Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:36 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 913, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 912, Lukewarm wrote:I have no idea who the scum team is, but I think I would like to flip either hectic or prism, because I am worried about both of those slots, and I think that it would do a lot of good (for me at least) to know that I can trust one of them.
Like I simultaneously think they would be the most dangerous scum players to ignore atm, and I also think that they would do the best job of solving from the ic if they are town.
I still stand by this, and I am really leaning towards voting in {hectic, Prism}, although I am not sure which I like more
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Prism »

While I get that perspective, and really want a strong IC if we're wrong today, chances are we're both town and I think HEM flips scum and we solve that problem for you that way.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:40 am

Post by T3 »

VOTE: child
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:42 am

Post by Prism »

This says nothing about the quality of their reads/strength as a player but given the scarcity of their posting, even under pressure and as an unclear, and that the bulk of their content has come almost entirely in the form of defense I really, really don't want to have them as an IC.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:42 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Maybe I am just really bad at this game, but VOTE: Prism
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:43 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Fidget has been replaced by skitter30, please welcome them!
24 hours has been added to the deadline.
Deadline expires in
(expired on 2021-06-15 02:42:54).
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:43 am

Post by Prism »

I'm unironically fine getting stumped now, I'm not as spiteful as I was back then and feel very, very good about the quality of my reads. I am a lot more concerned about the loss of vote/agency.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:44 am

Post by Prism »

OH THANK GOD THAT CLUTCH REPLACEMENT
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

heya i gotta run some errands but i'll be back later this afternoon
if someone wants to give me a tldr that would be awesome because i'm not really up to speed and deadline is looming
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Prism »

totally unbiased tl;dr vote hem or ydrasse they're both scum

child/t3 are great runnerups due to sparser posting but are absolutely not who we want as an IC if wrong
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:47 am

Post by Prism »

In post 924, Ydrasse wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 743, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Like if people really want to elim me because they think there are no other options it sucks but I don't think I can fight that because I understand we have no time before deadline but I wish I'm given a chance here

As of now, I'm willing to elim between Infinity 324, Fidget, Child of Fairies and maybe maybe maybe Prism. But I'm still not past page 13. Please give me time to be in this game.
In post 756, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i am town prism i promise you
In post 758, humaneatingmonkey wrote:like im still not in the position to tell people who to vote because i don't have firm grasp of the game yet, and i hate that, but i'm not it
In post 762, humaneatingmonkey wrote:like, if i'm gonna choose between limming me and no lim, i will choose no lim because my flip is meaningless anyway
In post 766, humaneatingmonkey wrote:You can be skeptical. It's a fucking promise in a mafia game. I'm just trying really hard to communicate that I'm town right now.

I will resist this lim with all my might and I'm not going down without a fight.
In post 772, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I'm gonna fight this lim. If you're town, stay out of my lim if you're only gonna "compromise". I suggest you look elsewhere and create a counterwagon.

If I'm gonna be limmed today, I'm gonna make it as valuable as possible.
In post 774, humaneatingmonkey wrote:That's fine if you really think that I'm scum, and not just someone you want to elim because it's easier.
In post 775, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Tell me why I'm scum again, Prism
In post 780, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Infinity, your turn. Why am I scum?
In post 786, humaneatingmonkey wrote:But then again you might just be trying to lim me using that exact reason because you're scum here

it's okay. it's not like i'm going anywhere. I'll haunt you.

feel town to me, reread felt like way i acted as scum once so less sure. don't know if the latter means anything since not me.
greatly appreciated, the only question i have about this is what you think about
In post 765, Prism wrote:
In post 877, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Let me sleep clidd. I promise I'm town. If you're town, just give me time to convince you. You have nothing to lose.
This is a quote of yours from a scumgame, so I believe I am right to be skeptical.

I found 3 others for a 2/2 split but both of the more appealing ones were scum-you.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:49 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 933, skitter30 wrote:heya i gotta run some errands but i'll be back later this afternoon
if someone wants to give me a tldr that would be awesome because i'm not really up to speed and deadline is looming
tl;dr, turns out we are in a game with 9 town players, as it is apparently impossible to find scum in any slot.

I personally have a bit of paranoia for both hectic and prism (but not as a pair), but absolutely no one else in the game agrees with me :dead: :dead: :dead:
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:49 am

Post by Ydrasse »

if you vote me just remember i'm not going to be around a lot as a stump, not even out of spite anymore. i just don't have the spoons to play.

some part of me is very spiteful about being misread regardless but, whatever.

p-edit: i dunno, makes me doubt my read on hem i guess. they seem keen on surviving this game which doesn't make as much sense but i dunno, the anger with being miselimmed despite the mechanic resonated with me.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:50 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Vote Count 1.15
[2] Child of Fairies: Hectic, T3
[1] humaneatingmonkey: Prism
[1] Prism: Lukewarm
[0] Hectic:
[0] Infinity 324:
[0] skitter30:
[0] T3:
[0] Ydrasse:
[0] Lukewarm:

Not voting: skitter30, Ydrasse, Child of Fairies, Infinity 324, humaneatingmonkey

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline expires in
(expired on 2021-06-15 02:42:54).

Mod Notes:
- None!
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:52 am

Post by Prism »

In post 937, Ydrasse wrote:if you vote me just remember i'm not going to be around a lot as a stump, not even out of spite anymore. i just don't have the spoons to play.

some part of me is very spiteful about being misread regardless but, whatever.

p-edit: i dunno, makes me doubt my read on hem i guess. they seem keen on surviving this game which doesn't make as much sense but i dunno, the anger with being miselimmed despite the mechanic resonated with me.
I want to make this more enjoyable for you but don't really know how. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but it would make me really happy if you put me on your gigantic muscular shoulders and carried me to a win despite my best efforts.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:53 am

Post by Ydrasse »

my lack of enjoyment is entirely due to oog circumstances right now, so you don't need to apologize. you're just playing the game and i don't have the energy to like, convince you that you're wrong. i don't think you're scum but i also equally think you're predisposed to scumreading me to some degree. i dunno. could be wrong in my assumption. it's just frustrating way more than it normally would be.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:54 am

Post by Prism »

My vote preference would be HEM->Ydrasse->Skitter->Child. Skitter is a townlean but flipping the slot isn't the worst and I'm a lot less confident in being able to sort her longterm+would make a decent IC.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:55 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 912, Lukewarm wrote:I have no idea who the scum team is, but I think I would like to flip either hectic or prism, because I am worried about both of those slots, and I think that it would do a lot of good (for me at least) to know that I can trust one of them.
Imagine playing with skitter while not on a secret alt, feels weird
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:55 am

Post by Prism »

In post 940, Ydrasse wrote:my lack of enjoyment is entirely due to oog circumstances right now, so you don't need to apologize. you're just playing the game and i don't have the energy to like, convince you that you're wrong. i don't think you're scum but i also equally think you're predisposed to scumreading me to some degree. i dunno. could be wrong in my assumption. it's just frustrating way more than it normally would be.
I get why you think that but I would also point out that in BoI, where I went a clean 2/2, I was forced to ignore my second scumread Day 2 in order to optimize the game mechanically and so had to go witchhunting for a backup. I started out this game townleaning you, too.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:56 am

Post by Hectic »

Oops

Lukewarm, I'm interested to hear why you followed me onto Fairy Child if you had the idea you wanted to vote for Hectic/Prism

I think I'd vote monkey if not Fairy Child anyway
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Hectic »

I'm not sure whether to read the desperation and survivalism from monkey as scummy or towny

The more I think about it though, the more I dislike the stance to sheep Infinity/Prism and he's "100%" on those being town, I really don't see how that interaction the two had has to be TvT
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 944, Hectic wrote:Oops

Lukewarm, I'm interested to hear why you followed me onto Fairy Child if you had the idea you wanted to vote for Hectic/Prism

I think I'd vote monkey if not Fairy Child anyway
Was reconsidering my Monkey read, and fell back on my suspicions on Child from 674 / .

Was worried with the deadline, and I also do not think I hold enough thread sway to get people to move over to either of you.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:01 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 920, Prism wrote:
In post 888, Hectic wrote:Fairy Child was very comprehensive and thorough in their responses to both Prism and I, but I find it scum-indicative to have that kind WIM to defend yourself but not put nearly as much effort into discussing other things that doesn't involve defending themselves (earlier in the game)

It's a more defensive mindset which can come from town but also comes from scum a whole lot of the time
I shared this concern with Child, which is why I pushed so much for breadth. I think the explanation in 317 is very plausible from someone with their described experience. I think the reads wall they gave was quite strong looking back at it now, both in context with what was posted at the time (see previous agreement with Infinity's reads) and with their description of my blowup with Infinity that was affirmed later. I don't see any glaringly obvious issues with the responses to the questions posed by yourself and Fidget, even if longwinded. I found 676 pretty town, and while there is some scum incentive to unvote in 716 there also...isn't much to gain, either. It's null at worst IMO.
This is what's swaying me on Fairy Child

If their stated experience is truthful, their play could very easily fit that as town
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 550, Lukewarm wrote:So I think that right now I am at Prism>Johnny>Hectic>>>Everyone else

But then I don't think that Prism and Hectic are partners.

I think that I would like the elimination to be within those three at the moment
I put it out in the thread earlier, but no one seemed to like it
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Hectic »

VOTE: monkey

changed my mind

Return to “Completed Open Games”