Mini Normal 2216 | Screaming | Post-game!

cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

I voted boxy why is my name not on the box wagon on the vote count
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Dwlee, you should understand, Seanzie could be scum trying to sympathize with your dislike for my formatting to say that i was scum and to invalidate the case against boxxy. have you considered that?
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 373, nomnomnom wrote:It could quite literally just be boxxy/cyrus/sean as a scumteam, really
which means their entire early game interaction was distancing lol
Sean makes sense as a third there. Tbh I was skeptical of boxxy cyrus as I dont see scum!Cyrus bussing like that D1 of what I assume is his first scum game on site. However I can see it happening if a third, more experienced player coached him into it.

Doesn't necessarily have to be Sean, could be any more experienced scum, but with the way he posts in the game I could see him trying to organize a scumteam in the PT
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

page top eat my shorts.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Seanzie made a comment that I was hard to follow, even after the point that I've already laid it out.

If you've read my ISO, Dwlee, I've already put words into my stuff before. I've already broken this down. You just missed it.
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 323, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Boxxy's posts aren't good. TL;DR
Boxxy is positioning himself to be the town's lord and savior from these anti-town scrubs and he's gonna scumhunt the scum to infinity and beyond. I read this as scum who's trying to score towncred. This is not how town actually score towncred. Town score towncred by making an effort in actually sorting slots. But in fact, he's done the opposite — he's reading into things very superficially and focuses much more on keeping the 'tegridy of muh tuhwn.

Corroborating evidence: #200 (and my comment #208)

He also did this:
> Seanzie is dishonest
> votes nomnomnom for "anti-town behavior"
Reference: #222

He also did this:
>monkey is anti-town and should be lynched
>hahaha i was just saying that just in case!
Reference: #149 → #151 → #172 → #222 (the first part)

That's just my complaint. There's a lot of tickets from noms and Salsabil too.
While I appreciate the decorative language here, this is overstated.

This is an oversimplication of that post. Boxxy said I was reaching, and possibly dishonest. I don't think this is bad from Boxxy since while I had townread ssbm_Kyouko's response to Boxxy's scumread of Monkey, I didn't actually think Boxxy having that scumread was AI, simply that I liked ssbm_Kyouko's thoughts. From Boxxy's perspective, I think them thinking that was reaching and possibly dishonest is reasonable.

Boxxy's vote on Nom in this post also looks very reasonable to me because Nom is being super shady with this "I have a reason, but I'm not going to share" thing.

Now that I'm looking at it though, I REALLY don't like how Monkey conflated two clearly unrelated parts of Boxxy's post here. Boxxy's post is clearly two posts in 1, but Monkey is acting like it is one post. Monkey didn't actually explain what is wrong with those two bulletpoints he provided, but it is clear the reader would read those two bulletpoints as "Boxxy is shading Sean, but voting Nom in the same post", but this just isn't how that post actually reads. It is two separate posts, one where Boxxy responds to my townread of ssbm_Kyouko in a reasonable way, and another where Boxxy places a vote on Nom for reasons I agree with. This point is not worthy of a scumread on Boxxy IMO.

Boxxy's progression in the quoted posts:

#149: Monkey is a scumread.

#151: trolling is anti-town.

#172: Anti-town is more likely to flip scum. I don't like trolls.

#222: I didn't vote Monkey, but I said I support a policy elim on them.

The only post there that pings me is #222 because Boxxy never said anything about a policy elim earlier. The rest is fine.

Conclusion: There is something to be pinged about Boxxy here, but this is not rush!elim worthy IMO.

I also worry about Monkey here, the way the case is presented is somewhat disingenuous, and you really need to check all references to see it. I know sometimes I make these sorts of cases as town, so idk if this is AI necessarily, but I will definitely be checking all of Monkey's progressions and cases carefully in the future to make sure I agree with Monkey's conclusions (or implied conclusions because they are missing from the posts). Especially without the links, that makes it hard to check Monkey's work here.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Seanzie has also disappeared but had said he was going to read I thought. Same with Boxxy who was going to find the scum on his own wagon.

Pedit: ah he was formatting something colorful
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:26 pm

In post 380, Seanzie wrote:Boxxy's progression in the quoted posts:

You think this is a reasonable progression? He said that he thinks I will flip scum, but recants that he wasn't actually thinking that I was scum — only a troll? And then townleans me out of nowhere?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:28 pm

In post 380, Seanzie wrote:This is an oversimplication of that post. Boxxy said I was reaching, and possibly dishonest. I don't think this is bad from Boxxy since while I had townread ssbm_Kyouko's response to Boxxy's scumread of Monkey, I didn't actually think Boxxy having that scumread was AI, simply that I liked ssbm_Kyouko's thoughts. From Boxxy's perspective, I think them thinking that was reaching and possibly dishonest is reasonable.
So if he thought you were possibly dishonest (possibly scummy, in this game where you're trying to catch liars), why wouldn't he have voted you and instead voted someone who he thought was anti-town? If his "anti-town is scum" reads were only as shallow that immediately he can write it off as a town-lean, why would he vote an anti-town player vs someone who he thought was actually dishonest?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler: monkey quotes
In post 374, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 372, Dwlee99 wrote:My issue before was you just quoted a series of posts and expected me to fit your exact brain spot together by myself which I don't think is reasonable.
Those series of posts were also posts by me that explained those other quotes. I'm gonna guess you didn't even attempt to read it, and I understand.
I did attempt to read it and I'm p sure you just quoted like ten boxxy posts in a row with no comments
In post 376, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Dwlee, you should understand, Seanzie could be scum trying to sympathize with your dislike for my formatting to say that i was scum and to invalidate the case against boxxy. have you considered that?
Did I miss Sean saying you were scum for it? I don't think the way you formatted those posts invalidate the argument so if scum!Sean is trying to do this I feel like it'll be wildly unsuccessful.
In post 379, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Seanzie made a comment that I was hard to follow, even after the point that I've already laid it out.

If you've read my ISO, Dwlee, I've already put words into my stuff before. I've already broken this down. You just missed it.
No, I know you've done it since. My point was that the earlier stuff was hard for me to follow and understand and you're being very stubborn about it and I don't get why.
I prefer they, thanks :)
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:35 pm

In post 384, Dwlee99 wrote:Seanzie could be scum trying to sympathize with your dislike for my formatting to say that i was scum and to invalidate the case against boxxy. have you considered that?
No, I quoted my previous explanations for it as well.
In post 384, Dwlee99 wrote:Did I miss Sean saying you were scum for it? I don't think the way you formatted those posts invalidate the argument so if scum!Sean is trying to do this I feel like it'll be wildly unsuccessful.
You're witnessing it right now. And GOOD that it doesn't invalidate the argument.
In post 384, Dwlee99 wrote:No, I know you've done it since. My point was that the earlier stuff was hard for me to follow and understand and you're being very stubborn about it and I don't get why.
I wasn't being very stubborn about it. I adjusted for you. :P Look at this well formatted post!

How about you? What's your deal here? If nothing, let's be cool and you can be annoyed at me later.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 375, cyrus62 wrote:I voted boxy why is my name not on the box wagon on the vote count
In post 351, OutWorldER wrote:
boxxy (5): nomnomnom, Salsabil Faria, Dwlee99, T3,
cyrus62
| E-2
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by boxxy »

In post 335, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 334, boxxy wrote:@monkey: At the start of the game I feared you were going to post literally nothing like N_M, so yeah I stated my support of a policy lim to hopefully get you posting. Once you started I moved you to slight townlean. I didn't "clear" you, I just removed the only thing that put you in the scum box. I honestly don't get why you find this so objectionable.
Ok so what was so towny about my before #222

was not useless. I never said it was excellent, but it was enough to move you out of the "complete troll" category.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:37 pm

EBWOP
In post 384, Dwlee99 wrote:I did attempt to read it and I'm p sure you just quoted like ten boxxy posts in a row with no comments
No, I quoted my previous explanations for it as well.
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 383, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 380, Seanzie wrote:This is an oversimplication of that post. Boxxy said I was reaching, and possibly dishonest. I don't think this is bad from Boxxy since while I had townread ssbm_Kyouko's response to Boxxy's scumread of Monkey, I didn't actually think Boxxy having that scumread was AI, simply that I liked ssbm_Kyouko's thoughts. From Boxxy's perspective, I think them thinking that was reaching and possibly dishonest is reasonable.
So if he thought you were possibly dishonest (possibly scummy, in this game where you're trying to catch liars), why wouldn't he have voted you
and
instead voted someone who he thought was anti-town?
If his "anti-town is scum" reads were only as shallow that immediately he can write it off as a town-lean, why would he vote an anti-town player vs someone who he thought was
actually dishonest?
You are completely disregarding Boxxy's clear hesitation about me being "possibly dishonest" here. You're either tunneling at this point, or deliberately trying to dishonestly bury Boxxy.

Boxxy had multiple posts that build up to the vote on Nom. Again, Nom's "I have a scumtell on Cyrus, but I'm not going to say it unitl after we elim him" was super shady, and Boxxy has clear progression here that you're ignoring. Can you tell me where he said that Nom is JUST anti-town like you're saying? Because anyone who actually reads will see that Boxxy was pushing Nom about this in a way that suggests a scumread.

You've now pushed Boxxy's read to "actually dishonest". That isn't what he said, and ignores all nuance of the situation. You're misrepping here. Please stop.

Sorry, putting my foot down. I don't even have strong opinions about Boxxy right now, but Monkey's case is BAD, so I feel like I need to defend Boxxy.

Monkey, please stop misrepping, please don't oversimplify. Please stop removing parts of posts that are relevant to what you're quoting as well to tell a narrative that isn't there. You're either full on conf-biasing right now or trying to powerwolf, and I won't stand for either.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm impressed with your formatting. Well done.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

That's for monkey and Sean.
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by boxxy »

monkey you're tunneled bro. You argument continues to be "why did he one person when he also said somebody else could be scummy." From now on I'll try to talk about only one thing at a time so you don't get confused okay?
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 382, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 380, Seanzie wrote:Boxxy's progression in the quoted posts:

You think this is a reasonable progression? He said that he thinks I will flip scum, but recants that he wasn't actually thinking that I was scum — only a troll? And then townleans me out of nowhere?
Why did you leave out the part of this where I actually talk about the progression? You have a helluva lot of agenda about you right now.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:40 pm

In post 387, boxxy wrote: was not useless. I never said it was excellent, but it was enough to move you out of the "complete troll" category.
What?! So people are just townleans for you by default? Because I'm no longer scum for being a troll, so now I must be a townlean right?

PLUS What's not so terrible about 183 in your perspective? What's so inherently townie about this that gives me a slight nudge towards that direction?
In post 183, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Seanzie is not fake helpful, he's just the synonym of frantic (wink wink). They usually have 2-serious-2-soon openings that are meant to be funny in an ironic way or provocative that those unfamiliar would react to them. Right, Seanzie? Confirm if I'm right.
Work with me here.
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:40 pm

Post by boxxy »

In post 336, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 334, boxxy wrote:UNVOTE: for now
Boxxy: There's scum in my wagon!
Nomnomnom is in his wagon.

Boxxy: Unvote for now!
Are you implying nomnomom is scum?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:41 pm

In post 393, Seanzie wrote:Why did you leave out the part of this where I actually talk about the progression? You have a helluva lot of agenda about you right now.
Ahh so you hate me for quoting walls but now I'm FULL of agenda for making my quotes efficient.

You have a helluva lot of agenda about you right now
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:41 pm

In post 395, boxxy wrote:Are you implying nomnomom is scum?
I'm implying nomnomnom was your scumread, and you unvoted her even though you thought there was scum in your wagon
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Seanzie »

In post 392, boxxy wrote:monkey you're tunneled bro. You argument continues to be "why did he one person when he also said somebody else could be scummy." From now on I'll try to talk about only one thing at a time so you don't get confused okay?
FTR, you are definitely not out of the ballpark with me, even if I have shut down some bad casing of you. Monkey's case had issues, but that doesn't clear you.

Tell me about your early Monkey read. Why did you switch from "Monkey scum" to "Monkey is a policy elim" the way you did.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:42 pm

In post 392, boxxy wrote:monkey you're tunneled bro. You argument continues to be "why did he one person when he also said somebody else could be scummy." From now on I'll try to talk about only one thing at a time so you don't get confused okay?
Narrator: That's not monkey's argument at all.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”