Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

START CATCH UP (INCL. REREAD)

In post 4, T3 wrote:First.
In post 7, Elsa Jay wrote:Each scum team has 1920 players? Holy crap that's alot.

Good to see everyone here today by the way.
In post 9, NDMath wrote:T3, I think you typod again lol.

People familiar with me can expect more activity from me this game than my usual.

VOTE: Almost50
Consider this a greeting since I know you like being greeted to the thread.
First three posters. -ve point each (my own special rule of "On
average
there's
exactly
one Scum in the first 3 posters of any given game". (I did the research on my finished games of 2021 and on 7/13 it applied, 3/13 had none, and 3/13 had two, hence the "average" and "exactly" in case anyone was confused by the pharasing)
In post 12, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Almost50
Prepare to get greatest plan’ed

Also, my favorite Pokémon Rangers game is Guardian Signs jsyk
I don't even know what this means exactly, but I wanted to include it in the catch up in case it did make sense later on.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 18, Titus wrote:Good. Let's avoid Yggdrasil again.
Still don't get it (unless you did answer in the patges I hadn't read yet)
In post 47, ActionDan wrote:Friend do you really think 3/3 is possible here? I mean truly
Like, this one was "NAI" in my first read, but it earns Dan a town point upon reread, because the mod now confirmed it was indeed 2 parties as in 2 groups. I do remember he will theorize a 2/2 still though, so just the one point.
In post 48, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’d guess 3 mafia per as well, but wouldn’t be surprised by two
This is currently NAI, but may become AI towards endgame
In post 52, Elsa Jay wrote:I mean why not? A normal 13p game has 3 scum and 10 town. This time an extra set of evildoers showed up with either a random extra townie or a Serial Killer.
My -totally false now- assumption was 13/3/1 because a 17-palyers Normal setup would include 4 scums most of the time (I'm speaking of the "T = 3S + 1" rule; so 7/2. 10/3, 13/4, 21/5.. etc)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 63, KittyTacky wrote:3/1 isn't multiball tho. Multiball needs multiple scumteams. Not a SK.
And this poat earned Kitty a townpoint initially, but it now is NAI (how do you like my linguistic skills? “it now is NAI” vs “it is NAI now” sounds kinda cool, does it not?) :P
In post 64, KittyTacky wrote:Because it's a rapidly-growing RVS wagon and I don't want this to become a lolhammer. HEM cast the third vote which is what "made" the wagon.
Do you still feel the same after realizing HEM's was the 2nd vote not the 3rd?
In post 90, Elsa Jay wrote:I think he's just an awkward but nice guy who sheep's people while trying to give town ideas.
This is not how it happened though. Kitty did not exactly sheep anyone here. He started his own wagon on HEM. Care to explain??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 92, Elsa Jay wrote:Beginning the day defending someone rather then attacking seems about right for him
Ah!! Would you care to define “sheeping” for me, please. Cuz I seem to have been under a BIG illusion.
In post 96, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Well, I guess Elsa can't be TMI about KittyTacky's town alignment because there are two scum teams in this game. So maybe if KittyTacky flips town, Elsa's town as well.
This is so surface level (Hello, FL. Are you watching??)

Let's play a little game: You are Scum in a MULTIBALL game. You see "someone" (who has last seen you as SCUM) being FoS'd. Do you:

1- Hop on their wagon?
2- Pretend you didn't see it?
3- Try to get on their good side?

And let me simplify it for you: Let's say you actually do SR that person (reminder you are Scum yourself, only on the other team). Now do you want to put yourself in the spotlight and risk being shot by their team, or do you want to appear "supportive" to them and probably just shoot them at night?
In post 109, humaneatingmonkey wrote:What value would it have to whiteknight anyone who you think could flip scum? What value would it have to pocket anyone who you think could be potential rival scum?
What I'm going to say is a
personal opinion
. It also is not meant to direct shade at anyone in this game. It's a general concept.

That said: When I played as SK (once I think, and I won) I used a strategy of mislimming Town by day and hunting for Scum at night. This way the Scum team did not put me up as a priority NK. I guess it's the same thing in MB. Scum want to avoid intimidating the other Scum party so as not to put a big X on their own backs.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 111, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Admittedly, this is my first large normal and this is my first multiball. I don't know jackshit about multi-ball scum strategy.
I'd keep an eye open for when the Corleone family's recruiting if I was you.
In post 117, ActionDan wrote:I think we are likely in 2/2/1 or else 3/3 where there's a restriction on factional killing power (like one team is odd night kills, other team is even etc.)
I don't think 3 kills a night makes much sense. 17 >> 13 >> 9 >> 5 = theoretically Town could be annihilated completely by D4. I mean, it's possible but not very probable IMHO
In post 120, Elsa Jay wrote:This way every one wins.
A-ha! I've been watching you closely to see when you slip. This here is a SK crumb. You said every “one” wins. Now which faction is composed of only ONE player??

VOTE: Elsa Jay

@Everyone else: Stay out of this. I know what I'm doing. American court laws do not apply here. Elsa is guilty until.. WAIT. Elsa is guilty no matter what.
In post 137, Titus wrote:I feel both Dan and Cyrus are town. Dan's townie for calling out Cyrus's vote as not RVS. Cyrus is town for sticking his neck out early in a way that could get him heat.

I don't like meta reads generally but I feel good intent from Cyrus.
Titus making sense! Hmmm.. :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 143, humaneatingmonkey wrote:This is my take as well
I don't like
people
apes who take without giving
In post 147, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Hello my name is Elsa Jay and I will be doing what we call a "pressure vote".
That doesn't give the same effect without a photo

In post 148, Gamma Emerald wrote:this is useless busywork
You know what's truly useless? Your posts so far. This is your 8th and you haven't said anything AI or even game-related so far.

FOS Gamma

In post 150, Elsa Jay wrote:Well it only works if there's actually a bunch of people to help me out. I'm going to cry in a corner now.
Would that be the same corner HEM was sent to earlier?? Should be interesting to watch which one of you proves to be the other's daddy. :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 151, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I think there's a legit possibility that Elsa Jay and Kitty are partners
I think there's a legit possibility Elsa is Scum with just about anyone.. or even without anyone.
In post 154, Gamma Emerald wrote:
FoS: HEM

I'm not gonna place a vote without reading more but I feel like his scumhunting process isn't natural currently
FINALLY! A stance. An opinion. Keep on..
In post 159, Elsa Jay wrote:Numbers are evil. Only scum use numbers.
You mean tp tell me these are all Scum??

Spoiler:

Page 7

*Curses* I can't read gamma based on these 13 posts of his even if I tried to use [redacted]

IMPORTANT: [redacted] does not refer to any ongoing games. In fact it refers to an old tell of his that he himself had informed me of a long time ago. I just can't decide if that's how it looks like anymore. *Sigh*

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 191, cyrus62 wrote:ive seen his town play and scum play recently this isn't there town play.
Does it look more like his scum play or is it something else?
In post 192, cyrus62 wrote:Pretty sure gamma is town here they are more laid back as scum till end game.
When was the last time you saw Scum!Gamma make it to end game?? (In my experience, Scum Gamma gets eliminated on D1) :lol:
In post 201, NDMath wrote:Pocketing other scum means they're less likely to shoot you.
Dafuq?? I spent like half an hour finding words to say this and you just put it out in one simple line!!
In post 203, NDMath wrote:and cabd in yggdrasil felt like two very different people.
So, it's game tile. THANK YOU

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 213, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 200, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 198, cyrus62 wrote:Nero is normally more active as town.
I like how you are preemptively getting this in after I just said that I'm having internet issues and it's hard AF (at least for me) to type on my phone and it's only page 8, it would be wildly different if this were page 60 or something. And while I can't prove it I am writing things down to add to my catch-up post
this was mostly a joke but i love the reaction from titus . shakes head relax we just started.
It didn't look like a joke when you doubled down on it, mate. :eek:
In post 260, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 259, Dunnstral wrote:Why is elsa in your lim pool?
That's easy he's looking for easy elemations .
Elsa is an easy lim??? Yeah, right! :facepalm:

Page 11

cyrus & Nero having 3 suspects is soooo sus IMHO...

Now my 3 suspects are... :P

End of catch up

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Now excuse me while I go try to do something elsewhere while the internet is semi-stable. I'll be back here if I can

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 267, cyrus62 wrote:Btw if you guys really tried reading me you would notist this play is me messing around. I started by replacing in as towny then becoming scum then pr twice then town. And again town funny you said no scum games I been scum 5 times since I started and to date. So why can't you find no scum games.
Recent scumgames. Anyways, once [redacted].
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by T3 »

Gamma made it to endgame as mafia in Townstumps.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

But Cyrus has 4 scum reads not 3.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 192, cyrus62 wrote:Pretty sure gamma is town here they are more laid back as scum till end game.
Idk how my play in that game was “laid back” early but w/e
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

A50 is such a liar :P
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 203, NDMath wrote:
In post 173, Gamma Emerald wrote:like not only is he a decent oldtimer but upon his return in like summer of last year he has been on a TEAR
My first game with cabd was the one kitty's referring to, and cabd there and cabd in yggdrasil felt like two very different people.

I have townleans on Titus and Gamma.
Specifically liked Titus's posts on Kitty.
For gamma, their hem scumread feels real and with good reasoning.

Am guttown on Cyrus as well, but that might just be his simplistic/straightforward posting style.
I might have to read that, it sounds surreal
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 211, Almost50 wrote:
In post 105, Sirius9121 wrote:Question 1: It is a possibility. Scum 'parties' indicate a multi-player party. You can't just go party with yourself, right?
Oh, shit! And there was I telling myself that 3rd "party" could/would account for one of them "parties", and taking it further to assign town/scum points to players based on how they perceived it and discussed it. :facepalm:

OK, I guess I'll have to reread and reassign points based on the newly revealed facts. *Sigh*
Have you always done this points system? I don’t recall it
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 234, Titus wrote:
In post 233, Nero Cain wrote:Titus math stuff is funky. Like if she thinks math is wildly inaccurate I'm not sure why she is worried that he'll be more active and possibly have a bigger impact as opposed to thinking he's going to try harder to be town read this game
Huh? MathBlade is not in this game?
NDMath?????
Maybe try remembering the actual player list in the game you’re playing?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 242, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 163, cyrus62 wrote:pretty sure nom and hem are scum on diffent teams
Push buddy vote town?
Game’s multiball so “town” can still be scum
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

It would be the other team so it's town as far as nom is concerned

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 250, T3 wrote:I'm going to metadive cyrus. I had him pegged correctly as locklocklocktown early day 1 and I'm not getting that same feeling.
In post 251, T3 wrote:
In post 250, T3 wrote:I'm going to metadive cyrus. I had him pegged correctly as locklocklocktown early day 1 in Townstumps and I'm not getting that same feeling.
EBWOP
Well what seems different?
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Or Cyrus or whomever the fuck

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 254, T3 wrote:Shoot cyrus doesn't have any scumgames I can compare to.
He does it was just a cancelled game
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

lol Nero is probably town
<Embrace The Void>

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by ActionDan »

This page didn't do much for me but I dunno if that FOS on GE aka Gamma Emerald aka Greatest Eboi from Almost was a joke or not

But GE is town.

Also I'm sorry.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”