Mini Normal 2216 | Screaming | Post-game!

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:10 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Dwlee, can you differentiate your scum game and your town game for me?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I don't have a completed scum game on site since I think 2017ish so not really. I can send you links to old games though if you want to read through me being 14 or 15 though lol
I prefer they, thanks :)
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:13 am

I would think that MaxTheFox is the better choice here. Although it might be that we just haven't seen enough of him to really read into the slot, I think his D1 stances are off, I think his reads are shallow, and I think the emotions of his recent posts are off.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:14 am

In post 1576, Dwlee99 wrote:I don't have a completed scum game on site since I think 2017ish so not really. I can send you links to old games though if you want to read through me being 14 or 15 though lol
Ah. You haven't rolled scum. Very dangerous.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:22 am

You said you dont have a completed scum game on site since 2017. Have you been in a scum game where you've been replaced more recently?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

What do you mean by that?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:26 am

Like... maybe you have a game where you've replaced out in the middle and you don't count that as a completed game, but you were scum there and it was much more recent.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Oh, no. I don't think I ever really replaced out of games.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:46 am

...Can I trust you to be not scum this time? I have a strong townread on you based on play, but since I have no idea what kind of scum player you would be, it makes me nervous. It would be pretty embarrassing if you were just playing the best scum game ever.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

In post 1571, humaneatingmonkey wrote:A50 answering on behalf of Bambi Jay instead of letting Bambi Jay illustrate it himself makes me think that this interaction would have never happened if they have a PT — otherwise he could have just coached there. If there's scum in A50 and Bambi Jay, it's only one or the other.

{Bambi Jay/A50, Max The Fox}
I would've answered the same way if I didn't fall asleep for a bit. It's not even a coach it's how we play. Lots of people answer questions not meant for them cuz they're bored.
Yes, I'm related to Elsa Jay. No, we aren't the same person, she is a thot. I'm pure and full of positive energy.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1584, humaneatingmonkey wrote:...Can I trust you to be not scum this time? I have a strong townread on you based on play, but since I have no idea what kind of scum player you would be, it makes me nervous. It would be pretty embarrassing if you were just playing the best scum game ever.
I won a scummy for being good at scum but no I'm not
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

In post 1558, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1554, boxxy wrote:but you're sticking with town on max? What is your list,
:lol: Funny how you interpreted it (But I can see how it could be confusing). Bambia was saying she will stick
with
the Town (as in "support the Town's will") on Max
Yeah I don't see how you saw that otherwise as me still townreading Max. It was a nullread if anything.
In post 1407, Bambi Jay wrote:I think/know Almost is fake from personal experience with him. I don't know about his Alts but he plays a certain way and recruits me to help when I'm available. I oblige usually but he's already lied twice for ya so he's had his fun.

I don't doubt the one investigative that's probably legit unless Salsa counterclaims. Because I'm not falling for Almost fake claiming like he never falls for me doing it.
Here I also explained my kinda reasoning already Monkey on why I townread it. I'm a gutread player normally and since Almost is also a liar I read the intent of the lie. Almost this game didn't use the PR role for more then a way to direct attention and didn't even keep it up that much. Probably only unloaded it so early when he saw I got myself stuck in a lie I couldn't back out of peacefully.

So unless he crumbed it day 1 with the express intent to use it to pocket me day 2 in a game I didn't exist in yet, that was a townie use to kinda get me outta the awkward situation I was in.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:34 pm

In post 1586, Dwlee99 wrote:I won a scummy for being good at scum but no I'm not
I've been looking at your site topics. Let's say for the sake of argument that you were scum more recently, what would be the more obvious blindspots that you could improve on in your scum play that's otherwise missing in your town play?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:38 pm

The post you quoted isn't even close to indicating or hinting at what you're saying now. So it doesn't look like an explanation for your read, just that you think Almost50 fakeclaimed. But the confidence that he's town because he fakeclaimed? Not present and hasn't been verbalized until now (with Almost50 bailing you out as well).
In post 1587, Bambi Jay wrote:Probably only unloaded it so early when he saw I got myself stuck in a lie I couldn't back out of peacefully.
Didn't you plan for the event that you would be called out for your fake guilty? Why wouldn't you have just retracted your fake guilty? nomnomnom was giving you space to do so.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

I mean if I admitted it you would've power elimed me without letting me explain. Almost ironically split the heat between him and me so I lived. That's my interpretation atleast.

Plus I didn't expect y'all to believe such a sarcastic claim anyway. I was kinda at a loss there since I claimed it as a joke and even did the "huh" with you all.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1588, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1586, Dwlee99 wrote:I won a scummy for being good at scum but no I'm not
I've been looking at your site topics. Let's say for the sake of argument that you were scum more recently, what would be the more obvious blindspots that you could improve on in your scum play that's otherwise missing in your town play?
Maybe getting town eliminated? I think that is the same as with town games though cause it always feels like a struggle to get my preferred elimination through
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:03 pm

Cool. I think I'm good. Waiting on Max The Fox.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:19 pm

Sorry just one more thing:
In post 580, Almost50 wrote:
In post 149, boxxy wrote:My scumreads:

cyrus92
monkee

Townreads:

seanzie

Rest are null
This is a TOWNIE readlist.
Almost50, this is the only post that addresses your read on boxxy before he claimed. Your other reason was that Roaming Detective is a hard claim for scum to make because you're not familiar to it.

If you're VT and if you have no reason to townread him based on "role synergy", are there any other reasons—prior to boxxy's claim—that made you confident boxxy was legit and town? Or was it just the readlist and your perceived difficulty of the claim?
In post 712, Almost50 wrote:I guess the designer didn't foresee you making a bad push that results in outing the PR, so didn't take this into account.
You also said that the push nomnomnom and I did against boxxy was bad. You never explained why. Can you explain now what you thought made it bad around those times?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Does anyone have any thoughts on a50's Seanzie sudden read change?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Like Bambi, I can read your town case on him but I'm not convinced by it at all and I think it just looks like he got caught trying to claim a power role.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1593, humaneatingmonkey wrote:If you're VT and if you have no reason to townread him based on "role synergy", are there any other reasons—prior to boxxy's claim—that made you confident boxxy was legit and town? Or was it just the readlist and your perceived difficulty of the claim?
1- Readlist coincided with my own reads at the time
2- Clain sounded legit and hard for Scum to fake

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1593, humaneatingmonkey wrote:You also said that the push nomnomnom and I did against boxxy was bad. You never explained why. Can you explain now what you thought made it bad around those times?
It outed our Investigative. How do you interpret the word "bad"?

OK, let me reiterate: it was an unfounded push with no real good reasoning that lead to the exposure of a TPR on D1. THAT is BAD in my book.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:08 pm

I can see a world where town!Almost50 would fakeclaim a role and risk an NK to divert attention to him. But would town!Almost50 be willing to do that if he's not confident about his boxxy read? Surely, there's a chance that boxxy is bullshitting — right? Well, then town!Almost50 must have a reason to be truly confident about boxxy's slot.

That's why I'm asking Almost50 what made him confident about boxxy's slot prior to his claim. Right now, I don't buy that town would see boxxy's readlist and claim at the circumstances that they were happening as clear undeniable evidence that boxxy is town. Clear enough that they'd fakeclaim an investigative with PR synergy that can clear boxxy to everyone's eyes. T3 had a similar POV, but had reservations about boxxy as well. Almost50 clearly didn't have reservations about boxxy.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

Coincidentally we also lost the other 2 PRs day 2. This town is bad luck and a bad omen. Or maybe I'm a bad omen since I showed up day 2. I hope I'm not a bad omen.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”