Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 144, Taco Hemingway wrote:
In post 139, Seanzie wrote:
In post 133, Taco Hemingway wrote:
Seanzie: I don't know how to expect a townie to react here

Also seanzie: i am so sure that taco is reacting like scum here
Nope, that isn't what I said at all. Townies can react in all sorts of ways, so I cannot enumerate all towny reactions for you. asking "how would a towny react in this situation?" is not a productive question since it is unanswerable.
Well generally, I expect a townie to react with defiance when accused of something that is implying they are scum. A scum would be much nicer because they know the accusation is true and thus seek to justify and placate.

This should be able to explain my most recent movements :)
There is a subset of people who react like that, but I think out of experienced player that subset is small since defiance does little good to threadhealth and doesn't really contribute to collective worldbuilding. You are someone I can see as reacting defiantly though, which is why I am rethinking my stance on you, but I am only vaguely familiar with you as a player, so I'm taking my limited meta with a grain of salt.

Yes, I see what you're saying, and I agree pressure should be applied there. As another potential avenue of exploration, what do you think about ssbm?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by tris »

In post 131, Seanzie wrote: Nothing is indicative of anything in isolation. Taco's reaction to me mentioning teammate equity was way overblown though, they immediately went towards trying to discredit my thoughts by saying it had "0 logic" rather than trying to see if I am town (they purport they were doing that, but I don't buy it).
it seems very believable to me that they saw the read as having 0 logic. i for one, don't see why scum would go out of their way to fake that interaction especially since it's an interaction scum could genuinely have. and, one way someone might try to sort someone, is by calling out what they see as scummy. just because they're tone was aggressive doesn't mean they're not trying to sort you.
When I brought up that they were reacting defensively, they doubled down towards refusing to acknowledge what I was saying, and have time and time again tried to dismiss the conversation, until eventually they OMGUSed.
what exactly were they refusing to acknowledge?
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by tris »

In post 152, Seanzie wrote:

Nope, that isn't what I said at all. Townies can react in all sorts of ways, so I cannot enumerate all towny reactions for you. asking "how would a towny react in this situation?" is not a productive question since it is unanswerable.
Well generally, I expect a townie to react with defiance when accused of something that is implying they are scum. A scum would be much nicer because they know the accusation is true and thus seek to justify and placate.

There is a subset of people who react like that, but I think out of experienced player that subset is small since defiance does little good to threadhealth and doesn't really contribute to collective worldbuilding.
wrong
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by tris »

In post 147, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 146, Shrek wrote:why would you turboelim me

that's not a very nice thing to do
Why me = fry me. Caught em
gottem.
VOTE: shrek
here's what it says
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Shrek »

turboelim me if you must but know i leave all my possessions to greg the egg
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Shrek »

tris youre supposed to help me out hereeee

dont let me die d1 in my first mafia game ever
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 153, tris wrote:
In post 131, Seanzie wrote: Nothing is indicative of anything in isolation. Taco's reaction to me mentioning teammate equity was way overblown though, they immediately went towards trying to discredit my thoughts by saying it had "0 logic" rather than trying to see if I am town (they purport they were doing that, but I don't buy it).
it seems very believable to me that they saw the read as having 0 logic.
i for one, don't see why scum would go out of their way to fake that interaction especially since it's an interaction scum could genuinely have.
and, one way someone might try to sort someone, is by calling out what they see as scummy. just because they're tone was aggressive doesn't mean they're not trying to sort you.
When I brought up that they were reacting defensively, they doubled down towards refusing to acknowledge what I was saying, and have time and time again tried to dismiss the conversation, until eventually they OMGUSed.
You don't see the scum benefit of faking an interaction to make them not look teamed? When I'm scum, if one of my scummates asks me certain types of questions, I refuse to answer in scumchat and make them ask me in the thread specifically to build those sorts of interactions into the thread.

That my push, while too early to be solid, had logical foundations. They didn't take the time to step back and evaluate it critically.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by tris »

In post 157, Shrek wrote:tris youre supposed to help me out hereeee

sorry, i don't make the rules.
here's what it says
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 154, tris wrote:
In post 152, Seanzie wrote:

There is a subset of people who react like that, but I think out of experienced player that subset is small since defiance does little good to threadhealth and doesn't really contribute to collective worldbuilding.
wrong
What is wrong? If it is in regards to the size of that subset, that might be a cultural difference, because among the people I commonly play with, Taco's behavior is uncommon except for among new people or when someone become particularly frustrated (and it was too early for me to think that Taco was truly frustrated at the beginning of our exchange). If it is in regards to the analysis of the outcome of that sort of reaction, and why it is anti-town, idk what to tell you other than cooperation wins more games than defiance IMO.
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Shrek »

seanzie what is your take on me now
Taco Hemingway
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Taco Hemingway »

Stop focusing on me. Go look at other slots.
You're trying to argue semantics and technicalities to try to justify yourself.

No one cares. Just play the game.
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Shrek »

i care :(
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 157, Shrek wrote:tris youre supposed to help me out hereeee

Instead of begging for your life, can you give thoughts on anyone? If you're town, prove it by giving us depth.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by tris »

In post 158, Seanzie wrote:
In post 153, tris wrote:
i for one, don't see why scum would go out of their way to fake that interaction especially since it's an interaction scum could genuinely have.
and, one way someone might try to sort someone, is by calling out what they see as scummy. just because they're tone was aggressive doesn't mean they're not trying to sort you.
You don't see the scum benefit of faking an interaction to make them not look teamed? When I'm scum, if one of my scummates asks me certain types of questions, I refuse to answer in scumchat and make them ask me in the thread specifically to build those sorts of interactions into the thread.

That my push, while too early to be solid, had logical foundations. They didn't take the time to step back and evaluate it critically.
but like, it's not fake in that case. how is that distinguishable town asking questions. sure, scum might want to have such interactions in here rather than in their thread, but it's not like they wouldn't have asked those sorts of questions if they were town.
here's what it says
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 165, tris wrote:
In post 158, Seanzie wrote:
In post 153, tris wrote:

but like, it's not fake in that case. how is that distinguishable town asking questions. sure, scum might want to have such interactions in here rather than in their thread, but it's not like they wouldn't have asked those sorts of questions if they were town.
I'm not saying that I had a lock!scum case on Taco and Shrek when I made that post, or even a strong case. I've explained this numerous times. Have you read my posts? If you truly don't have enough information based on my previous posts to tell what I was doing, please ask again, but at this point, I'd be repeating myself for I think the third time.
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Shrek »

town leaning:

seanzie: my personal belief is that seanzie is town for moving the game out of the early phase with all of the fluff and into the actual discussion. i think that it would benefit scum to waste time, sit back, and let other people incriminate themselves which is not something that seanzie has really done. a key focal point of mafia is examining players and going 'how does what they're doing benefit the mafia in any way, shape, or form?' the answer is that seanzie's own spat is not a good look in case he does happen to be mafia and he seems experienced enough to know not to do that if he does end up becoming scum. at least that's what i've gathered from him and his questioning, no matter how nitpicky it is.

misguided town:
T3: yeah, i'm not really sure what to make of him here. part of me thinks that he wouldn't really draw this much attention to himself if he was mafia? i dunno i think that the interaction between him and taco is t/t and we're wasting our time by arguing mostly about semantics instead of the real stuff.
taco: i think him acting defiant was kind of a bad look for him so early on in the game, but scum would probably not go THAT far to the point of attacking seanzie like that for simply throwing out a light read. like why would he start to tunnel there instead of just leaving it at a convenient point instead of going on with all the effort for several pages. that doesnt seem like mafia to me

unsure:

tris: not enough information to actually determine it, but i want to keep her because dark rey and avocado are best buds and she knows it.

all of the people who have under 5 posts: yeah i have nothing from these people and for all we know all three scum could be lurking within there

scum leaning:
dwlee: i see little benefit to giving little reasoning beyond the vote for a joking response to something. obviously i know why they suspect me (because i'm acting nonchalant about being accused), but like. come on. its an hour in, why would i start a fight as mafia OR town. i didnt wanna dogpile on seanzie for making one wrong read and im actually grateful to him for deciding to make that early play. like he said it starts getting the game moving and i know im town so im not reading too much into it. regardless i think that dwlee should explain some of his reasoning behind his reads on people and his motives for voting me

beyond that i dont really have any reads since these people have been really the only ones with solid contributions or things to be pointed out thus far
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 167, Shrek wrote:town leaning:

seanzie: my personal belief is that seanzie is town for moving the game out of the early phase with all of the fluff and into the actual discussion. i think that it would benefit scum to waste time, sit back, and let other people incriminate themselves which is not something that seanzie has really done. a key focal point of mafia is examining players and going 'how does what they're doing benefit the mafia in any way, shape, or form?' the answer is that seanzie's own spat is not a good look in case he does happen to be mafia and he seems experienced enough to know not to do that if he does end up becoming scum. at least that's what i've gathered from him and his questioning, no matter how nitpicky it is.

misguided town:
T3: yeah, i'm not really sure what to make of him here. part of me thinks that he wouldn't really draw this much attention to himself if he was mafia? i dunno i think that the interaction between him and taco is t/t and we're wasting our time by arguing mostly about semantics instead of the real stuff.
taco: i think him acting defiant was kind of a bad look for him so early on in the game, but scum would probably not go THAT far to the point of attacking seanzie like that for simply throwing out a light read. like why would he start to tunnel there instead of just leaving it at a convenient point instead of going on with all the effort for several pages. that doesnt seem like mafia to me

unsure:

tris: not enough information to actually determine it,
but i want to keep her
because dark rey and avocado are best buds and she knows it.

all of the people who have under 5 posts: yeah i have nothing from these people and for all we know all three scum could be lurking within there

scum leaning:
dwlee: i see little benefit to giving little reasoning beyond the vote for a joking response to something. obviously i know why they suspect me (because i'm acting nonchalant about being accused), but like. come on. its an hour in, why would i start a fight as mafia OR town.
i didnt wanna dogpile on seanzie
for making one wrong read and im actually grateful to him for deciding to make that early play. like he said it starts getting the game moving and i know im town so im not reading too much into it. regardless i think that dwlee should explain some of his reasoning behind his reads on people and his motives for voting me

beyond that i dont really have any reads since these people have been really the only ones with solid contributions or things to be pointed out thus far
When were you worried about a dogpile on me?

Can you elaborate on your read of T3?

Why did you mention Tris here if you had nothing to say?
What does this mean? You want to keep her ... what? where? how? I feel like there is part of this sentence missing.
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Shrek »

like at the start when taco was saying that you were full of shit and stuff like that. i didnt want this game to be too bitter and harsh and he was already laying into you-- if you are town, then us fighting really does nothing and only puts the attention on us. i was just trying to defuse the situation cause i dont think fighting and going around in circles gets the town anywhere. i also dont know why id lay into you for placing a mild sus based on a single interaction. idk ive been REALLY cringe in past games when i come off as overly defensive so maybe i'm overcorrecting in this one

uhhh i think that t3 and taco going at each other (with t3's own 'stilted' start) is just something based off of a dumb snap read that doesn't really indicate t3 of any alignment one way or the others. t3's handling of the situation in picking that fight with taco makes me think that he and taco are both town though

tris and i played two lsgs before and they were both funny so i wanna keep playing with her here since she's the only person i know. if i didnt know her i would probably leave her off the list
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Shrek »

i mean its like 3 hours into d1 id rather let everyone speak than decide a target for the rest of the day.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

My reasoning is all there Shrek.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 169, Shrek wrote:like at the start when taco was saying that you were full of shit and stuff like that. i didnt want this game to be too bitter and harsh and he was already laying into you-- if you are town, then us fighting really does nothing and only
puts the attention on us
. i was just trying to defuse the situation cause i dont think fighting and going around in circles gets the town anywhere. i also dont know why id lay into you for placing a mild sus based on a single interaction. idk ive been REALLY cringe in past games when i come off as overly defensive so maybe i'm overcorrecting in this one

uhhh i think that t3 and taco going at each other (with t3's own 'stilted' start) is just something based off of a dumb snap read that doesn't really indicate t3 of any alignment one way or the others. t3's handling of the situation in picking that fight with taco makes me think that he and taco are both town though

tris and i played two lsgs before and they were both funny so i wanna keep playing with her here since she's the only person i know. if i didnt know her i would probably leave her off the list
Your overly-agreeable post towards me happened well before Taco and I escalated beyond Taco saying my analysis is garbage. I have a hard time thinking that you'd interpret that exchange as a dogpile on me. You suggesting that you wanting to avoid a dogpile on me as your reason for being so agreeable seems disingenuous.

Why are you worried about attention?

Does anyone know the current vote count?
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Shrek »

i'm worried about attention because if we're all townies it means that we could be dropped one by one by one for taking up the vocal majority while scum could just be lurking or inactive or just one of the people who hasn't talked right now.

if you want i can actually claim my role just so we dont like. mislynch right in the beginning of the game. i dont really care if i'm a nightkill since my role is not very useful and it would alleviate suspicion from me so i'm more than happy to be open right now.
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 173, Shrek wrote:i'm worried about attention because if we're all townies it means that we could be dropped one by one by one for taking up the vocal majority while scum could just be lurking or inactive or just one of the people who hasn't talked right now.

if you want i can actually claim my role just so we dont like. mislynch right in the beginning of the game.
i dont really care if i'm a nightkill since my role is not very useful and it would alleviate suspicion from me so i'm more than happy to be open right now.
So, this is a very obvious soft. What is your thought process behind this soft?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”