morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 343, mastina wrote:Seven? I'm pretty damn sure there's only six scum in this game.
Third parties are scum until explicitly proven otherwise.

Unless you're claiming town-siding third party, it's 7.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 350, borkjerfkin wrote:pagegotop
Helluva egopost.

#legend

~Recent posts were all Neuter.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by notscience »

I wish that I had
Time of my youth, to F5
Bell and I are lost
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 353, notscience wrote:
I wish that I had
Time of my youth, to F5
Bell and I are lost
youth, wasted on young
Is there significance to
a Bell-mention here?

Do you think you have
towned hard enough at this point
for a morphread: town?
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 339, Chara wrote:hello mastina!

curious about the Titus townping, Fark.
Maybe she does this as scum too, but i think all her posting is protown atm? At least, i think she can spew later by keeping this up
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 351, morph the cat wrote:Unless you're claiming town-siding third party, it's 7.
Oh what the hell I'm probably not any worse off for claiming it since I bet the playerlist would be able to tell I'm not town and would wagon me for that anyway where I'm damned if I do damned if I don't, wagoned for not being town if I don't claim, wagoned for not being town if I do. (Meaning there's a high chance I don't win here even tho I am in fact fully benign.)

I am the third party.

I'm an Arcanist.

My non-SP ability is Charm Eye. I target a player and they are Charmed. (No clue what Charmed means, my role PM doesn't specify.) Charming counts as a form of marking. (And is the only form of marking I have.)

My 1-SP ability is Chain Circle. I bind the target, negating all support done to them--useful for the town if I target scum, but harmful to the town if I target town, because it's by my understanding basically negating buffs to the target. Preventing scum buffs pro-town, preventing town buffs anti-town.

My 2-SP ability is Nerve Circle. I ensnare my target in a circle--anyone targeting that player takes 2 HP in damage. This basically turns my target into a form of PGO. Incredibly pro-town if I target a player scum target as it damages scum. Incredibly anti-town if I target a player town target.

My 3-SP ability is Curse Circle. I curse my target to be unable to be healed by utility abilities. Again, incredibly pro-town if I target scum to stop them from healing, but incredibly anti-town if I target town to stop them from healing.

My fourth ability, Dispel, 2-SP, is dispelling the curse circle. Doing so heals me for 2 HP.

My passive, Enlightenment, makes me gain 1 SP every time I successfully mark someone.

I win when I mark 5 players. (Which means had I gotten a N0 action in I could've won on D5 but now it's pushed back to D6 at the earliest.) A target doesn't need to be alive to count. So basically if nothing causes my marks to fail I automatically would win on D6 if I got five marks off.

But, *shrug*, "mastina just admitted to not being town", "mastina isn't town", "mastina could be lying", "mastina might end the game in a solo win", "mastina could be scum fakeclaiming 3p", etc. Pick your choice in ways where I'm guaranteed to die before I win, likely by the town elimination.

Since I've taken the "oh what the hell" approach of claiming, may as well go on to scumhunting now.
VOTE: morph the cat

Call it gut if you must but the insistence on hunting 3p as scum pinged me as probably being scum. As the third party in question who knew that I wasn't malevolent, the odd obsession with insisting the game had seven scum and hunting for seven scum stuck out as being a scum mindset.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 351, morph the cat wrote:
In post 343, mastina wrote:Seven? I'm pretty damn sure there's only six scum in this game.
Third parties are scum until explicitly proven otherwise.

Unless you're claiming town-siding third party, it's 7.
the fact that it ended up being apparently true is hilarious.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Chara »

man, i wish i had mastina's role.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by morph the cat »

A: I called it.

B: You didn't need to do that.

C: Holy fuck.

d: I need to urgently mod meta now.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Chara »

i do think it's unfortunate if you are telling the truth that you've effectively killed your chances of making wincon so easily, so i have to assume you haven't actually done so and this does in some way further your wincon, whether or not it's a scum or the 3p one. because the alternative makes me kind of sad, it's a cool role and i would've liked to see how it worked in the setup.

thinks about BoI mafia and sighs.......
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Unwnd has town-siding third parties in his mod meta and I was trying to feel you out you REALLY didn't need to claim that here. Now you're gonna go the Oil Tycoons in DBZ route.
In post 0, Perfect Cell wrote:
Welcome one and all to..

The 2189th Cell Games

Spoiler:
Combatants

Dunnstral
ManWithNoName
mastina
Battle Mage
Oil Tycoons (Syryana and Nachomamma8)
Gamma Emerald
Finral
Superbowl9
Firebringer
kookiemonster (JohnnyFarrar and Noraa)
Gypyx
Flea The Magician
Sugar Cain (Momrangal and Nero Cain)
MathBlade

Alive

Dunnstral
Firebringer
kookiemonster (JohnnyFarrar and Noraa
Gypyx

Dead

mastina -
Teen Gohan, Fighter Backup
. (Killed Night 1)
Titus -
Vegeta, Fighter Super-elite
(Self-destructed Day 1)
Oil Tycoons -
Jimmy Firecracker, Normal Human Announcer
(Lost Day 2)

Finral -
Was ???
(Went away Night 2)
Bell -
King Kai, Fighter Supreme Kop
(Succumbed Day 3)
Guillotina -
Bulma, Anti-Fighter Genius
. (Eliminated Day 3)
Battle Mage -
Android 18, Fighter Vanilla
(Killed Night 3)
Superbowl9 -
Chi-Chi, Anti-Fighter Mother
(Eliminated Day 4)
Flea The Magician -
Future Trunks, Fighter Time Protector
(Killed Night 4)
MathBlade -
Ox-King, Anti-Fighter Goon
(Endgamed Day 5).
They had a survivor-esque wincon and could have won with town, but chose to not side with them and died after outing.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by mastina »

For what it's worth tho: I buy that Toogeloo is town here.
I think Farkran is town.
I THINK that jjh is town.
Bingle I lean town on.
I'm rusty on reading Chara but I
think
that this is its towngame.
LLD I owe a pass to regardless of her alignment but I will stick up for her "eliminate the hyperposter" as not being scum-indicative.
TSQ I think is town here.
notscience is a treasure--no read there but I don't want to eliminate notty just due to the smiles notty is giving me.
Dunnstral
could
be scum, but I'm thinking that he's town here.
Titus actually looks incredibly town to me here--the only reason to be had for alarm is that Titus normally doesn't look this town.

Bell: give him more time to post then I will be able to form an opinion but he's null right now. Itself a bit alarming as I'd expect him to be town but not glaring red flags yet.

I get minor scumpings from Anya but that could be playstyle.
Guillotina looks like scum but I'm well aware Guillotina almost always does.
Sigmund seems like a bit of a gimmicky alt but the gimmick looks like scum to me.

I think that's everyone I have thoughts on, should probably go back to form more reads as a show of good faith tho.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by Chara »

i've been burned by supposed townsiding 3ps before so it is interesting to know unwnd has set precedent for it.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 356, mastina wrote:
Spoiler: mastina claim
In post 351, morph the cat wrote:Unless you're claiming town-siding third party, it's 7.
Oh what the hell I'm probably not any worse off for claiming it since I bet the playerlist would be able to tell I'm not town and would wagon me for that anyway where I'm damned if I do damned if I don't, wagoned for not being town if I don't claim, wagoned for not being town if I do. (Meaning there's a high chance I don't win here even tho I am in fact fully benign.)

I am the third party.

I'm an Arcanist.

My non-SP ability is Charm Eye. I target a player and they are Charmed. (No clue what Charmed means, my role PM doesn't specify.) Charming counts as a form of marking. (And is the only form of marking I have.)

My 1-SP ability is Chain Circle. I bind the target, negating all support done to them--useful for the town if I target scum, but harmful to the town if I target town, because it's by my understanding basically negating buffs to the target. Preventing scum buffs pro-town, preventing town buffs anti-town.

My 2-SP ability is Nerve Circle. I ensnare my target in a circle--anyone targeting that player takes 2 HP in damage. This basically turns my target into a form of PGO. Incredibly pro-town if I target a player scum target as it damages scum. Incredibly anti-town if I target a player town target.

My 3-SP ability is Curse Circle. I curse my target to be unable to be healed by utility abilities. Again, incredibly pro-town if I target scum to stop them from healing, but incredibly anti-town if I target town to stop them from healing.

My fourth ability, Dispel, 2-SP, is dispelling the curse circle. Doing so heals me for 2 HP.

My passive, Enlightenment, makes me gain 1 SP every time I successfully mark someone.

I win when I mark 5 players. (Which means had I gotten a N0 action in I could've won on D5 but now it's pushed back to D6 at the earliest.) A target doesn't need to be alive to count. So basically if nothing causes my marks to fail I automatically would win on D6 if I got five marks off.

But, *shrug*, "mastina just admitted to not being town", "mastina isn't town", "mastina could be lying", "mastina might end the game in a solo win", "mastina could be scum fakeclaiming 3p", etc. Pick your choice in ways where I'm guaranteed to die before I win, likely by the town elimination.

Since I've taken the "oh what the hell" approach of claiming, may as well go on to scumhunting now.
VOTE: morph the cat

Call it gut if you must but the insistence on hunting 3p as scum pinged me as probably being scum. As the third party in question who knew that I wasn't malevolent, the odd obsession with insisting the game had seven scum and hunting for seven scum stuck out as being a scum mindset.
lucky(?) for you, THIS head has a soft spot 3rd parties that say they can townside. I don't think you have quite the bizarro meta-memory that I have, but you may recall that from the days of yore.

We're looking for the Oil Tycoons role PM in the DBZ game, but something 3rd Party JOATish sounds familiar.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I found it. They could win either with town as a suvrivor, or as the last player standing. They couldn't win alongside mafia.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

I still stand by we shouldn't have eliminated OT in DBZ. Just sayin.
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by Anya »

VOTE: Guillotina

let's embrace anarchy i've always wanted to abandon all law and order anyway and the honesty shows good intentions
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by morph the cat »

A re-read of the posts and chats Unwnd has made about his moderation style, as well as existing mod meta, has us both fine for letting Mastina be for now.

6 left.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by unwnd »

After talking it through with listmods, I (under the guidance of listmods) have decided to modkill mastina. I may have made a grevious mistake not clarifying that you
cannot quote verbatim
from your role PM. This should be a sacred rule that everyone clearly understands. I do not want to run games like this and have people not respect MS tradition. I will be adding this rule explictly in the OP just so nobody tries this again. I do not want to be harsh, but I have a game to maintain.

--

I would like to carefully go over the offenses with you:

Here is mastina's claim.
My non-SP ability is Charm Eye. I target a player and they are Charmed. (No clue what Charmed means, my role PM doesn't specify.)
Charming counts as a form of marking.
(And is the only form of marking I have.)

My 1-SP ability is Chain Circle. I
bind the target, negating all support done to them--
useful for the town if I target scum, but harmful to the town if I target town, because it's by my understanding basically negating buffs to the target. Preventing scum buffs pro-town, preventing town buffs anti-town.

My 2-SP ability is Nerve Circle. I
ensnare my target in a circle--anyone targeting that player takes 2 HP in damage.
This basically turns my target into a form of PGO. Incredibly pro-town if I target a player scum target as it damages scum. Incredibly anti-town if I target a player town target.

My 3-SP ability is Curse Circle. I curse my target to be
unable to be healed by utility abilities.
Again, incredibly pro-town if I target scum to stop them from healing, but incredibly anti-town if I target town to stop them from healing.

I win when I mark 5 players.
(Which means had I gotten a N0 action in I could've won on D5 but now it's pushed back to D6 at the earliest.)
A target doesn't need to be alive to count.
So basically if nothing causes my marks to fail I automatically would win on D6 if I got five marks off.
Now here is Mastina's role PM. I have omitted any other information that she did not claim, just for security purposes.

Now let me show you how Mastina could've claimed her abilities without verbatim, just as an extra exercise:
I have 5 abilities. They are Charm Eye, Chain Circle, Nerve Circle, Curse Circle, and Dispel. I also have a Passive that lets me gain SP when I mark them. I have to mark a few people (about 5) in order to achieve my wincon.

My Charm Eye does the mark thing which I need to do in order to achieve my wincon.

My other ability is Chain Circle, I can 'bind' someone and that will make support not work on them? Not sure what support means here but I'm just paraphrasing.

My Nerve Circle works where I cast a spell on them so they can't be healed anymore. Could be pro-town?

My Dispel heals me based on my curse circle, so if I target someone with Curse Circle I could heal off of it instead.
Done. Finished. Perfectly reasonable.
Do not quote verbatim.
Be creative in your claims and be considerate of me and everyone else. I do not know if mastina meant to be disrespectful, but I personally took offense by this.

Mastina has been converted to independent survivor and has suffered a fatal heart attack.
The day will resume soon.

Do not discuss this event. Move on as if it never happened. Thank you.
Last edited by unwnd on Fri May 28, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1, unwnd wrote:9. Please keep your posts from reaching spam. Be considerate of how much you are posting. I'll warn you if I think you're overdoing it. If I have to warn you again, it will be a MOD VOTE.
Now that things have run their course, @Lexi:

Mod agrees with you and has your back.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

:(
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by notscience »

Am I true obvtown?
Only time will tell, but still-
I fear no “lion.”
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

sorry unwnd, that really sucks
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

I am caught up to here, my only strong opinion at the moment is a decent town lean on Toog because Toog (in my experience) is good at mech claims as scum and would probably prefer to be flexible instead of instaclaiming. Toog is very good at scum though, so I'm not 100% of the way there.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”