Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Prism »

I am incredibly tempted to selfhammer given the mechanics but will hold off.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Prism »

Let me be very explicit.

First, drawing Hectic's attention to the possibility was one of the hardest townclaims I have made in my entire life and seeing Infinity flip which posts were which and go "but what if she sold her own plan out for WIFOM" is incredibly tilting.

Second, I repeatedly tried to end the public conversation around this at least 3 times only to have both of you circle back to it, yet somehow the confusion around it is obviously intentional on my end.

Third, it cannot get more explicit than "I do not think Hectic's reasons for townreading me are correct."
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Prism »

Shocker, nuanced rabbit hole that I know in advance no one but me will actually understand or relate to is exactly that.

It's almost like I tried to avoid this by saying "I don't want to explain this" like ten fucking times instead of just lying and going "I'm just linking scum meta for him to check against" or better yet not linking it at all and calling it a day
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Prism, my intent in explaining my gut reads is to make me easier and more pleasant to play with, not less. If it does the opposite pretend I didn't give a reason for voting you besides gut. I don't know how you play scum and most theories about how you play scum will probably be wrong.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:45 am

Post by Prism »

Literally none of that was even remotely useful or relevant.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:50 am

Post by Prism »

Trying to make me feel better is a gigantic waste of your time.

There are multiple things that are slightly wasteful ranging from 1) Asking yourself if this gutread is even vaguely a good idea based off the intent that was actually behind the post, especially when juxtaposed with Melo 2) Metaing myself or another player, my scumgame has literally not changed in ~6 years go reread Owner's if you want 3) Playing with a fidget spinner
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

It's like, I don't really know how you play scum. I could try to find out but that's not really how I'm interested in spending the next hour or so. Fmpov, why wouldn't you sell your own plan out for WIFOM? Hectic already saw what he thought was a viable scum narrative for you, and I don't see a lot of townies going "hey look this person just revealed their whole scum narrative, I'm gonna vote them now".

As of now I scumread you, and it's your choice whether or not you want to engage me on it. Right now you seem to be engaging me on it and talking about how unpleasant you find that engagement, which is pleasant for neither of us.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:14 am

Post by T3 »

These past few pages have made prism a stronger townread for me.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Prism »

You are asking nothing. You have summarized your read as gut, rejected my pointing out I wanted to make Hectic
more
suspicious, not less, and asked or engaged zero beyond rejecting that explanation as working either way for Prism-scum.

You have spent your time preemptively apologizing for a bad vote on me. It has brought me closer to selfhammering, not further, to the point where it is a question as to whether or not it is intentional as how hard I go on tilt, and my penchant for selfvoting as town, are both publicly known.

Ask me something tangible or stop posting to me, period. If you have an apology or a "Sorry it's gut idk how you play scum it's not intentional" I do not care and I do not want to hear it.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:20 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

UNVOTE:

I don't want you to self-hammer, but I don't owe you shit in terms of asking or engaging you on my scumread.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Prism »

I will not be selfhammering at any point this game.

I would have loved to engage with your scumread on me, but there is nothing to engage with. It is gut reaction to one posting sequence, and clarification as to the real and opposite intent was met with "well works anyway imo". It is empty, and there is nowhere else to go on that front.

You do owe me, and you owe more, buy you cannot pay, as the preemptive apologies/excuses in the event of being wrong over anything worthwhile made clear. You blew up any chance I had of using that interaction to read Hectic as a bonus.

I will wait for others, feel free to take the last word.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'm not going to apologize or make excuses for possibly being wrong. I have enough respect for your scumplay that I think it would be pretty arrogant of me to think that a question I came up with off the top of my head could help me distinguish between your towngame and your scumgame. All I'm asking of you right now is that you accept that I don't know why I scumread you.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

VOTE: prism
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Fidget »

UNVOTE: as I see the E-1 but am not read.

Will check this later tonight.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by Prism »

Cool, this is finally finished.

Hectic, please comment how you thought my aggressive pursuit of a scumread was scum-indicative.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 360, Infinity 324 wrote:That post feels like prism is trying to get hectic to feel the warm fuzzies. Mutual townreads feel really good and scum want to manipulate town into feeling that. Me no like
this post made me chuckle
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i just read like the last two pages so lack of context but

VOTE: infinity
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 360, Infinity 324 wrote:That post feels like prism is trying to get hectic to feel the warm fuzzies. Mutual townreads feel really good and scum want to manipulate town into feeling that. Me no like
In post 364, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: prism

Let's get some competing wagons in here
In post 368, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 365, Prism wrote:This is deeply ironic and you are wildly, wildly offtrack in your interpretation. I think fixing it by being more explicit would be in poor taste.

I would reflect on what Hectic townread about my posts recently, and think carefully about what 363 is suggesting.
To be honest, if you want me to townread you, or not scumread you, you're going to have to lay it out more explicitly because I'm too dumb to understand what you're saying here.

It's possible that my interpretation is very wrong, but I'm ok just following my gut which is going to lead me to scum d1 more often than rand.
bad-posting in conjunction with early game read on prism as pre-emptively town.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 384, Infinity 324 wrote:UNVOTE:

I don't want you to self-hammer, but I don't owe you shit in terms of asking or engaging you on my scumread.
In post 386, Infinity 324 wrote:I'm not going to apologize or make excuses for possibly being wrong. I have enough respect for your scumplay that I think it would be pretty arrogant of me to think that a question I came up with off the top of my head could help me distinguish between your towngame and your scumgame. All I'm asking of you right now is that you accept that I don't know why I scumread you.
In post 387, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: prism
also whatever this was and the sixteen minute gap between revoting.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i'm struggling to figure out why i townread prism but, i do; maybe it's a combination of her reaction to being ran up, or the way she's approaching... breaking down this game? it's hard for me to figure out how to read past the like... tone, or lack thereof since a lot of the fat is cut off. but i like what's going on. i think it's also an uphill battle in this table to push the people that she is and could definitely play 'safer' i.e. just letting the thing with hectic go eventually, commit to keeping tabs on lower content slots.

prism has a good scumgame but it feels like she's just trying to solve instead of manipulate. theoretically her choosing an 'unsafe' route is confidence + threat management but, i don't know.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i think everyone thinks infinity is towny? right now, and i'd like explanations why if people have them.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Prism »

It is worth noting that I indirectly invited a revote in 385, but I did find the delay a bit ?_?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 364, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: prism

Let's get some competing wagons in here
In post 368, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 365, Prism wrote:This is deeply ironic and you are wildly, wildly offtrack in your interpretation. I think fixing it by being more explicit would be in poor taste.

I would reflect on what Hectic townread about my posts recently, and think carefully about what 363 is suggesting.
To be honest, if you want me to townread you, or not scumread you, you're going to have to lay it out more explicitly because I'm too dumb to understand what you're saying here.

It's possible that my interpretation is very wrong, but I'm ok just following my gut which is going to lead me to scum d1 more often than rand.
In post 373, Infinity 324 wrote:To me, if your goal is to push hectic and look towny based in how you back off, a significant part of that would be how hectic views you. And felt like trying to get on good terms with hectic, which is a good way to get him to townread you. Even if you're scum there's a decent chance that in wrong about this, but again I'm ok voting where my gut tells me and seeing what comes out of that.

I'm sorry you got upset
skimming fidget i feel like she's taking stances when it's suitable and sort of pushing and prodding around at everything else which, early on there are only so many things to really *believe* in but it comes across as opportunistic and i don't really get a sense of what she's thinking, even if she's explaining things in thread. it's hollow words to me right now.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 396, Prism wrote:It is worth noting that I indirectly invited a revote in 385, but I did find the delay a bit ?_?
in my head it went

infinity unvote > prism makes boast basically saying "you can't own up to this" > infinity tries to placate > infinity revotes after a pause. why the pause? i don't know what she was reconsidering.

i feel like when your read is a gutread you just slap it back down instead of waiting, or at least make a comment about how you tried to better explain it but she didn't. just tried to keep the pressure going and hoping that it looked good enough.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

like you either say

"i tried to figure it out, but i don't know." or you figure it out and explain for the benefit of interaction, which would be towny reactions. i dunno. i know infinity does play a lot on gut so it's like, is this her towngame where she is gut-reading and going from that or scum emulating it because she has to try and pull off that certain thing she does and using it for self-benefit.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Open Games”