Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Gremwell »

Now maybe I'm biased on this but I didn't see Godot's play as all that scummy, yes he flaked out at the end, but that was site wide and I'm not the first to replace in, so thats a null tell.

as for his stance on the name claim early on, I don't see that as overtly scummy, usually the scum are most eager to claim, and at least half of the game came out of the gate with cat puns and everything else.

I think he was hoping to catch one of the few who hadn't claimed in a lie and it didn't quite work as planed.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by sthar8 »

On my way out, but I'll explain why I find godot scummy when I get back.

Cat references was not a choice that charter made.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Gremwell »

it was a post restriction?
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Wolf, your needless defense for kloud is noted

BBM, are you Robin? If so, which Robin?
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Robin, yes. Holy "role pm just says robin", Batman!
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Wolf, your needless defense for kloud is noted

BBM, are you Robin? If so, which Robin?
Needless defense? if you had read the thread you would have known why he posted that message, and your question to him was therefore worthless. I answered a question that should have never been asked is all. :roll:
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Thats not the point. Maybe I knew perfectly what the situation was and asked kloud anyway. Maybe I wanted to see how he reacted to a hostile question that had a seemingly simple answer. Regardless, you still answered a question that wasn't directed at you, despite the fact that he was perfectly capable of answering it.

Back to you Bam. Is your "Holy things are holy, Batman" thing a Post Restriction?
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Holy yes, batman!
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Flameaxe wrote:Praise the lord, for he is our savior!

I need to re-read quickly.
Flameaxe wrote:
charter wrote:My cat sense is tingling, that pretty much settles it, Zoneace is scum.

He wants to lynch me on page 4, and doesn't give a reason, other than "we need to lynch someone".
So why aren't you voting him? Hm?
Flameaxe wrote:I'm home. I'm tired as fuck. I'll get to this as soon as I can stay awake.
Flameaxe wrote:I'm here, still need to read/catch up. Summer assignments + film projects (which was mentioned in GD a while back, if you're wondering) = not a lot of internet time.
Flameaxe wrote:Yes, of course I am. [/sarcasm] But in all seriousness, the middle of the week is pretty hectic for me, and this was no different.

Something as soon as possible.
Funny how King and kloud were punished for breaking their restrictions, and you weren't.

Also funny how "Holy relevant thing goes here, Batman" was Dick Grayson's thing. Who is now Nightwing. Who is dead.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:01 am

Post by wolframnhart »

huh... UA brings up a nice point there...
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:44 am

Post by Flameaxe »

My restriction was lifted the majority of day one, I wasn't told why, but it was.

Holy "my best guess is it was Darla, but I dunno, Batman!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:46 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Intentionally not posting anything related to my required line.

Hi Prozac.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:08 am

Post by KingEnigma »

wasnt punished, went on vacation, think we got our lines crossed.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:13 am

Post by kloud1516 »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:Praise the lord, for he is our savior!

I need to re-read quickly.
Flameaxe wrote:
charter wrote:My cat sense is tingling, that pretty much settles it, Zoneace is scum.

He wants to lynch me on page 4, and doesn't give a reason, other than "we need to lynch someone".
So why aren't you voting him? Hm?
Flameaxe wrote:I'm home. I'm tired as fuck. I'll get to this as soon as I can stay awake.
Flameaxe wrote:I'm here, still need to read/catch up. Summer assignments + film projects (which was mentioned in GD a while back, if you're wondering) = not a lot of internet time.
Flameaxe wrote:Yes, of course I am. [/sarcasm] But in all seriousness, the middle of the week is pretty hectic for me, and this was no different.

Something as soon as possible.
Funny how King and kloud were punished for breaking their restrictions, and you weren't.

Also funny how "Holy relevant thing goes here, Batman" was Dick Grayson's thing. Who is now Nightwing. Who is dead.
Addressing bolded section: This
is
interesting for, it was Dick that used these sort of phrases. Something is not adding up here, so I think I am going to look back and delve further into this, just to see if I find anything that I might have not noticed at the time.

Addressing the first paragraph: I didn't have a PR, but was punished for making a comment about KE breaking his, so this point, while interesting, may be a stretch. Zoneace broke his PR at one point in Day 1 I believe but I don't think he was ever punished for either, just given a warning at the beginning of Day 2.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:35 am

Post by sthar8 »

I'm back from my extended cat nap.

Godot did some seriously scummy things:
1. He was too certain about the "one hero is scum" and "one scum is post restricted" assertions that he made. The only reasons he could be so sure would be a) he's scum or b) he's a lazy thinker. We have no evidence that suggests that character names are in any way linked to alignment, and it's just as possible that our mod randomized names independently of roles, or that he assigned PR's to vanilla townies to spice up their game. The fact that he referred to this unsupported assumption as "logic" feeds both these hypotheses. He also never actually accused anyone on the basis of these assumptions, but he certainly wanted the town to be more aware of the people he was pointing fingers at.

2. He started out supporting the "heroes as mafia" idea, but quickly retracted his support after zoneace expressed disapproval. Note that he didn't suggest the theory initially, which makes sense because he, as both a mafiate and a villain, would not have known that the majority of townies are also villains.

3. He OMGUSsed charter because "speculation never hurt anyone," even though accepting his assertions could clearly have led to several mislynches based on less evidence than normal. He also used an appeal to emotion to vilify charter in the post in which he voted.

4. His whole "Claim. No claim. I will claim. But not yet. Ok now. Hold on. I'll claim if an arbitrary number of people claim before me." routine reeked of scum hoping to find a safeclaim or trick some Power Roles into claiming. I think he was contemplating a false name claim for some reason, but he wanted to know what wouldn't be countered.

5. He suggested an attack on SL without making it himself. Scum would want to avoid being the person pushing a wagon. Then, while defending this action he was very careful to say that while he was impressed by SL's claim, he thought he might still be scum. He gave no real reason for refraining from questioning him.

6. He accused charter of being "too townie." I hope I don't need to explain this.

7. He used the chainsaw defense (sort of) when KE attacked him, in that he was careful to avoid any form of attack on KE when he responded. His response to KE was "your suspicions are justified but invalid" with no explanation of why. This could be buddying with KE, or scum avoiding attacking his partner.

8. Appeal to emotion coupled with his claim. He had no real defense, but he was trying to scare townies off his wagon.

9. He almost continually promises "another post soon," then fails to post anything for 2-4 days. Looks like scum trying to appear active, especially when we consider that many of the posts in question are entirely empty of useful comments.

10. He did almost no scumhunting.

You'll notice that "he got replaced" is not on the list of what I find scummy.

I hate to mimic charter at all, but Godot was consistently scummier than KE, and Grem's done nothing to remedy the situation.
Unvote, Vote: Gremwell
Gremwell wrote:it was a post restriction?
The answer to this should be painfully and blatantly obvious to anyone who can read.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Votecount coming soon. And proddage on Zoneace and KingEnigma probably...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:09 am

Post by ZONEACE »

would it be possible to get an update of the opening post? cause i'm having trouble keeping straight who's replaced who.

Also, KE and sthar8 dying would seem to be something we need to take care of.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:41 am

Post by KingEnigma »

I have said my piece Zoneace, your hellgent on voting for me and thats fine, gut my vote is staying where it is, and i'm 100% sure that it is not going to ge changing, so its me or Godot(gremwell) as far as i'm concerned.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Porochaz »

ZONEACE wrote:would it be possible to get an update of the opening post? cause i'm having trouble keeping straight who's replaced who.
Done
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Gremwell »

I hate to mimic charter at all, but Godot was consistently scummier than KE, and Grem's done nothing to remedy the situation.
Unvote, Vote: Gremwell

The answer to this should be painfully and blatantly obvious to anyone who can read.
clearly you don't hate it all that much

as for the post restriction several of your posts as well as characters do not have any cat references what so ever, so it's not really that obvious.

why was Godot scummy for thinking that a hero and post restricted role could be scum, while several people were speculating that all 3 heroes were scum, and yet you find none of them scummy?
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:40 am

Post by kloud1516 »

sthar8 wrote:
Not necessarily, for references early within the game would say otherwise. ABR's continuous use of Joker references appeared to be a PR, until he was called out about not actually being the Joker. When he was lynched, it was revealed that he indeed had no PR, despite it seeming so.

As Gremwell just pointed out, Charter did not consistently use these phrases, and I don't recall Danger ever doing so either. This fact, in addition to prior knowledge, makes me wary of your statement that charter having a PR "should be painfully obvious."
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:42 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Heh. EBWOP. :roll:

sthar8 wrote:
Not necessarily, for references early within the game would say otherwise. ABR's continuous use of Joker references appeared to be a PR, until he was called out about not actually being the Joker. When he was lynched, it was revealed that he indeed had no PR, despite it seeming so.

As Gremwell just pointed out, Charter did not consistently use these phrases, and I don't recall Danger ever doing so either. This fact, in addition to prior knowledge, makes me wary of your statement that charter having a PR "should be painfully obvious."
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:26 am

Post by sthar8 »

Both charter and Danger have
apologized in thread
for breaking the post restriction. How much more clear could it be?

By the way, I've failed to reference cats or catlike behavior in only one post so far (549). You've failed to fact check, you're deliberately exaggerating, or I'm too subtle for you. Two of these things are scummy.
Kloud wrote:I don't recall Danger ever doing so either
Then your memory is failing you.
Danger wrote:catastrophes
Danger wrote:Tail beetween the legs was my Cat reference and I stand by it! good day sir
Danger wrote:That Cat should learn to cool
Danger wrote:Drat! Cat shit
Danger wrote:and that all that needs to be said.....until..(cat)
Danger wrote:let the cat out the bag
Danger wrote:last cat-istoficpost.
Danger and charter may have both broken the restriction a few times, but both of them noted in-thread that they had done so. Why would three seperate individuals all continue the stupid cat-puns unless they were restricted? If they were scum, what advantage would they gain by deceiving the town into accepting the restriction?

Anticipating an argument that my role would have been punished for breaking the PR, I hasten to point out that KE was not punished, nor was zoneace or flameaxe. And Kloud, you haven't been punished for breaking your recently imposed restriction.

Careful of the PR criticisms, you might just wind up posting in tiny purple spanish or something :wink:

Moving on:
Gremwell wrote:clearly you don't hate it all that much
Was this meant to accomplish anything or is it more of the useless garbage we've been seeing from Godot all game?
Gremwell wrote:why was Godot scummy for thinking that a hero and post restricted role could be scum, while several people were speculating that all 3 heroes were scum, and yet you find none of them scummy?
Did you even read my post? I said that Godot was scummy because he was
too sure
of theories that were only tangentially related to logic, because he used these theories to suggest that others make attacks that he was unwilling to pursue himself, and because his flip-flopping indicated a desire to be perceived as town above a desire to win with town. I
never
said that his theories themselves were scummy.

In addition, I see no parallel between a theory that suggested that two unique subgroups with a high probability of having the same population might be the same group and an assertion that one group would definitely be spread out among several other subgroups. Further, no one suggested that we take any action regarding the first theory, but Godot kept pushing the second theory and continued to announce that members of the subgroups would be higher on his list of suspicions than they otherwise would. I don't think the comparison is valid, or that condemnation of one implies condemnation of the other.

Gremwell, are you going to make a habit of creating false straw men to attack instead of addressing my points?

Zoneace,
I think I've proven that I'm a good deal more logical than charter was. Is there any concern of yours that I can respond to, or are you just going to continue blindly calling for my death like a broken record player?
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Gremwell »

sthar8 wrote:Both charter and Danger have
apologized in thread
for breaking the post restriction. How much more clear could it be?

By the way, I've failed to reference cats or catlike behavior in only one post so far (549). You've failed to fact check, you're deliberately exaggerating, or I'm too subtle for you. Two of these things are scummy.
(549)&(551) and at the time of my post those constituted 2/5 of all your posts, nearly half.

in response to (564)

1.) first you say yourself that this could be attributed to laziness, and secondly it's pure speculation, you say "He also never actually accused anyone on the basis of these assumptions, but he certainly wanted the town to be more aware of the people he was pointing fingers at."

2.) "as both a mafiate and a villain, would not have known that the majority of townies are also villains." anyone who had read the first page would have known that a majority of the game is villains, it states specifically only 3 heroes, and even with all 3 heroes as town the villains would still be the majority of the town.

3.) He states in the post that the theory is WIFOM and as for the appeal to emotion, if you're referring to him calling character petty, I'd say you're exaggerating.

4.) I already addressed this before, also I'll tell you he did not fake claim. This is one thing he did that I can see as being scummy.

5.) suggesting someone could be scum and not voting for them is not scummy, its the same as a fos. This goes to show how little he actually pushed the heroes=scum ideology, he said himself it was pure speculation and his actions reflect that statement, the same goes for the 1 hero and 1 pr = scum.

6-8 I cannot find the posts to reference

9.) this is what I meant by flaked out at the end and was replaced. when someone drops out (and I think it was site wide) it is usually preceded by severely diminished activity and content, aka null tell

10.) several people did less hunting, and everyone contributes differently, perhaps his speculation was his attempt to contribute, but I'm really not hear to defend him.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Umm mod, you have sthar8 as being Crubs replacement, but it should be me
:P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”