Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Point of Order!

"MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, HQ. I'M HEADING HOME NOW. TARHALINDUR OUT.

Usually, I would start Twilight right about now, but since a faction is now guaranteed to fulfill its win condition there's really no point. - Tar

The Fifty-Sixth Vote Count (aka the "Final Vote Count of Mind Screw Mafia II" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Cyberbob (3) - MafiaSSK, Natirasha, Battousai
MafiaSSK (0)
Natirasha (0)
Battousai (0)

Not Voting (1): Cyberbob

Votes required to lynch: ???

FoS Count:

Cyberbob (0)
MafiaSSK (0)
Natirasha (0)
Battousai (0)

Not FoS'ing (4) - Cyberbob, MafiaSSK, Natirasha, Battousai

Current Deadline:
???

Cyberbob has been lynched. End of Game Scene forthcoming.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Line

One stands, and tells the truth though she be lying. Others stand, and show the truth. The truth is done. A gateway closes.

Discontinuity

A plan, in motion. A plan, succeeds. A black notebook. A lady, dead by another's hand.

Discontinuity.

The worst enemy, also dead by the same hand, and all her brethren cannot save her. One stands alone, triumphant, he who foresaw all that could be wrought these last few days.

But one question: Where is Chairman Mao?

"Wait a minute..."

Aww, crap.

Cyberbob, Daniel Jackson (from Stargate SG-1), Mafia Mason, Lynched Day 4
Battousai, Asuka Langley Soryuu (from Neon Genesis Evangelion), Mafia Jack of All Trades, Suicided Day 4

MafiaSSK, Rei Ayanami (from Neon Genesis Evangelion), Replacable Townie, Endgamed

Tarhalindur, Chairman Mao (from the card game Mao), Bastard ModGod, Exorcised at Endgame

Natirasha, Tarhalindur (from Real Life), Serial Killer has won Mind Screw Mafia II!

Loyal Members of the Party:

Natirasha, Tarhalindur (from Real Life), Serial Killer

Loyal Former Members of the Party:

Jebus, Yuki Nagato (from The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya), Vanilla Townie, Deadline Lynched Day 1
dahill1, The Cheshire Cat (from Alice in Wonderland), Townie Temporal Artist, Gunned Down Day 1
malthusis, Kaname Chidori (from Full Metal Panic!), Townie With a Short Temper, Lynched Day 2
Dripping Goofball, Kerrigan (from StarCraft), Townie Lie Detector, Crushed Day 2
iamausername, the First Hybrid (from Battlestar Galactica), Untrusted Townie Reviver, Deleted Day 3
DragonsofSummer, Sigmund Freud (from Real Life), Townie Psychologist, Gunned Down Day 3

Cyberbob, Daniel Jackson (from Stargate SG-1), Mafia Mason, Lynched D4
Battousai, Asuka Langley Soryuu (from Neon Genesis Evangelion), Mafia Jack of All Trades, Suicided Day 4

MafiaSSK, Rei Ayanami (from Neon Genesis Evangelion), Replaceable Townie, Endgamed

Tarhalindur, Chairman Mao (from the card game Mao), Bastard ModGod, Exorcised at Endgame

Former Enemies of the Party:

Wall-E, Colonel Jack O'Neill (from Stargate SG-1), Mafia Mason, Found an Enemy of the Party (Modkilled/Autolossed), Day 2

forbiddanlight, Lain Iwakura (from Serial Experiments Lain), Townie Who Does Not Exist, Suicided Day 3

Roles, night actions, references, comments, etc. will be posted ASAP.
User out of ambit.

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:29 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

So I was the only Townie alive end game? How did that happen?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Mind Screw Mafia II - Setup

Rules:

<0> The first rule is that I cannot tell you any of the other rules.

The rest of the rules (see ModGod for how these become visible):

<0> I am the Mod thy God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or bold text) and I will correct it.
<1> This is a game. I hope that you have fun. In return, I ask that you not have your fun at the expense of the other players in this game (in other words, don't be a jackass). Repeated or extreme violations of this rule will result in replacement or modkill.
<1a> Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage, etc. Please, use your common sense!
<2> If there is a conflict between a role and the rules, the role wins.
<3> Claiming that another player is your scumbuddy will result in a modkill.
<4> Quoting private communications (role PM, mason conversations, etc.) or pretending to do the same will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing, however, is not only acceptable but encouraged unless I explicitly say otherwise.
<5> You may not talk with other people about this game outside of the thread (but see Rule 2).
<6> This game will have both a vote count and a FoS (Finger of Suspicion) count. All players will have 1 vote and 1 FoS (but see Rule 2).
<6a> In a Normal game, the FoS count will have no effect on the game other than breaking voting ties at deadline. Theme games make no such guarantee. (Especially not this one!)
<7> To help the game run smoothly, votes and FoS'es should be made in bold text, and use the format
Vote: XXXX
and
FoS: XXXX
, respectively. An unvote and/or unFoS is required to remove a vote or FoS; to unvote or unFoS, please use the format
Unvote: XXXX
or
UnFoS: XXXX
<8> If a player has a majority of votes, that player is lynched and cannot be unvoted. You may talk during twilight unless I state otherwise.
<8a> Twilight will always last at least 12 hours unless stated otherwise.
<9> Each game day will begin with a nonnegotiable deadline of 13+1d15 days in place unless stated otherwise. (At the beginning of each day, I will roll a d15, add 13 to the result, and set the deadline accordingly.)
<10> If deadline occurs without a full majority and a majority of voting players are voting for a player, that player will be lynched. Otherwise, No Lynch will occur.
<11> You may elect to No Lynch any number of times during the course of the game. In order to No Lynch, one of the two following conditions must be met: either a majority of living players must vote no lynch, or no player receives a majority of votes before deadline. (To vote No Lynch, please use the format
Vote: No Lynch
. FoS'es for No Lynch will not be counted.)
<12> Don't drink and post, lest ye receive Public Humilitation. (This rule is an injoke and doesn't actually do anything.)
<13> This is a modified Deep South setup, therefore there are no nights in this game. All abilities must be submitted during the game day and will resolve at the end of day unless otherwise stated.
<14> When you die, stop posting. You may make a single "Bah!"/"Frak you!"/etc. post in the thread. You may not include game content in this post. In addition, once you are dead, please do not discuss the game with anyone other than the Mod until the game is over, as this makes the mod's life easier.
<15> I require that all players post at least once every 72 hours, or inform me if this is not possible. The first time you violate this rule, you will be prodded and receive an Official Warning. The second time you violate this rule, you will be replaced.
<15a> If you have limited access, you need to post to this effect, either in V/LA or in the thread. If I prod you despite you declaring V/LA status, call me on it and I will be duly embarrassed.
<16> Players may only use one special ability per day (but see Rule 2). Passive abilities and factional abilities are not counted as special abilities for purposes of this rule.
<17> This game will start on Day 1 after all players have confirmed (by the method specified in their role PM).
<18> Any player who is modkilled automatically loses the game. I will modkill in the fashion that I deem most damaging to the modkilled player's faction.
<19> I reserve the right to add rules if necessary (or if I really, really want to).
<20> Okay, that's enough formal-sounding stuff. Good luck, have fun!
<21> Game-specific rule: Whenever a player breaks a rule that is not punishable by modkill, they will be informed that they have committed a rule infraction and told the post number where they broke a rule. For every 5 rules infractions incurred, the guilty player will require 1 fewer vote to lynch. (If the rule broken was a temporary rule, then its associated rules infractions will be removed when the rule is removed.)
ModGods don't need flavor text.

Welcome to Mind Screw Mafia II,
. You are the Moderator, but your role here is important enough that you still need a role PM. You are
Chairman Mao (from the card game Mao)

You are the
Bastard ModGod
. You are not a player in the game. You are responsible for posting vote counts and lynch scenes and performing other Mod duties. In addition, you have the following special abilities:

Targetable
- You may be the target of abilities.
Exorcism
- If a kill would resolve on you or you receive a majority of votes in the game at any point during the game, then your full role name will be revealed and you lose your abilities (including this one). If this ability is triggered by attempted lynch then the day ends in No Lynch.
Chairman Mao Ability
- So long as this ability is in the game, the following rule will be in effect: "The first rule is that I cannot tell you any of the other rules." All other rules (if any) will be hidden to players.
Dreams of Reality
- You have 10 1-shot abilities. Each day, you MUST use one of your 1-shots. Your 1-shots are as follows: Whack a Mole, Hickory Dickory Dock, Communist Revolution, Plebiscite, Proletariat Unity, Election Day, Order 66, Paranoid Schizophrenia, International Talk Like a Pirate Day, and Motivational Poster.

Whack A Mole = "The next time a player would be lynched, instead the lynchee's alignment will be revealed via official mod message (functions as a Sane Cop investigation) and the vote count will be reset."
Hickory Dickory Dock = "This game day has a nonretractable deadline of three real-life days."
Communist Revolution = "For the entirety of this game day, all players and the mod must post like a Communist. Failure to do so is a Rule Infraction."
Plebiscite = "For the entirety of this game day, no player may post a message of fewer than fifty words. Failure to do so is a Rule Infraction."
Proletariat Unity = "All players may daytalk with all other players for the entirety of this game day. All players have been informed of this by PM."
Election Day = "This game day, instead of lynching a player, players cast votes to elect a Chairman (King) by majority vote. The King will then decide which player should be lynched today."
Order 66 = "This rule has no effect"
International Talk Like a Pirate Day = "For the entirety of this game day, all players and the mod must post like a pirate. Failure to do so is a Rule Infraction."
Paranoid Schizophrenia = "For the entirety of this game day, votes count as FoS'es and FoS'es count as votes."
(Yes, this interacts with the Inversion, Paper Fan of Doom, and Untrusted abilities.)

Motivational Poster = "Each player may use two actions today if possible."
(The Mafia and SK may kill twice. Asuka may use two of her one-shots AND perform both Mafia kills if possible.)

As a ModGod, you have no win condition.

No need to confirm - you're the Mod, after all!
"Daniel, will you please get to the point and explain what's going on here?"

"I was getting to that, Jack. The writings on these ruins appear to indicate that we've been hauled into a parallel reality where causality works differently. Now, Sam would understand this better than I do, but I think that this text is saying that the physical laws of this world are not constant."

"Which means what, exactly?"

"... Which means that the way things worked yesterday may not work today. In this universe, you might throw a brick up only to find it floating in midair because gravity doesn't work the same way as it used to."

"... Which means that, around here, what goes up does not necessarily go down."

"Thank you, Daniel."

"If I'm reading the column right, the only way to counter this is to remake this reality according to our will - to become the rulers of this world."

"That's... okay, let's not talk about this right now. Let's talk about something else. Specifically, let's ask ourselves who is that redheaded girl walking towards us and what language is she speaking?

"She's speaking Japanese, Jack... and..."

"And what?"

"... And she's asking us to help her."

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Daniel Jackson (from Stargate SG-1)
- not that kind of doctor! You wound up in this mindfrak world with Colonel O'Neill due to a Gate accident, and you've teamed up with someone else to try to get back home.

You are a
Mafia Mason
. At any time, you may consult with
Asuka Langley Soryuu (from Neon Genesis Evangelion)
, the
Mafia Jack of All Trades
played by
PLAYERNAME 2
, and
Colonel Jack O'Neill (from Stargate SG-1)
, a
Mafia Mason
played by
PLAYERNAME 3
. Each day, your faction as a group must decide whether to kill a player that day (and, if so, who). So long as the Mafia Jack of All Trades is alive, she has the final say on whether to make a kill and the responsibility to send me the kill.

In addition to your abilities as a member of the Mafia, you have the following special abilities:

Neighbors
- You are a Mason with
played by
PLAYERNAME 3
. You may talk with him outside the thread at any time. You do not know his alignment.
(Well, okay, you do, since he's your Mafia partner, but it's the effort that counts.)
Mafia Falseclaim
- At any time, you may send me an ability (or set of abilities) and a role name. If you do, I will make a fake role PM for you using the given name and abilities at the earliest possible opportunity. You may use this ability any number of times.

You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm in the thread.
Mod Note:
- Kill method is "Electrocuted".
"Daniel, will you please get to the point and explain what's going on here?"

"I was getting to that, Jack. The writings on these ruins appear to indicate that we've been hauled into a parallel reality where causality works differently. Now, Sam would understand this better than I do, but I think that this text is saying that the physical laws of this world are not constant."

"... Which means that the way things worked yesterday may not work today. In this universe, you might throw a brick up only to find it floating in midair because gravity doesn't work the same way as it used to."

"... Which means that, around here, what goes up does not necessarily go down."

"Thank you, Daniel."

"If I'm reading the column right, the only way to counter this is to remake this reality according to our will - to become the rulers of this world."

"That's... okay, let's not talk about this right now. Let's talk about something else. Specifically, let's ask ourselves who is that redheaded girl walking towards us and what language is she speaking?

"She's speaking Japanese, Jack... and..."

"And what?"

"... And she's asking us to help her."

PLAYERNAME
. You are
- 2 L's! You wound up in this mindfrak world with Daniel due to a Gate accident, and you've teamed up with someone else to try to get back home.

You are a
Mafia Mason
, the
Mafia Jack of All Trades
played by
PLAYERNAME 2
, and
, a
Mafia Mason
played by
PLAYERNAME 3
. Each day, your faction as a group must decide whether to kill a player that day (and, if so, who). So long as the Mafia Jack of All Trades is alive, she has the final say on whether to make a kill and the responsibility to send me the kill.

In addition to your abilities as a member of the Mafia, you have the following special abilities:

Neighbors
- You are a Mason with
played by
PLAYERNAME 3
. You may talk with him outside the thread at any time. You do not know his alignment.
(Well, okay, you do, since he's your Mafia partner, but it's the effort that counts.)
Mafia Falseclaim
- At any time, you may send me an ability (or set of abilities) and a role name. If you do, I will make a fake role PM for you using the given name and abilities at the earliest possible opportunity. You may use this ability any number of times.

You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

Mod Note:
- Kill method is "Machine-Gunned"
This sucks!

You're the best Eva pilot on Earth, the one true savior of humanity from its alien enemies, and they just go and stuff you into this weird place with no warning whatsoever? With no Eva to boot? Just like them, choose stupid Shinji to do the job and push you to the sidelines...

... Wait a minute. There's a brand new world here, a world to make your own, and you're pretty sure Shinji's not in it.

HELLZ YEAH!

PLAYERNAME
. You are
. You've found yourself in a brand new world that you can warp to your will, and you've found some people who seem to be willing to help you do it. You're not going to keep them around forever, though. You're too much of a bitch for that.

You are a
Mafia Jack of All Trades
Jack O'Neill (from Stargate SG-1)
played by
PLAYERNAME 2
, and
played by
PLAYERNAME 3
, the
Mafia Masons
. Each day, your faction as a group must decide whether to kill a player that day (and, if so, who). So long as you are alive, you have the final say on whether to make a kill and the responsibility to send me the kill.

Glomp
- Once during the game, during the day, you may glomp another player. Any normal action that player makes that day will have no effect (i.e, that player will be roleblocked).
Background Check
- Once during the game, during the day, you may investigate another player. You will learn that player's role name (name and point of origin) and the names of any special abilities that player possesses.
Quantum Mirror
- Once during the game, during the day, you may Reflect another player. Any non-roleblock normal action involving that player is redirected to its origin.
(The origin is the player who submitted the ability.)

Nuke
- Once during the game, if you would make the Mafia kill, you may instead Nuke another player. That player will be killed. If this kill is successful, the kill method will be "Nuked".
Grant Godfather Immunity
- Once during the game, during the day, you may choose a player. That player will become immune to all investigations. If the player granted Godfather immunity is targeted by a rolecop he will appear to be
Shinji Ikari (from Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Mafia Safeclaim
- You know that
is not in the game.
Mafia Falseclaim

Please note that as a Jack of All Trades you may only use one of your 1-shot abilities per day.

You win when you have fulfilled BOTH of the following win conditions:

Standard Faction Win Condition:
All other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.
Usurper Win Condition:
You must be the last surviving member of your faction at the end of the game.
(The other members of the Mafia do not know about this win condition. You may tell them about it if you wish.)

Please confirm via return PM.
Mod Note:
- Grant Godfather Immunity grants the targeted player the
Godfather Immunity
ability: "You are immune to all investigations. If you are targeted by a rolecop you will appear to be
"
- If a player with Godfather Immunity is targeted by Freud then Freud will gain the ability to talk with the targeted player at any time.
- An ability delayed with Time Warp has no origin.
- If Polygraph is reflected due to Quantum Mirror, the yes/no answer will be provided to Kerrigan based on what she knows, not what her target knows. (This is likely to result in "No idea." results.)
- Kill method is "Crushed" unless otherwise stated.

Not AGAIN.

The last time you tried to run a Mind Screw game, you got hauled into a mindfrak of a reality. You manage to escape somehow, try to do it right this time... and you're in your own game again. And you're pissed.

Screw being nice. Screw helping other people out. This time, you're going to get out on YOUR terms. Everyone else be damned.

After all, if there's one role you've come to like, it's Serial Killer.

Welcome to Mind Screw Mafia,
PLAYERNAME
. You are
Tarhalindur (from Real Life)
. You've gotten hauled into a mindfrak reality based on your Mafia setups... AGAIN... and this time you're going to make this your OWN reality. After all, being Serial Killer is FUN!

You are a
Serial Killer
. As the lone member of an anti-town faction, you may kill another player every other day, beginning on Day 1.
(Send in a PM with your target before the day ends. You may skip kills if desired.)

In addition to your abilities as a Serial Killer, you have the following special abilities:

Grave Pact
- Whenever you kill a player singlehandedly, you gain a grave counter.
Harmony of Blades
- If you would be killed by an ability and you have a grave counter, instead that kill will be prevented and you lose a grave counter.
Death Note
- "Each day, you may name a player and an ability name. If the targeted player has received a mod PM with the chosen ability name, that player will be killed.
(For example, the name of this ability is Death Note.)

Inversion
- FoS'es count as votes for you and votes count as FoS'es for you. This ability is not visible in Vote Counts.
Time Stop
-Whenever a majority of players in the game are FoS'ing you, the vote count will be reset.
Serial Killer Safeclaim
- You know that
Sagara Sousuke (from Full Metal Panic!)
is not in the game and is a safe claim for you if needed.
Serial Killer Falseclaim

Mod Note:
- Serial Killer kill method is "Gunned Down". Death Note kill method is "Suicided".
Okay, what has that idiot Sousuke done this time?

Good question. All you know is that last night you went to bed and woke up to find yourself here, in a reality best described as a real head trip. Of course, it could be a dream, but if so it's a resilient one... pinching yourself hasn't worked yet.

Hey look, there's a town over there. Maybe they know something about what's going on here. If they do, you'll know about it soon enough.

After all, you have in your possession a very mean-looking paper fan, and you're not afraid to use it.

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Kaname Chidori (from Full Metal Panic!)
. Something Sousuke did got you hauled into this mindfrak of a reality, and somebody's going to pay for it... that's a mean-looking paper fan you have there... please don't hit me with it...

You are a
Townie With a Short Temper
. You have the following special ability.

Paper Fan of Doom
- Your FoS counts as a vote.
(Whenever you FoS a player, that player will receive a vote instead of a FoS. This effectively makes you a double voter without a FoS.)

At last, they’ve come for me. I feel their lives, their destinies spilling out before me. The denial of the one true path, played out on a world not their own, will end soon enough. Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening, struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity and in the midst of confusion, he will find her. Enemies brought together by impossible longing. Enemies now joined as one. The way forward at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering. I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know enmity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of one splintering into many. And then, they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of an angel. Not an end, but a beginning. End of line.

PLAYERNAME
. You are the
First Hybrid (from Battlestar Galactica)
. Apparently your existence has begun anew through your appearance in this strange reality, and you've decided to give your new companions - children, if you prefer - as much help as you can in order to sort out the current crisis.

You are a
Untrusted Townie Reviver
. You have the following special abilities:

Ritual of Revival
- Once during the game, you may target a player in the graveyard. So long as you are alive at the end of the day in which you use this ability, that player will be revived. Be warned: some players may be immune to resurrection.
(Kills resolve before special actions.)

Mod Notes:
- Hidden Ability:
Untrusted
- You are FoS-vulnerable. This effect is not visible in the vote count.
(FoS'es for you count as votes for you. Players FoS'ing you retain their original vote and can move that vote at will.)

- Cannot revive the Cheshire Cat, Lain Iwakura, or modkilled players.
"If I die, I can be replaced."

Little do the others realize just how true that is.

This is a strange world, isn't it? Nothing like the old reality. Oh well, you'd better get used to it.

After all, it's not like you're going to have the option to leave anytime soon.

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Rei Ayanami (from Neon Genesis Evangelion)
. You're used to blindly following others, even risking your own life to do so. Upon finding yourself here. it didn't take long for you to join up with the group trying to make a life here - it's just more of the same to you.

You are a
Replaceable Townie
. You have the following special ability:

Reiquarium
- If you would die, instead you will be replaced. Literally.
(In other words, if you would be killed by any standard ability, you will be replaced instead.)

With ten billion Zerg behind you, you're pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe.

Unfortunately, in this mindfrak of a reality, that's not really going to help you. Not only are you slightly short on the ten billion Zerg department, you seem to have been reverted to a Ghost to boot.

What might just help you is being a telepath. In a world of secrets and mysteries, that has to have some useful applications.

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Kerrigan, Queen of Blades (from StarCraft)
. You've somehow wound up in this game minus any evidence that the Zerg ever existed, so you've decided to use what few abilities you have left to help the "good" of this world.

You are a
Townie Lie Detector
. You have the following special ability:

Polygraph
- Each day, you may PM me a sentence posted by a player other than yourself (1 sentence maximum). At the end of that day, I will tell you, to the best of my knowledge, whether the chosen sentence is a lie.
(Please include the post number and player who made the chosen sentence in your action PM's.)

You thought that Alice was mad when she told you of a strange world where up was down and teatime was bedtime.

Considering that your surroundings look exactly like what Alice described, maybe she wasn't as mad as you thought. Or, worse, maybe insanity itself is saner than you thought.

It shouldn't be too much work to get used to it, though. After all, you did live in Wonderland.

Besides, you have this piece of paper you found... signed by "Alice". Hmm, how very interesting.

PLAYERNAME
. You are
The Cheshire Cat (from Alice in Wonderland).
You've managed to wind up in the same forsaken place that Alice got pulled into, and now you need to find a way to survive. Of course, in this case "survive" implies "get rid of the people who won't accept you because you don't fit in their view of reality".

You are a
Townie Temporal Artist

Time Warp
- Each day, you may target a player. Any action the targeted player makes that day will take an additional two game days to resolve. Any action with an origin that targets the targeted player takes an additional day to resolve.
(If a player's action is Time Warped on Day 1 then it will resolve, if possible, at some point during Day 3; if a third player's action targets a Time Warped target during Day 1 then the third player's action will resolve, if possible, at some point during Day 2. An ability attempting to resolve after previously being delayed with Time Warp has no origin. An action with no legal targets automatically fails to resolve. PM me if you need further explanation)

Alice's Note
- You know that the Mod is a player in the game.

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Yuki Nagato (from The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya)
. Why is a normal person like yourself in this mindfrak of a world? Good question.

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have no special abilities.

"Sometimes a cigar is really just a cigar."

It's a nice quote, but it means nothing. Not here in this place, not here where the rising angel meets the falling ape.

What does matter is that psychoanalysis scares people. In fact, *you* scare people. In a world based on perception, that might be a very useful ability to have.

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Sigmund Freud (from Real Life)
. You're an expert at making people squirm by exposing their deepest desires and fears (and by "desires" I mean sex and by "fears" I mean Dad, obviously) who's trying to survive in this mindfrak world.

You are a
Townie Psychologist

Psychoanalysis
- Each day, you may target a player. If that player is
, you will gain the ability to talk to that player at any time.
Inside Information
- You know that Shinji Ikari is not a member of the Mafia.

Mod Note:
- Shinji, of course, is not in the game... but see Asuka's role.
"No matter where you go, we're all connected."

But is that a good thing or a bad one? It's all too easy for a voice in the greater unity to stand up and call itself God. It's even possible for that voice to be listened to.

If there's one thing you don't want now, it's for someone else to order you to do something because of a God.

After all, you refused the chance to be God. Why would you want another to become what you would not?

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Lain Iwakura (from Serial Experiments Lain)
. You got hauled from your empty city to this strange place, like Eiri before you - and like him, in the face of a realm of random number gods, you've decided to cast your lot with those who would remain free.

You are a
Townie Who Does Not Exist

RetGone
- After seventeen player posts into Day 1 or after your first post (whichever comes first) you will kill yourself. Nothing you or any other player does can prevent this. The method of death will be "Killed by Gunshot".
Alias
- So long as you are in the graveyard, your name will appear to be
Lain Iwakura (from Serial Experiments Lain), Vanilla Townie
Lady of the Wired
- You count as a player in the game while in the graveyard.
(The graveyard is the dead players list. This does not allow you to post in the thread.)

Beyond the Grave
- So long as you are in the graveyard, you may vote and FoS privately by sending a vote or FoS by PM to the Mod.
Dead Lady Walking
- So long as you are in the graveyard, you may post through the Mod.
(Up to 10 times each day, you may send a message with no more more than 100 words to the Mod and he will post it as his own post in the thread as soon as possible. You may vote or FoS using the usual format in the thread, and said votes and FoS'es will be counted with the Mod's name attached instead of yours [though the vote/FoS is still ultimately yours]. Your post restrictions still apply. PM me if you need further explanation.)

Post Restriction 1
- You may not indicate your role name or abilities in any way at any time. In fact, when making a post, I suggest that you completely forget about your abilities. Should you break this restriction, you will be modkilled (and therefore autolossed and removed from the game).
(If you wish, I am willing to edit any post you make with Dead Lady Walking to remove content that would break this post restriction.

Post Restriction 2
- You are exempt from all rules concerning player activity. You may not post more than 10 times per game day, and you may not make a post with more than 100 words. Violation of this post restriction will result in a modkill.
Vengeful
- Once during the game, so long as you are in the graveyard, you may kill another player. This ability is a Rapid Action - Kill.
(Send the kill in via PM, please. This ability resolves immediately upon use and cannot be prevented by any normal activated ability.)

Door Into Nothingness
- If you are targeted by a kill or lynched while in the graveyard, you will be removed from the game.

Mod Note:
- Kill method is "Deleted".

Game Notes:
Ability resolution order is: {Vengeance/Mafia Falseclaim/SK Falseclaim} (rapid-action, resolves immediately upon receipt) ::: Glomp, Reflector, Time Warp, {Nuke/Mafia kill/SK kill}, {Polygraph/Background Check}, {Ritual of Revival/Grant Godfather Immunity/Psychoanalysis}.

Reiquarium and Harmony of Blades are replacement effects that modify how killing abilities (Vengeance, Nuke, Mafia kill, and SK kill) resolve - they are checked on the resolution of a killing ability to see if they apply, but they do not use the stack.

Grave Pact is a triggered ability that triggers when a Serial Killer kill successfully resolves; Exorcism is a triggered ability that triggers when a killing role successfully targets the Mod. As such, both resolve immediately after killing roles resolve (if necessary).

RetGone is a triggered ability that depends on game state; it resolves immediately after its condition is fulfilled.

Paper Fan of Doom, Untrusted, and Inversion are replacement abilities that do not affect active abilities and do not interact with the ability stack in any way.

All other abilities are static abilities and do not use the stack in any way.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Wall-E »

Good game. I wish I'd noticed that rule about being permabanned... didn't see that one. Also wishing I hadn't suicided.

ITT it was a bit unfair to have players speaking through the mod who appeared to be dead to the town, unless it was unbiased and possible that the Mafia could also be made into "ghosts"...

Great game Tarl. Sorry I cheated. Wouldn't have done it if I'd known.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:37 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Wall-E wrote:Good game. I wish I'd noticed that rule about being permabanned... didn't see that one. Also wishing I hadn't suicided.

ITT it was a bit unfair to have players speaking through the mod who appeared to be dead to the town, unless it was unbiased and possible that the Mafia could also be made into "ghosts"...

Great game Tarl. Sorry I cheated. Wouldn't have done it if I'd known.
Walle did anyone in the mafia gorup ever think of killing me?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Actions:

Day 1:

Tarhalindur uses Proletariat Unity
Mafia sends Cyberbob to kill DrippingGoofball (delayed to Day 3)
Battousai uses Glomp on DragonsofSummer
Natirasha uses Serial Killer kill on dahill1
Natirasha uses Death Note on DrippingGoofball naming "Mafia Fakeclaim" (no effect)
Dripping Goofball uses Polygraph on DragonsofSummer (truth)
dahill1 uses Time Warp on Cyberbob
DragonsofSummer uses Psychoanalysis on malthusis
forbiddanlight does not use Vengeful
iamausername does not use Ritual of Revival
MafiaSSK has no active abilities
Jebus has no active abilities
malthusis has no active abilities

Natirasha uses Serial Killer Falseclaim - Tarhalindur, Neutral Survivor:
Not AGAIN.

The last time you tried to run a Mind Screw game, you got hauled into a mindfrak of a reality. You manage to escape somehow, try to do it right this time... and you're in your own game again. It's starting to get annoying, really.

The good news is, you saw the Star Child warp himself out last time, and you were able to figure out how he did it. It will take you a bit longer that it took for him - you're not really on the same level of godlike, after all - but you can get yourself out of this place. All you'll need is some cooperation... some people willing to keep you around long enough to allow you to get out.

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Tarhalindur (from Real Life)
. You've gotten hauled into a mindfrak reality based on your Mafia setups... AGAIN... and you'd really like to get out of the game.

You are a
Neutral Survivor

Neutral Survivor Safeclaim
- You know that Sagara Sousuke (from Full Metal Panic!) is not in the game and is a safe claim for you if needed.
Neutral Survivor Falseclaim

You win if you are alive when another faction fulfills its win condition. You do not count as a player for the purposes of the standard factional win condition ("You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.")

Wall-E uses Mafia Falseclaim - Virgil "Bud" Grissom (from The Abyss), Vanilla Townie
Whoa, and you thought the aliens were weird...

Seriously, all that strange stuff that the aliens caused, the lights, the amorphous bodies, the standing waves... that's normal here. So are days without night, stars guarding passageways, non-Euclidean geometries, hypercubes, Lovecraftian cities in the ice, and things like that. In fact, it's almost like the weird stuff is normal and you refugees are the weirdness...

Oh well. You're just an ordinary guy, so you'll have to muddle on as best you can. After all, you were able to save the world from aliens; maybe you can bring peace to this one as well...

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Virgil "Bud" Grissom (from The Abyss)
. You're just another traveller lost in this intersection between chaos and oblivion, trying to make do as best you can, trying to prevent this world from being used by the twisted whims of others.

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have no special abilities.

Cyberbob uses Mafia Falseclaim - Frederich Nietzsche (from Real Life), Townie Atheist
People claim that you're a monster... that you were a nihilist, that you believed the universe was devoid of meaning... that you were responsible for the Holocaust through your ideology... that you were an abomination in a world under God.

They're wrong, of course. You're not a monster - maybe an übermensch, but not a monster. The universe might be devoid of meaning, but that doesn't mean that you can't create your own. You weren't responsible for the Nazis hijacking your philosophy for their own ends, and the claims that you are an abomination unto God fails on both the abomination test and the under God test.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to refute the new arguments against you when you're dead. Except... here, in this strange world, you're not dead. Maybe your debating skills will earn you some respect. Maybe you can gain acceptance from the others here.

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Frederich Nietzsche (from Real Life)
. Your unpopular views have earned you scorn in the real world, but in this world you might just be able to convince people to, if not agree with you, then at least accept what you believe.

You are a
Townie Atheist

Miller
- You come up guilty (or the closest equivalent) to all investigations.
Debate
- Each day, you may debate another player, keeping him busy rebutting your arguments. Any normal action that player makes will be negated.

Day 2:

Tarhalindur uses International Talk Like a Pirate Day
Mafia sends Cyberbob to kill DrippingGoofball
Battousai does not use an ability
Natirasha's has no Serial Killer kill today
Natirasha uses Death Note on malthusis naming Inversion (fails)
Dripping Goofball uses Polygraph on Battousai (no effect due to Mafia kill)
dahill1 is dead
DragonsofSummer uses Psychoanalysis on MafiaSSK (not Shinji)
forbiddanlight does not use Vengeful
iamausername uses Ritual of Revival on dahill1 (fails due to dahill being Cheshire Cat, unrevivable no. 2)
Jebus is dead
malthusis has no active abilities

Day 3:

Mafia's Day 1 kill resolves (countered on resolution)
Tarhalindur uses Whack A Mole
Mafia sends Cyberbob to kill Natirasha (negated by Harmony of Blades)
Battousai uses Background Check on MafiaSSK (Rei Ayanami (from Neon Genesis Evangelion), Replaceable Townie; only ability is named Reiquarium)
Natirasha uses Serial Killer kill on DragonsofSummer
Natirasha uses Death Note on forbiddanlight naming Lady of the Wired (succeeds)
Dripping Goofball is dead
DragonsofSummer uses Psychoanalysis on Battousai (no result due to SK kill)
forbiddanlight uses Vengeful on imausername
iamausername dies during the day
Jebus is dead
malthusis is dead

Day 4:

Tarhalindur uses Order 66
Mafia sends Battousai to kill Natirasha
Battousai uses Grant Godfather Immunity on Battousai
Natirasha has no Serial Killer kill today
Natirasha uses Death Note on Battousai naming Quantum Mirror (succeeds)
Dripping Goofball is dead
DragonsofSummer is dead
forbiddanlight is dead
iamausername is dead
Jebus is dead
malthusis is dead
User out of ambit.

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:47 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

By the way Tarh, I'm pre-inning for the long ways away Mind Screw Mafia 3.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:21 am

Post by malthusis »

I can't believe anybody noticed that after I died Nat didn't. Anyways, it was a good game. (P.S: So pre in for Mind Screw III!)
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

I still need to get mod comments and references up, but that'll have to wait for a bit.
User out of ambit.

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:14 am

Post by dahill1 »

GG!
i'm proud to say my scumdar was pretty good this game (Wall-E, Cyberbob).
I didn't really suspect Batt though...i think if we had a few less "distractions" (DGB, malth, Jebus) we coulda won that
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:16 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Dahill, you didn't suspect me at all?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:18 am

Post by dahill1 »

MafiaSSK wrote:Dahill, you didn't suspect me at all?
i did somewhat, but after wall-e flipped scum i reread and immediately got cyberbob from his actions
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Battousai »

Dang, I thought I had won for the most part. I planned on killing nat and convincing MafiaSSk to lynch tar or get tar to lynch Mafiassk, depending on how mafiassk reacts to their being another day with just two players left (plus a voting tar). Nat just got lucky with the quantom mirror. I was debating whether or not to use my reflection ability and decided to go with godfather just in case....

Me and Cyberbob didn't know why DGB survived past D1. We thought there was probably a busdriver since Jebus also died that night.

Also a note, I never told my partners about the usurper role (except Cyberbob after I outted him). My plan was, after seeing the heat on wall-e, was to claim to investigate wall-e, and nuke Cyberbob near end game. I planned on claiming townie jack of all trades right before I outted wall-e and and explained that by killing cyberbob (whom after I thought was scum based on a reread of posts by wall-e) that night, it negated the scum kill since he must have been the one to send in the kill.

Also, I was right about the ghost :)

Overall, this was the must difficult game as scum I've been in. In a normal role game, I think I could have won. Good game Nat.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, I really apologize for almost single handedly ruining the game for town. Essentially, it was 2 AM...I thought I had counted the players wrong and there really were 6 (I forgot about cyberbob), so essentially, I was like Oh...wait...that means iam and Mafia are likely scum (I trusted Batt for wanting to no lynch under those conditions where there were really 6 players. Of course, my mind changed after that, and the "wager" I promised was to encourage a Batt lynch). But yes, I am sorry for killing you iam. The FoSing Malth was bad info from Nat, and the reason I was killed was because I gave Nat most of my ability list. (I really shouldn't have trusted him. I also daytalked to DGB and DoS). I am happy that I led you right with Wall-E, but sadly that was at Nat's urging as well. Essentially I was all wrong this game and once again proved I suck as town. I will say I had fun mindscrewing you all D1 to get anyone off my trail (The Classified info post was a reference to Mikuru Asahina as my "claim", but Wall-E chose to pick God as a part time job :S). I am glad to finally be able to directly post since thinking about how to say whatever I wanted in under 10 posts and 100 words was annoying.

So, sorry guys :S...but my role was fucking awesome anyway!

pre-/in for Mind Screw III if it occurs.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Augh! I was chasing a damn ghost the whole game! This was so much fun though, and very well played Nat.

If it is going to happen I would also like to pre /in for Mind Screw III
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by iamausername »

Damn, I figured out that forbiddanlight must have been behind the mysterious modposts as soon as she appeared to die for a second time, and I don't know why it took so long for the thought to occur to me.

I was definitely finding Nat suspicious just before my death and I was probably going to start pushing his lynch at that point, but Batt had me totally fooled, so I wouldn't be confident about town's chances even if you hadn't killed me, FL. Totally sucked that you did it at that point, anyway, I was really enjoying the talk-like-a-pirate post restrictions. I would love to play an entire game like that.

Well done, Natirasha, you played a good game. Awesome setup again, Tar, I love how much there is going on in these games that the players don't have a clue about until it's over.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I was definitely finding Nat suspicious just before my death and I was probably going to start pushing his lynch at that point, but Batt had me totally fooled, so I wouldn't be confident about town's chances even if you hadn't killed me, FL. Totally sucked that you did it at that point, anyway, I was really enjoying the talk-like-a-pirate post restrictions. I would love to play an entire game like that.
2 AM actions= NOT A GOOD IDEA

I couldn't sleep til I did something about the "6 players" because I forgot cyber. I wouldn't have done it if I had recalled him. Essentially by process of elim (in my mind), the scum had to be you and SSK with 6 players. Way to be completely wrong on my part.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Heh, the minute forbiddan gave me her role list with names, I knew I had a very good chance of winning the game. Battousai revealing his role names just clinched the deal.

I assumed that Malthy was a Mafia Godfather with inversion when he posted that his FoS was a vote, that's why I wanted him alive--so I could kill him and gain a grave counter(something funny is that I thought The Grave Counters gave me lynch immunity the whole game).

Seriously, I should have been dead by day two--especially shame on you forbiddan. I told you pretty much I had inversion, that my win condition changed if I was killed, that I was an ability cop, and I was a survivor. Should have used that vig and ended it.

But, seriously, though awesome game, I'm pre-inning all Tar games from now on.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Seriously, I should have been dead by day two--especially shame on you forbiddan. I told you pretty much I had inversion, that my win condition changed if I was killed, that I was an ability cop, and I was a survivor. Should have used that vig and ended it.
I wasn't tracking well. I was focused too much on mafia and not on third party scum. And then I gave you the coup when I killed iam. Geez this was a horrid game for me. And I can't believe you nearly convinced me to push a DGB lynch!
-StrangerCoug

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

This game was... weird. Which is sort of the point I suppose, but... yeah.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I felt so much stress when Tarl started telling people to vote for me that I felt it would be better to suicide... then Tarl told me what was really going on and I was all GRAAAAH! HULK SMAAASH!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

MOd Notes. Is they coming?

And sorry Wall-E. But I WAS pro town.
-StrangerCoug

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Wall-E »

you only had 100 characters?

why/how did you suicide?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”