Micro 1000: Names on the List v1.01 [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.04

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-03-28 03:30:00).

execution
mozamis [3]:
bugspray, The Bulge, Mad Hatters Tea Party
The Bulge [2]:
DkKoba, Michael Scott
Ythan [1]:
mozamis
Not_Mafia [1]:
Not_Mafia
Mad Hatters Tea Party [1]:
Ythan
Michael Scott [1]:
Dunnstral

not voting [0]:

game state
parity:

~ mafia members alive: three (3)
~
doom counter
: zero (0)
~ town will be endgamed once they are brought down to
three (3)
members.

previously published lists:

~ none

mod notes~ 24 hour posting period will be resetting at 3:30am CET.
~ not_mafia has used 6/20 reserve posts.
Last edited by Datisi on Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 125, Datisi wrote:vc
ok nerd
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:14 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 123, DkKoba wrote:wants it more. short term for effort. u effort more as scum and its basically ur meta in terms of town vs scum and its what i go by here. if u wanna link me to a game where u try hard as town go ahead but i dont think u rly do.
i try hard every game but the ways i go about accomplishing my goals change depending on the game but sometimes i just dont get the motivationg

also look at some of my scum games where i basically make a few lazy posts every few days
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:14 am

Post by bugspray »

also consider that im fucking looking way more active just because the rules disallow hyperpost

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:16 am

Post by DkKoba »

ok but link me a town game where u try a similar amount as this game cuz ..... i dont think it exists lol
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:14 am

Post by Michael Scott »

I was shooting heroin and reading “The Fountainhead” in the front seat of my privately owned police cruiser when a call came in. I put a quarter in the radio to activate it. It was the chief.

“Bad news, detective. We got a situation.”

“What? Is the mayor trying to ban trans fats again?”

“Worse. Somebody just stole four hundred and forty-seven million dollars’ worth of bitcoins.”

The heroin needle practically fell out of my arm. “What kind of monster would do something like that? Bitcoins are the ultimate currency: virtual, anonymous, stateless. They represent true economic freedom, not subject to arbitrary manipulation by any government. Do we have any leads?”

“Not yet. But mark my words: we’re going to figure out who did this and we’re going to take them down … provided someone pays us a fair market rate to do so.”

“Easy, chief,” I said. “Any rate the market offers is, by definition, fair.”

He laughed. “That’s why you’re the best I got, Lisowski. Now you get out there and find those bitcoins.”

“Don’t worry,” I said. “I’m on it.”

I put a quarter in the siren. Ten minutes later, I was on the scene. It was a normal office building, strangled on all sides by public sidewalks. I hopped over them and went inside.

“Home Depot™ Presents the Police!®” I said, flashing my badge and my gun and a small picture of Ron Paul. “Nobody move unless you want to!” They didn’t.

“Now, which one of you punks is going to pay me to investigate this crime?” No one spoke up.

“Come on,” I said. “Don’t you all understand that the protection of private property is the foundation of all personal liberty?”

It didn’t seem like they did.

“Seriously, guys. Without a strong economic motivator, I’m just going to stand here and not solve this case. Cash is fine, but I prefer being paid in gold bullion or autographed Penn Jillette posters.”

Nothing. These people were stonewalling me. It almost seemed like they didn’t care that a fortune in computer money invented to buy drugs was missing.

I figured I could wait them out. I lit several cigarettes indoors. A pregnant lady coughed, and I told her that secondhand smoke is a myth. Just then, a man in glasses made a break for it.

“Subway™ Eat Fresh and Freeze, Scumbag!®” I yelled.

Too late. He was already out the front door. I went after him.

“Stop right there!” I yelled as I ran. He was faster than me because I always try to avoid stepping on public sidewalks. Our country needs a private-sidewalk voucher system, but, thanks to the incestuous interplay between our corrupt federal government and the public-sidewalk lobby, it will never happen.

I was losing him. “Listen, I’ll pay you to stop!” I yelled. “What would you consider an appropriate price point for stopping? I’ll offer you a thirteenth of an ounce of gold and a gently worn ‘Bob Barr ‘08’ extra-large long-sleeved men’s T-shirt!”

He turned. In his hand was a revolver that the Constitution said he had every right to own. He fired at me and missed. I pulled my own gun, put a quarter in it, and fired back. The bullet lodged in a U.S.P.S. mailbox less than a foot from his head. I shot the mailbox again, on purpose.

“All right, all right!” the man yelled, throwing down his weapon. “I give up, cop! I confess: I took the bitcoins.”

“Why’d you do it?” I asked, as I slapped a pair of Oikos™ Greek Yogurt Presents Handcuffs® on the guy.

“Because I was afraid.”

“Afraid?”

“Afraid of an economic future free from the pernicious meddling of central bankers,” he said. “I’m a central banker.”

I wanted to coldcock the guy. Years ago, a central banker killed my partner. Instead, I shook my head.

“Let this be a message to all your central-banker friends out on the street,” I said. “No matter how many bitcoins you steal, you’ll never take away the dream of an open society based on the principles of personal and economic freedom.”

He nodded, because he knew I was right. Then he swiped his credit card to pay me for arresting him.

-Jimothy
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them/Theirs

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:32 am

Post by Mad Hatters Tea Party »

In post 86, The Bulge wrote:
In post 67, mozamis wrote:Town now Moz, Dunn, DKK, Not Mafia.
3 scum in Ythan, Hatter, Bugspray, Michael and Bulge. And that's vaguely in order of scummiest to towniest.
I guess that means if I was calling scum team now I would go for:
Ythan, Hatter and Bugspray.
why was ythan your strongest scumread at this point? was your vote serious?

In post 70, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:My thoughts on the game so far are few, the post restriction mechanic is an interesting one that appears to have evoked several differing playstyles and I am eager to see where this will turn the game.
what do you mean by differing playstyles? do you mean different from 'the usual' for each player? how familiar are you with this playerlist? Or do you mean different from each other, like a variety of differing playstyles? if that's the case, what makes you think it's as a result of the geriatric ruleset?

In post 80, bugspray wrote:Moz is doing a good job of trying to look busy but those reads are hot garbage and [p]78[/p] is just feels like scum trying to look town by asking someone to contribute to advancing the gamestate in a way that they know the person won't. The follow up right after is probably damaga control after Moz realized that they said something which conflicted with a previous post slightly
good posting

Ythan vibing as well but I'm gonna need more.
I have familiarity with some players present. The inversion of DkKoba's usual en masse posting and even fear of posting {as per their } has intrigued me; Not_Mafia is playing as anticipated, as well as others. I myself have been forced to adapt somewhat, while verbose I do attempt to keep posts and responses separate. Due to the post restriction I am attempting to gather responses to posts in one place, to allow myself leeway to future conversations.
In post 107, Michael Scott wrote:@Hatters: The lack of formatting was intentional, my dear friend Hectic - it is my desire that you put in extra effort to comprehend the train of thought that I so thoughtlessly vomited into the thread.

Your wish to remain on the edges is understandable, yet, we seem to have advanced beyond RVS now - do you not agree?
I regret to inform you, I am not Hectic. A player such as I, can only wish to achieve such levels of greatness. I do concur that we have freed ourselves of the shadows that is RVS.
In post 109, Ythan wrote:
In post 107, Michael Scott wrote:@Ythan: Wanna talk to me about what you don't like?
32 doesn't feel like a natural thought to me and 33 is jumpy. But then Hatter made a big fluffy 39 and jumped on the Moz wagon in a way I didn't like, then made another big fluffy and very self focused 70 I didn't like either.
I consider being called "fluffy" from a self-declared "shitty poster" a compliment.

Michael can certainly weave an interesting tale, though not one quite as inspiring as the Tweedles.

VOTE: Ythan - A little OMGUS as you call it, I confess. However, there feels to be a sincere lack of sincerity here.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
totally not a stealth alt
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Ythan »

Cool.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 130, Michael Scott wrote:I was shooting heroin and reading “The Fountainhead” in the front seat of my privately owned police cruiser when a call came in. I put a quarter in the radio to activate it. It was the chief.

“Bad news, detective. We got a situation.”

“What? Is the mayor trying to ban trans fats again?”

“Worse. Somebody just stole four hundred and forty-seven million dollars’ worth of bitcoins.”

The heroin needle practically fell out of my arm. “What kind of monster would do something like that? Bitcoins are the ultimate currency: virtual, anonymous, stateless. They represent true economic freedom, not subject to arbitrary manipulation by any government. Do we have any leads?”

“Not yet. But mark my words: we’re going to figure out who did this and we’re going to take them down … provided someone pays us a fair market rate to do so.”

“Easy, chief,” I said. “Any rate the market offers is, by definition, fair.”

He laughed. “That’s why you’re the best I got, Lisowski. Now you get out there and find those bitcoins.”

“Don’t worry,” I said. “I’m on it.”

I put a quarter in the siren. Ten minutes later, I was on the scene. It was a normal office building, strangled on all sides by public sidewalks. I hopped over them and went inside.

“Home Depot™ Presents the Police!®” I said, flashing my badge and my gun and a small picture of Ron Paul. “Nobody move unless you want to!” They didn’t.

“Now, which one of you punks is going to pay me to investigate this crime?” No one spoke up.

“Come on,” I said. “Don’t you all understand that the protection of private property is the foundation of all personal liberty?”

It didn’t seem like they did.

“Seriously, guys. Without a strong economic motivator, I’m just going to stand here and not solve this case. Cash is fine, but I prefer being paid in gold bullion or autographed Penn Jillette posters.”

Nothing. These people were stonewalling me. It almost seemed like they didn’t care that a fortune in computer money invented to buy drugs was missing.

I figured I could wait them out. I lit several cigarettes indoors. A pregnant lady coughed, and I told her that secondhand smoke is a myth. Just then, a man in glasses made a break for it.

“Subway™ Eat Fresh and Freeze, Scumbag!®” I yelled.

Too late. He was already out the front door. I went after him.

“Stop right there!” I yelled as I ran. He was faster than me because I always try to avoid stepping on public sidewalks. Our country needs a private-sidewalk voucher system, but, thanks to the incestuous interplay between our corrupt federal government and the public-sidewalk lobby, it will never happen.

I was losing him. “Listen, I’ll pay you to stop!” I yelled. “What would you consider an appropriate price point for stopping? I’ll offer you a thirteenth of an ounce of gold and a gently worn ‘Bob Barr ‘08’ extra-large long-sleeved men’s T-shirt!”

He turned. In his hand was a revolver that the Constitution said he had every right to own. He fired at me and missed. I pulled my own gun, put a quarter in it, and fired back. The bullet lodged in a U.S.P.S. mailbox less than a foot from his head. I shot the mailbox again, on purpose.

“All right, all right!” the man yelled, throwing down his weapon. “I give up, cop! I confess: I took the bitcoins.”

“Why’d you do it?” I asked, as I slapped a pair of Oikos™ Greek Yogurt Presents Handcuffs® on the guy.

“Because I was afraid.”

“Afraid?”

“Afraid of an economic future free from the pernicious meddling of central bankers,” he said. “I’m a central banker.”

I wanted to coldcock the guy. Years ago, a central banker killed my partner. Instead, I shook my head.

“Let this be a message to all your central-banker friends out on the street,” I said. “No matter how many bitcoins you steal, you’ll never take away the dream of an open society based on the principles of personal and economic freedom.”

He nodded, because he knew I was right. Then he swiped his credit card to pay me for arresting him.

-Jimothy
tl;dr
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:46 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 129, DkKoba wrote:ok but link me a town game where u try a similar amount as this game cuz ..... i dont think it exists lol
it just seems v disingenuous, like even so my amount of try waxes and wanes a big amount. i think it ssuper likely you just devekioed this meta read when i rolled scum 3 times in a row

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by mozamis »

Enjoyed Micheal's post, almost laughed out loud like I used to at one point.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by mozamis »

Essentailly a prod doging, is that still allowed, who cares when I have a choc orange to eat
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:56 pm

Post by bugspray »

grrr game is slow.
mosamis i care that you are prodging because when the game is slow scum loves that and they will make those kinds of empty posts

i really dont like how you fluffed on the michael scott post. makes me thingk you are scum with little creativityy

VOTE: mozamis why is this evil bun still alive?

Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:10 pm

Because quite frankly I believe people are scared of breaching their posting restriction.

The following is not optional. I would like to see a "Gun to Head" solve, or top town reads from everyone, justification is optional. The game is stagnant, people have complained about my reads, so lets get some out there.

My solve currently stands at Mozamies, Ythan and Michael Scott. While I do have a gimmick, at least I am capable of contributing more than a story of capitalism, and attempt to create some consistency that isn't a simple tirade of verbose visual vomit.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:10 am

Post by Michael Scott »

No. People are bored, Mozamis wagon feels lazy. :P

-Jimothy
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:07 am

Post by mozamis »

My heart now years for a private voucher system for pavements lol
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:10 am

Post by mozamis »

*yearns
START USING THE PREVIEW MZ FFS
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:26 am

Post by mozamis »

What is the case on me? I'll answer it.
As much as I thought Michael's post was very funny and a damning analysis of Federal Neo-Post Socialist Conservative Liberalism, would like to see a bit more serious content from him.
At the moment we have Notmafia, MIchael, Hatter all doing their bit for the soul of comedy, but not much for the game.
Gun To Ears reads:
Moz, Dunn, Michael, Hatter, Dkk town.
2 scum in other four.
I liked Hatter's post demanding "gun to head reads".
So scum in Bulge, Not Mafia,Bugspray and Ythan.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:29 am

Post by mozamis »

I guess Ythan is lurker read, NM is usual impossible to read.
So if i Had to call it now, I would say scum Bulge and Bugspray.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:31 am

Post by mozamis »

I just love the way everythinng is effing sponsored lol HOME DEPOT PRESENTS THE POLICE!
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:37 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 119, DkKoba wrote:its not a prod dodge if u give reads on slots
A FEW years ago some Mods had a "no prod dodge" rule. You weren't allowed to simply post "prod dodge".
I wasn't sure if that rule was still in effect, so I wanted to post a tiny bit of content to circumvent that rule in a weasly, wanky way so beloved of my cowardly disposition.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:44 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 137, bugspray wrote:makes me thingk you are scum with little creativityy
You are half right. I am town.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Glad you liked the copypasta hehe :P
Not too many strong thoughts, but anyway,

1. I dislike Dunn's reaction to me calling me unreadable and then disappearing.
2. I agree with the Koba townread.
3. If Mad Hatters is familiar with me, I would scumread them - but their post seems to indicate they're not. However, they seem to be implying that reads are the only form of content, ignoring my questioning attacks on people (refer to ISO). Yes, I'm not -pushing hard and deep- on those lines of attack, but I'd like to hear if you believe that they are non-contributions, Mad Hatter.
4. I think the Mozamis' wagon is bleh. As to Bugspray's recent post on that - mozamis' fluffpost seems like the type of content scum would take care *not* to post. I think that uncreative scum don't just blatantly express to prod dodge that way, and given Bugspray's vote having already been on moazamis I'm not liking that post at all.

-Jimothy
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:48 am

Post by mozamis »

VOTE: THE BULGE
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:28 am

In post 147, Michael Scott wrote:Glad you liked the copypasta hehe :P
Not too many strong thoughts, but anyway,

1. I dislike Dunn's reaction to me calling me unreadable and then disappearing.
2. I agree with the Koba townread.
3. If Mad Hatters is familiar with me, I would scumread them - but their post seems to indicate they're not. However, they seem to be implying that reads are the only form of content, ignoring my questioning attacks on people (refer to ISO). Yes, I'm not -pushing hard and deep- on those lines of attack, but I'd like to hear if you believe that they are non-contributions, Mad Hatter.
4. I think the Mozamis' wagon is bleh. As to Bugspray's recent post on that - mozamis' fluffpost seems like the type of content scum would take care *not* to post. I think that uncreative scum don't just blatantly express to prod dodge that way, and given Bugspray's vote having already been on moazamis I'm not liking that post at all.

-Jimothy
From the sheer level of excrement I am able to produce into the field, I am aware that sometimes there is gold in shit. I have no familiarity with you. There is more than simple reads to develop, there is the matter of shares tea with whom, who passes hand over hand, across spaces that do not belong to them and whom asks politely if a message may be passed upon their behalf.
Etiquette is a powerful thing to observe, and now if you would kindly pass the cream?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”