Mini 660 - Star Trek: DS9 Mafia (Ruined = Over)

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Timeater »

Sisco, sisko, same diff :P

Before we all wagon Light-Kun into oblivion, I think it might be a good idea to talk things over and make sure what we're doing is absolutely correct. I found it odd that I got no result from td when I invited him to talk with me (thats what my role pm says, each night I can talk to someone to help them carry out their duty) My guess is because of the relationship between Dukat and Light-Kun, I think he would be so bold as to talk to Sisko directly. Its odd because Delibird makes my role out to be a motivator but my actions so far have indicated to me that I'm something of a cop.

I really want to milk this for all its worth - so if there is a townie NK out there or Odo, or some other night action that would benefit greatly from a motivation ( motivators basically redirect cops into guilty targets, etc) now is the time to speak up. Because I probably will be either dayvigged today or killed tonight.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Timeater »

edwop: Dukat and Sisco*
watch for the eggshells
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Yes, how about we milk this for all this is worth.

*Sigh* Unfortunately, I cannot deny the fact that I am Dukat, the cult. However, I also must admit that I haven't been able to "save" anyone yet. Farside was my first failed attempt, and timeater was my second. Both failed miserably. Farside just failed, but Tim is proved by the fact that he is attacking me. Since my followers would know the same night that they were saved (according to my flavor) it would be moronic of him to attack me when he is on my side.

So, what can be milked? Well, before Sisco found me, I *was* a part of the dominion. Oh yes, I am a cult with a mafia cover story. The mod really deserves a pat on the back. In short, my flavor indicates that I must win as cult while working with scum. I would have never foreseen running into Sisco here, but it happened...

Also, until tim dies (and that wouldn't be at least until day break tomorrow, I cannot recruit anymore. The flavor indicates that I must *kill* everyone in the "room" (meaning sisco) to insure my secret wouldn't get out... which made no sense... I mean, seriously, how the hell is that going to be useful when the secret is already out...?

So, let's think this out:

If you kill me today, I have to admit, scum will win this game. There is almost no doubt in my mind of this.

If we kill the scum I reveal to you, then even if I kill someone tonight, then the scum can't win. I can't win. Town victory is pretty much assured.

And if we kill a Tim... then... both scum and mafia win I think.... If that is possible, I dunno. But, scum, town, and cult would be tied.... Unless scum decided to kill me... yeah, if we killed Tim, and since I am the only cult, then the scum would win.

If we kill any townie, then scum wins. Hmm..

I dunno townies, seems like working with me is your best chance to victory. Especially since I know more about this game than any other single player. (Is it just me, or does information=death in this game?)

So, I suggest we unvote, and everyone talks this out a bit, and see what other opinions I can get.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by frelaras »

Light-kun wrote: If we kill the scum I reveal to you, then even if I kill someone tonight, then the scum can't win. I can't win. Town victory is pretty much assured.

And if we kill a Tim... then... both scum and mafia win I think.... If that is possible, I dunno. But, scum, town, and cult would be tied.... Unless scum decided to kill me... yeah, if we killed Tim, and since I am the only cult, then the scum would win.

If we kill any townie, then scum wins. Hmm..
Wow. I missed a lot while I was gone. Anyways... this seems ridiculous. So you're claiming you're willing to follow a path of action that leads to town victory and makes you lose the game. Why? What's the point? That seems so irrational, you must have another agenda.

Obviously, you're going to name some names and try get people lynched. Why should we believe you more than anyone else? Anyone can claim to know anything, you know?

Listening to you (who has already been caught in one lie already) seems like the worst plan ever. At this point you'd say anything to try live another night and claim another member.

vote: Light-kun
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by Timeater »

a mass claim at this point would actually help alot imho.
watch for the eggshells
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:41 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Light-kun wrote:Unfortunately, I cannot deny the fact that I am Dukat, the cult.
vote: Light-kun

No. Just no.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:06 pm

Post by Timeater »

Are you guys not getting what im saying?

Please dont lynch him so quickly without discussing all our possible actions. I dont want to die tonight, and if I am to die, we might as well milk the potential of my role to the max!!
watch for the eggshells
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:42 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Consider my vote on Light for all intents and purposes but Tim is right. We need some discussion before his lynch.
Light-kun wrote:So, let's think this out:

If you kill me today, I have to admit, scum will win this game. There is almost no doubt in my mind of this.

If we kill the scum I reveal to you, then even if I kill someone tonight, then the scum can't win. I can't win. Town victory is pretty much assured.
If you have scum to reveal to us then reveal already. This just strikes me as a mild threat to the town (saying that you are sure the scum will win.) while trying to stall your lynch. I have no idea why the cult would know of the mafia and if anything this will probably turn into a desperate ploy on your part. Still I am interested to see how and who you will reveal.

I think he has lied about his recruits. For one I noticed a connection between Light and Fre on my read though. He constantly referred to him as “strange not scummy” I will look back though the thread for these posts.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:44 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Forget all that, I think he is actually lynched already...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Timeater wrote:Are you guys not getting what im saying?

Please dont lynch him so quickly without discussing all our possible actions. I dont want to die tonight, and if I am to die, we might as well milk the potential of my role to the max!!
I think a discussion is wise. I was against Light for a bit. Was that a lynch. If so or not till the mod says something doesn't mean we should stop talking.
Also cults in mini games are rare to non exsistant.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Light-kun »

Ah... too bad I made it to the computer first Liam... Trying to save your scum buddy and yourself and all that.

The two remainig scum are Liam and farside. And if you had any ability to reason, you would have realized that *I* lose no matter what. *Sighs* So long Liam, this is what you get for crossing me, town wins, and I lose either way. *Shrugs*
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Light-kun »

Sotty7 wrote: Consider my vote on Light for all intents and purposes but Tim is right. We need some discussion before his lynch.

Light-kun wrote:

If you have scum to reveal to us then reveal already. This just strikes me as a mild threat to the town (saying that you are sure the scum will win.) while trying to stall your lynch. I have no idea why the cult would know of the mafia and if anything this will probably turn into a desperate ploy on your part. Still I am interested to see how and who you will reveal.

I think he has lied about his recruits. For one I noticed a connection between Light and Fre on my read though. He constantly referred to him as “strange not scummy” I will look back though the thread for these posts.
Actually, you are partially correct. I *did* lie about my recruitments. Farside was never my target, it was you, Sotty7, who I converted last night. My plan was to have the town kill Liam when I revealed him. Then, I would tell farside (fabricating the other mafia member) to shoot tim and I would no kill. As a result, town would hold a majority of 2 to 2 to 1 (My Role Pm says I must OUTNUMBER all other factions, and with the above ratio, I would tie, not outnumber). Then, I would have farside, Sotty and myself vote no lynch, have farside no kill, and then I would win with farside and Sotty, unfortunately, I am lynched, so thanks to Liam (who I would probably have chosen to kill anyway), this plan went straight to hell.

And sense I think I cross posted: *Applause*! Farside, way to look town. Must be so convenient for three people to vote me, and now you didn't even have to hammer.

4/7

TD, Tim, Frelaras, and Liam... *sighs* I am dead. So, here was my plan, now it is hell shot. *Shrugs* I tried. Oh, as for Sotty, he is no danger. He will not die with me, but my PM tells me that he will just be an anti town group, irrelevant of the game otherwise.

Well, this was fun. Hope to play a game like this again.

MOD: Seriously, my role was AWESOME. Major kudos for the idea!
Show
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Light-kun wrote:
Sotty7 wrote: Consider my vote on Light for all intents and purposes but Tim is right. We need some discussion before his lynch.

Light-kun wrote:

Actually, you are partially correct. I *did* lie about my recruitments. Farside was never my target, it was you, Sotty7, who I converted last night. My plan was to have the town kill Liam when I revealed him. Then, I would tell farside (fabricating the other mafia member) to shoot tim and I would no kill. As a result, town would hold a majority of 2 to 2 to 1 (My Role Pm says I must OUTNUMBER all other factions, and with the above ratio, I would tie, not outnumber). Then, I would have farside, Sotty and myself vote no lynch, have farside no kill, and then I would win with farside and Sotty, unfortunately, I am lynched, so thanks to Liam (who I would probably have chosen to kill anyway), this plan went straight to hell.

And sense I think I cross posted: *Applause*! Farside, way to look town. Must be so convenient for three people to vote me, and now you didn't even have to hammer.

4/7

TD, Tim, Frelaras, and Liam... *sighs* I am dead. So, here was my plan, now it is hell shot. *Shrugs* I tried. Oh, as for Sotty, he is no danger. He will not die with me, but my PM tells me that he will just be an anti town group, irrelevant of the game otherwise.

Well, this was fun. Hope to play a game like this again.

MOD: Seriously, my role was AWESOME. Major kudos for the idea!
Why would you lie about who you converted. Oh that's right because I'm online and tell without hesitation that there is no reason at all that if you tried to recruit me that it would not fail.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Sotty7 »

:roll: I wish I hadn't asked now.

Since when do Cults kill?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:43 am

Post by farside22 »

Sotty7 wrote::roll: I wish I hadn't asked now.

Since when do Cults kill?
I was in a cult game. (Get link later) where the cult had a choice to recruit or kill.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:37 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Sorry for the delay, I oopsed and thought it was 5 to lynch.

Covenant

Light-kun (4): Timeater, td, frelaras, CallMeLiam

Not voting (3): Light-kun, Sotty7, farside22

The most eventful day on the station so far begins with a bang as Timeater accuses Light-kun of being Dukat, the former head of the Occupation of Bajor and the least popular person in the sector. Light-kun's face is that of an innocent Bajoran, and he starts to protest. "You're clearly mistaken," he drawls, "My name is Anjohl Tennan, I am but a simple farmer from Relliketh!"

However, as more turn on him, clearly not buying his story, he drops the charade, and surpisingly considering his dire situation, a sneer breaks out across his face. "All right then, so it is me! But it doesn't matter what you think you can do to me, for I am a changed man. I walk with the love of the Pah-Wraiths by my shoulder. I have power you cannot possibly comprehend!"

Quickly, the rest of the crew pin him and set up the noose. Light-kun is laughing, but an instant later he is roaring, his Bajoran appearance not covering up his Cardassian rage. "Pah-Wraiths! Why do you not aid me? You are the true gods of Bajor, now I command you to
SAVE YOUR EMISSARY!
"

The rope is tied around his neck.

"GAAAAAARRRRRRRRGHH! ACCURSED BAJORANS! I SHOULD HAVE KILLED THEM! I SHOULD HAVE TURNED THEIR PLANET INTO A GRAVEYARD LIKE THE GALAXY HAS NEVER SEEN! I SHOULD HAVE KILLED THEM ALL..."

And he swings.

Light-kun,
Dukat, Emissary of the Pah-Wraiths
, lynched Day 3.

It is now
Night 3.
Deadline for choices is
1200 GMT Saturday 4th October.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

The Reckoning

Timeater sits at his desk, tossing his baseball up and down in his hand absent-mindedly. He is exhausted - he hasn't slept for days, not even after the threat of Dukat was finally removed. While his crew remains in trouble, Benjamin Sisko cannot rest easily.

He gets up and starts pacing his office, trying to determine a plan of action for the coming day. However his thoughts are interrupted when he hears his door open with a hiss. Timeater spins around, instantly understanding what is about to happen.

"How did you get in here?" he demands in his booming voice. His visitor doesn't bother replying.

Timeater,
Benjamin Sisko, Emissary of the Prophets
, has been killed Night 3.

It is now
Day 4
. With 5 alive it will take 3 votes to lynch.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:17 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

No-one vote, it might be time for a mass-claim. Thoughts?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I wouldn't be against a mass claim. Although I think the scum may have been given safe claims after M4yhem's claim of Jake.

We really wasted a day yesterday quick lynching Light. He was the obvious choice but we could have had a lot more discussion. Now I can't help but feel like we are in a lynch or lose. We need to be really careful.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:02 am

Post by farside22 »

Sotty7 wrote:I wouldn't be against a mass claim. Although I think the scum may have been given safe claims after M4yhem's claim of Jake.

We really wasted a day yesterday quick lynching Light. He was the obvious choice but we could have had a lot more discussion. Now I can't help but feel like we are in a lynch or lose. We need to be really careful.
FOS: Scot

This is lynch or lose I agree on a mass claim.
td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:01 am

Post by td »

I'm not exactly a fan of mass-claiming, but it does seem apropriate here.

Whether we actually are in lynch-or-lose depends on how many scum are left. There has to be at least one scum alive (because the game is still runnig) and there are likely no more than two scum alive (if there were, there had to be a bulletproof unlynchable townie (or something similar) to prevent a scum win and force a tie; there is simply no sensible way in which town could still win this scenario, so I'm deeming it unlikely).

Hence, there is (most likely) either one or two scum left. If there's exactly one scum left, we have 4:1 town:scum, which would go on to a three-player endgame in case of a mislynch.

If there's exactly two scum left, we are indeed in lynch-or-lose now. Since there's already two scum down, that means we started with a 8:4 town:scum ratio. Thus, day two dawned with 5:4 town:scum alive, which is also lynch-or-lose.

So, either we are not yet in lynch-or-lose or we have been in lynch-or-lose since day two.
However, without knowing how many scum remain, there is no way to tell which scenario we're in.

farside22 being so sure about us actually being in lynch-or-lose looks like she knows something we don't know.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:30 am

Post by farside22 »

td wrote:I'm not exactly a fan of mass-claiming, but it does seem apropriate here.

Whether we actually are in lynch-or-lose depends on how many scum are left. There has to be at least one scum alive (because the game is still runnig) and there are likely no more than two scum alive (if there were, there had to be a bulletproof unlynchable townie (or something similar) to prevent a scum win and force a tie; there is simply no sensible way in which town could still win this scenario, so I'm deeming it unlikely).

Hence, there is (most likely) either one or two scum left. If there's exactly one scum left, we have 4:1 town:scum, which would go on to a three-player endgame in case of a mislynch.

If there's exactly two scum left, we are indeed in lynch-or-lose now. Since there's already two scum down, that means we started with a 8:4 town:scum ratio. Thus, day two dawned with 5:4 town:scum alive, which is also lynch-or-lose.

So, either we are not yet in lynch-or-lose or we have been in lynch-or-lose since day two.
However, without knowing how many scum remain, there is no way to tell which scenario we're in.

farside22 being so sure about us actually being in lynch-or-lose looks like she knows something we don't know.
If you look at all 12 player games there is almost always 3 scums. Even with one cult person I still don't doubt this as plausible.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:04 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Since we have no way of knowing if Kun recruited or not and what happened to the recruit after his death then it's best if we assume it's LYLO and play appropriately. I'm not too concerned about farside's comment as I assumed LYLO too.

Since we're all pro-claim I suggest character and role in full and since I brought it up I'm happy to go first.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:38 am

Post by farside22 »

CallMeLiam wrote:Since we have no way of knowing if Kun recruited or not and what happened to the recruit after his death then it's best if we assume it's LYLO and play appropriately. I'm not too concerned about farside's comment as I assumed LYLO too.

Since we're all pro-claim I suggest character and role in full and since I brought it up I'm happy to go first.
I think scot or TD who seem against it should be one of the first to claim. Then I suggest which ever the two that goes first it we choose popcorn style.
Popcorn for those who don't know are as such. Who ever claims will choose the person to claim next and then that person claim and chooses who claims next.
Any question?
td
td
Goon
td
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:53 am

Post by td »

Fair enough, recruiting is indeed a point I missed.

Other than that, I think we should wait for frelaras to post before starting claiming.

Also, farside22, where exactly did you get the impression that I “seem against” massclaiming
in this specific situation?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”