Micro 1002: Dark Waltz III - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:36 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 321, OkaPoka wrote:okay here's my tentative groupings, i expect much commotion as a result

deathpool:
koba, mom, aaron

group2:
okapoka, harley, sans

group3:
ydrasse, unwnd, hatters

pedit: xd
I would be alright with this
Stop
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Momrangal »

Lowkey, I feel pretty attacked.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:50 am

Post by unwnd »

You shouldn't feel that way, my comment extends to the other groupings as well
Stop
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 318, OkaPoka wrote:as long as we are all here, the ability to form dances should be pretty quick once we get the three death pool down. like i already have a general sense in how all three trios should be worked using the format

group 1:
bad slot1/bad slot2/bad slot3
group 2:
babysitter1/babysitter2/wildcard
group 3:
babysitter3/babysitter4/wildcard
In post 319, OkaPoka wrote:potential babysitters if not in deathpool:
okapoka, harley, ydrasse, unwnd

potential wildcards if not in deathpool:
koba, aaron

honestly ??? if not in deathpool
sans, mom, hatters
In post 321, OkaPoka wrote:okay here's my tentative groupings, i expect much commotion as a result

deathpool:
koba, mom, aaron

group2:
okapoka, harley, sans

group3:
ydrasse, unwnd, hatters

@Oka can you walk me through how you got from point A to point C because not seeing it?
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:51 am

Post by Momrangal »

In post 301, Sans Undertale wrote:other than the initial reasons i gave, she's made no reaction to push in terms of trying to solve my alignment - no comment on me and whether my push makes me scummy or towny
I haven't had much time to do much of anything, first of all and second, I am much more concerned with people I can feel I am able to read over others. Why are you such a special person when you've made it clear that "I don't know who you are"?
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Momrangal »

I definite agree on trying to find three scum for everyone to try and eliminate. I disagree with the notion, and find myself at odds with Oka taking the leadership position here. it's easy to manipulate the game state to turn things towards his favor. I don't think anyone should blindly agree because it would be easy for town and scum to take charge in this set up, and imo scum taking charge could easily lead to a d1 loss
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

@Oka if you think that sans and Hatters are wildcards shouldn’t one of unwnd/Ydrasee be in a group with us? I obviously don’t understand the setup but wouldn’t you want wildcards in a different group than the babysitters?
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:03 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 328, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 318, OkaPoka wrote:as long as we are all here, the ability to form dances should be pretty quick once we get the three death pool down. like i already have a general sense in how all three trios should be worked using the format

group 1:
group 2:
group 3:

koba, aaron

sans, mom, hatters

deathpool:
koba, mom, aaron

group2:
okapoka, harley, sans

group3:
ydrasse, unwnd, hatters

@Oka can you walk me through how you got from point A to point C because not seeing it?
the general idea of how the setup should be played is we use today to force the three scummiest players inside one grouping to vote out right? so that's the deathpool.
now in order to force this deathpool to actually happen and without any chance of sabotage, we essentially need to stack the deck on the other two trios in order to basically "force" the deathpool elimination. like an insurance policy. so the "babysitters" are people i would trust to carry out the votes in their respective groupings and force the deathpool lim to always go through. the "wildcards" are people i suspect might be vulnerable to a change of heart and cause a lot of unnecessary chaos. the ??? are people im not sure if they can be a babysitter or will they be a wildcard, if it comes down to it though, better have them take a role as a babysitter than a wildcard you know.

then finally the groupings are just an example of how id put everything together if we made pairs right now.

koba/mom are my two top scumreads and aaron im just like ??? on so that's my deathpool.

then group 2 is you and me as the babysitters to force the deathpool lim. sans/hectic might pull some shenanigans so im just insuring that doesn't happen.

group 3 has ydrasse and unwnd as babysitters to force the deathpool lim. hatters is a complete question mark so im just insuring if they are going to pull something weird, it won't happen.

then some other considerations is im trying to limit the effect the groupings are going to have on any reads because i feel in general hoods have a lot more value as scum as a pocketing tool than for town as a reads tool esp when we can talk in main thread for the actual dance. i feel like splittting hectic and ydrasse apart could be wise because they probably both have an understanding of each other that can result in pocketing. also i feel like unwnd, although a babysitter, does need a reasonable voice to make sure they follow through and ydrasse has shown a strong understanding of the plan and is able to communicate it in a non hostile way whilst i might be uhh, more grumpy about it. then there is you harley, if im right on your main then scum really wants to pocket you if you are town, and since i don't believe in hoods i am an insurance against a pocketing attempt.
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 330, Momrangal wrote:I definite agree on trying to find three scum for everyone to try and eliminate. I disagree with the notion, and find myself at odds with Oka taking the leadership position here. it's easy to manipulate the game state to turn things towards his favor. I don't think anyone should blindly agree because it would be easy for town and scum to take charge in this set up, and imo scum taking charge could easily lead to a d1 loss
I agree we shouldn’t rush any of this. I think perhaps we should treat this game like Coalition and make heal/hurt tags to reveal who we’d all prefer to be paired with and this way, we have juicy associatives once the actual teams are decided once we get a scumflip.

Because if we don’t do that first, flips won’t really tell us much of anything.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:06 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 331, Harley Quinn wrote:@Oka if you think that sans and Hatters are wildcards shouldn’t one of unwnd/Ydrasee be in a group with us? I obviously don’t understand the setup but wouldn’t you want wildcards in a different group than the babysitters?
oh you are worried about suicides

this is definitely a reasonable concern to have, but i think as long as the deathpool is built strong enough and their respective groupings are town enough, it shouldn't happen. im more concerned about any possible change of hearts where wildcards might want to flip their vote to another grouping.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:08 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 330, Momrangal wrote:I definite agree on trying to find three scum for everyone to try and eliminate. I disagree with the notion, and find myself at odds with Oka taking the leadership position here. it's easy to manipulate the game state to turn things towards his favor. I don't think anyone should blindly agree because it would be easy for town and scum to take charge in this set up, and imo scum taking charge could easily lead to a d1 loss
do you oppose me because you think im scum or because you are in the deathpool?
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

Spoiler:
In post 332, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 328, Harley Quinn wrote:

group 1:
group 2:
group 3:

koba, aaron

sans, mom, hatters

deathpool:
koba, mom, aaron

group2:
okapoka, harley, sans

group3:
ydrasse, unwnd, hatters

the general idea of how the setup should be played is we use today to force the three scummiest players inside one grouping to vote out right? so that's the deathpool.
now in order to force this deathpool to actually happen and without any chance of sabotage, we essentially need to stack the deck on the other two trios in order to basically "force" the deathpool elimination. like an insurance policy. so the "babysitters" are people i would trust to carry out the votes in their respective groupings and force the deathpool lim to always go through. the "wildcards" are people i suspect might be vulnerable to a change of heart and cause a lot of unnecessary chaos. the ??? are people im not sure if they can be a babysitter or will they be a wildcard, if it comes down to it though, better have them take a role as a babysitter than a wildcard you know.

then finally the groupings are just an example of how id put everything together if we made pairs right now.

koba/mom are my two top scumreads and aaron im just like ??? on so that's my deathpool.

then group 2 is you and me as the babysitters to force the deathpool lim. sans/hectic might pull some shenanigans so im just insuring that doesn't happen.

group 3 has ydrasse and unwnd as babysitters to force the deathpool lim. hatters is a complete question mark so im just insuring if they are going to pull something weird, it won't happen.

then some other considerations is im trying to limit the effect the groupings are going to have on any reads because i feel in general hoods have a lot more value as scum as a pocketing tool than for town as a reads tool esp when we can talk in main thread for the actual dance. i feel like splittting hectic and ydrasse apart could be wise because they probably both have an understanding of each other that can result in pocketing. also i feel like unwnd, although a babysitter, does need a reasonable voice to make sure they follow through and ydrasse has shown a strong understanding of the plan and is able to communicate it in a non hostile way whilst i might be uhh, more grumpy about it. then there is you harley, if im right on your main then scum really wants to pocket you if you are town, and since i don't believe in hoods i am an insurance against a pocketing attempt.

Oh okay I see but what about my idea about players doing the heal/hurt thing? I think associatives can tell you a lot. We probably should have actually done this first because obviously now, no one will of course want to be in the designated condemned group, so it probably won’t work anymore. :/
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:13 am

Post by OkaPoka »

healing/hurting works too yeah, basically any form of presenting your reads is acceptable even if ur going to do it in an rp fashion like hatters
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Momrangal »

If I'm being honest, you're null than scum, but I also don't think i really belong in the death pool either

Pedit: I definitely like that idea better
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:14 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 338, Momrangal wrote:If I'm being honest, you're null than scum, but I also don't think i really belong in the death pool either

Pedit: I definitely like that idea better
you think that scumreading/pushing you here is bad? do you think you've played a townie game so far?
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them/Theirs

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Mad Hatters Tea Party »

In post 317, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 312, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:Hmm, a brief read of what has transpired and led me to a number of conclusions. OkaPoka is welcome at my table, as is Ydrasse. Mother Dearest needs to be much muchier. DkKoba has my love and support in their ongoing unfortunatlities, however, can remain within the dark pool, should they wish to be a hero then they will have ample opportunity. Aaron has a sense of the ruin upon them. I would offer Sans a seat at the table, however, some may have a bone to pick.
why am i welcome at your table? you're one of the people i'd put in the group to be elimmed rn so what do you find towny about me?
Begging your pardon miss, but my read upon you is not based upon your read upon me. I find your overall carefree and enjoyable nature to be genuine and without ulterior motive.

koba, aaron

sans, mom, hatters
I would consider myself much more of a wildcard. It's generally considered unwise to give a child tea.
With that in consideration and your post following up your explanations, you will find I am most agreeable in terms of votes. I am no so easily swayed in my desires tae see dae ruuin o dae bluudy big haed.
For what it is worth, I have no intention of playing the hero, that is a job for Alice, not I. I simply make the hats, and pour the tea.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
totally not a stealth alt
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:22 am

Post by OkaPoka »

that's good to hear.

hatters what are your thoughts in my tentative groupings? any changes you'd make or?
Aaron
Aaron
Goon
Aaron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Aaron »

HURT: poka poka
HURT: harley quinn
HEAL: ydrasse
HEAL: momrangal
HEAL: dkkoba
Aaron
Aaron
Goon
Aaron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Aaron »

I would never dance with an bird without fashion.
Aaron
Aaron
Goon
Aaron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:25 am

Post by Aaron »

[null]sans[/null]
[null]mad hatters[/null]
Aaron
Aaron
Goon
Aaron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Aaron »

[null]unwnd[/null]
Aaron
Aaron
Goon
Aaron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Aaron »

Aaron
Ydrasse
Dkkoba
Momrangal
Unwnd
Sans
Mad hatters
Harley
Poka poka
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:28 am

Post by unwnd »

I have too many nulls to commit to a readslist, which slightly tilts me
Stop
Aaron
Aaron
Goon
Aaron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Aaron »

Don't worry my dear. I know these forests like the back of my hand.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:32 am

Post by OkaPoka »

@aaron

elaborate on some of those reads? preferably any that you feel good about?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”