Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

I'm not seeing orangepenguin as scum.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

strife220 wrote:So, you've actually
read
the GreasySpot-IAUN interaction from Day 1 and really think it's distancing? Please go read it again...
It is ting =)'s actions, not Greasy Spot's, that are the reason for my vote, though it should be noted that I don't like some of the things Greasy Spot did either.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Vote Count 18

orangepenguin
- (3) {strife220, silence, Korts}

ting =) - (3) {orangepenguin, The Fonz, StrangerCoug}

Korts - (2) {skitzer, Toaster Strudel}

The Fonz - (1) {ting =)}

Not Voting: {farside22, forbiddanlight}.

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.

As it stands orangepenguin will be lynched at deadline which is in 80 minutes time.

silence has not picked up his prod and will be replaced overnight.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Somebody unvote orangepenguin and/or vote ting =), and fast. I fear a mislynch right now.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

But I don't think either of them are scum :S.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

forbiddanlight wrote:But I don't think either of them are scum :S.
Here's a good reason: I think one of my suspects, strife220, is trying to deflect votes off ting =) and on orangepenguin for very weak reasoning; therefore I think the former two are scumbuddies. ting =) must be dead for that to be proven.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Here's a good reason: I think one of my suspects, strife220, is trying to deflect votes off ting =) and on orangepenguin for very weak reasoning; therefore I think the former two are scumbuddies. ting =) must be dead for that to be proven.
Well, whatever. Since, you are the vig and Ting will die no matter what it seems, and I really don't feel strongly about either case...and I DO want silence dead, I will
Vote Ting =)
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by strife220 »

Sigh. Hope you guys are right. But regardless, I'm appalled at how this lynch actually developed. First it was "well, don't wanna lynch a claimed doc, so might as well vote someone for no good reason!" Then people somehow convinced themselves that Ting must be scum because his predecessor voted scum D1?
Who DO you think is scum?

StrangerCoug wrote:
Didn't you just say you thought I was buddying up to Ting, implying I'm scum and Ting's a townie?

forbiddanlight wrote:

Well, whatever. Since, you are the vig and Ting will die no matter what it seems, and I really don't feel strongly about either case...and I DO want silence dead, I will
Vote Ting =)
Firstly, if OrangePenguin flips scum, I don't think SC will be vigging Ting.
Secondly, I presume you want silence dead because he isn't contributing? Silence has a posting rate of 0.3 posts per day on mafiascum, so his lack of contribution isn't surprising, making it a 100% lurker-lynch. Orangepenguin hasn't been a whole lot better when you read his posts closely. He's much more active on the site but has spent most of his time in this game apologizing for not posting more, making false promises of improved contributions, etc. His only real contribution has been hopping on the mislynch wagons (Blakadder, Muerrto, and I believe now, Ting).

The only thing Ting has done to deserve to be lynched is his predecessor attacked scum early D1 for a poor reason.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

strife220 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Didn't you just say you thought I was buddying up to Ting, implying I'm scum and Ting's a townie?
I do believe that you are buddying to him, however scum doesn't always buddy up to town to get them on their side. You are trying to stall his lynch by having everyone else vote orangepenguin for what I think is 1.) a null tell and 2.) a very weak reason. orangepenguin has clearly stated that he is often lynched for his non-vocal play style regardless of alignment. This is scum-to-scum buddying if you ask me.

My suspicion of you is highly dependent on ting =)'s alignment. Keep that in mind until daybreak tomorrow.

Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Vote Count 19

ting =)
- (4) {orangepenguin, The Fonz, StrangerCoug, forbiddanlight}

orangepenguin - (3) {strife220, silence, Korts}

Korts - (2) {skitzer, Toaster Strudel}

The Fonz - (1) {ting =)}

Not Voting: {farside22}.

With a majority of votes at deadline ting =) is lynched. He was a townie.

The deadline for nightchoices will be 25th September at 3AM GMT.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Rogueben »

There will be a 24 hour extenson to the night. The deadline for choices is now 26th at 3AM GMT.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Rogueben »

As everyone goes to bed in the town, there is a general hope that there can finally be a night of peace and calm. The night progresses and the town sleeps, only to be awoken by another gunshot.

Running out to the street you find the local constable, silence, lying on the ground, shot between the eyes. As the town mourns this unfortunate death a scream comes from down the street. Running in that direction you find a lady standing over a dumpster with a leg hanging out of it. Looking inside you see the body of a local mason, Toaster Strudel. She appears to have been walking home from a masonic meeting when she was beaten until her brains flowed from her head.

The town really needs to do something about these deaths, it is becoming an epidemic.

With 8 left alive it will be 5 to lynch. The deadline for Day 4 will be the 10th of October at 3AM GMT.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:58 am

Post by Korts »

My compliments to the scum. Nice set-up.

farside, what's your take on things?
scumchat never die
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:43 am

Post by strife220 »

5 townies, 3 scum alive = lylo.

Korts, who did you protect last night?
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:58 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

strife220 wrote:5 townies, 3 scum alive = lylo.
Do you believe a massclaim for the five unclaimed roles are in order?

The Fonz: ???
fobiddanlight: ???
farside22: ???
Korts: Doctor
skitzer: Mason (confirmed)
StrangerCoug: Vigilante (confirmed)
strife220: ???
orangepenguin: ???

The fact that I vigged the cop makes me suspect orangepenguin. I killed him for voting orangepenguin out of hypocrisy, and now the case on OP makes sense to me.

If we massclaim, I want orangepenguin to claim first.

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:04 am

Post by Korts »

strife220 wrote:5 townies, 3 scum alive = lylo.

Korts, who did you protect last night?
I protected SC again, seeing as I couldn't protect myself.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:49 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:My compliments to the scum. Nice set-up.

farside, what's your take on things?
Remind me the next time someone ask me to replace that I ask who I'm replacing. Man BM wrote some weird things that just made no sense. I started writing notes about everyone, but after 12 pages I felt my eyes glaze over. So I just started reading everything.
I had one question:
How in the world did Forbidden get ignored after claiming vanilla day 1 at L-3 and never get looked at against. I looked at the fact that she jumped on one bw after another yesterday was the worse.
SC: I understand why you shot silence. His lack of comments and under the radar play didn't help. I am surprised that with Ting coming up town you didn't shot Fonz. I read that argument and felt that Ting had better points then Fonz did. Let me get quotes on this and show you my issues.
I really didn't like strife or forbidden's back and forth on votes yesterday. I feel like one of the two of them is scum that was trying to protect a scum buddy.
I will be back with quotes in a bit.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:54 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

farside22 wrote:SC: I understand why you shot silence. His lack of comments and under the radar play didn't help. I am surprised that with Ting coming up town you didn't shot Fonz. I read that argument and felt that Ting had better points then Fonz did. Let me get quotes on this and show you my issues.
Feel free to spit them out. I found myself thinking The Fonz had better points than ting =), which is why I kept him alive, but I could be wrong.

Oh, and before I forget: orangepenguin, no more appeals to emotion. Actually participate and comment today. Otherwise, this is your last day alive.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:56 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP: Missed this:
farside22 wrote:How in the world did Forbidden get ignored after claiming vanilla day 1 at L-3 and never get looked at against. I looked at the fact that she jumped on one bw after another yesterday was the worse.
Thanks for reminding me. The list at #1264 should read:

The Fonz: ???
fobiddanlight: Vanilla townie
farside22: ???
Korts: Doctor
skitzer: Mason (confirmed)
StrangerCoug: Vigilante (confirmed)
strife220: ???
orangepenguin: ???

There are, therefore, four unclaimed roles, not five.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Please fix my quote tags.

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Korts »

We missed a chance to double-check forbiddanlight, though.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:47 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry this will be a long post.

Forbidden:
First we have the really bad comment:
FoS STrangerCoug. I rather dislike how reluctant you were to get off the mason claimants, and then still trying to make it look like they could be scum. It's been beaten to death, but let's reiterate again. D1 mason claims would be pretty stupid for scum to do. I'm not ready to vote you yet, but should a wagon appear on you, I will sure as hell join it.
Then she states the following:
Well, in case you all DO want to kill me shortly, I might as well point out I'm a vanilla townie. No claim here, continue voting at will. I'm actually quite astounded that that one statement got a wagon on me. To be honest, I was justifying intuition. I don't feel that StrangerCoug is town, but I'm maddeningly incapable of backing that up with much more, hence why I only FoS'd. I didn't want to start the bandwagon because I didn't have any "real" evidence. If a wagon started, my intuition would be more justified, and I also might actually find the reason that I'm suspicious of him, other than what I said. I also think at this point there is probably at least one scum on my wagon (since they should pretty clearly know I'm not scum). Given that, I will vote Vamparific since from what I can tell, he just waltzed in and jumped on the running wagon
So instead of looking for something she will will wait for others to find something scummy and jump on the BW vote?
I will vote Vamparific since from what I can tell, he just waltzed in and jumped on the running wagon. Pretty easy way to hide as everyone was accusing me of attempting to do. I also am supsicious of StrangerCoug, but since that's not likely to go anywhere, let's hit the other one who looks mildly scummy here.
I really dislike this second part of the same post. I mean instead of scum hunting this is the equivilent of lurker lynching. Granted Vamp was not a great player, but there was more going on then just vamp's bad play
Will you keep your vote on me, take it off, spontaneously combust? (scum, please choose the third option). I think it'd be rather helpful to know.

Why did a statement like this never get addressed? I mean this just looks like an attempt to move a wagon onto someone else when you make statements like the above.
Um...that's...pretty ridiculous. The scum know who they aren't. They already know I'm a townie, no matter what I said. And plus, I could be lying about being a townie, and could have a role I'd rather keep hidden. I don't, but it's a possibility. There's also the fact that since it looks like we had a rather fast wagon on me that possibly could have gone to completion, claiming regular townie at least reassures people they aren't killing an aux. Really, I don't see stating "I am a vanilla townie" as a tell either way.

This is bad. If you were a power role claiming Vanilla when you look like you are about to be lynched is bad.

A lot of her post went on how great the case is against Vamp. I thought Vamp played terrible, but it's about as close to lurker lynching. I just can't believe people followed the case when Muertto replaced. Yuck.

Forbidden: Can you explain how what Korts did was rolefishing?

In regards to this quote:
m, wow, ok. Geez...I want to stick on vamp, but I want to vote Korts too...that is blatant rolefishing...but...I feel better about vamp. No reasoning at all. However, HoS:Korts. Even if it's not rolefishing it's pointing something out that can only help the scum. Even if you think it's obvious, you don't come out and say it, because there is always a chance of stupid scum. In fact, isn't this the main argument against me? Revealing I'm a townie lowers the pool of power roles...but saying "Well, you've made it clear you aren't the vig"...doesn't? I think that's nigh hypocritical.
Also lots of back and forth on the stance of role fishing.

Here was forbidden's thoughts on iam
username: I don't like how he questions. He seems to set up questions so that no matter what you say is wrong and it will lead to you being scummy. However, I also can't disagree with results, and personally I'd be interested in seeing how Greasy Spot turns up eventually. He did something odd mentioning strife early game but not armix in which was scummier. I don't feel strongly that he's scum cause of that though...either way, this is about username. To be fair, Korts is right you keep reiterating armix's case, but to be fair, others have either. Given your overall play, and how you are actively scum hunting, I lean town.

Hows that town analysis on Iam looking now in retrospect?
Well FRIDGE. Unvote, vote Tin Vision. He was scummy when I last checked the game, and he hasn't done much to assuage that. Now, moving right along, what the FRIDGE!?
Where did you state this before? I see nothing about seeing TV as scum in your post.

I'm fine with my vote on Tin, but BlakAdder and Korts seem to be good plays as well. Also Muerto, but not as much.
Why do I feel like she keeps changing her mind about Muerrto/Vamp

Well, since it appears more people are interested in a BlakAdder lynch than a Tin Vision lynch, I will unvote, vote BlakAdder. Really, both of them are fine lynches by my sights.

IE: My case is failling lets BW someone else

Tin case doesn't work out with BA as town. Nevermind. Vote Muerrto for the same reasons I've been wanting to lynch his ass all game.
Really? But didn't you kind of flip flop back there a bit on this case. What changed your mind back to him as scum?
Well...crap. Ok then. Unvote. To be honest, I could see a Jordan/BM lynch just as well. IIRC Jordan would pop in every so often with pseudoanalysis and then leave for days at a time :S. Vote: BM
Oh crap I have nothing let me vote for someone that looks good.

Now how did you go from stating this twice:
The favoring Ting from agreeing with Korts? Korts didn't take a side I don't think.
To doing this:
Alright, I'm gonna buffer the doctor. Sorry Ting (I HATE making choices like this , but PR beats potential VT)
BM doesn't have enough votes. I don't think the Fonz does either, and I'm not sure he's the play either :S.

What case did you have of BM and before the Ting vote you thought he had a point.
Yep. I didn't get good vibes from Jordan and BM didn't do anything except coast.

Oh I see lurker vote. Nice. No it's okay why scum hunt? :roll:

Overall I see just someone gliding by. Making a blah case and then doing quick turn arounds over and over. I still can't believe a townie claim just gets glossed by because Vamp play.

Next up will be Fonz.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:50 am

Post by skitzer »

I wanted to try to read this during night, but it phailed. Mis apologios.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:33 am

Post by farside22 »

The Fonz (Enlight_Bystand)

The 3 post from Enlight was very vague. I felt like he talked a lot but said nothing at all.
The Fonz's first big post talks about everything in the game thus far, what I don't like about it is that he too does what Forbidden does which is vote for a lurker. I mean all that comment and the best person to vote on is a lurker?
Just to make clear: I do not think the Blakadder lynch is optimal, but it's fine as a deadline lynch. There is some case against him.
This is a post to say nothing. Oh I think it bad right now, but maybe at deadline. Well how about lynching someone you think is scummy instead.

o.O You said that he never gave reasons, waaaay in day 1, even after he had. I pointed that out - by quoting his reasons.

That's an outright lie. I never said that.
Actually you did state that. Not word for word, but yes you did:
I said he dropped the IAAUN thing without explaining why.
I really suggest everyone reads post: 824
I swear I felt like Fonz was going back and forth and saying nothing at all in this post. Also I don't get why Fonz wasn't satisfied with GS. He keeps using these analogies but people make mistakes. That is what makes us human.

I admit reading Fonz is hard. There are so many big post he makes and it all is against Ting. I would like to here a case against someone beside Ting. He did state at one point:
Willing to switch to strife at deadline. The BM case doesn't seem to be more than 'has gone inactive.' We have another method to deal with that, if you catch my drift.
Okay why Strife?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:33 am

Post by farside22 »

The rest will continue on Monday. Busy weekend ahead.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”