PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am not going to say you are 100% wrong Gurgi, but I actually have reason to believe Bing* is something else completly. Call it a Hunch based on what I've assumed from all the other roles I know about. And who I think is what role. And no I can't explain this hunch at this time.

Also in general Doc speculation = Bad. There might not be one doc that specifically stops just mafia here.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

PF, that would require an RB, Night One: SpyreX. No?

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have been in theme games before where there have been no docs and where there have been 2 docs so doc speculation = bad
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

This means that the Bing Machine is almost certainly doc.

Albatross!
probably. I think we should mass claim. I am bothered by a few things now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Wait, what does a self target roleblocker do? I'm confused.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think ironman didn't get his action in on time night 1
Elvis was blocked by Azimuth

And you are forgetting Mirth a "Self target role blocker" hit spryeX on night 1. I don't know what "Self target role blocker" is exactly but I don't think this line of reasoning speculating on doc's is good.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

If I had to guess I would guess a self target role blocker

roleblocked you by sending your action back at yourself.

Imagordan brought up this guess earlier
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

OK. At this point we either Massclaim or drop speculation.

Albatross!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

OK. At this point we either Massclaim or drop speculation.

Albatross!
I vote mass claim.

Also can someone verify who else stated they were visited by the bridgkeeper. I think it was the internet.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Alright I found it. The internet was indeed visited by the bridge keeper. Anyone else want to admit to being visited by the bridge keeper? Speek now I think it will help.
Now back to my thoughts on cult. At this point I think either the cult hasn't succeeded in recruiting people or their is no cult. I don't believe in red herrings so it is slightly suspicious to me.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't see a massclaim as being able to out scum anymore.

I suspect 1 evil ego guy alive. And 10% chance of small cult.

To put it simply I was targeted by something last night. I think this something is our doc or a version of a bizarre flavor doc. I'd say 80% chance this thing is our only doc. I also think this something is NOT "The Machine that goes Bing". I'm 100% sure this thing I describe is NOT "The Machine that goes Bing".

I suppose "The machine that goes bing" could be a doc but he ain't the one I am refering too. And I suppose he could have targeted me but there is no Imaginable way this skill I saw could belong to "The Machine that goes Bing". Going any further with this would be a bad idea.

Bridgekeeper visited SpyreX, Internet, Muerto, and BLANK. They are not necessarily cleared yet. I vaguely remember somebody (Not sure who) specifically saying they thought the bridgekeeper could be a WIFOM or some wierd scum role that was just being used to clear scum.

Also K7 sent Internet at the Ninja. Internet should verify this and give the info since Ninja was scum. And this will further verify K&'s skill is what I said it was 1000 times.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Part of why I'm looking back is I want to know exactly who said this:

Bridgekeeper visited SpyreX, Internet, Muerto, and BLANK. They are not necessarily cleared yet. I vaguely remember somebody (Not sure who) specifically saying they thought the bridgekeeper could be a WIFOM or some wierd scum role that was just being used to clear scum.

can't remember exact words but somebody said something like this and I want to look at it before we look at clearing or damning those the bridgekeeper targeted.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Muerrto »

PokerFace wrote:
@Muerto,
Paraphase!

1) What did you get from me?
2) What did you try to say to me that became:
"The whiff between your legs attracts the vicinity of canines" and another sentence I ain't translated yet?
3) Did you actually say 2 sentences to me or did my phrasebook just give me 2 for a reason I ain't figured out yet?

I wanted you to say: "Yondalavasa gredenwee strevenca!" or however that is spelled in hungarian. In the video you say that to me and you definatly did not say that phrase so I am not ready to call you tobabconist.
Lol um you expected me to say what? You said your cucumber had run out of oil and could I have another one. I said I don't have a cucumber but here's a zucchini =p I might've used a comma between the two since that's correct grammar so I guess it could've come thru as 2 sentences *shrug*
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by The Internet »

Right, I'm here. I was indeed targeted by K7. I saw TSPN target Elvis_knits. Whether he was sending in the kill or just target him for the bridgekeeper junk I don't know. Because TSPN was described as "question asker" I'm beginning to suspect that the bridgekeeper might be a linked role, shared between multiple people. I'm a bit mad that the person I wanted lynched is dead, so I'll have to revise my scumlist. As for massclaim, at this point the only people who haven't claimed are me and imagordon. I will claim if you prefer that I do.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by The Internet »

Ghetto edit. I'd also like to point out something of interest. yesterday, TSPN actually asked EK to kill me last night. Fortunately, it appears EK didn't listen.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:16 am

Post by strappado »

hrrrmm... I'm lost today. I was pretty sure Azi was scum. I guess K7 is my only suspect that's still alive, but I dont have an incredibly strong feeling about him...that could be because he hasn't posted much to get a feeling about.
Nobody else has really set off the radar.
Uhmmm... yeah.

So...K7 - feel like saying more today so I can get a better feel for ya?
http://strappado.mybrute.com
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

interesting... I'm going to have to check if it was a period or a comma involved in there. Any rate its nothing significant that makes you one thing or the other. You can be tobacconist or faking last spainard or tobacconist and scum in my book. Regardless since I ain't figured out any easy pattern with this stupid phrasebook i'm effectivly vanilla with comic relief. When I could have automatically won and possibly been immortal for the rest of the game assuming you were telling the truth which I deeply suspect you aren't. Being straight up comic reflief wouldn't surprise me since I was given 2 options unlike elvis.

at any rate Muerto,
when you spoke with the bridge keeper why didn't you follow your own ideas and consider lying?
Muerrto wrote:
The Internet wrote:I think that these questions make it more certain that he is protown, as he would not need these if he was scum, and this would make a poor WIFOM, as if he was mafia he could just never claim.
While I'm not saying the BK is scum or town, I'd say assuming he's town because of his questions is bad WIFOM itself. He did ask if you were cult and who your partners are so he could be scum. He also asked if you were scum and who your partners were so he could be cult. He could also be town checking both.

Still seems like a ridiculously powerful role.

Not suggesting this per se but someone might wanna think about lying if the question is too powerful an answer(like what's your ability) to see what happens if they lie.

I myself didn't think the bridge keeper would be a scum role earlier so this info will be of interest to me as will this
PokerFace wrote:Part of why I'm looking back is I want to know exactly who said this:

can't remember exact words but somebody said something like this and I want to look at it before we look at clearing or damning those the bridgekeeper targeted.
Ninja left a crumb and probably planned to use that crumb to clear himself later. See what's italized?
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
pokerface wrote: Explain why you went back and forth on Luigi and the two taunter principle? Those are your #7 and #8 posts so your change of heart looks like an effort to go with the rest of the flow considering what everybody had been saying since there was no definite proof luigi was faking. Only a possibility. If you are going with the flow and not giving your own opinions then you are scum. Also I know your vote didn't count here because you forgot to unvote, but this still lookslike a big flipflop.
I changed my mind on LG because joking seemed like a reasonable explanation and I didn't have anything else on him.

I changed my mind on spyrex because of the
investigative result on him.
That was fairly compelling.
I shoulda knew something was up when he did not support his second result on internet like he did his first result on SpyreX
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
pokerface wrote: You trust his night 1 investigation but not his night 2.
That is true.

At this stage in the game, I support the massclaim.
But I guess it doesn't at all matter now. He was inbetween on the 2 taunters and them both being what they say they were and them both being scum too and such. I picked the wrong one by going for Azimuth.

Still if someone gets the time to find what I mentioned in that first quote for me, it'd be apreciated. I don't think what I quoted from ninja is exactly what I'm thinking of there. I thought Muerto or Internet were the ones talking about it in general so I'm just going to review all the bridgekeeper stuff as soon as I get the chance. I probably won't get around to looking more for it exactly until the weekend. Bunch of my neighbors still ain't got power (We are in Ohio WTF you doing power companies!) so they have been going in and out of the houses of those on the block that do got power. I hate those annoying people yet since everyone else is helping them I kinda got to aswell or look bad in retrospect. Anoying bitches.

I will not support massclaim or just character and flavor only claims unless those that ain't claimed honestly feel they should. I don't see a reason they would need to from my viewpoint unless we were about to lynch them. Gurgi, internet, and imagordan are only ones that ain't full claimed yet.

I'll see you guys probably on or close to weekend when neighbors stop needing to be freeloaders and I got more free time.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Muerrto »

PokerFace wrote:
at any rate Muerto,
when you spoke with the bridge keeper why didn't you follow your own ideas and consider lying?
It was only a thought and a question when I posted it as to if others thought it was a good idea. In the movie, those that lie are killed. That's a pretty gutsy 'consider' and not worth the risk IMO.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by imaginality »

I've re-read all the posts from Muerrto, The Internet, killa seven and farside22. Of those, The Internet, and to an extent K7, look more suspect than the others to me (though K7's lack of content makes it hard to get a good read on him). I found that Muerrto's posts came across better than I remembered, he's made some good points.

I'm going to re-read PokerFace, Lord Gurgi and strappado's posts later today, will sum up my thoughts after that.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:42 am

Post by farside22 »

I am offically confused. (sigh). I really don't think the internet is scum and yes I know the whole WIFOM is not always on par, but someone with TSPN visiting his own scum partner for information just does not make sense.
I think I just need to sit down and read everyone again I keep getting this feeling that although azimuth is wrong about me I wonder if I'm ignoring LG because of his post restriction. No I don't think he is faking it, but I haven't heard him give us anything as town we could use. He states taht he has to do his PR or loses his ability, but what ability is that he has gained? What is it that he has learned. It just stated bugging me now that Azimuth flipped town.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

I will only agree with what Farside said after I review what it is I'm searching for. Saying he isn't mafia doesn't make him not cult if there is actually a cult despite how I am doubting it now.

I have thought a few things over on massclaim or not based on who I know is what role at this point. Just wish I knew the alignment of the roles. I am leaning more on that thing being a wierd flavor variant than being a doc after reading some things. I reviewed over things and I actually doubt it will hurt to tell all who is what since there is only 3 left. And since I can already guess who's what, Scum can probably too. Only Gurgi, Internet and Imagordan really need to vote on this. You guys want "FULL" massclaim or not? Only you guys need to pick, Gurgi ain't gave a skill yet. I'm guessing its already a yes from Gurgi considering what he said earlier. So that leaves Internet and Imagordan.

BTW we should verify If what internet said is true. Was anyone visited by the bridgekeeper last night?

I know that I wasn't.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:25 am

Post by farside22 »

PokerFace wrote:I will only agree with what Farside said after I review what it is I'm searching for. Saying he isn't mafia doesn't make him not cult if there is actually a cult despite how I am doubting it now.

I have thought a few things over on massclaim or not based on who I know is what role at this point. Just wish I knew the alignment of the roles. I am leaning more on that thing being a wierd flavor variant than being a doc after reading some things. I reviewed over things and I actually doubt it will hurt to tell all who is what since there is only 3 left. And since I can already guess who's what, Scum can probably too. Only Gurgi, Internet and Imagordan really need to vote on this. You guys want "FULL" massclaim or not? Only you guys need to pick, Gurgi ain't gave a skill yet. I'm guessing its already a yes from Gurgi considering what he said earlier. So that leaves Internet and Imagordan.

BTW we should verify If what internet said is true. Was anyone visited by the bridgekeeper last night?

I know that I wasn't.
I was not visited by the bridge keeper.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:49 am

Post by imaginality »

I wasn't visited by the bridgekeeper.

Farside's point about the bridgekeeper being unlikely to visit scum is a reasonable one. Part of my focus on The Internet is simply that of the people who have claimed night actions, their claims seem to stack up (i.e. hard to see how they could be lying about having the powers they've claimed). So I'm thinking if we have likely just one scum remaining, it's either The Internet, who hasn't roleclaimed yet, or else someone has the power they've claimed but has anti-town alignment. (If that's the case, I still think K7 is a good suspect.)

I'm okay with a full claim. I agree with you that it's not hard for the scum to figure out the remaining roles anyhow.

I'm The Sargeant. My night action is somewhat frivolous, I think: I can train someone to defend themselves against a fruit of my choice.

Night 1, Jordan trained PokerFace to defend himself against attackers armed with bananas.

Night 2, Jordan trained The Internet to defend himself against raspberries

Night 3, I trained farside to defend herself against satsumas

Night 4, I trained PokerFace again, this time against loganberries.

I'm now pretty sure there are no fruit-wielding attackers lurking in our midst (but hey, if there are any, you guys are safe... well, unless they come at you with a sharpened mango :wink: )

... on the other hand, I'm not entirely useless. Because I do have
a one-shot day-vig ability
- otherwise known as
a tiger
. I'm not totally in control of the tiger, but I've been promised that it should strike someone I suspect. I've not been told whether a tiger day-kill ends the day.

For most of the time since taking over from Jordan, I thought it was better not to hint at my role, since having a vig shot could be pretty handy late-game. That's why I was reluctant to give more than 'long' as a hint to PF earlier (hard to think of another word that would make PF think of bananas but not anyone else, and anyone thinking of bananas and Monty Python would immediately guess my character), though I did try to give another subtle hint here:
imaginality wrote:I am still considering whether to have another
shot
at proving to PF I know the skill he received, but I'm thinking it may be better to
wait
(If you watch the video, the sargeant kills the first trainee by shooting him, and the second by dropping a weight on him.)

Trying to survive to late-game was also why I didn't try to be too obviously pro-town the last day or so (didn't want to get night-killed). But now that we have three scum dead already (plus elvis the kinda-SK also dead), and with the cult looking a lot like a red herring, I see less need to try to semi-lurk through to the endgame. So I've decided to claim now and hopefully help our chances to figure out who the remaining scum is today.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

I will verify that yes, what Imagordan says is true applying to me. His action I saw and refered to after night one. And he is also the bizarre flavor doc I refered to earlier. He trains or teaches you how to "protect" yourself from a fruit based attacker. And since I don't believe there are any fruit based attacker either that is why I described him as wierd flavor and figured he could come out if he wanted too. If there are no fruit based attackers then there is a red herring there. It would fit the aspect that all his students wanted to be trained to guard against actual threats.

I did consider the word long refering to bananas but the word long itself is too subtle and selective. I thought you might have been putting something over on me back then. So I asked for more. When no one else mentioned targeting me besides you I figured you were indeed the fruit trainer despite the word long being highly subjective.

@Farside,
Did you actually get Imagordan's night 3 action?

Since I can see what Imagordan does and saw it twice with different fruits I will verify he can't be a cult recruiter if there is one. He can be mafia or a recruit but not a recruiter.

I highly doubt there is a Fruit attacker. There is a hiding wedding party.
Is there a tobacconist, is there a cult? I still got no exact clue on those two, but it is likly Red herrings are involved in the game at least partially with no fruit attacker to counter a fruit protector.

I don't see a need for you to do the tiger stuff at this time. I did not know or think anything about that earlier.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:12 am

Post by farside22 »

@Farside, Did you actually get Imagordan's night 3 action?
No. Probably because I'm a hider anyone who targets me will just fail so I can not confirm that action.
I don't see a need for you to do the tiger stuff at this time. I did not know or think anything about that earlier.
I don't think he should do this now, but now that it is out there is a strong possiblity of him being killed because what mafia would want a one shot vig in play?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”