Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Ramus »

Sorry for typo above, switch the refrain from voting comment on Tuber and iLord. iLord is at L-2 and Tuber is being overly offensive.
[size=150][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1338652#1338652]Join the Paranoia Game![/url][/size]
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by andersonw »

Ramus wrote:iLord already had 2 votes before you voted for him, Tuberkulos, so that last point is invalid.
iLord had 0 votes, wasn't Tuberkulos's was the first vote on iLord?
Ramus wrote:iLord is at L-2
Umm... it's 7 to lynch, so even if iLord had 2 votes and Tuberkulos voted for him, it would still be L-4.
Ramus wrote:Therefore, I'd shoot for having as much discussion (read: chaos and pointing fingers) as possible the first day and avoid ending it too soon. This way we at least get plenty of information.
I agree with this, though (but the discussion doesn't need to be all chaos and pointing fingers).

Also, iLord seems to be quite a bit more offensive than Tuberkulos right now.

@Tuberkulos: please answer my question I stated in my last post: why did you vote for iLord, was it because he voted for you?
Another question: Do you think early bandwagons are a good thing?
Also, responding to your post 48, like Ramus said, we shouldn't lynch someone quick on day 1, since we can get discussion that can help on future days.

@roffman: Do you agree with iLord that you were "eager to start the day"?

@iLord: from my point of view, roffman actually likes early bandwagons, based on his posts so far.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Oh hang on, Tuber is newbie. That really messes up my read on him. The scummy things he's done can also be passed off as newb town thus rendering them null.

Especially the OMGUS, that's classic newb town.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by Claus »

The Throne room of Oslavanthez.

To the left. You can also see part of the jail and some offices and workshops.

Vote Count!

Timeater 2 - Andersonw, roffman
Tuberkulos 2 - Pesco47, iLord
Roffman 1 - Timeater
andersonw 1 - Mariyta
CoheedCambria 1 - Verbal
Verbal 1 - CoheedCambria
iLord 1 - Tuberkulos

Not Voting

Netman, Ramus, Reborn,

With 12 creatures alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by roffman »

@andersonw: I'm generally very eager to "start the day" as you put it. I find the random voting stage is just a point to pick your favorite wagon. Also, i only like bandwagons on day one as it is easy to find happy jumpers and followers, which is highly scummy. After day 1 though, wagons easily get out of hand and don't serve as much purpose.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by Pesco47 »

Hang on right there, reborn. Just because a title says newbie, it means nothing and can not be used to justify a suspicious action. Are you also going to give me a free pass?

I could say you're scum because you're not a newb and pushing for faulty logic.
FoS reborn
, upgradable to a vote once Tuber clears up the OMGUS.
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

@ andersonw:
I voted iLord because his argument made no sence to me.

First he said that roffman's vote was a joke. I can't see where roffman have stated such a thing.

2. He changes his mind and says that "joke" was the wrong word, claiming that he meaned that roffman (and ramus) was just eager to start the day.

Joking and "eagerness" are (to me) two different things... I did not vote iLord for him voting me, but for his reasons for voting me.

@ reborn537:
Yes, I'm a newb on this forum. But I've played several mafia games on other forums.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:33 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

I'll just answer one of the questions stated earlier to get my opinion out there

I only think early bandwagons are good when the bandwagon-e did or said something very scummy, which in the case going on right now, I don't think anybody warrents being bandwagoned....yet, pending further statements and answers.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Ramus »

Oh geez, I feel like an idiot after reading my last post. Sorry about that, I was up rather late and not thinking straight. Anyway, to the topic at hand.
reborn537 wrote:Oh hang on, Tuber is newbie. That really messes up my read on him. The scummy things he's done can also be passed off as newb town thus rendering them null.

So, can I ask what behavior differences you find between newbs and inexperienced challenged? I currently find it a bit unclear of where you stand on that right now.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:08 am

Post by reborn537 »

Newbies haven't had the caution and conventions stamped into them yet, therefore any "slip" might not be a slip, any scum-tell might not be a scum-tell.

But apparently he's played online before, so I guess this isn't relevent.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Timeater »

Tim was delicious. :O
watch for the eggshells
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Ramus »

So essentially a get out of jail free card?
Timeater wrote:Tim was delicious. :O
*Shoves a stopper down Timeater's mouth*
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by iLord »

I've been gone for a bit - catching up. Yeah.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Timeater »

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Roffman is totally scum. How do I know? I'm pyschic.
watch for the eggshells
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by roffman »

huh, what?
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by andersonw »

reborn537 wrote:Newbies haven't had the caution and conventions stamped into them yet, therefore any "slip" might not be a slip, any scum-tell might not be a scum-tell.

But apparently he's played online before, so I guess this isn't relevent.
I think this is a reasonable explanation for your post 52, but I agree with Pesco that you shouldn't judge someone just because they have a newbie title. And there is such thing as someone "playing the newbie card".
Timeater wrote: Roffman is totally scum. How do I know? I'm pyschic.
Great job spelling "psychic" right. :roll:

iLord: waiting for you to respond to previous posts.
Also, what is your definition of a "bandwagon"?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Timeater »

yeesh I know how its spelled! Typo!
watch for the eggshells
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:26 am

Post by iLord »

asdfasdf
Tuber wrote:@ iLord: Ok, so if I got this strait; According to you, I just wants a random lynch, even though I stated that I thought roffman's "eagerness" was a bit suspicious. As I see it, atleast I had a more reasonable basis (a hunch if you like) for my vote than both Ramus and Roffman.

Besides, if I wanted to lynch someone quick, I would stay with Roffman since he already has two votes and you none.
You want to lynch a random townie. Scum want to lynch anyone except for themselves.

You didn't explain how eagerness could be a scum tell. Ramus isn't voting and Roffman's vote was a joke.

The third point is WIFOM at it's finest.
Ramus wrote:Meantime, iLord votes Tuber for bandwagoning just for the sake of it despite the fact that Tuber says that he was trying to get discussion going. Also, the chances of us hitting scum the first day are very low. Therefore, I'd shoot for having as much discussion (read: chaos and pointing fingers) as possible the first day and avoid ending it too soon. This way we at least get plenty of information.
Tuber's word means little - scum are not going to admit that they are scum.
Ramus wrote:So, I think I will refrain from voting either right now since Tuber is at L-2 and I don't need an idiot to end the day early and iLord doesn't so much strike me as scummy as just offensive playing townie. Anyway, I'm just going to shoot for the fact that iLord is being overly eager and trying to get Tuber to cough up some evidence and that Tuber is also being overly eager, attempting to get discussion going with bandwagoning.

Also: Reborn, read the topic and find out for yourself.
Never vote just for the sake of getting discussion going. Vote because you think you found scum.
AW wrote:@iLord: from my point of view, roffman actually likes early bandwagons, based on his posts so far.
Exactly.

Tuber sees that Roffman wants to be voted, and sees the oppertunity as a easy bandwagon.
Reborn wrote:Oh hang on, Tuber is newbie. That really messes up my read on him. The scummy things he's done can also be passed off as newb town thus rendering them null.

Ah, but the oppertunism is a very classic newb scum.

OMGUS is a neutral newb tell, in my opinion. Scum do it just as much as townies.
AW wrote:Also, what is your definition of a "bandwagon"?
That's an odd question.

A "bandwagon" is pretty loose.

"Banwagoning" means going along with everyone else. So, a "bandwagon" would mean a case full of bandwagoners.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:00 am

Post by Claus »

Netman has not responded to his prod a few days ago. Cyberbob replaces Netman, effective immediately.

Further prodding will be conducted tomorrow. Stay tuned! :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:05 am

Post by Cyberbob »

hay guise

I'll get cracking on posting some thoughts; shouldn't take too long given the length of the game so far. :P
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Ramus »

iLord wrote:
Ramus wrote:Meantime, iLord votes Tuber for bandwagoning just for the sake of it despite the fact that Tuber says that he was trying to get discussion going. Also, the chances of us hitting scum the first day are very low. Therefore, I'd shoot for having as much discussion (read: chaos and pointing fingers) as possible the first day and avoid ending it too soon. This way we at least get plenty of information.
Tuber's word means little - scum are not going to admit that they are scum.
So? It doesn't stop scum from doing something stupid and slipping up. The more we talk, the better chance we have of scum slipping up.
Ramus wrote:So, I think I will refrain from voting either right now since Tuber is at L-2 and I don't need an idiot to end the day early and iLord doesn't so much strike me as scummy as just offensive playing townie. Anyway, I'm just going to shoot for the fact that iLord is being overly eager and trying to get Tuber to cough up some evidence and that Tuber is also being overly eager, attempting to get discussion going with bandwagoning.

Also: Reborn, read the topic and find out for yourself.
Never vote just for the sake of getting discussion going. Vote because you think you found scum.
Actually, no. If I vote, it's because I think I found a lead. Therefore, by voting on that lead, I might find more information and be able to pick up another lead or get closer to finding scum.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:47 am

Post by iLord »

Ramus wrote:So? It doesn't stop scum from doing something stupid and slipping up. The more we talk, the better chance we have of scum slipping up.
I agree with this. I believe Tuber has slipped up.

What are we arguing about?
Ramus wrote:Actually, no. If I vote, it's because I think I found a lead. Therefore, by voting on that lead, I might find more information and be able to pick up another lead or get closer to finding scum.
I was explaining my vote - Tuber tried to vote just "to get the discussion going."
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Ramus »

iLord wrote:What are we arguing about?
Good question. I'll get back to you on that later.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by andersonw »

iLord: So, do you think roffman was bandwagoning when he also voted for Timeater at the beginning? Based on your definition of a bandwagon, roffman was going along with me when he voted for Timeater, so would that be a bandwagon? Please explain.
Also, I'll respond to your post 67 tomorrow (have too much homework tonight, and my brain is fried from writing like 3 essays)

Ramus: What is your stance on early bandwagons? You said before that they end the day early, but to me, that's not true since a bandwagon is not equal to a lynch.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by iLord »

AW wrote:iLord: So, do you think roffman was bandwagoning when he also voted for Timeater at the beginning? Based on your definition of a bandwagon, roffman was going along with me when he voted for Timeater, so would that be a bandwagon? Please explain.
Yes, it would be a bandwagon.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”