They try, but they fail as well.
In post 700, Ircher wrote:
In post 672, clidd wrote:Ircher, do you have any takes on the players so far?

I don't remember you expressing your impressions yet.
Not really. I'm trying something a bit different this game; a bit more of an advisory role so to speak.
There is a pattern I've noticed where players talk about some weakness they have or something, then later shift away from it, but it's in a way you can tell isn't deliberate. This looks like town because Ircher later had more and more impressions to share, but they were just because he happened to have more thoughts. There's a lack of awareness of Ircher's overall presentation.
In post 732, Ircher wrote:@Robert: You spent a lot of posts catching up to say very little of substance. Who of the people pushing you do you think is scum?
This is a very towny thing to ask, it genuinely can produce material that could go different ways. Ircher is pretty clearly unaware of Robert's alignment, which would indicate Ircher is town.
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Yang »

In post 2397, Chara wrote:
@Yang
: what do you think about sentencing me? :>

also: wanting to sentence Flea or wanting to... whatever you had with Tanner?
I sentence you to 3 days at disneyworld

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”