Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Rage »

qwints wrote:2. As I said before, I was afraid I would be lynched before I got the chance to use my one shot ability. So I used it to maximize the chance of a mafia lynch - who I feel is scummy.
Why did you use it on me?

You do realize that I am the only one who has claimed with information against you, right? So, was it coincidence that you chose me as a "servant", even though I myself have power over them (more like passive control, really), or did you choose me so that the players advocating your lynch, which has been spearheaded by me so far, would need one more player?

Either way it doesn't make any sense. The former, because I've already explained it, and the second is an attempt to draw out the day. Or do you have an option 3 that you'd like to enlighten the Town about now?

Vote count
(9 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)
(2) MafiaMann - qwints. Rage
(2) qwints - Mariyta, MafiaMann
(1) thinktank - sekinj

Not voting:
Cass, Gremwell, PimHel, thinktank

Deadline:
Sunday 28 September 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by qwints »

@Rage
Yes, I realize you're the only player that has claimed with information about me. I've never pretended that I chose you at random. I chose you as the one that would maximize the chances of a scum lynch. With all due respect, you are simply wrong about me.

I don't think I could have commanded sekinj, although I might have been able to. Scribe was the obvious choice. Sure, you can command those lower down the chain then you, but I was obviously able to command you. That also means that you are confirmed town.

I had thought that sekinj was scum for reason I had explained earlier, but the defenses from maryitat, who I think is pretty clearly town, and you, who I now know is town, convinced me otherwise. Mafiaman's refusal to elaborate on his role given the information he has already revealed is what makes him my number one suspect.

Let me make this crystal clear, I used my power on rage b/c
1. It was most likely to work on him if he had told the truth
2. I thought he was the most wrong about me
3. This is a critical lynch and I want to maximize our chances of getting scum.

Lastly, in response to the point about drawing out the day - I don't think there's much chance of us going another day without a lynch. I'm sure that most players will vote the most likely suspect when the deadline comes and that they'll shift, as necessary, to lynch the consensus choice. In fact, I think we should all commit to lynching the plurality choice at the deadline.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by sekinj »

I agree with the quintz lynch as well. His arguements jump around everywhere and I don't like the way he always seems to mis-read things. I had to re-convince him after everyone else was satisfied with my role/claim/info and now it seems liek he is doign the same thing to MM. I completely agree that MM wasn't answering questions at first, but this weekend he has answered everything put to him. I just don't understand this quote from q:
quintz wrote:It sounds like you've been over-representing your power. Or maybe you're trying to downplay it now. Why haven't you done anything else since?
I have no disagreement with the last question, and MM has already answered it to my satisfaction. But I don't see what quintz is trying to get at saying MM has over-represented or is now downplaying? I don't see how that fits with MM's play so far.

Plus I really didn't like his reaction to the pressure Rage put on him.

unvote, vote: quintz
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by Rage »

qwints wrote:Let me make this crystal clear, I used my power on rage b/c
1. It was most likely to work on him if he had told the truth
2. I thought he was the most wrong about me
3. This is a critical lynch and I want to maximize our chances of getting scum.
1. Two other players confirmed me, one other confirmed that he got a letter but didn't know who sent it. One of the two players received the same message (sekinj) as the one who claimed not to trust the Scribe (Gremwell), and the last player I've sent a message to (Mariyta) claimed to know who the Scribe was.

1. Three other players could confirm me. One of which knew who I was (Mariyta) and two had a bogus "if you don't acknowledge the Scribe you will die in 2 game Days after the Scribe is lynched".. which didn't actually exist. I just wanted them to say they got a message as soon as they could, and I tried to make sure that no matter their alignment they would say so. Apparently it worked, albeit with a little hinting at Gremwell..
2. Seriously? How could I not be? You claim to have received no letters, then claim that you
could
have gotten a letter, and now you say that I'm wrong about you? Sorry, I still don't buy it.
3. This is pretty close to what I said before about you bussing your partners. In this case, Sekinj, who you deflected to by voting him with crap reasoning when I first presented the information, and then MafiaMann, who still looks like a mislynch in my eyes. Your interrogation of him isn't helping this point either.

By the way, why exactly do you think MafiaMann is scum more than anyone else?
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Rage »

Damnit!.. well, the first '1.' doesn't matter. The second one does.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Rage »

Oh, and ignore the last question. I missed the answer in your post before, qwints.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Rage »

Quad-post = FTW
Rage wrote:The problem is, the only thing you've said regarding my role's information is that it may be corrupt, or have another meaning, but that makes no sense. My Knowledge says that one player, who I've found out means you, has received suspicious letters. Suspicious letters on it's own doesn't seem too strong of a case against someone, but couple this with you responding to it in chronological order with
"Claiming to have no letters, claiming the possibility to have a letter".
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by Cass »

Yes, Qwintz is still not making sense. His one-shot power doesn't add up to me. He can apparently command someone to do something during the day. And not just voting - that's weird. Could there be a connection to the mysterious vote-stealer? That person didn't act last night, right? And maybe I'm missing something, but his claimed powers are pretty weak for a Baroness. I'd think the Baroness would outrank all of us here (assuming the mod is indeed the Baron), so why would her power refer specifically to 'servants'?

He also keeps misinterpreting or misreading stuff and his case on MM somehow feels flimsy (even though I agree that MM is scum).
All this, added to the information that the threat is close to the baron... Rage and Sekinj are close to the baron too, but they're far less scummy.

Vote: Qwintz

I do think Mafiamann is scum too. This might be bussing, this might be mafia vs. SK (I'm using the terms loosely here). But my role pm pretty clearly states that supernatural=bad. There are some flickers of doubt:
- Mostly how he's been relatively open about being a magician, and has to do magic during the day, openly. It is WIFOM though...
- And, as someone else offered, maybe using supernatural powers isn't the same as being supernatural? But that feels too much like outguessing the mod.
Bottom line: with the information I have, I can't possibly give MM the benefit of the doubt. I think Qwints is the beter lynch today, but MM is by no means innocent in my eyes.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Gremwell »

@ Rage: I'd like to clear something up, I posted this before but maybe you missed it. I said that I knew that someone was sending letters, not that I received one. I went on to say that if you did send me one that something was amiss as I did not receive any letters of any kind.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:17 am

Post by sekinj »

maybe there is a letter stealer as well as a vote stealer...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Rage »

Cass wrote:All this, added to the information that the threat is close to the baron... Rage and Sekinj are close to the baron too, but they're far less scummy.
I believe it was early Day 1 that I said this first, but I have said that my flavour text explains that trouble is coming from inside of the Baron's court. Also, you aren't ruling out myself or Sekinj of being scum by saying "far less scummy", are you? By no means am I fully confirmed, I'm just more confirmed than anyone else.. excluding the dead guys.
Gremwell wrote:@ Rage: I'd like to clear something up, I posted this before but maybe you missed it.
I said that I knew that someone was sending letters, not that I received one
. I went on to say that if you did send me one that something was amiss as I did not receive any letters of any kind.
How do you know that?

I thought you received it because 1) on Day 2 you had a bit of a conversation regarding letters with Sekinj, asking her if she had received one on Night 1 2) I sent you a letter on you Night 1

So, I guess I was roleblocked. But I still want to know how you know letters are being sent around.
sekinj wrote:maybe there is a letter stealer as well as a vote stealer...
Or just an outright stealer.. Meh, it's all speculation right now.

And Gremwell brought this up earlier, but has anyone lost their vote today?

@
Everyone
, I think we've exhausted everything we're going to get out of Qwints, except maybe what his flavour text is, so I suggest holding your votes until we're sure that we won't get anything out of the Day, then we can lynch. Who knows, we may discover someone scummier, or someone that should be lynched first, but I just don't think either is going to happen.

Personally, I'd like to here more about MafiaMann's role. A full-claim would not only give us more of a clue about roles in this game (I know mine is a little weird, being able to send messages with whatever I want in them) but it would also give us information regarding Qwints' suspects. So far we know that one of his suspects is the lots-of-information role that we cleared earlier and have mild suspicions on now, or at least I do (talking about Sekinj) and now we have someone who claims to be a power role and has only really hinted at stuff until really pressured.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:19 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Ensorcel: gremwell
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Mariyta »

MafiaMann wrote:
Your options are switching targets or switching places, right? I just want to be absolutely sure.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Rage »

So.. instead of telling us what your role actually does, you decide to use it again? Perhaps Qwints was right!.. although very unlikely right now.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by thinktank »

MafiaMann wrote:
*sigh.

More confusion is not a good thing.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by qwints »

My cards are on the table.
MafiaMann's aren't.

That's all I can say.

Thinktank,gremwell and PimHel you need to pick a side here.

@gremwell, are you saying that you did not get a letter from rage, but that you believe rage's claim anyway?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by sekinj »

For the record, I still think think's play is very suspicious.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Gremwell »

qwints wrote:@gremwell, are you saying that you did not get a letter from rage, but that you believe rage's claim anyway?
this is exactly what I am saying

@rage: the reason I know has to do with my role
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Post by Cass »

@Gremwell & Rage & Mafiamann: MM switched Rage with Sekinj night 1 (or so he claims). Could that explain Gremwell not receiving the letter? MM said 'switch targets', could that mean he switched Sekinj's target with Rage's target? (Causing, in this case, if everyone is honest, no nightactions from either of these two.) Or did Rage's letter end up with someone else because of this?

See, Mafiaman, this is why you need to clear up your claim... It is confusing and some explanation could clear people (or the opposite of course!).
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:07 am

Post by PimHel »

qwints, I'll wait for MM's response.
Also you can expect a post with content tomorrow from me :). This game deserves more than I'm giving to it.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Rage »

I'm also going to wait for MafiaMann's response, because giving any speculation may give him unnecessary wiggle room for his claim.

But, I want to add to the incentive for him to claim.

@MafiaMann, the longer you hold out information, the closer we are to a deadline. Anyone who wants to give the Town less time is scummy. Please don't prove Qwints right (sorry, Qwints!).
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:16 am

Post by thinktank »

Rage wrote:I'm also going to wait for MafiaMann's response, because giving any speculation may give him unnecessary wiggle room for his claim.

But, I want to add to the incentive for him to claim.

@MafiaMann, the longer you hold out information, the closer we are to a deadline. Anyone who wants to give the Town less time is scummy. Please don't prove Qwints right (sorry, Qwints!).
QFT.

Well said.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Rage »

What does QFT mean?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Rage wrote:What does QFT mean?
Quoted for truth.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by sekinj »

Rage wrote:What does QFT mean?
I thought it was Quite Fucking True... :P but maybe I just made that up...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”