PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I understand the obvtown part

but having read his game very recently I kind of disagree on the brilliant insight part :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm gonna be busy this weekend and I really feel it's best that I take a back-seat at this point

V/LA until Monday
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:23 pm

I realize my last comment might be interpreted as mean.

It's really not meant that way.

I just don't want Norwee to be set up for some incredibly high standard that you use to judge him as like bad if he does not reach it :<

and yes I do think he will eventually obvtown. But I find norwee more likely to obvtown if someone puts him thru stress :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:14 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Yeah I was exaggerating the part about brilliant insights, I got carried away a little

I’m not saying he must be brilliant or he’s scum. It’s not about performance level, it’s more that nothing he’s done this game has been townie imo
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:25 pm

Post by Farkran »

Wtf why do you not like the anime i suggested, they're both hidden treasures worth being watched even if you aren't fond of their genre

By the way, after thinking about it, i realized my read on Day has fully 180ed after one single post. This is a bit concerning, but i don't want his head anymore at least for today.

I guess i am... partially ok with Lucy? Our reads align a fair amount, but i don't understand her votes. I mean, i get the theory for joining the wagon on norwee, but given her read in i would expect she would see the menalque wagon more useful and i don't understand why she picked the other side instead

Also ydrasse do you feel better?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:33 pm

Alright time for some substantive takes. I'll be back to the regularly scheduled banter before you know it.

Spoiler: Suji
14 posts
1 opening remark to everyone
7 questions
1 greeting to Chara
3 thank yous

No posts for 56 hours.

This feels like a very typical red-role who has been unable to keep up and insert himself into the conversation/fit in.

The questions he asks are kind of bland - some of them go nowhere and I'm not really sure what the point of some of them are ? Like I don't see how they are questions asked with the purpose of actually getting anywhere rather than just trying to engage with the game state in some way when you are not comfortable.

I don't have meta-specific knowledge of this player, I've only had one game with him, and he was scum and was lurker'rep'd out.

Conversely this is also the type of LHF lurker that I would expect the scum to be attacking if this is a green slot.

And I don't really see much pressure here at all.

Spoiler: LegoLucy
I like this slot a lot. the vibe and flow of the posting is very good, there are some thoughts sprinkled in that I can see myself having in the moment. There's a lot of buddying from this slot towards me, but it doesn't
feel
like scum motivated buddying. This however is also a very dangerous slot if it is red; if this is a red slot it can go all the way - the social flow game is very on point. Absolutely re-examine this slot if it gets anywhere close to endgame

Spoiler: Chara
I adore Chara and I can't wait for Chara to return so I can put more things here. I haven't seen anything incredibly townie or pingy from this slot and I doubt I will be able to spot Chara's scum game :3

The emotional undertones feel very loose - I don't think there's any attempt to deceive here

Spoiler: Pooky/Skitter Dance PT

I love this song so much <3
Last edited by innocentvillager on Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:03 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1105, Farkran wrote:
In post 1104, Alisae wrote:@fark since i posted
Eh i guess

Why am i the only one townreading you?

But like it's not a minor tr, i think i can bet the game on that and i don't understand why my views are so different than anyone else's atm

How the f do you guys scumhunt?

Or townhunt for what matters, i.e. i remember Chara saying it's good at townhunting in undertale (even though it was scum there), we could use some of that too
I also TR Alisae.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1110, Menalque wrote:(Ali, fark, day)?
This is your solve? Mehhh.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1173, LegoLucy wrote:I think Norwee is part of the village because he went through thought process and talked about how sometimes on different time if someone fought him he would think the attacker was a wolf but for Luca he didn't think that. He said Luca was bad at the game. Luca would only be bad at the game if Luca is guessing Norwee's rolecard wrong. Of course it could be a lie that Norwee is telling but Norwee just the meander path of his thoughtstream doesn't go there as much if norwee were to be a wolf, norwee would spend more time on other things. I think.

Menalque he has been quiet but early on I remember a small good feeling i don't remember why. I think it is bad that he is not wonder about skitter. even if it is not how he can win as villager i think he would wonder you can see the different with pooky pooky wonder if Ydrasse is good or is she is bad even though he decided he will not vote her either way
Why are you saying you think i’m town and voting me?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1234, Luca Blight wrote:I read Norwee based on how he solves. When he's Town his thought-process and posting is so natural, his takes so logical, his insights so brilliant, and I tend to agree with just about everything he says. His progressions are flawless. Nothing like what I've seen this game. I could go into so much detail on this but I don't want to spoil the meta tells I have

He's capable of shitposting as either alignment, so his RVS play is NAI. I've seen him get emotional and frustrated as both alignments. I will say that frustration is
perhaps
more likely from Town!him, but I really believe it to be NAI in this situation due to context.

That's why I keep asking him to ignore me, because if he is Town then the only way I'll see it is from him solving.
This is some ridicolous burden of proficiency shit you’re pulling when you literally scum cased me early day 1 and haven’t even like given me time. Sometimes you have a slow game because there’s not much to go on yet.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

A big part of luca’s case also seems to be about my Suji vote, but i think you’re clearly misunderstanding my intentions there. I was never voting there because i expected the wagon to go through and a Suji flip, i just wanted to put some pressure to see how they would react. Something you ruined by suddenly casing me with super confidence out of nowhere.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:19 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Anyway i think Mena might legit be bad news so far and i scumread them more than Suji from the start. I just wanted to see how the game would react around wagons such as Suji, and maybe even help me solve Mena even better.
VOTE: Menalque

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

*Day 1*

Norwee: Hi.

Luca: Why Norwegian hasn’t solved the game yet? Where are the brilliant takes? Scum.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:29 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

LegoLucy’s stance on me feels really lame because the explanation behind their vote is like an excuse for scum to join my mislim wagon and then argue "well, i did townread them. I just followed Luca!!"

- Bunno
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:36 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1263, NorwegianboyEE wrote:LegoLucy’s stance on me feels really lame because the explanation behind their vote is like an excuse for scum to join my mislim wagon and then argue "well, i did townread them. I just followed Luca!!"
That's not the full story though

She explicitly said she is voting you because 1. Sheep luca, 2. Put pressure (saying it kinda defeats the purpose but everyone seems to be doing that)

My only problem with it is that there was a menalque wagon available, which is a null/sr of lucy, and chose to join the tr wagon instead. This is the weird part.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:06 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don’t really think Lucy looks bad in any other way from what i’m seeing, but their take is just... why?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1246, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:my idea of solving norwee is to just hardpush him until he cries and then he's probly town.
=_=

(Btw i’m catching up while i’m walking in town and on the bus so it’s kinda broken up into little intervals where i have time)

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think the "i townread Norwee kinda, Luca seems so sure of himself" slots like Skitter deserves a whole lot more attention. Scum would definitely egg on the TvT here and pick sides.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

As in Skitter’s vote on me because "Luca is so sure of himself" is an awful take.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1230, skitter30 wrote:luca to elaborate a bit: i townread you fairly strongly at this point
and i believe that you have a fairly high level of accuracy at reading norwee
(you sound kinda exactly like me when i talk abt reading someone like a50 for exactly)

i think you're therefore probably on to something, and i don't know who scum is rn, so i feel like it's worth a shot

i dont' think you're scum who's pulling 'i'm super good at reading norwee and y'all should sheep me because':
- you don't seem to expect you'll get sheeped
- if you were and you misflip town nor you'll lose a load of credibility

for all of those things together, if you're actually that good at reading him, i feel reasonably decent sheeping it
*Hurls in my mouth*
This post is nasty.

Think of it this way, if you knew me/Luca was TvT what would you make of this post here? Hard pocket attempt + kill another town slot.
I also disagree on your take that Luca will lose credibility on a townflip of me, and that’s more what scum would be banking on. If Luca pushes me like this as scum with the knowledge that i would flip town i would be really freaking impressed. The correct stance is that no matter my flip Luca is town here.

- Bunno
LegoLucy
LegoLucy
Goon
LegoLucy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:18 am

Post by LegoLucy »

But Luca is 90% sure and Farkran is just normal sure

the difference between how strong I know Norwegian and how strong I know Menal is like 22%

Pooky's summary of Sujimichi seems strong. But Sujimichi will probably be replace
LegoLucy
LegoLucy
Goon
LegoLucy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:19 am

Post by LegoLucy »

VOTE: skitter22
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:19 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Actually, fuck it.
VOTE: Skitter30
This is scum.

- Bunno
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:48 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1269, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1230, skitter30 wrote:luca to elaborate a bit: i townread you fairly strongly at this point
and i believe that you have a fairly high level of accuracy at reading norwee
(you sound kinda exactly like me when i talk abt reading someone like a50 for exactly)

i think you're therefore probably on to something, and i don't know who scum is rn, so i feel like it's worth a shot

i dont' think you're scum who's pulling 'i'm super good at reading norwee and y'all should sheep me because':
- you don't seem to expect you'll get sheeped
- if you were and you misflip town nor you'll lose a load of credibility

for all of those things together, if you're actually that good at reading him, i feel reasonably decent sheeping it
*Hurls in my mouth*
This post is nasty.

Think of it this way, if you knew me/Luca was TvT what would you make of this post here? Hard pocket attempt + kill another town slot.
I also disagree on your take that Luca will lose credibility on a townflip of me, and that’s more what scum would be banking on. If Luca pushes me like this as scum with the knowledge that i would flip town i would be really freaking impressed. The correct stance is that no matter my flip Luca is town here.
Like, this is a solid town post from Norwee to me, not only because it's correct but also because it is quite far from his scumrange afaicr

That being said... i didn't realize how naive is that skitter's take on luca. Not sure if scum!her would pull it with this plist though? I would have to know how much credit she gives around these players, skitter is *usually* on a different league so she may be underestimating someone

As a redeeming factor have seen lost town!skitter in the past, and she *can* be pretty wrong in her takes (ftr it was the pyp where i hydraed with Kerset). I'm puzzled that her takes here aren't as strong as what she was doing around page 10-20.

Skitter, honest answer: are you having a hard time keeping up with the pace of this game?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

No.
(Although i also havent read the overnight pages)

I'll try to get that today, but i may be unable to before my vla, might have to be tomorrow night
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”